Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees

x-lyx-ly abcPosts: 106Member
?
"Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Does anyone know what that means? image

Thankyou.

Replies

• HakiriHakiri In a nutshell +.+Posts: 571Member

ROOKIE

I've never come across that before, but I could make a guess that maybe it means
    it's better to die with diginity than to live without?
    Or to die having done everything yourself, rather than living off other people (like when people beg on their knees..)
  • lvff_lvff_ it's so cute ? Posts: 1,194Member
    preserve your dignity, i guess
    still sitting on a shelf and never,
    never seen the sunshine brighter
    and it feels like me, on a good day ♪
  • kanyewongkanyewong null. Posts: 335Member
    Maybe like die a free man, then live at your knees like as in someone's servant or slave. Give me liberty or give me death?
  • SteventStevent NorcalPosts: 2,524Member

IDOL

It means it's better to be able to stand on your own two feet supporting yourself financially, than to live as a beggar.

• DezielDeziel CanadaPosts: 971Member

ROOKIE

I guess its better to die with your dignity than to beg for your life.
  • FEMBOTFEMBOT TEXASPosts: 27Member
    Yes, as all have said above. There's a song called watch me rise by have heart that explains it all.
  • xstrawberry_bearxxstrawberry_bearx Posts: 2,956Friend of Soompi
    ^ Yeah I agree. Something like to die with dignity knowing you stand up for yourself, that you live your life on your own, your way. Rather than begging and following others, being told how told how to live your life. I think image~ Something like that right?
    sixth gun blackjacks vip mon amour ♥♥♥ | icon: (c)supakawaiigurl
    Miss you, Soompi || Love&Hate; est. since forever.
  • Miss.UnderstoodMiss.Understood eternally loving you. Young Love St.Posts: 2,686Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    Die with dignity or live without it.
    one life, one love.
  • ninyaahninyaah the end USAPosts: 2,963Member

IDOL

I agree with the others. To die with dignity.
  • SillyyJennSillyyJenn Posts: 2,572Member

ROOKIE

i guess it means to die with dignity?
    g-g-g-g-baby-baby-gd-gd-baby-baby!
    MY SHOP [SELLING YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL DC DVD].
  • imtoghaiimtoghai Soompi Forums :DPosts: 1,547Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    Maybe it means it's better to live life independently, being and creating your own person, thinking for yourself, than living life trying to be like another person and depending on them to bring you up to your feet? o_o

But I'm trying to figure out why the person says to DIE on your feet/LIVE on your knees, instead of DIE on your feet/DIE on your knees...or LIVE on your feet/LIVE on your knees.
  • MarineGreenMarineGreen sure is hot here, muggy toPosts: 589Member
    QUOTE (x-ly @ Feb 5 2009, 05:14 AM) »
    "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

Does anyone know what that means? image

Thankyou.

I believe Emiliano Zapata said those words back in the day when he was chilling with Pancho Villa and fighting against the federales. It was basically a rallying call for the Mexican Revolution and he probably said it when he began to form the Liberation Army of The South.

Given the fact that Zapata was influenced greatly by an Anarchist Communist in Oaxaca, i believe it is a challenge to the people to forget about prayer and asking God for help but to take up arms get off their knees and onto their feet and fight for their rights.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us freedom of press. It is the Soldier, not the poet who has given us freedom of speech. It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate. It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,who serves beneath the flag,and who's coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
    Hooah!
  • lea11lea11 Posts: 1,435Banned
    Or if you want to take it literally, if your legs got cut off halfway, you'd rather die because now you can't walk anymore hahahaha/

One person's crazyness is another person's reality ~ Tim Burton
  • konfooshizkonfooshiz Posts: 62Member
    Honestly, easier said than done. 'nuff said.
    i'm crashing in and out of touch ; can anyone explain?