Help! Is my Missha BB Cream real ?

Guest ohso~karen

Guest ohso~karen

I bought Missha BB Cream from ebay and it arrived, but ..
I bought Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream on Ebay from here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200606802220

from the seller 3wstore2011

However, I'm very skeptical about the authenticity because the box of the BB cream spells cream: crearn, and tone: lone

There are a lot of mispellings on the box .. can anyone tell me what the box on their real BB cream says?

Missha_M_Perfect_Cover_BB_Cream_21_Light_Beige__18899_zoom.jpg

But the weird thing is, on the actual BB Cream tube, everything is spelled correctly and it looks authentic and everything.

Help? ):

Guest ohso~karen

Can you post picture of the tube you got ? close up pics of the typos ?

This is frustrating but my camera's really bad, so for some reason all the words come out blurry.

On the box it says: MISSHA M perfeect Cover B.B Cream offers a novel skincare concept with BB crearn, which lightens skin lone by healing visible wrinkles and blemishes with excellent skin-cover abihty, and preyents skin aging through effeciye whitening and anti-wrinle properties.

The BB Cream tube says:

MISSHA M Perfect Cover B.B Cream offers a novel skincare concept with B.B cream, which lightens skin tone by healing visible wrinkles and blemishes with excellent skin-cover ability, and prevents skin aging through effective whitening and anti-wrinkle properties.

Guest baehyun

yikes! if there misspellings its probably fake! just a general ebay safety tip: avoid Chinese sellers that sell anything name brand! Not all Chinese sellers are frauds but its better to be safe than sorry. Try rubyruby76, shes a verified Korean seller. I've personally bought from her and its legit.

Guest hydraskylar

Okay thanks guys! I guess I'm throwing this out :tears:

contact the seller and ask for a full/partial refund. Take this up to eBay Resolution center. If that seller sells fake brand name products, you can open a case, if not for yourself, at least as a warning for other potential buyers.

Guest Okashichan

I checked the box of the Missha perfect cover BB that I bought at misshaus.com and everything is spelled correct. This is a sign that your BB cream is fake.

Also, I checked the listing from the seller you bought the BB cream from and the bottle from the picture is from the 50ml size and they are selling it as the 20ml travel size, so, if you got the 20ml with that exact bottle from the picture there is no doubt it's a fake.

I recommend you buying from misshaus.com or eBay sellers from korea, for example, skinfood2you or rubyruby76 (a cheaper and genuine alternative to buy BB cream).

Guest Saerilee

I'd just like to note that if something is misspelled, it doesn't always mean the product is fake. Let's face it, even the most legit Asian company may not have perfect spellcheckers. However, it's a pretty big warning sign, and it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

I would definitely try to contact the seller and if nothing works, try to eBay resolution center. I'm not sure if selling counterfeits is actually against their ToS (although it is against the law), but at the very least, you could say that the seller lied about the product (i.e. it was advertised as real but turned out to be fake).

Guest serendipitous.elephant

I'd just like to note that if something is misspelled, it doesn't always mean the product is fake. Let's face it, even the most legit Asian company may not have perfect spellcheckers. However, it's a pretty big warning sign, and it's definitely better to be safe than sorry.

I would definitely try to contact the seller and if nothing works, try to eBay resolution center. I'm not sure if selling counterfeits is actually against their ToS (although it is against the law), but at the very least, you could say that the seller lied about the product (i.e. it was advertised as real but turned out to be fake).

Well in this case the misspellings are a sign of a counterfeit item because on the genuine product, everything is spelled correctly.

Just thought I'd point that out :)

Guest baehyun

I don't think I've seen a korean makeup product with misspelled words(not to say that they're all used correctly).... well besides beblesh but thats a copyright loophole lol

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. My friend bought me a Missha BB Cream No. 23 (50 ml) - and I realize after months that there are spelling errors - and 2 weeks ago I bought the same product at 20 ml. The difference between them ? 50 ml one is lighter and the 20 ml one is darker. So I asked "my" seller why they are different and he told me that their product is authentic. So today I check the product and the box of them and the one bought 2 weeks ago is fine - no misspelling and the other one has the same mistake as yours (lone and crearn). Even the color of the box is a little different. So... is that fake or ... Help me >.<

Oh. BTW: the one bought by me was from Korea ^^ the other one ... I don't know...

Guest ticklemepinkz

how does your product dispense? It should come out with an even flow... and how is the coverage when you apply it. it should be of even coverage. You can tell whether its a fake or not from these and various things. Typos are a red flag too.

uhm. its hard to tell whether it is real or not... i couldnt find any websites or youtube videos that will help you determine the authenticity of the product. sorry.. :(  as for ebay's policies. I know for a fact that sellers cannot sell fakes on ebay. Here's their policy on fakes.

If an item has a company's name or logo on it, but it wasn't made or endorsed by the company, it's not allowed on eBay.

If you see an item and think it's counterfeit, you can report it.

If you bought an item that doesn't match the seller's description, you can open a case in our Resolution Center.

matched being that it's not real... you are paying for the real thing and not a knockoff. and since the seller did not say it was fake.... it doesn't match the seller's description.

So, I definitely suggest you opening up a case, even if you cant use, you can definitely try to get a full refund and that seller will probably get a warning or at least fined.

Guest icee_queen

I don't think your product is legit. I bought a 50ML from another e-bay seller and I know its legit because I;ve been using bb cream for a few years now.

If you haven't used it before, what does the bb cream smell like. The real one kind of smells like flowers and it should be really smooth to put on.

You could try e-mailing Missha USA with the batch code (found on the top of the tube) and find out if its legit.

Also, look at the manufacture date (found on the box), usually BB creams can be kept for 1-2 years if unopened.

Guest scrump92

yea I think thats fake...I used Missha I bought from offical store in Korea, and there were no spelling errors. I really doubt there would be spelling errors so obvious on a real product. And Missha's a pretty established, big brand name in Korea they definately wouldn't have spelling errors of that degree. Anyways yes, go message the seller ask for FULL refund, don't back down! If the seller says no you can take it up with ebay and they will help you get your refund! 

Archived