[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest dramaok

yeah no.. seriously!

i think Han Ga In is gorgeous and a good actress in the right role.

if they want to cast her so bad as the lead, they gotta cast male actors that suit her.

instead of a bunch of younger guys that are just gonna look too young for her, no?

for goodness sakes Yeonwoo (Wol) is loved by all the men. and so far they are all so much younger. lol.

it's fine if that's how the story was written. but this is based on the novel right?

are they gonna change the ages from the novel then?

cuz in the novel. Yeonwoo is 13 and Hwon (who becomes king) is 15, and the half-brother Yang Myung is 16, and Yenowoo's older brother is 17.

and then later, they are in their early to mid 20s.

that means, Han Ga In who is playing a role who should be 2 years younger than KSH who is playing Hwon.

but Han Ga In is 1982-born and KSH is 1988 born. so there's already a 6 year age gap plus they have to make up the 2 year character gap.

so they have to make up 8 years in age! hope the makeup team can do miracles. i am seriously not dissing HGI at all.

but the character is supposed to be a very smart woman who is much more wise and much more intelligent than her age.

but this might just look like a noona and little brother love story gone weird now.

then Jeong Il Woo. okay his character is even older than Hwon. Jeong is older than KSH by 1 year but they are still gonna have to make up 8-9 years in age.

it's gonna look like 2 little brothers in love with the same noona in the neighborhood if they don't do it right.

oh well. i will still watch it or at least check it out. the character I am mostly anticipating now for the casting is the bodyguard of the king actually.

please don't make him so young too. this guy is also older than the character HGI is playing, so please cast a 1980-er or close to it.

the king is the sun.

Yeonwoo is the moon (Wol).

they hang in the sky at opposite times of the day and cannot meet.

but the bodyguard is Woon (cloud) who can be present day and night.

it cannot embrace the moon but it can absorb the rain, the tears of the moon.

but the cloud can only conceal or protect the sun and the moon.

it cannot shine the world on its own. a very sad fate. and they need a smoking hot guy who doesn't talk to play this role.

i love the bodyguard so much i hope they don't cast a little boy again.

or change Han Ga In and cast a comparable actress, like Moon Geun Young or Shin Se Kyung.

the other casting to look out for is the older version of Princess Min Hwa, the sister of Hwon.

Minhwa and Yeonwoo are the same age so i don't know what they're gonna do here.

the actress needs to look comparable to Han Ga In in age.

but this is the younger sister of Hwon so she should probably look younger than Hwon by 2 years too.

Have to admit that I agree with dramaok regarding HGI. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that she's supposed to be playing a character 2 years younger than KSH. blink.gif Plus, she's an actress that I'm very ambivalent about. I don't dislike her, or think she's a terrible actress, but I've never been really impressed with her either.

Oh well... that being said, I'm willing to go into this with an open mind and hope for the best.

bromance! bromance!

i seriously did a happy dance when i saw that Jung Il Woo is going to be back in sageuk mode, though I'm a little embarrassed that I read it on dramabeans first instead of on Soompi. I wonder if we need a separate section just for dramas or something... I'm not really into k-pop, but since that's mostly what we cover, i forget we have drama stuff too :P 

anyhow -- very excited about this :D

thanks for all the info!

-s

Guest dramaok

yeah i think there will be lots of bromance.

i think they go into script reading for adult cast next week.

so i guess they will finalize the casting this week?

the younger cast has been filming for a few weeks already.

i read somewhere ep. 6 is where they transition from young to older.

not 100% sure though.

script:

6j5tow.jpg

Hwon's sister, young Princess Minhwa (adult version not yet cast):

jiheejenny1322489162662.jpg

young version Yeom (Yeonwoo's brother) by Siwan:

aflrzvfceaajf3e.jpg

young version Yoon Bokyeong (she's Hwon's queen consort) by Kim So-Hyeon:

63101513.jpg

more younger cast filming pix.

i think the girl is the younger version of Seol (Yeonwoo's main servant) but i'm not sure.

dsc7456f.jpgdsc7463b.jpg

dsc7430h.jpgdsc7447m.jpg

picture credits: KMstar Cafe and Kim Soohyun Cafe.

--------------

may this couple have sizzling chemistry. puuullleeasssee.

Kim Soo-hyeon (Hwon) and Han Ga-in (Wol/Yeonwoo):

97672021.jpgalba03201002101620380.jpg

picture credit: Daum

@ luna179 *waves back* sorry very late wavess........

From the picture above HGI seems fine but I don't know when the picture was taken*rolls eyes*. So everything depends on the make-up man/woman.

Omg JIW. I am not missing this drama for sure. But actually I like JW also but sad he cannot continue with this project.

I think it will be hard for jil also becoz he will be busy with back to back projects after fbors. He will be tired . I hope he cope up well and stay healthy for this project.

Guest CaRoLiNaaa

Jung Il Woo??????? love him!

and he's playing a fake playboy with a big heart? more talented than his brother? more suited for the king role? why isn't he the lead?

My opinion are of course biased by my love for JIW, i am sorry

by the way, HGI is really too old... i don't mind her with JIW, since he looks quite mature and he can handle it

but KSH? he needs a girl his age... he looks very young and i don't know if i can imagine him as cold-blooded king at the beginning

also, first 6 episodes about childhood? how long is the drama supposed to last?

well, with this kind of angsty plot, i assume it's gonna last a bit...

Who's interest this drama in Novel version ? there eng trans at site.

http://belectricground.com/2011/12/06/book-club-the-moon-that-embraces-the-sun-chapter-1/#more-10828

Hi,

Thanks for opening  this thread and for all info and  pictures.:rolleyes:

They already started to filming? Hope everything goes well for them.

I'm looking forward for it.

I think we should not think about HGI's age, otherwise we gonna keep thinking how they look not so compatible with each other. Just imagining she's younger than KSY.

......Gahhh.. I must be joking.. she's practically an ajumma :lol:

Ok, I'm confused.

I've known for a while that Moon would follow Me Too Flower but since I'm not watching that drama I was a bit fuzzy about where it was in its broadcast. I'd seen Moon advertised several times as airing on Jan 25th for the first time but I've just learned that M2F is ending at the end of December which would mean that Moon would start the very first week of January.

Is this true? Or is there going to be some drama specials to fill the time until Jan 25?

I was already a bit puzzled that we hadn't seen any official posters or trailers when I thought the release date was still Jan 25 but now I'm kind of concerned. If it does premiere during the first week of January, that's less than a month away!

And it seems to me the "adult" actors haven't started shooting (and one of them is still filming Ramyun Shop). It could give credence to the rumor that there will be 6 childhood episodes. This is a 20/24 eps drama right? 6 episodes seems like way too much to me.

I was really looking forward to this drama but now I'm kind of worried. Does anyone have some more info about how things are going?

Guest dramaok

according to one of the cafes, they filmed the trailer on the 6th and the 7th.

yeah i think it just depends on if they're really gonna hack the drama schedule over low ratings.

it's rather nasty of them totally dissing the actors and production team, but it's business i guess.

so if that's the case (i don't think it's finalized) but you still have to allow for year-end stuff like awards,

so i think imo, it's gonna air early january, so earlier than the 24th as originally scheduled.

i think they've already filmed quite a bit so they're probably gonna be okay.

Naver has it listed as starting on January 4th, 2012 and a 20-episode production.

great news for SKKS followers! Our "Choseon" Kim Min Seo (김민서)

skk0343inyun03.jpg

has been cast in "Moon that embraces the Sun" as Yoon Bo-Kyeong the soon to be Queen.

Hwon's queen consort, the woman who cannot win her man's affection. T.T

oh i really like Kim Min Seo. she has such a feisty appearance but such a soft and vulnerable voice and gaze.

Thank you dramaok!

I was under the impression that the adult cast hadn't started shooting yet. Glad I seem to be wrong. Posters and trailers should starts to come out soon then.

But since it does seem likely to be only a 20 ep drama, now I *really* hope there won't be 6 childhood episodes. So much time spent on the childhood of the characters seems more fitted to a 30 ep drama to my mind.

That's good news regarding the casting Kim Min Seo! I really liked her in SKKS :lol:

Guest dramaok

inswave.gif

singer/actor Kim Jeong Hoon (김정훈) confirms he will not participate in Moon that Embraces the Sun afterall. He was offered to play the role of "Heo Yeom" who is the main female character Heo Yeonwoo (a.k.a Wol (Moon))'s older brother. Kim will be focusing on his music album launch in Japan instead.

It's too bad I kinda thought he was good casting for the role since he kinda looks like Han Ga In with the big eyes. The role of "Heo Yeom" is up in the air now. I hope they find someone who is hot as hell. lol. It shouldn't be as hard as casting the females. There are a lot of great looking very skilled male actors in the mid-20s in Korea right now. (and a shortage of actresses in the same age group).

aja aja!

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

I saw Han Ga In in Bad Guy and she's a good actress too. we hope for a sizzling chemistry with the two male role, KIM SOO HYUN and JUNG IL WOO.  blush.gif

This will be a first time to see her in a sageuk drama. Im anticipating for a different wave of her acting, and the looks? She got a baby face look. 2 years isnt bad. me thinks.

From my readings, The Sun and the Moon (I based the international title in Hancinema)  is a folktale in Korea.  So looking forward for its adaptation in a drama..

388394_152232998216106_152170751555664_182398_445635737_n.jpg

no stills yet, but Im excited for their period drama costumes w00t.gif

380846_152188368220569_152170751555664_182301_338694140_n.jpg