Thoughts on non-asians or half asians in the industry?

Guest kchow917

Guest kchow917

Do you think it would be possible for non-asians or half asians to get accepted into sm jyp yg etc.? I know there are some half asian kpop stars! To me it would make sense to at least accept as trainees and or debut some more half asians because you would think that as growing companies they would want to expand and be more appealing to more people, different cultures. I know different cultures already like kpop though! But ya know what I mean? :)

Guest Muso

It's possible but when that will happen, who knows; mainly for non-asians. Half Asians have it easier than someone who isn't, especially if they look more on the Asian side. I think until k-pop is more expanded, then they open up to non-asians.

I know there was a group called Blush I believe where all the members were from across Asia: from India to Indonesia. They aren't very popular but they have songs.

I remember when Chokolat or whatever came out, the company was really pushing for them because I think two of their members were half white half korean. It happens but only if you look the part.

Guest happygal2011

SM focus more on look

JYP is a tough one - your talent in singing

YG - not limits..IMO

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deannatasha

There won't be harm trying! If you have the talent, surely you can be part of the kpop scene!And plus now kpop is more international and there are mixed idols so I guess there;s still chances for you!  :)>-

Guest chibiottoman

I don't know... I haven't seen a non-Asian in that industry but, probably people would like to see a foreign star but the foreign star would be different  from their policies so it'd cause a bit, trouble. Because, talking about Europe, they are completely different from Asians and okay when it's the looks, there's no problem people would like it you know a paler skin taller blond etc etc but they'd be exactly different from Asian stars so it'd be hard, in my opinion. What I mean is, it wouldn't be so appealing for them since the traditions are completely different.

Guest NS Yoonji

They'd have to find some really pretty boys/girls. In all honestly, after enveloping myself in Asian culture (especially after going on a Korean drama binge) I began to like Asian looks better and become pickier with other races. Personally, I'd be excited to see some here and there, but it is KOREAN pop so I don't expect many to join the ranks for now.
I can think of one group with a half white member (Chocolat). The group that was going to have a full on white guy disappeared before debut and the one with a black chick from YG disbanded before debut as well. Something always seems to happen before they make it to the stage. But isn't there a Korean band with a white guy? Busker Busker. I guess that's not really K-pop.

• 1 month later...
Guest kalai1

There is a kpop group with a member from france it is Called the gloss. I think its awsome to see a non asian in a kpop group. But there are also a lot of people that think kpop groups shouldnt have foreigners because it wouldnt be kpop anymore but its still kpop music so it shouldnt be a problem

Archived