Perming Your Hair Straight

Guest swtkitti_9

Guest h0w_cute*

i got mines done in vietnam for like only 30.

in the beginning i hated it cuz it was TOO straight and FLAT

but after a few weeks. youll get volume back

they usually last for 1 year

mines lasted for like.. 1 and a half.

i like it =)

afterwards. my hair did not feel damaged or coarse like people said. its normal!

Guest quinwa_gelatin

If you put your hair in a bun, will it still wave a bit? I like my waves, but I want my bangs to be straight. D: What should I do?

quinwa_gelatin If you put it up the first day or two of getting your hair straightened, the wave will probably stay, but then that'd be a waste of your money. :/ when you normally put it up after your hair gets used to the straightening, it will wave a bit, but return to it's normal straight shape after washing it.

I got my hair magic straightened ($100) this summer in Oakland, California at a Hong Kong salon. They did really good work. My hair is naturally straight, but I had screwed it up due to years of putting it up in a ponytail AND only shampooing... x__x (Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot lol) so I really needed this to revive my hair. It was awesome <3 right after I got it, my hair was reaaally smooth and shiny : D I was so happy! And now it's really straight too, though not as flat. It's at it's flattest the first day you get it. But after washing it, it'll regain a little volume. To me, it's worth it. Though it may be difficult to maintain the hair growing out if you have extremely curly hair. You'll need to get touch ups every couple months. My hair is really manageable now and it's fun to wash XD

If you're worried about damage, you should have a consultation. In most cases, your hair will NOT be damaged to the point of no return. (technically it IS damaged cus of the buttload of chemicals, but it won't look/feel that way XD)

Guest foreverursVi

i got mine straightened in Vietnam over the summer and its still really nice and straight....my ends get dry so i just condition it every time i shampoo....you just work it into your ends and let it soak in for like 5 mins and its all soft...=D

Guest angeliquelle

^

yes it is.

i think straightening my hair was one of the best decisions i've ever made for my hair =]

basically, they put all these chemically stuff in ur hair and make you sit there until ur butt dies and you're pretty sure you're going to faint from the smell of it. (it smells like toxic waste, very hard to handle the smell)

and then straighten it like crazy

and do the whole process again

mine too about 3-4 hours

but it's sooooo smooth now, and totally worth it

Guest hannuhh

you know honestly unless you're going somewhere really high-class and high-quality, don't get it done

i got mine done at a korean salon where the lady had pretty good experience with hair but MY HAIR GOT FRIEDDDDDDDD

like i'm pretty sure she didn't do anything wrong... but my hair was just... horrible after the perm

it was like literally... frizz frizz frizz

so i say nay

Archived