What kinds of makeup should you bring on a airplane?

Guest XPcindayy

Guest XPcindayy
^.^
I'm going to florida soon and i was wondering what kind of makeup should you bring or what makeup are you allowed to bring on the plane??

Guest saintdaifuku

powder makeup is a good place to start. you could pick up cosmetics @ the duty-free too, i'm sure they'll have travel-size lipglosses and what not =]

Guest tinatran_

if you're planning to stay awake the WHOLE flight, i think you should bring eyeliner and a bit of eyeshadow cause you might look really tired after you step off the plane.

Guest Angel1430267648

Don't bring big sized liquid foundation bottles, they might confiscate that. Bring what you only need to touch up, like eyeliner, lipgloss, and powder if you get oily. Simple things like that.

Guest -TiaraDoll-

I had the same issue 2 months before because I was flying to Texas from Cali.

I brought my whole make up bag since they were all under 3oz :D but I put the liquids in a small zip lock back and just put it in my carry on. Any liquid 3oz and under is allowed as long you put it in a ziplock bag.

My experience:

When my carry-on bag went through the scanner, they open my bag to see it. They said I can carry it as long they make sure it is my makeup as I claim it to be and let me go.

When I flew back to Cali, the airline at Texas didn't double check like Cali's and just let me go without double checking. So it depends on the airline? :S

In case u asked, I had bbcream, tint moisterizer, vitamin c serum, sunscreen, face/eye primer, mascara, etc.

I forgot the rest.

Oh yeah remember to wear easy removable shoes because u have to when you go pass through that metal detector.

Guest mythairefyry

Am I allowed to have my liquid foundation in my carry-on bag? I'm using the MUFE HD foundation..which has the same bottle as revlon color stay.

Also, am I allowed to carry a tube of tinted moisturizer with me?

Am I allowed to have my liquid foundation in my carry-on bag? I'm using the MUFE HD foundation..which has the same bottle as revlon color stay.

Also, am I allowed to carry a tube of tinted moisturizer with me?

311_header.jpg

taken from the TSA website :lol:

Here's the link too, you should be fine if you stick to their guidelines:

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

Personally I have violated that basically every time I fly :blink: (I almost always mess up and have something over 3 oz, or more than one bag). Somehow I've never gotten stopped, but I definitely don't recommend it! It always hits me too late and then I'm like "Crap :vicx: don't throw out my stuff!"

To OP, I second the eyeliner thing! Somehow, whenever I fly, all of my eyeliner disappears. I purposely try not to rub my eyes or anything but it still vanishes.

If you want to take something that violates the 3-1-1 rule, put it in checked luggage.  You can basically put anything in checked luggage.

I agree, if you're not sure or your make-up is over 3 ounces then just put it in your checked luggage. Just put the things you need to touch-up in your carry-on.

Guest Envious-Sleep

Just follow the 3-1-1 rule, 'cause otherwise they'd confiscate it. If you're just getting off the plane and then heading to a hotel, then I don't think you should bother carrying make-up onto the plane, anyway. If it's a long flight (don't know where yer flying from), then everyone would look tired anyway, so it's not like they'd care. But if you must, then I'd just suggest stuff like concealer or eyeshadow--just enough for you to look "decent", or however.

Guest cutieheartzbadboy

yea like powder, lipgloss, or etc. Personally I dont let someone see me when Im off to the airport, cause i dont wear anything

but by the time i have arrived, my face is fully touched up

basically i bring:

bb cream (should be placed in a required container, and its got moisturizing properties too! i suggest buying bb creams that are over moisturizing because your skin gets really dry on the plane)

and whatever you want.... but

only bring in your checked in luggage what you need. obviously you dont need an 88 palette in the airplane!

Guest pockii

I`ve got a question as well...

I`m going for a vacation and i`m taking the JAL Airlines..

I`ve got questions about my makeup...

I`m planning to bring all of it since I`m staying for vacation for a while...

--

Maybelline NY Superstay 24hr (30ml)

Mascara

Eyeliner (the cap is sort of metal?tin?)

Eyeshadow

Curler ****I heard that if you have a metal curler it could get confiscated..? Michelle Phan`s curler got confiscated LOL

Luckily mine is the mini plastic one I got from this Japanese store... works well actually :P

Blush & some brushes

Do you guys think this`ll be alright??

Guest inspired04

^

^I always bring my Shu Uemura curler and it's been fine.

You might want to bring a facial mist if you have dry skin because it gets pretty dry in the plane due to the high altitude. Just make sure it's under 3 oz/100 ml like others have said! :]

Guest comicboyz4eva

I'm usually on 14 hour flights..having make up on makes me feel really gross, so I don't wear any. and usually no one is looking anyway XD

but i want to bring toner or something at least to make my face feel more refreshed in that contained space for 14 hours.

Facial mist in a small size so it meets TSA regulations

Evian makes one in a mini size

Be sure to tap the moisture in with a makeup sponge so your skin will stay moist

Guest lawis_pocket

From my expirence flying from colombia-germnay, germany-colombia, germany-newwark-colombia, and soon back germany...

I've got once my handcream bottle confiscated because of the size. We us ml so I use that.

Liquid are suposdely limited but I do tend to bring alot on my handbag but just make sure they are under 100ml, not like you bought a 150-200ml handcream/mosturizer and just because you've use it, it should be less than 100ml.. it's the bottle size what they care so your face soup, mosturizer, toner etc chould be in small bottles. I use clinique 3 steps and they sell the travel kit so it's really cool, the soup is the biggest problem if you've already used it all cuz you can't re-fill it -_- but for that long flight I end up just using my Olive oil homemade mix cleanser XD

So what you can take summarizing

1. Make-up basically all you need, if any of it is liiquid the bottle should be smaller than 100ml

2. Liquid less than 100ml and all of them in a clear/transparent ziplock bag

Make-up best is to take what you're good at making in ten mins. I carry a mineral powder foundation, mineral liquid Concealer, a small set of sorta light earthy shadows, borwn eyeliner (it's the best for natural look) blush, mascara and lipbalm.

Hope that helps ^^

Guest redscooter

I always bring my bb cream. If it's going to be a long flight, I would also bring a moisturizing face mist and lip gloss.

Guest cowsgomoo7225

I`ve got a question as well...

I`m going for a vacation and i`m taking the JAL Airlines..

I`ve got questions about my makeup...

I`m planning to bring all of it since I`m staying for vacation for a while...

--

Maybelline NY Superstay 24hr (30ml)

Mascara

Eyeliner (the cap is sort of metal?tin?)

Eyeshadow

Curler ****I heard that if you have a metal curler it could get confiscated..? Michelle Phan`s curler got confiscated LOL

Luckily mine is the mini plastic one I got from this Japanese store... works well actually :P

Blush & some brushes

Do you guys think this`ll be alright??

I've brought all of these on the plane with me through many airports and never had a problem with any confiscation.

Pretty much all liquid foundations are 1 oz. and can be brought in a carry-on luggage as long as it's in a clear quart size bag

Archived