Why is she acting this way?

Guest Serenity65

Guest Serenity65

I met my current boyfriend at a BBQ. The BBQ was hosted by Friend X. While I was there, I also met Girl A and her Boyfriend (Lets just call him Boy A). Boy A and my boyfriend are best friends. So a few months into my relationship with my boyfriend, I noticed that he hadn't been on good terms with Boy A. They weren't really talking and there were a few cases where my boyfriend was talking to Boy A on the phone and both seemed upset over something. Finally one day, my boyfriend told me why him and Boy A were arguing and no longer talking to each other. 
It turns out that Girl A (Boy A's girlfriend) hates me. I had only met her maybe 3 times and only during group dinners. I have never actually spoken to her, only a hello and bye. Each time we were at a dinner, I recall her trying not to sit next to me and attempting to put another person between us. Now, I don't know why she's acting this way, I have not been rude to her in any way. So because Girl A hates me, she doesn't want Boy A hanging out with my boyfriend. 
This sound absolutely ridiculous... we're all 22 years old college graduates! 
There was this one time where she invited everyone in their group of friends (except my boyfriend) to a clam bar. She knows my boyfriend is allergic to seafood and purposely picked that place. 
Another time, when Friend X couldn't make it to one of her events, she stopped inviting him to dinners altogether because she assumed he was on my side. What is wrong with this girl?I have spoken to my boyfriend and Friend X about this and both of them have no idea why she hates me. They said "She's judgmental like that." But it's really been bothering me. My boyfriend seems upset over the broken friendship with Boy A and I wish their relationship didn't have to end over something so stupid. My boyfriend has tried talking to him about it, but Boy A just ends up denying that anything is going on.

Guest DeejayS

this one of the hardest things in life... understanding girls thoughts :), in my opinion maybe u're prettier than her, girls tend to not like the other if  they are intimidated or somewhat feels inferior

Guest ANJEE<3

It's on girl A and boy A

it's tough that your bf lost his bff but boy A should be standing up for himself in this situation. He picked his gf before his bff

nothing you can do except just stand by your bf

Unless you talk to this girl, you won't understand what's going on with her. The fact of life is that there will always be someone who won't like you and you won't like somebody else. I've had my fair share of people not liking me and vice versa. Maybe she thinks you're a snob because you've never really said anything but hellos and byes. Some friends have told me that because of my awkward shyness which causes me not to speak much have caused people to think I'm rude.

Guest motherducker

I agree with the above poster about Girl A possibly thinking you're a "snob" because you only ever say hi and bye. Myabe she thinks you don't want to put in the effort in getting to know the people in your boyfriend's life. That, or maybe she just dislikes you for a completely different reason. But from the sounds of it, she seems quite immature and just wants to stir up drama.

You could try sitting her down and discussing the root of her dislike towards you. If not, then she shouldn't be worth your time and maybe it's better that she's not invovled in yours amd your boyfriend's life. It's unfortunate to hear about your boyfriend's and Boy A's friendship being tarnished by something ridiculous though, but don't blame yourself; that seems to be a situation between Girl A and Boy A.

Guest alphaoxytocin

This is actually quite common. When a girl appears to hate another girl for no reason, it is almost always romantic jealousy. Romantic jealousy stems from viewing someone as a competitor. And it could happen by 2 possibilities:
A) She is attracted to your boyfriend and she views you as a competitor (attacking behavior); ORB) She probably saw her boyfriend talking to you (views you as a competitor) and, in her mind, exaggerated that as you "seducing" him, so she is shielding her own boyfriend away from any possibilities of losing him (guarding behavior).
Because you said that she didn't even allow her boyfriend to talk to your boyfriend, it means that she is more likely to be guarding her boyfriend than to "attack" and attract yours. So it is most likely reason B.
This usually happens when a girl is extremely attracted to a guy. She would see ANY females in the appropriate age range as her competitor, as she views her boyfriend highly and that she views herself lower than she actually is (thus less self-esteem). This causes her to view other girls as potentially better mates, which can trigger insecurities and trigger her to engage in direct "mate guarding" (any methods to prevent her boyfriend the possibilities of socializing that could lead to a new girlfriend). One mate guarding behavior is that she would try and cut off any methods of communication her boyfriend has with anyone that could potentially influence him to leave her (such as her boyfriend's best friend, who is the boyfriend of a competitor).
Also, because her boyfriend not being friends with your boyfriend was HER call, it must mean that she was somehow AFFECTED by their interaction. So why would she give a damn who her boyfriend hangs out with? Because she is afraid of losing him and she saw that as a possibility!!! If it was simply because you or your boyfriend weren't "nice", she would still leave that option to him because they are HIS friends and they do not affect her in any way. The ONLY way it can affect HER is romantic competition. Therefore, if it weren't because of romantic jealousy, she should have no reason to want to interfere with who her boyfriend chooses to hang out with. So, it has NOTHING to do with you or your boyfriend not being nice. So this further strengthens that it was stemming from romantic jealousy.
In this case, there isn't much you can do. Her boyfriend is to be blamed here because his friendship with your boyfriend should have NOTHING to do with her. I'm sure they've been best friends before she met her boyfriend. So she should have no right to control that. And if she did get that control, it is because her boyfriend HANDED THAT RIGHT to her. Either her boyfriend did not have the balls to tell her what was important to him, or he actually did not think his friendship with your boyfriend was that important to him. Either way, it shows that he isn't a good friend, and you guys should forget it and move on.

Guest cristolephe

Hugs solve everything

Don't get too upset, just laugh it off. It's kinda interesting that she's that into her boyfriend.

Guest HERMIT

See, this is why you should never try to understand girls.
You start thinking about it, you go crazy trying to figure them out, and the next thing you know you end up becoming a hermi...  oh NEVER MIND~!

Archived