Shorts and leggings.

Guest CriticalHit

Guest CriticalHit

YES OR NO?
I tried looking this up on the internet, but there doesn't seem to be much say on it.

Here's some picture reference:

D405960_x1.jpg

tumblr_kysqxio0aQ1qb6apoo1_500.jpg

228058_lookbook36.jpg

aliceandolivia.jpg

img_8490.jpg

h-m-sweater-forever-21-shorts-tna-leggings-h-m-scarf-guess-boots.jpg

I've heard all kinds of opinions on it:

NEVER wear shorts and leggings, unless you want to look like you came out of the 80s.

Shorts with leggings are really cute!

If you're going to wear leggings underneath your shorts, make sure your shorts aren't the perfect-fit type. And don't wear them with denim shorts.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peppermintsugar

Not a fan. It's very "in" right now in Gal fashion, but I don't care for it, personally. When I wear shorts, I like showing off my legs, at least to me, I just wonder why you wouldn't just wear pants.

Guest xNAT

i'm preeeeetty sure there was a thread like this before, but yeah, it's very 'in' at the moment. well. where i am anyways. i wear it sometimes, but not with those opaque black ones (you know, the one you shouldn't wear without a shirt covering your richard simmons). i wear it with stockings or something. it's actually really really warm o_o but does absolutely zilch against wind.

i dunno, i'd only wear them on non-windy days, otherwise stick with jeans or something.

Guest lunastelle

ehhh..idk sometimes i think it's cute, but then like peppermintsugar said, why wouldn't you just wear pants o.o;

Guest Hazy

I'm pretty meh about it too..

But I think it looks okay if you have relatively skinny/average legs.

If you don't, then I think it looks really unflattering =x

Guest 0oyokisuo0

nice stockings, yes. leggings, no. also, blue jeans with dark unsheer leggings/stockings is no (like the last two pictures).

Guest sweetxxsoul

i like it, it's cute (:

and they wear it instead of pants probs for the style not for the warmth

Guest X u e

Meh, I like it. I wear this style all the time when I feel concious about my legs or when I'm too lazy to shave. Also the black tights/leggings help my legs look slimmer ^^

Guest MunYurika

I only like the second pic, wearing something like that you can own it. But never tight shorts+leggings or denim shorts+leggings. =/ The shorts needs to be flowy?

Guest x byul satang

tights - yes. leggings - no.

it also depends on what type of tights... plain solid colored or subtle design is nice, but def NOT the kinds that are ripped, embellished, etc. it can look pretty trashy if you wear shorts with those types of leggings.

Guest xiaohui ♥

Tights, yes. Leggings, no. I saw a lot of girls wearing loose denim shorts with sheer black tights in Shanghai, and I think it looked good :3

Guest x kisekiboshi

It depends what you pair it with. I think the fourth example is a perfect way to pair it. And definitely stockings/tights would look a lot better.

Shorts + leggings + ugg boots = :vicx:

Guest meilove

it looks cute sometimes, but i hate wearing leggings for some reason and if i'm wearing shorts it's cuz i'm hot so i'd be uncomfortable and i prob. can't pull it off haha but it looks cute on certain ppl!

Guest meiming8_1

I just wrote a really long reply to this and it got deleted...so annoying!

Anyway, I <3 shorts and leggings! It's my outfit in the winter. In the UK pretty much everyone wears shorts and leggings, or tights and leggings, so I'm used to it. I think the best pairing is tights+denim shorts or leggings+black shorts because visually it doesn't cut your leg up as much. I think you should have fairly good legs to wear this as well, because it can be unflattering but people wear it anyway because it's convenient. I'd post a pic of myself wearing this but soompi isn't letting me...grr!

Archived