Perming Your Hair Straight

Guest swtkitti_9

Guest swtkitti_9
Should I Get it Done?
Okay so I have seen a lot of asain people who have got permed straight hair or watever u call it. My two aunts also got it done before however, one of my aunt's hair got really damaged as a result while the other aunt's hair looks perfectly healthy. So I was wondering if anybody here has gotton it done like that before at an asain salon and how their hair turned out afterwards cause I was thinking about doing it for my hair. So please share your experiences.

Guest music lover

hey so the first time i got my hair chemically straightened was last summer of 2007 in vietnam and it was soo cheap like 10-20 dollars, it lasted about 6 months to a year and it was awsome because i have realy curly hair naturally. i got my hair straightened again this year about last week or so in southern california and got it for cheap 70 dollars where its usually 100-200. i would recommned you getting it chemically straightened because its so much more easier to manage your hair since you don't have to wake up early or spend so much time trying to straighten it out. answering your quesions yes your hair gets a chance of being damaged but from my experience its only the ends that get damaged so usually after getting your hair straightened, you get a trim to cut all those split ends. if you want your hair pinstraight then i would recommend having the magic perm or get the volume straightening if you want your hair to be straight but remain fluffy with volume.

Guest ii_christie

I did the Japanese straightening perm ($120) two years ago. In the beginning it looked sleek and gorgeous but after a year or so, the perm began to fade. Overall I think the perm was well worth it until my hair started to break easily and had more split ends. I didn't re-perm my hair afterwards, I just straighten my hair every morning now. I think getting the perm and straightening your own hair is almost the same thing, since they are both damaging. But in the long run, if you want your hair to be straight all the time, the perm is a better choice I believe.

Guest qkrcjdfla

I've done magic perm once a year for seven years so far and my hair isn't damaged :)

and the perm lasts until it grows out which is really nice. I love it!

Guest dddysprecious

I had my hair permed about 14 months ago, but of course it grew out already. I loved my hair! It was so straight and soft - even better than before. I'm planning to go get it straightened again for the third time sometime soon.

Guest vindemi

Agree with what everyone says. I last got it done in the beginning of this year.

But if the hair grows out, it looks weird and you still have to donate time to blow dry and or straighten your hair every time you shower =/

It depends on how curly your hair is though.

Mine is wavy so its not that bad.

I used to perm my hair every time I went to Vietnam..

I've gotten 2 perms there

came out really nice the 1st time

2nd time it was kinda okay... until when I was going back home I found out that the bottom of my hair was REALLY dry and burnt.. so I don't know what happened :\

I might end up perming my hair again soon (:

the stuff they use SMELL BAD. and it's ugh.. make sure u got a mini fan with you haha.

I got my hair permed in a nice salon in China (because I was getting a bob and they were like, "Oh, your hair's not straight! It has waves!") but after a while, my hair got really damaged. I've cut almost all of it off by now, but I really didn't like the perm. I still had to blow dry my hair straight in the morning.

And after that, the wavy hair wasn't as pronounced (which is bad for me because I've realized that I miss it. D:).

Guest procrastinator

I get my hair straightened once a year for the past 5 years now. I use to have big lion like hair. My perm cost 300 dollars but I don't see damage in my hair like others so it is so worth it.

i've gotten my hair straightened like twice in china, the first time it lasted a couple of months and the 2nd time lasted a year, i mean my hair was like dry,frizzy, and wavyy, i mean i liked the waves but the dry and frizzyness? NO, so i got my hair straightened and my hair looked SO much nicer smooth and shinyy

Guest TVXQ*lover~

i also want to try it ..

i have ALOT hair and waves ..

and i hate to use my hair straightener almost everyday for more than 1 hour,

lucky my hair isn't damaged o.o

im planning to perm it straight at a chinese salon ^^

its expensive but i guess its worth it

Guest hysteric0312

i've got it done, but i wouldn't recommend it if you have rly dmged hair in the first place cause it won't turned out straight. instead you'll have a fizzy perm (that is what the guy had warned me) lol i had semi damaged, semi healthy hair. the stylist had to cut a bit off before he started. Overall, it lasted a good 8-10 months (: it was worth the 200CAD.

Guest simple*love

I think it's fine if you get it, just try deep conditioning every week at home. ^^;

yeah i agree too but i wouldn't need it 'cus my hair is naturally straight lols

Guest Yeonjoo

YEAHYEAHYEAH do it! (: if u want straaaight, pretty hair

this summer was my third time. and i really like the results

except my bangs are a;ldkfj but thats off topic haha

they told me not to condition though. only use some kind of hair cream when i blow dry my hair

but my hair is really damaged though..

Guest heartdrops

I got mines done at an Asian salon in Chinatown. I'm never going back there because their service sucks, but my hair is still fine right now. It's been 4 months and my hair is still smooth and soft (despite the newly grown hair near my roots =[ ). I hope it remains that way since I condition it everyday.

I've done rebonding before. Well,the first week or so,your hair would look really flat and it doesn't look very nice. When it grows a little,then it'll look much better. Yes,your hair will definately get damaged but that is why,you have to use the right shampoo and you have to take care of your hair. What i do is,apply hair mask everytime i wash my hair and after that,i apply hair serum at the ends.

Guest mint★candy

get it done in asia. D:

its cheap and the results are better.

i've gotten my hair straight permed twice.

the first time, i was like in 6th grade and my hair felt so smooth/silky/nice for a long time. * U *""

but it was the japanese straight perm so it was really volumeless and dead straight. ):

it was at a pretty famous salon in my hometown lol. :B

second was like a month ago? at a taiwan salon here in us.

i got the volume straight perm this time and the results were pretty crappy.

its not super smooth AND i still have to straighten my hair because some parts look weird U_U

at least its kind of poofy hahah

after the perm wears off your hair gets damaged/dry/feels coarse etc. -__-

use conditioning masks!

Archived