Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skype Official Thread

Replies

• ImboredthatsnotfunImboredthatsnotfun Posts: 1,611Member
    Love skype! Great video and sound quality.

BUT... I have a skype problem.
    Alot of times when I talk to someone on skype, their voice seems to go 'roboty' and fuzzy, and repeats itself.
    When this happens to me, the other person can hear me fine.
    Does anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying, and I want to know how to fix it.

Something I'd like to know...

QUESTION: do you pronounce skype "sky-puh" or "sky-pee"?
  • CCxLemonCCxLemon Posts: 44Member
    id: zkpd813
    i get bored sometimes...
  • simplicity90simplicity90 CAPosts: 1,525Member
    i use skype to talk with my friend in new york. i love skyping.
    keep on wishing and dreaming.
  • controcontro New JerseyPosts: 390Member

ROOKIE

My skype id is : duplicatedecoy
    I can talk about some interesting topics. Politics, computers, etc . Feel free to hit me up you wont be disappointed with the conversation I can provide.... I promise.
    No matter who it was that caused the problems in your life, it is ultimately going to be you who has to fix them. Might as well start now.

• 리요의오네찬리요의오네찬 넌 내꺼 <3 잃었다Posts: 306Member
    i'm using:

Skype when chatting with my mother and for work

MSN for my subbing teammates

YM mostly for my batchmates, former officemates and relatives
    ♥ Teen Top.. & a whole lot more
    hates: overrated artists >_<
  • missdevotionalmissdevotional London, UKPosts: 3,251Member

ROOKIE

I use skype for people overseas usually image
    dont really skype people i see on a daily basis unless its a group voicechat
    just more efficient than msn videocall or whatever image

not many people i know have it though.
    skype is fun ^^
  • damyoungjidamyoungji Toronto, CanadaPosts: 4,238Member

IDOL

I just downloaded it again haha

I don't know a lot of people who use it though!
  • JaehoJaeho KoreaPosts: 5,316Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (Imboredthatsnotfun @ Oct 4 2009, 12:02 PM) »
    Love skype! Great video and sound quality.

BUT... I have a skype problem.
    Alot of times when I talk to someone on skype, their voice seems to go 'roboty' and fuzzy, and repeats itself.
    When this happens to me, the other person can hear me fine.
    Does anyone else have this problem? It's really annoying, and I want to know how to fix it.

Something I'd like to know...

QUESTION: do you pronounce skype "sky-puh" or "sky-pee"?

Isn't it Sky with a p at the end? o.o

My voice lags for some reason. It's pretty annoying... prolly the crappy college internet.
  • Love_Love_ HawaiiPosts: 38Member
    i use skype a lot! the sound quality is awesome and the calls don't drop as frequently as it does on msn (well, for me at least). i use it because i some friends across the country so it's easier to talk to them on that. image
  • yunnie486yunnie486 Posts: 17Member
    katyana.erasmo

teehee (: add me
  • hentaigirl82hentaigirl82 Charlotte NCPosts: 4Member
    My skpe name is the same as my user name. I only used it one time but it seems like it can be fun.
  • InfiniteTimeInfiniteTime sue me. San FranciscoPosts: 2,971Member

IDOL

I read on the news that in China if you were to use Skpe here to talk to your friends videos are leaked out or something? Is this true? I'm currently studying here and I use it to chat with friends but when I read this news I wasn't so sure if I want to use it anymore. So I was wondering anyone else heard about this?
  • jaekajaeka y u m e ! Posts: 2,142Member
    ID: omgitsjade1

wow, didn't know there was a skype thread. :D I use it like, daily, but I'm usually talking to japanese friends lol. conversations tend to be 100% Japanese with tidbits of English if I don't understand them, lol. Ofc, if anyone wants to chat, lemme know. :D

I pronounce skype as "skaip" XD
  • myucchmyucch ItalyPosts: 197Member
    i used to be addicted but not anymore..
    there are few people that use it :/
    anyway mine is miyucchina ^^
    Let Me Be Cute ヾ(・ε・。) ♥
    411☜
  • x kisekiboshix kisekiboshi gingham Posts: 1,502Member
    i don't like how skype doesn't allow for 3+ people in a video chat. :/ but the sound quality is definitely awesome.

i also run into problems that my video looks choppy (to me), but the video quality of my friends isn't choppy at all.
  • Aiyla.-Aiyla.- Posts: 54Member
    I have skype too, use it everyday..Its great! and its free!!!!! YayY!
    Its twirling all around,
    with a toeff of Sweet!
    ....Its pudding!!
  • pepsi_twist9pepsi_twist9 Posts: 584Member

ROOKIE

I heard there were legal issues with Skype: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/biz-tech/...90731-e3qe.html
    I don't think this issue has been solved yet, especially since it was only issued at the end of July this year, but there's a battle for the licensing used in Skype. They say if Skype loses a similar program will come out. No news on how this is, unless if people know.
  • peaceepeacee Posts: 562Member
    edited December 2009
    just made a skype account the other day. if anyone wants to add me its
    ID:kim-talkplaylovepromise
  • CantabileCantabile FloridaPosts: 301Member
    Skype ID: epiklycara

I try to use it as much as possible. I just moved from San Diego to Florida and a lot of my friends have Skype so that's how I keep in touch with them. I spent Christmas Eve on Skype talking to my family in California as well. <3 I also use it to talk to my Dad who's in the Philippines.

But yeah I don't like how you cant video conference 3+ people... And I don't know if Skype allows for the option of having the window stay always on top so its always a problem for me, but other than that I love it!

If anyone wants to talk, you can go ahead and add me. :]

♏у нєαят ιѕ ℓσѕт.
  • yumikinsyumikins Posts: 64Member
    my Skype is yoo.mi.x

I used to use it more often until people were like..LETS CAM! at random times of the night. I talk on skype, not cam. ): So if anyone feels like TALKING, you can add me (: don't yell GET ON CAM at me though. xP
    ♥--you're always on my mind.
    fb (: