Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz

Guest Fabiola

Guest Fabiola

un niño
Javier Bardem reduces Penelope Cruz to tears with romantic declaration of love

24 MAY 2010

bardem1--a.jpg

"I share this joy with my friend, my companion, my love: Penelope: I owe you a lot and I love you so much." This is how Javier Bardem opened his heart to the whole world to shout his love for Penelope Cruz.

The Spanish Oscar winner made the touching dedication at Cannes Film Festival, as he accepted his best actor trophy - an award shared with Italian actor Elio Hermano.

It was the first time such a public display of affection has been forthcoming from the actor - who is fiercely protective of his private life. Neither he, nor Penelope have ever spoken about their romance, which they began in 2007.

Full of happiness after being recognised for his performance in Biutiful, Javier declared his love on stage without taking his eyes away from Penelope for a moment.

She looked as surprised as the rest of the audience - giving her boyfriend a tender smile while her eyes filled up with tears.

The No Country For Old Men actor finished his speech by blowing a kiss to his sweetheart, a gesture which she returned.

The Oscar-winning actress chose a beautiful Elie Saab gown for the occasion. And though she steered clear of the red carpet to make sure the attention for focused clearly on her boyfriend, she found herself the centre of attention as Javier made his speech.

In the last few months Javier and Penelope have been taking their love into the limelight with appearances at the Goyas - where they went public with their relationship the Oscars, and now at Cannes.

The big winner at the closing ceremony was mystical Thai film Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, which scooped the festival's top prize, the Palme d'Or.

Meanwhile French actress Juliette Binoche won best actress for her role in romantic drama Copie Conforme (Certified Copy).

bardem2--a.jpg

bardem3--a.jpg

article-1280667-09B879EA000005DC-65_634x633.jpg

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/201005243575/javier-bardem/penelope-cruz/cannes-love/1/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Atmosphere.

Wow!!!!!!! So unexpected! Since 2007 wooooooooooooooooooo!

Isn't he the guy who was in Watchmen and Supernatural tv show series? O_O

And awww that was so sweet of him!!!!!! I don't think Angelina Jolie or Brad Pitt ever said anything about each other when they won something XP

Guest biscuit.

^no that's salma hayek

it's not LVMH but Pinault something

weren't they together on the set of Vicky Cristina Barcelona?

Guest PowChikaPowWow

^no that's salma hayek

wasn't they together on the set of Vicky Cristina Barcelona?

yes they were

and THIS IS SUPER CUTE!!! it made me go " AWWWWWWWWWWWW" . which doesnt happen often. :D

Guest itrayya

i think he is sexy.

he was so scary in No Country For Old Men.

great actor indeed.

now, if only someone like that would declare their love for me. haha.

Guest bubblepeach

now, if only someone like that would declare their love for me. haha.

haha me too. if only i could find a sweet and romantic guy like that :P

anyway, he's such a sweet guy. didn't know they've been going out for quite some time. such a hot couple :)

Guest MizzprEEETy

They are one sexy couple=] I hope they get marry soon=]

AWWW so sweet of him...a guy who can show the world his appreciation to his woman, is a man who worth it all=]

• 1 month later...
Guest Fabiola

Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem tie the knot

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

20100718100753221.gif

LOS ANGELESOscar-winning Spanish film stars Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem wed earlier this month at an intimate ceremony in the Bahamas, the actress' publicist told AFP Wednesday.

The couple "were married in the beginning of July at a friend's house in the Bahamas. It was a small ceremony with just family members. Penelope wore a dress designed by her longtime friend John Galliano," Amanda Silverman said.

Cruz, 36, and Bardem, 41, met when they starred opposite each other as lusty teens in Bigas Luna's film "Jamon, Jamon," back in 1992.

In 2008 they were back together on the silver screen in Woody Allen's "Vicky Cristina Barcelona", for which Cruz won an Academy Award as best supporting actress.

Bardem, nominated for an Oscar in "Before Night Falls" (2000), won an Academy Award in 2007 for his role in "No Country for Old Men."

Though the couple have kept their romance quiet for years, Bardem got personal when he won a best actor award at Cannes in May for his work in "Biutiful" by Mexican director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.

"I share the joy of this prize with my friend, my companion, my love, Penelope Cruz," Bardem said at the time. "I owe you so much, and I love you very much," Bardem said, drawing tears from Cruz, a longtime muse of Spanish director Pedro Almodovar.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gw7LDJQVyM8hO5iADdMKeUC2-UYg

28w2tk0.jpg

penelope-lakersgame--a.jpg

penelope-cruz--z.jpg

pen61.jpg_e_d170aed6267f380cc9c39677ce73a5e8.jpg

pen72.jpg_e_e16039f43d322e1bcb3fe8e3a2b29c2f.jpgpen91.jpg_e_e16039f43d322e1bcb3fe8e3a2b29c2f.jpg

penelope-brazil-holiday--a.jpg

penelopevac1.jpg

penelope-cruz-and-javier-bardem-support-spain.jpg

Archived