Soompi Open Battle

Admin

Come Join!Like the title says this is an open battle that anyone can join. It is just like the other battles you see here on Soompi but without specific members participating. I started an open battle at another forum a long time ago and many people were interested in it so I'm hoping that this will be just as successful here as it was there.

Rules
01. Keep the graphic size the same (680x510)
02. Make sure something from the previous round is visible in yours.
03. A list will be kept for all members wanting to participate. It is your job to come back to see if it is your turn. If a member doesn't post their round within 3 days they will be automatically be skipped and the next member on the list will go.
04. You must have fun participating (yes, I'm making this a rule. =P)

Participation List:

&endeavor. | round 01
ob1.png

fabrications. | round 02
openbattle-1.png

Yoyo | round 03
29tru9.jpg

symphonee. | round 04
openbattler04.png

Aziraphale | round 05
obr5.png

lovewls | round 06
opr06.jpg

Jaeho | round 07
round8b.jpg

&endeavor | 08
round8-1.png

Yoyo | round 09
NkbIX.png

Aziraphale | round 10
obr11.png

symphonee. | round 11
ob11soompi.png

kpopchild | round 12
2evsy6b.png

Pseudonym | round 13
13.png

lovewls | round 14
lovewlsob14.jpg

Pseudonym | round 15
xxxxx.png

Aziraphale | round 16
obr16.png

unguidedinnocence | round 17
openbattleiu.png

symphonee. | round 18obr18.png
Pseudonym | round 192mr9kcj.jpg
love.diary | round 20jjae_zps7674007d.jpg
Aziraphale | round 21obr21b.png
symphonee. | round 22ob22soompi.png
love.diary | round 23diving23.jpg
treee | round 24775o.png
kpopchild | round 25etbrbd.png
fabrications. | round 26tumblr_md5plaYCZk1ql3w6zo1_1280.jpg
Aziraphale | round 27
obr27.png

love.diary | round 28firstsld.jpg

unguidedinnocence | round 29openbattlekris.png

dreamskye. | round 30rjegdk.jpg

kpopchild | round 3134ysnt4.png

Aziraphale | round 32352hn68.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tearsnever_drop27433

Yep, this is what I need! Can I join a few days later though? Spring break is about to be over and I procrastinated over the break.... typical...

beautiful graphic by the way ;)

Guest symphonee.

Mal! Oh Open Battles can be so fun. Glad you started this babe. Loving the simplicity of your graphic and how it sort of looks like a painting. This may pick things up in the artwork section a bit ^_^

I'm sorry, I had a major brain poopy so that's why I took quite a while. -_-

openbattle-1.png

&endeavor., I really like your piece. There's something really eerie about it, and I love that. icon12.gif I felt like it would be nice to turn that piece into a horror piece but I couldn't do it. I totally failed, so I ended up with this instead. XD

So I'm assuming the point of this is to get this place to become more active and lively again, right? It might work, considering Yoyo PMed me (but only about this thread) hehe blush.gif. I think it'd be nice to get to know you guys. :D My name is Anna; some may call me Rina. My favorite part of making a graphic is coloring. :lol: I'm 18 and currently in college. I should be getting some sleep right now for class tomorrow, but then again, what normal college student gets enough sleep? XD

My favorite music usually consists of a variety of rock and I'm deeply in love with Mika Nakashima HAHA...and I know this forum consists of big kpop fans, but I'm not really a huge fan myself. I do like F.T. Island, Younha, Ji Sun, and some indie kmusic though. :D

and uhhh...okay I'll stop rambling now. XD

I can't way to see everyone else's work! ^_^

Guest Thuthiiii

hiiiiiii...this is my first tym and i wanna join..so am i supposed to use the art work at the top and make soething of it??

Mal! Your round is gorgeous. I love the whole painting effect.

No need to apologize, the thread was just opened today so you've worked fairly quick. Sorry if it seemed like I rushed you. Yeah, we're trying to keep this place a little bit more active since it's so dead so an open battle would've done the trick! I really like what you've done with the first round the whole snow globe idea was great. Hi Anna, I'm Linda! It's really nice of you to join in while you have a class tomorrow! I hope you continue with the rounds later on as well.

Hey, welcome to Soompi. It's actually my turn after fabrications. round but yes all you have to do is have something in the graphic before in your own graphic. Just like the second round you can see that the user used the first round's image in the snow globe and then afterwards I used the snow globe in mine. ^^ I hope you understood what I tried to explain lololol!

So here's my round.... Sorry, I'm super rusty and yes, it looks rather plain -___-

29tru9.jpg

credits to aaskie@da & yunhe@LJ

Guest symphonee.

I hope no one minds that I went next? It's been ages since I did any form of graphic "battling" and I used to always hate tennis battles the most. I'm more of a freestyle artist and always have trouble using other people's elements in my work. Also, this canvas is totally too small Mal. I'm only used to working on huge canvas sizes woman, lol!

openbattler04.png

c; TBE (texture)

Yes you can Jun! I added you to the list so even if you want to back out...you can't now. :P

LOL well I managed to produce a round. Mal, you should add your name to the list of participants, otherwise it wouldn't match the round count.

Like Kelli, I'm rusty after not having PSed for a long time, so yeah, didn't do justice to the hotness that is Miu Kiu Wai.

obr5.png

Credits: feel resources, living color

Your round is gorgeous and Wonbin is just so beautiful! I thought people would have trouble adding in my round into theirs but you did such a lovely job. I do agree of not liking tennis battles because it get's hard to add in other peoples around into yours but this one is quite fun and I'm so glad you've joined!

I think it looks great! I don't know why you were telling me earlier about being rusty and whatnot. Is that Shin Se Kyung on the right too?

By the way, I just want to say that you can re-join again and again and again! There's so limit to how many times you can join. You can even go right after yours if you want. :lol:

Hahas, yeah it's Shin Se Kyung as well. I was trying to go with the whole two faces thing but it didn't work at all. LOL, and Mal, you have no idea how long I stressed over that graphic -_- I was having such a hard time on how to use the previous battle. When are you going next? :P

Ow ok thnx for explaining..I hav one more question sorry..umm so hw doi knw wen is my turn?

No problem. You can just go right after Aziraphale if you want.

I haven't been making graphics for awhile so I'd like to join please! Thanks for starting this thread! All the entries are beautiful.

Yes! Please join! It'd be so much more fun with more Soompiers!

Like Kelli, I'm rusty after not having PSed for a long time, so yeah, didn't do justice to the hotness that is Miu Kiu Wai.

That is totally not rusty! I always thought his name was Michael Miu and I should really start getting used to his Chinese name as well. You did him justice but it's incredible how you're able to work with his limited pictures. I wanted to do a TVB artist as well but it was so hard to find super gorgeous pictures -__- Hope you continue to join!

nice rounds so far, everyone. i'm loving the energy this thread. B)

I think Mai should join too :D

Guest dodici

go people go! i really love kelli's round. total sucker for the dark, golden colors!!! and what jun left in her round is awesome. love the colors!

Archived