How to get over a broken heart?

Guest Ady2006

Guest Ady2006

Just recently I got dumped by my ex. What hurts the most is that he dumped me for a girl that he only meant for one day!!! I've been friends with my ex for a while until we decided to take another step forward. We started dating. Everything was going great until that one day he took that girl out. He called me up and told me that it won't work out btw us and said that he liking that girl now. My heart was shattered when i heard that. All this time, i was there for him and never turn my back on him when he's going through his tough times. He should never asked me out in the first place if he's not sure of his feeling for me. How can anyone fall for someone that easily?! Now she is his official gf. I tried not to cry over this richard simmons, but i still miss him. It hurts even more when i think about how they are happy together right now, when I'm sitting here crying my eyes out. I tried to hold it in, but i couldn't. My tears won't stop falling. So guys plz help me get through this.

Guest nana544

*Hugs*. You don't deserve anyone who makes you cry. Eat lots of chocolate candies and ice cream. True, time does heals, and so take it one day at a time. Even though it doesn't completely heals all the way, at least the pain will lessen. And soon, your heart just become stone.

-edit: Just kidding, your heart doesn't become stone. Cry it all out, and know that you're a strong woman who can get through this.

Guest HERMIT

I was told that a balanced diet and regular exercise would do the trick. Otherwise, it may take triple bypass surgery to fix it.Mind you, this was coming from my cardiologist's perspective.

Guest Hellen Lee1430292667

nana544 said: *Hugs*. You don't deserve anyone who makes you cry. Eat lots of chocolate candies and ice cream. True, time does heals, and so take it one day at a time. Even though it doesn't completely heals all the way, at least the pain will lessen. And soon, your heart just become stone.

-edit: Just kidding, your heart doesn't become stone. Cry it all out, and know that you're a strong woman who can get through this.

Guest TheJVS

Someone else WILL come along and help you fix that heart of yours. Guys in your life that didn't work out weren't right for you, you guys weren't meant to be. Which means that there's someone in the future that is meant to be with you :D Just try to understand this concept and feel better :)

He seems like a massive A hole. The easiest way I know how to get over an A hole like him is not care about it. Even if you do care, act like you don't, move on with your life, because you deserve to, because you're a great person who is far more occupied with other things in your own life to have any time to worry about him. Don't talk about it, don't think about it (even know I know you'll think about it 24/7), don't rant to your friends about it (unless you really need to), and eventually, what actions cannot fix, time will fix. It might sound hard, but it's easier than you think. The more we carry on about something, the more we will think about it and not let it heal. Like picking a scab and not waiting for it to heal on it's own. Towards him, act like you don't care, like you've move on with your life and you're happy. Life is short, don't waste it worrying about some one who did nothing but hurt you.

Guest SlicedBread

My grandma used to say that to take a nail out you need hammer another nail in. Meet other people, hook up, fall in love, etc.  

nana544 said: *Hugs*. You don't deserve anyone who makes you cry. Eat lots of chocolate candies and ice cream. True, time does heals, and so take it one day at a time. Even though it doesn't completely heals all the way, at least the pain will lessen. And soon, your heart just become stone.

Guest nana544

MiDnite89 said: nana544 said: *Hugs*. You don't deserve anyone who makes you cry. Eat lots of chocolate candies and ice cream. True, time does heals, and so take it one day at a time. Even though it doesn't completely heals all the way, at least the pain will lessen. And soon, your heart just become stone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wolfbane

Delete off all contacts of him and dont talk to him or about him anymore.Throw away all stuff that he gave u so that u wont think of him ever again.The more u think about him, the more upset u will get.
Trust me, been there, done that.U deserve someone better if he dump u for a girl he only met for 1 day.
Love urself more before u love others =)Cheer up sweetie!

Guest Dense

wolfbane said: Delete off all contacts of him and dont talk to him or about him anymore.Throw away all stuff that he gave u so that u wont think of him ever again.The more u think about him, the more upset u will get.
Trust me, been there, done that.U deserve someone better if he dump u for a girl he only met for 1 day.
Love urself more before u love others =)Cheer up sweetie!

actually getting rid of all contact means and all things that remind u of a person is a really good way to get over them. 
or so i read.
it seems a romantic break up effects the mind similarly as a death in the family does. the chemical readings are scary similar. 
and instinctually, to better survive, after a death, if all is forgotten about them, you get over it as to not slow you down in survival situations.

Archived