Top 10 Movie Teen Queens Of All Time

Guest cathy_saint0713

Guest cathy_saint0713

find out if your fave teens are on the list
002731994927.jpg

1. Molly Ringwald

Thanks to starring turns in nearly every essential John Hughes film, from 16 Candles and The Breakfast Club to her portrayal of New Wave nerd Andie Walsh in Pretty in Pink, Molly Ringwald solidified her status as the ultimate Teen Queen over 20 years ago.

002732824174.jpg

2. Alicia Silverstone

With so few teen flicks on her resume (not that I can ignore my guiltiest pleasure, The Crush), one might wonder why Alicia Silverstone ranks so high on this list. As if! Just dust off your copy of Clueless and you’ll see her steal the spotlight as Beverly Hills brat-turned-matchmaker Cher Horowitz in this generation-defining film.

002732824244.jpg

3. Kirsten Dunst

Luckily, this isn’t a democracy, it's a cheerocracy! As a result, Kirsten Dunst double back handsprings her way on to the top 10 as tart-tongued Torrance Shipman in this tumbletastic, spirit finger-filled, instantly-quotable teen comedy. Go Toros!

002732824102.jpg

4. Winona Ryder

Lucas, Beetlejuice…need I go on? Sure. Great Balls of Fire, Mermaids. More? Yes! Edward Scissorhands, Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael And? Heathers, the satire of satires, the blackest of black comedies, the incredibly clever cult classic. Winona Ryder’s pièce de résistance.

002731994829.jpg

5. Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan has admitted to wanting an Academy Award. She shouldn’t hold her breath. Her MTV Movie Awards for Mean Girls, Teen Choice trophy for Freaky Friday, and Razzie for I Know Who Killed Me will have to suffice. In any case, the troubled tart has racked up enough credits over the years to warrant a top-10 ranking. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that “the actress” will ever make it to the next level, cementing her status as a Teen Queen.

002731994801.jpg

6. Jennifer Grey

She may be M.I.A., but who can forget the funny she brought to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, or the Dirty Dancing she delivered with Patrick Swayze? The fact of the matter is nobody puts Baby in a corner, and nobody forgets to put Jennifer Grey on this list!

002732824330.jpg

7. Julia Stiles

She made a mark in 10 Things I Hate About You, impressed us in O, and appeared in The Prince and Me, but Julia Stiles secured a spot on the Teen Queen top 10 with her performance as a ballerina with a bleak future in the surprise box office smash, Save the Last Dance.

002731994989.jpg

8. Reese Witherspoon

Despite winning an Oscar for her role as June Carter Cash in Walk the Line, you can’t deny that Reese Witherspoon was a Teen Queen once upon a time. Who can forget that naughty roller coaster ride next to Marky Mark in Fear? What about the crucial taxi cab scene in Cruel Intentions? Those roles were riveting, but Reese’s best piece was Election in which she played ambitious and malicious highschooler Tracy Enid Flick.

002739926790.jpg

9. Jennifer Love Hewitt

We know she can scream (I Know What You Did Last Summer); we know she can scam (Heartbreakers); but who knew she could make us smile? In Can’t Hardly Wait, a high school party pic reminiscent of a John Hughes classic, a charming Jennifer Love Hewitt actually entertains us as Amanda, a prom queen with an identity crisis.

002731994725.jpg

10. Elisabeth Shue

I could have (and possibly should have) put someone else on this list. I bet many of you are wondering where Mandy Moore, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Neve Campbell are. Too bad! Between her roles in The Karate Kid, as Ralph Macchio’s main squeeze, and Adventures in Babysitting, as a high school senior who teaches a car full of kids a lot about life during a night filled with thieves and Thor, Elisabeth Shue has easily earned the right to hang out alongside Molly Ringwald and Alicia Silverstone!

source:yahoo.com

Guest miimisunshine

i agree that Molly Ringwald is the Teen Queen.

i loved 16 Candles and The Breakfast Club

i can watch it over&over.

Guest crystal_t33rs

As soon as I saw this, I thought Molly Ringwald and Winona Ryder just HAD to be in here. I was going to call it a conspiracy if they weren't! haha.

Guest angel2nyt

i actually agree with everyone in this list, okay well not everyone but almost everyone

winona ryder just HAD to be in this list

Guest 16candl3s

i knew its gonna be the one & only Molly Ringwald! Am a HUGE fan >see my nick<

i never get tired watching all her movies... She & John Hughes directing is always a winner..

awwww im soo proud!

Guest melon

I thought Jennifer Love Hewitt would be more at the top but this list is pretty legit.

Molly definitely deserves to be number one. :)

Guest Narda

Yeah, I thought Jennifer would be pretty high too. like say top 5 at least?

Anyways... molly's my favorite too, as well as alicia! gotta love clueless, it's the best!

Archived