[Movie 2013] Running Man 런닝맨

Guest maea18

Guest maea18

Running Man 런닝맨movie_image.jpg

photo282893.jpg

Directed by: Jo Dong-ohProduce by:  Jeong Jong-hunWritten by:  Jo Dong-ohCinematography: Jo Sang-yuenDistributed by: 20th Century FoxRelease Date: April 04, 2013Runtime: 127 min.Genre: Action, ThrillerLanguage: KoreanOfficial Website: http://runningman2013.co.kr/Official Youtube Account: https://www.youtube.com/user/runningman2013kr
Synopsis:

Jong-Woo (Shin Ha-Kyun) went to prison four times for petty crimes likes burglary and car theft, but he now works as an auto mechanic. He has a 17-year-old son named Gi-Hyuk (Lee Min-Ho), which he raises by himself. Gi-Hyuk is a smart kid, but troubled. The father and the son also do not get along. Although, Jong-Woo might appear like an irresponsible father, he tries his best and even works at night as a private taxi service.

One evening, Jong-Woo drops off a couple at a ritzy hotel. Suddenly, another man hops into Jong-Woo's car and tells him to drive off. Once the man pulls out large stash of cash, Jong-Woo is happy to drive the man wherever he wants. The man asks Jong-Woo to drive him to a delivery company.

Jong-Woo walks into the delivery company and asks for directions to the bathroom. He then notices the man mailing off a small electronic device. The man then comes up to Jong-Woo and offers him $1,000 if he will drive him to an apartment and then to the airport. Jong-Woo happily agrees, but he first grabs the man's cellphone and calls his own cellphone.

Once they get into the parking garage of the apartment complex, Jong-Woo's life is about to turn completely upside down. He runs out of the garage on foot and becomes the prime suspect in a murder case.

Meanwhile, Gi-Hyuk is shocked and confused that his father is now a murder suspect. Gi-Hyuk attempts to uncover the truth.

Cast:Shin Ha Kyun as Cha Jong Woophoto278903.jpg

Lee Min Ho (1993) as Cha Gi Hyukphoto285593.jpg

Kim Sang Ho as An Sang Kiphoto285594.jpg

Jo Eun Ji as Park Sun Youngphoto285595.jpg

Oh Jung Se as Jang Do Sikphoto285596.jpg

Additional Cast Member: Joo Hyun - Priest MoonJung Suk Yong - chief of policeKim Ui Sung - NIS section chiefPark Joo Hyung - NIS agentKu Hye Ryeong - An Sang Ki's wifePark Sang Wook - hit manYeom Dong Hun - cameo
Trailer

Guest maea18

Shin Ha Kyun leaps into first action rolephoto300474.jpg

Actor Shin Ha-kyun said, "I enjoyed [filming] running scenes, but a lot of the wire works were really challenging".

Just like the movie title "Running Man", the protagonist runs and runs, sometimes rolls and even dives from buildings for almost the whole movie. But don't assume the actor would be a muscular, tough guy. The actor is Shin Ha-kyun, who is well known for his delicate, emotional portrayals. 

The 39-year-old has leapt into an action movie for the first time in his 15-year filmography. The veteran actor, who debuted in 1998, rose to stardom through the smash hit movie "JSA - Joint Security Area" in 2000, which is based on the 1950-53 Korean War. Since then, he broadened his range by playing a variety of roles, including a ruthless killer in the hit movie "Guns and talks" in 2001 and a sharp-tempered neurosurgeon in the drama "Brain" in 2011.

Recently, he showed his striking screen presence in the exhilarating chase thriller "Running Man", which hit theaters on April 4. The movie revolves around an innocent man who is falsely charged of murder. Well ahead of its release, the film heightened movie lovers' anticipation by being the first domestic movie to be fully funded by a major Hollywood studio, Fox International Productions. As of April 14, its box office has attracted 1 million viewers. 

The JoongAng Ilbo sat down with Shin recently to discuss his newest movie.

Q. Since it is your first action movie, I didn't expect you to do so great

A. I took the role since I felt compelled to work on an action movie before I got any older. I did most of my own stunts. To do that, I went through intensive physical training two hours a day for 50 days in preparation for the film. I didn't even drink during the production since I had to run and run every day. 

That must have been hard for you. 

It was really scary to jump from a four- or five-story building to another. I even have aeroacrophobia. But I could pull it off, I think, because I was fully into the role at the moment. 

I found some scenes a little bit absurd. It felt like the action effects were emphasized to cover them up.

More than anything else, the top priority was giving an adrenaline rush to viewers. The movie crew and I faced numerous setbacks. As most scenes were shot in crowded public places, we always had to ask people for their agreement. In addition, when we worked in Jongno District, central Seoul, we had to stop filming several times because of rain. On Dongjak Bridge, we had to bear a lot of foul words by passing drivers. [laughs] 

Besides action scenes, the movie tells the story of a strained father-son relationship and their reconnection, which played a part in drawing Fox International Productions to the film. 

What was it like to play the role of a father as a bachelor?

I felt some pressure. You know, I'm not even married. Besides, the son of my character was a high school boy. I didn't know how to relate myself to the character. Then I reflected on my relationship with my father. It really helped me through the production.

How was your relationship with your father?

I was born and raised in an ordinary family. I think most Korean fathers sacrifice themselves to support their family, but most of them are not good at expressing affection for their sons. There always seems to be an impassable barrier between Korean fathers and sons. I wanted to portray that Korean sentiment.

I think your acting is especially great in nonmainstream movies like "Save the Green Planet!" and "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance". 

I did not intend on starring in only those kind of movies. It is more like I'm always seeking new things. I work toward perfection when working. But when I don't work, I let go of my control. I don't even make plans ahead of time. But I can say for sure that I will always be careful choosing my projects that can give inspiration to me and viewers, too.

By Lim Ju-ri [estyle@joongang.co.kr] Photo by Park Jong-keun

Guest maea18

'Running Man' is next Korean film to go international

photo287181.jpg

"Running Man" sets a milestone in the Korean film scene via its collaboration with Hollywood studio Fox International Productions. Provided by 20th Century Fox

In the midst of Koreans' growing presence in Hollywood as directors and actors make their debuts there, "Running Man" by Jo Dong-oh is set to take up the baton. 

The film about a man fleeing false murder charges is the first domestic movie to be fully funded by a major Hollywood studio, Fox International Productions. 

"We were very impressed with the concept of trying to make a film that would be pushing the action quotient all done in a realistic way within Seoul itself", said Sanford Panitch, head of the production company, during a press conference on Tuesday.

photo287182.jpg

Top: Fox International Productions President Sanford Panitch, left, said that the studio keeps an eye out for films from unfamiliar places, including Korea. Abovet: From left, actors Lee Min-hoSin Ha-gyoonJo Eun-ji and Kim Sang-ho, and director Jo Dong-oh promote "Running Man". [NEWSIS]

"The father-son story very much appealed to us all as the emotional core to the film. For those two reasons, "Running Man" felt like a good start for us".

Panitch stressed that the Los Angeles-based company is looking to observe global film-making culture, unearth local talent and forge lucrative relationships with prominent film professionals outside of the world's film capital.

In a testament to his expanding strategy, Fox International Productions has so far made financial commitments to 50 non-English-language films in more than 11 countries. 

It also previously made partial investments in Korean hit "Hwanghae" and Park Chan-wook's Hollywood debut film "Stoker".

Jo said he thought that the U.S. company was impressed with the uniquely Korean sentiments expressed in the film and that he felt encouraged by their respect for a foreign culture.

"When I first met with Fox, I didn't feel like I had to change the story just because we were receiving financial support", he explained.

Protectionist measures implemented by the government initially stood in the way of the collaboration, Panitch said, but the company worked around the restrictions. 

The Korean Film Council also helped to expedite the process. From 2007, the organization has offered tax rebates to foreign production companies that decided to invest in coproduction with Korean professionals.

"This movie is not only important for developing future business relationships with Hollywood, but also helpful for creating new job opportunities", said Kim Eui-suk, chairman of the Korean Film Council. More than 430 people worked on the production of "Running Man" for about five months.

Panitch said that it was not until Park Chan-wook's "Oldboy" that Hollywood grew more comfortable with movies in different settings told in unusual ways.

"I think that was the catalyst for any people in Hollywood to turn their eyes toward Korean films", the CEO said.

After watching Bong Joon-ho's "The Host" and Kim Ji-woon's "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" with his colleagues, Panitch came to believe that there is a lot to learn from Korean cinema. He thinks that the emotions, styles and energy in Korean films are completely unique. 

"At the same time, if we think there's an opportunity for the film in the other parts of the world, we'll certainly take advantage of that, including showing the film to U.S. audiences", Panitch said.

The company also hopes to announce its support for a second Korean film soon. 

"We have a number of projects in development in script stages and are working with some other, very talented directors", Panitch said.

"Running Man" will hit theaters in April.

By Yoon Hye-sun, Park Eun-jee [ejpark@joongang.co.kr]

Guest maea18

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"MBC Section TV, Running Man #07, 영화 런닝맨 20130331  id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"

Guest maea18

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis;"[Y-STAR] press preview of 'Runningman' 

Guest maea18

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2013.04.05 ~ 2013.04.07

photo298229.jpg

The number one movie this week is "Running Man" (런닝맨)

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2013.04.05 - 2013.04.07 (www.kobis.or.kr)

#FilmsRelease dateWeek-endTotal
1"Running Man" (런닝맨)2013/04/04501 908575 444
2"G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation" 464 6191 570 044
3"Very Ordinary Couple" (연애의 온도)2013/03/21206 1641 653 496
4"Paparoti" (파파로티)2013/03/14146 4501 588 385
5"The New World" (신세계)2013/02/2162 5914 630 101
6"Miracle in Cell No.7" (7번방의 선물)2013/01/2327 81712 782 920
7"The Host" 25 62934 828
8"Hope Springs" 24 61631 768
9"Warm Bodies" 22 2701 160 804
10"In My End is My Beginning" (끝과 시작)2013/04/0420 41627 981

Source : hancinema.net

Guest maea18

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2013.04.12 ~ 2013.04.14

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2013.04.12 - 2013.04.14 (www.kobis.or.kr)

1"Oblivion" 530 069620 425
2"Fist of Legend" (전설의 주먹)2013/04/10478 888676 850
3"Running Man" (런닝맨)2013/04/04252 1221 039 137
4"G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation" 103 8671 784 578
5"Very Ordinary Couple" (연애의 온도)2013/03/2169 0051 795 791
6"Paparoti" (파파로티)2013/03/1439 4381 682 585
7"Ploddy The Police Car" (Pelle Politibil går i vannet, 2013) 28 97229 812
8"The New World" (신세계)2013/02/2110 6894 670 319
9"Jiseul" (지슬 - 끝나지 않은 세월2)2013/03/2110 405110 003
10"Leon" 9 16011 835

Guest maea18

Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2013.04.19 ~ 2013.04.21

Korean Box Office - Admissions for the Weekend 2013.04.19 - 2013.04.21 (www.kobis.or.kr)

1"Oblivion" 367 0221 204 448
2"Fist of Legend" (전설의 주먹)2013/04/10334 5931 243 300
3"Running Man" (런닝맨)2013/04/04143 6191 280 107
4"Norigae" (노리개)2013/04/1880 337103 691
5"Song for Marion" 79 21894 694
6"To Rome with Love" 47 16960 540
7"Beautiful Creatures" 47 05756 899
8"G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation" 26 5971 842 438
9"Very Ordinary Couple" (연애의 온도)2013/03/2123 6751 847 780
10"Ploddy The Police Car" (Pelle Politibil går i vannet) 18 88750 619

Guest maea18

id="watch-headline-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 19px; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[star Date] Actor 'Shin Hakyun' (신하균)

February 26, 2013
Shin Ha Kyun Talks about the Fractures and Acrophobia He Suffered for 'Running Man'
CJ E&M enewsWorld Oh, MiJung 
Shin Ha Kyun confessed that action scenes are definitely hard.
The actor appeared at the press conference for the film Running Man on February 26 to talk about what happened while shooting the film.
Shin Ha Kyun plays the fugitive Cha Jong Woo in the film.
"It was so hard," he said about his action scenes. "Still, I felt a weird catharsis from them."
93957748.jpg

While shooting the film, he even suffered a fracture in his rib. The fracture did not come from any external injury; it yielded under the persistent strain being put on it during his training sessions and action scenes.
"I didn′t tell anyone about the fracture," Shin Ha Kyun said. "I thought it would be nothing, but it came to hurt badly so I went to the hospital and they told me it was a fracture."
He also talked about how he had suffered due to his acrophobia.
He said, "I didn′t know I would have to climb to high places. I thought a double would do it for me. It turned out I had to do it myself. I did have safety devices on me but it was still dangerous."
Director Jo Dong Oh said, "Shin Ha Kyun would have suffered a lot, but I was thankful he didn′t show it. I thought he was great in scenes in which he had to show pain, but it turned out later that he really was in pain at the time."
Running Man is about how a man becomes a suspect wanted by everyone in the nation after witnessing a murder in the middle of Seoul. It stars actors Lee Min Ho, Kim Sang Ho and Jo Eun Ji. It premieres in April.
The film is also the first Korean film to have drawn investments from 20th Century Fox, a famed movie studio in America.
Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

March 13, 2013
“Running Man” Raises the Bar with Lead Shin Ha-kyun
Reporter : Lee Hye Ji Editor : Nemo Kim KSTAR10
&f=AS10JXWRvhbJiAaVVE4Q6IbVYJPj4Ivg3nY1.
Korean actor Shin Ha-kyun on the set of upcoming actioner “Running Man,” set to hit Korean theaters on April 4, 2013. [20th Century Fox Korea]
Big names in Korean cinema have unveiled their high expectations on actor Shin Ha-kyun's new film “Running Man.” Acclaimed directors Park Chan-wook, Kim Ji-woon, Jang Joon-hwan and Choi Dong-hoon expressed their admiration for Shin and his upcoming actioner after the promotional clip, “Directors Choice Shin Ha-kyun,” was unveiled on March 13. "Shin is someone who keeps showing something new every time. He has the attitude of an artist who constantly dares to go that much further and makes brave choices,” said Park, who made a successful foray into Hollywood with “Stoker,” thinking back to his experience of working with Shin in “Joint Security Area,” “Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance” and “Thirst.“ “He is one of the extraordinary actors who possesses the ability to portray both intimacy and unfamiliarity,” said Kim, director of actor-turned-governor Arnie’s latest actioner “Last Stand.” Cult director Jang, who directed Shin’s major work “Save the Green Planet,” praised Shin, “he is an energetic actor with an amazing ability to learn. I’m looking forward to watching his first action film.” “He has awesome acting skills. I think this movie will be the one to show all of his charms,” said director Choi of 2012 smash hit “The Thieves,” the heist movie where Shin made a cameo appearance as Gianna Jun's target.
Slated to hit local theaters on April 4, Fox International Productions’ first Korean film tells the tale of Cha Jong-woo, who witnesses a murder in downtown Seoul and accidentally becomes the suspect in the public eye.
779335_0-550367_50811.jpg

March 14, 2013
Shin Ha-kyun of RUNNING MAN Continues to DevelopPark Chan-wook, Kim Jee-woon Choi Dong-hoon and Jang Joon-hwan Pour Praise on Shin by Kim Hyun-min KOBIZ l Nate
404596_article.jpg
Big names in Korean film have unveiled their high expectations of actor SHIN Ha-kyun’s new film project Running Man, the first Korean movie to get full funding from 20th Century Fox. Acclaimed directors PARK Chan-wook, KIM Jee-woon, JANG Joon-hwan and CHOI Dong-hoon disclosed their admiration for SHIN and his upcoming first-ever actioner after viewing the film’s promotional clip, “Director's Choice SHIN Ha-kyun,” released on March 13th.
shk3_zps3f0db42a.jpg“SHIN is an actor who keeps showing us something new. He has an attitude of an artist who always dares to have adventures and makes brave choices,” said PARK, who made a successful foray into Hollywood with Stoker. PARK worked with SHIN in Joint Security Area, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Thirst.
“He is an extraordinary actor who possesses both the ability to portray intimacy and unfamiliarity,” said KIM, director of the Hollywood actioner The Last Stand. Cult director JANG, who directed SHIN’s major work Save the Green Planet, said, “he is an energetic actor who has a great learning ability and flexibility. I’m looking forward to watching his first action film.” “He has great acting skills. I think this movie will be the one to show SHIN’s many charms,” said director CHOI from the 2012 hit The Thieves. The film is to hit local theaters on April 4th.
404597_article.jpg 

Guest maea18

class="fbPhotoAlbumTitle" style="font-size: 18px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); margin: 32px 214px 7px 213px; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"130326 'Running Man' movie VIP Premiere cr. as tagged408988_320692168033261_2103827646_n.jpg
482688_320692008033277_1581458535_n.jpg
483884_320692194699925_148048023_n.jpg
8982_320692241366587_810313923_n.jpg
526487_320692298033248_92106794_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

May 2, 2013
Share of Korean films hits over one-year low
YonhapNews l Nate
2013050213382488235_1.jpg

SEOUL, May 2 (Yonhap) -- The share of Korean films in the local movie market fell to its lowest level in almost a year and a half in April, official box-office data showed Thursday.
   According to the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), which tracks official box-office figures, Korean films attracted 4.5 million moviegoers last month, accounting for 39.8 percent of the 11.2 million people who went to the cinema.
   The ratio is the lowest since 37.4 percent was recorded in December 2011 and also represents a sharp decline from the 63.2 percent of the previous month.
   The plunge is drawing keen attention as the percentage hovered around 60 to 70 percent last year and surged to 82.9 percent in February this year.
   The lack of homegrown films drawing public attention and the strength of Hollywood action films appear to be the reason behind the decline.
   In the monthly box-office for April, "Iron Man 3," the latest in the superhero trilogy, was at No. 1, racking up 26.368 billion won (US$23.9 million) in ticket sales.
   Korean director Kang Woo-suk's new film "Fist of Legend" was in a distant second with 11.678 billion won, closely followed by "Oblivion," a sci-fi film starring Tom Cruise, at 10.66 billion won and "Running Man," a Korean film starring Shin Ha-kyun, with 9.8 billion won.
   "G.I.Joe 2: Retaliation," the Hollywood action film directed by Jon M. Chu, came in at fifth with 7.7 billion won.
   The total number of moviegoers in April represented a 6.3 percent decline from a year ago, according to the data.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest maea18

Running Man was the most downloaded movie in Korea these past 31 days, it marks an all kill on download sites.. it's just a bit sad that it didn't really do well in theater, as for me, i think it was good, i enjoy it maybe it was release at wrong time, it have strong competitors such as Tom Cruise's Oblivion and Fist of Legend and i think it lacked in promotion (well that was just me)  :-<
Source: Newsis

Archived