Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official Piercing Thread

Replies

• teechauteechau TorontoPosts: 387Member

ROOKIE

i have a question. how should i clean my ears when my piercing is bloody and crusty?
    MBLAQ
    YANG SEUNGHO ♥
  • snowfallszsnowfallsz Posts: 48Member

ROOKIE

I plan to get a helix piercing soon and I have a few questions.
    Was the piercing process painful for you?
    Was the process fast?
    When did it stop bleeding?
    How much did your piercing cost, including the price of the earring?
    And does anyone recommend a place in the 626 area to get it pierced?

Thanks in advance!
  • --Lj--Lj Posts: 390Member
    teechau wrote on 13 January 2011 - 03:40 AM:

i have a question. how should i clean my ears when my piercing is bloody and crusty?

Warm water (and unscented soap like ivory bar soap if you want) with a qtip should be okay.
    Just clear away the excess junk.
  • cherrieruscherrierus Texas USAPosts: 1,230Member

IDOL

Right Ear:
    DSC02439.jpg

Left Ear:
    DSC02444.jpg

I really want another piercing, but I haven't fallen in love with any other at the moment.
    The conch is my newest, it's a month old right now.
  • EXQU1S1TEEXQU1S1TE igaragarago! FloridaaaaPosts: 2,737Member
    Serenity65 wrote on 12 January 2011 - 02:16 AM:

I currently have 5 piercings on my left ear and 4 on my right. I was wondering if i should get another one on my right ear since it feels emptier than my left. Any suggestions?

*quoted image*
    image uploader

Tragus would look cute (:
  • french_grlfrench_grl CS addict FrancePosts: 283Member
    starmilkx wrote on 13 January 2011 - 01:52 AM:

Pretty piercings, french_grl. :)

thank you
    Sorry for my bad english !
    See my 411 ....

• ElvanElvan Posts: 7Member
    edited January 2011
    fresh wrote on 14 November 2010 - 05:18 AM:

^Awesome. Your tummy's so flat. =O In a good way.

Anyway thanks for the replies. I think I will be going sometime this week, getting my rook first on my right ear. Err... a post of my ears before I get the piercing. lol

*quoted image**quoted image*
    right ear, left ear.

Omg, i like so much yours earring!! Where do you buy them? :P Online?
  • andy_solbi_wonder_girlsandy_solbi_wonder_girls Supporter of One Day!!! USAPosts: 431Member
    edited January 2011
    oh`retro: Can you tell me your experience with the piercing now? Is it still swollen? Do you like it? How much did it cost? What was it like the day afterward or the week afterwards? I've been thinking about getting a tongue piercing, but I'm still a bit iffy on it.
  • c00lasfcukkc00lasfcukk JERSEY<3Posts: 724Member
    edited January 2011
  • ribbonbowtieribbonbowtie Posts: 20Member
    edited January 2011
  • chimerical.chimerical. NOMNOMNOM 626Posts: 1,780Friend of Soompi
    hiess, i was just wondering, has anyone been told by a piercer that they CAN'T get an industrial on their ear, but somehow still got it anyway (from a different piercer, etc etc)? and it turned out fine?

cause i was told that my ear's too small and i can't get oneeeee, but i so desperately want one!
    but if anything, i was thinking of a rook instead. any other suggestions? i have my lobes & tragus pierced so far.
  • --Lj--Lj Posts: 390Member
    domokunn wrote on 19 January 2011 - 03:10 AM:

hiess, i was just wondering, has anyone been told by a piercer that they CAN'T get an industrial on their ear, but somehow still got it anyway (from a different piercer, etc etc)? and it turned out fine?

cause i was told that my ear's too small and i can't get oneeeee, but i so desperately want one!
    but if anything, i was thinking of a rook instead. any other suggestions? i have my lobes & tragus pierced so far.

Ummm, I would advise listening to a professional but
    when I got my industrial the guy said that if I got it pierced with a straight bar, it might turn my ear inside out so he bent the barbel and then threaded it through. It's been 2.5 years now and I'm fine. If you want a picture, let me know.
    Another thing you MIGHT want to consider is getting pierced using a tongue piercing barbel. I know it sounds weird but my friend got that done because she already had other helix piercings and still wanted an industrial. It's kind of the same thing.
    I don't know if either of those solutions will work for you because I don't really know what exact reason a piercer had for rejecting piercing you, but yeah. Good luck.
  • freshfresh 980324 Posts: 1,211Friend of Soompi
    Elvan wrote on 16 January 2011 - 07:39 AM:

Omg, i like so much yours earring!! Where do you buy them? :P Online?

Yes, I buy most of my piercings online. It's from a Korean site though. I live in Korea.
    w224003192.jpg
  • laylay2006laylay2006 UKPosts: 197Member

ROOKIE

I have a question.
    I got my tragus pierced last month and I've got hypertrophic scarring.

Do I dilute the Tea Tree oil and the Vitamin E oil together ONLY or do I also mix it with hot water? AND, Do I also need to continue doing the Sea Salt Soaks or do I do that after the hypertrophic scarring has gone?

29071837.jpg

At the moment I'm only using Tea Tree Oil and I heard it dries the area right?

Thank you for the help :)
    layssig.jpg
    Thank you for being by my side <3
  • c.to_c.to_ Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,108Member
    hpnotiq wrote on 09 January 2011 - 06:30 AM:

And 1 more. Getting the rook done.. How bad is it? I've been hearing that it's a lot painful than other parts of the ear because it's thicker. True?

I got the rook done about a year ago. For me it hurt quite bad... LOL. But then again I've never gotten a helix, or any other ear piercing other than my lobes before this. I guess it's depends on your pain tolerance. Sleeping on it caused a hypertrophic scar( in my case anyways); which has subsided now after religious seasalt soaks. But yeah. Just take care of it. I think the rook is veryy cute :] post a picture after :D
    Let the beat rock.
    beauty blog :) tumblr!
  • rachelnracheln sydney:)Posts: 225Member

ROOKIE

edited January 2011
    Photoon2011-01-21at1343-2.jpg

i apologize for the seriously crappy pic but its all i got right now lol. my double collarbone dermals! i got them in late november? and theyve healed marvelously along with my nape ^_^ (btw the chain thingys just a necklace lol)
    Grey.Drops
  • SearesrayneSearesrayne yay areaPosts: 904Member

IDOL

laylay2006 wrote on 19 January 2011 - 02:27 PM:

Do I dilute the Tea Tree oil and the Vitamin E oil together ONLY or do I also mix it with hot water? AND, Do I also need to continue doing the Sea Salt Soaks or do I do that after the hypertrophic scarring has gone?

At the moment I'm only using Tea Tree Oil and I heard it dries the area right?

Thank you for the help :)

Clean your ear with Sea salt soak and then you put on tea tree oil that's diluted with water (doesn't have to be hot) It is recommended to dilute the tea tree oil with water :)
  • xiguamoonxiguamoon Posts: 4Member
    hii, does anyone know what the piercing next to the ear lobe is called? (like right next to it)
    is it still called the earlobe piercing, or is it different?
    http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.indianfashion.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/care-ear-piercing.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.indianfashion.in/category/tag/ear-piercing&usg=__zop7_wyJehCKxTtI-UNJVOb2WG8=&h=283&w=175&sz=11&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=Ohqi8cjprcT8xM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=84&ei=BV86Tfu1EYOqsAPS6e3_Ag&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dear%2Blobe%2Bpiercing%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3D5dq%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D610%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=883&vpy=259&dur=6013&hovh=226&hovw=140&tx=108&ty=112&oei=JF46TYfLOoL0tgPh2fCCAw&esq=13&page=1&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0
    (the two on the earlobe)
    does the one closer to the cartilage hurt more? or does it feel the same?
  • laylay2006laylay2006 UKPosts: 197Member

ROOKIE

My piercer said I didn't have to dilute it with anything =S
    But thanks Searesrayne for the help :)
    layssig.jpg
    Thank you for being by my side <3
  • DannielDanniel bleeeeeh&#33;&#33;~Posts: 207Member
    ooh like i posted in another thread, I just got my vertical labret done one month ago at Excentrik in Montreal.
    soompz1.png

Next thing I want are some microdermals on my shoulders like this, or I'll get my surface clavicle piercings redone in microdermals, since they rejected :/

What a wonderful world.
    vaaansabrineezy:)Malice_Kaisersilentcurse