Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To Find A Silent Possibly Dead Cell Phone

im going crazy looking for it
=/ i put my cell phone on silent and i've spent 2 days searching for it. is there any ways to find it withuot having to buy a new one or re-tracing my steps? i honestly retraced all the steps i could possibly take

Replies

• xLostLoLxxLostLoLx SingaporePosts: 504Member
    it's really difficult to find a cellphone that is put on silent...
    if you left it at home, just search it more detail,
    maybe it get stuck on the bed frame or something cover it, so you didn't find it
    동방신기 ★ 슈퍼주니어 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 샤이니 ★ f(x) ★ 빅뱅 ★ 2PM ★ 2AM ★ MBLAQ ★ CN BLUE ★ BEAST ★ BEG ★ Secret ★ SISTAR ★ miss A
    what is your HEART beating for?
  • convictconvict Posts: 9Member
    this will sound stupid but it should work, you know how if you leave your phone beside your computer, someone calls you and you get that feedback noise through the speakers? if you have a laptop WITH portable speakers (wont work on laptop speakers) phone your cell, carry around your laptop and speakers and youll hear your feedback until the call stops. this will atleast give you an idea of where it is

hope that works? and hope your cell is still alive =P
  • be_mellowbe_mellow HibernationPosts: 977Member

ROOKIE

If it's around your house, then I think there's a "low battery" beep on cell phones....so you might want to wait til then?
    Earn Cash Rewards Here
    抱著過去不放手不表示就是永遠的擁有
    最終就算你想忘記它, 亦先要有勇氣去面對它
    唯有認識死亡, 才懂得怎樣去生存
  • Tetsu69Tetsu69 That Asian Dude CanadaPosts: 355Member
    Well as long as the cellphone is in your house you should be able to find it sooner or later.
    Like the above post, I believe there is a low battery beep for all cellphones so you should be able to find out where your cellphone is
    If not...may I suggest the extreme? calling a maid?
  • linuhhparkklinuhhparkk MRS. ok taecyeon Posts: 2,349Member
    edited April 2009
    i hate it when that happens <.<
    sorry, i'm no help.
    a00468464ba3a0fe655cesk.jpg
    ★ I believe in a 7 membered 2PM. ☆
  • vietlordvietlord Erotic Rice Picker Ottawa, OntarioPosts: 174Member
    edited April 2009
    HomeDepot is having a sale on metal detectors for $10.
    If you can't find it, just get the detector and walk around and search everywhere that beeps (:
    (Which should be everywhere) D;
    pew pew
  • chopstick^^chopstick^^ Posts: 1,414Member
    edited April 2009
    Keep looking, check your bags, clothes, floor, cubboards, bed, every room!

TIDY UP YOUR ROOM.
  • High KickHigh Kick Posts: 476Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (convict @ Apr 12 2009, 04:21 PM) »
    this will sound stupid but it should work, you know how if you leave your phone beside your computer, someone calls you and you get that feedback noise through the speakers? if you have a laptop WITH portable speakers (wont work on laptop speakers) phone your cell, carry around your laptop and speakers and youll hear your feedback until the call stops. this will atleast give you an idea of where it is

this might not work if the phone is 3G, only 2.5G and older.

i don't know about your phone but the vibrate on my phone is pretty loud. maybe you can send yourself a text message and listen carefully for the noise.
    also, i found a tip that might work. if you think it might be in the house, wait until night, turn off the lights and call your phone -- maybe the light from the keys/screen will help you track it down.
  • soomyasoomya Posts: 4Member
    Like others have mentioned, carrying around a laptop and listening for the crackle noise when you call your phone could help you at least locate the room it's in.
    Also, I suggest the visual method: late at night when it is dark, call your cell and visually look for a light. Most cellphones light up like a mini-sun when you call them. Just don't trip. I have used this method many times in the car.

• meimei__KOUSEKImeimei__KOUSEKI between earth and skyPosts: 3,353Member

TRAINEE

QUOTE (High Kick @ Apr 13 2009, 06:09 AM) »
    this might not work if the phone is 3G, only 2.5G and older.

my phone is 3G and it does that. it's kinda annoying though...
    "You have your way. I have my way.
    As for the right way, the correct way,
    and the only way, it does not exist."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

• High KickHigh Kick Posts: 476Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2009
    QUOTE (tvxqslave @ Apr 13 2009, 04:15 AM) »
    my phone is 3G and it does that. it's kinda annoying though...

what phone do you have? i have two 3g phones (sony ericsson tm506 and the samsung behold) and they don't make the noise, but two of my friends have the iphone 3g and the iphone makes that noise, too. so odd. so i guess it just really depends.
    my brother (he has the same two phones i do) misses that noise haha he likes being warned of an incoming call.

to OP, any updates on the status of your phone's location?
  • missmoobearmissmoobear MeowCatts OregonPosts: 2,340Member

IDOL

QUOTE (convict @ Apr 12 2009, 02:21 PM) »

that's truee.
    everytime someone calls me, my speakers make this crazyyy sound. >__<;
    most of the shadows in our life
    are caused by standing in our own sunshine

• kishycathieekishycathiee that's what they all said Posts: 2,303Member
    I'd say wait for the Low Battery beep!