Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Replies

• blushblush vegasPosts: 1,738Member

IDOL

o_o;; wrote on 25 January 2012 - 05:24 AM:

You could always slowly dye your hair down with blonde dyes, although most of those contain bleach anyway. It's also relatively expensive and takes a long time if you want to minimise the damage your hair receives.

What nobody knows said sounds like the best option, hahaha.
    -
    I've been experimenting a lot the past two months and figured out how to mix a pretty looking pink dye! It got my hair to turn into a softer pink as opposed to the super hot pink I had a few months ago and fades to a nice cotton candy pink after two/three weeks.
    *quoted image*

How damaging was this?!! And how blond did you bleach it (if you had to bleach it I mean). I've been wanting to do this, but last year I bleached my hair to dye it blue (only my ends) and it KILLED. MY. HAIR. My bleached area is still recovering. The fading process also looks so much better than the fading process from blue-->complete bleach blond. Blue fades to this nasty puke green color eventually D;
  • little-fawnlittle-fawn Posts: 71Member
    I'm kind of torn between dying my hair a natural dark brown color, a natural-ish red color, and some crazy color (possibly pastel lilac or an autumny orange?) to take advantage of my youth while I still have it (since you can't really do that sort of thing when you're older..)

What should I do? I'm 17 and time is running out to get through with my teenage leanings!

o_o;; wrote on 25 January 2012 - 03:24 AM:

You could always slowly dye your hair down with blonde dyes, although most of those contain bleach anyway. It's also relatively expensive and takes a long time if you want to minimise the damage your hair receives.

What nobody knows said sounds like the best option, hahaha.
    -
    I've been experimenting a lot the past two months and figured out how to mix a pretty looking pink dye! It got my hair to turn into a softer pink as opposed to the super hot pink I had a few months ago and fades to a nice cotton candy pink after two/three weeks.
    *quoted image*

Oh my, your hair is so lush. What would you recommend for a more lilac-y or peach color? Also, did it kill your hair?
    Please read the signature rules
  • gingerginger i'm a monster!!!!!!!!!&a Seoul, South KoreaPosts: 7,002Friend of Soompi
    DeadSmile wrote on 25 February 2012 - 02:58 PM:

but that's 2 hair dyes. do you know one hair dye box that looks like that? and thanks for replying ;)

does anyone kno a hair dye similar to this?
    *quoted image*

I had a very similar color to that:
    q4.jpg

In this picture it looks more faded due to the editing of the lighting, but it definitely had an orangey-reddish brown tone. I used L'Oreal True Brunettes in Ultra Light Ash Brown. The picture of the girl on the box shows a very ashy light brown, but on most Asian hair, it lightens to a medium, warm-tone. I used it for yeeeeears and years without any problems.

-ginger
    kiseusecretlyjustyoursdy0wtx0xpxxCa.flashesofcrystal
  • EatMyTaroEatMyTaro Posts: 8Member
    edited February 2012
    @DeadSmile
    I think if you were to dye your hair with auburn red from garner frutuise your hair will fade into that color.  For the first month it'll be red but afterwards it'll fade into that color.  
  • nobody knowsnobody knows what I think outof thisworldPosts: 13,062Member

IDOL

tumblr_lzzhstOFdX1qa2mi5o1_500.jpg

I'm back to pink ;~;
    hopefully it'll fade into a nice light pink sometime soon
    I want a haircut so badly how do people grow their hair out

I wish I could go blond but last time I did that (and failed) my mom went ballistic on me haaaaaaa
    and since I commute I can't just pretend to be busy studying and not go home
    Kopiko0SceauOctopus__c.to_
  • DeadSmileDeadSmile Posts: 179Member

ROOKIE

edited February 2012
    ginger wrote on 26 February 2012 - 03:47 AM:

I had a very similar color to that:
    *quoted image*

In this picture it looks more faded due to the editing of the lighting, but it definitely had an orangey-reddish brown tone. I used L'Oreal True Brunettes in Ultra Light Ash Brown. The picture of the girl on the box shows a very ashy light brown, but on most Asian hair, it lightens to a medium, warm-tone. I used it for yeeeeears and years without any problems.

-ginger

wahhh!! ginger replied. omg you dont know how much i love you!! i'm a huge fan of you! i really like your blogs! :D thanks for replying! i thought you didn't go on soompi anymore but im really happy u answered ^_^ and im thinking of buying palty's juicy peach ;D
  • gingerginger i'm a monster!!!!!!!!!&a Seoul, South KoreaPosts: 7,002Friend of Soompi
    DeadSmile wrote on 26 February 2012 - 07:16 PM:

wahhh!! ginger replied. omg you dont know how much i love you!! i'm a huge fan of you! i really like your blogs! :D thanks for replying! i thought you didn't go on soompi anymore but im really happy u answered ^_^ and im thinking of buying palty's juicy peach ;D

:D I haven't been on here in forreeeever due to my insane work schedule. I kind of fell out of the Kpop loop but now I have a young employee who is *obsessed* with Kpop because a friend got her interested. Now, I feel out of date and like I need to a total refresher. -_-; SO....yeah! Thanks for reading the blog--haven't updated in forever other than my tumblr.

I have never tried Palty, but I've heard good things.

-ginger
  • -Mikki--Mikki- TorontoPosts: 323Member

IDOL

From this:
    6C191E98.jpg

to this:
    5637FD07.jpg

i didnt bleach my hair, and my hair was a dark brown, almost black, sept lighter brown in the light :P in the sun now, my hair like glows red, I LOVEEE ITTT
    Visit my blog!!!ladeeeda.blogspot.com! You will not be dissapointed ;)

loverain.Ca.sabrineezy:)elysium.
  • hellokatie1618hellokatie1618 MinnesotaPosts: 447Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    WORTH IT?: - YES/NO/KIND OF... - YES
    Natural Hair type:
    - fine/course: Medium, not fine not coarse
    - straight/curly:straight with slight waves
    - short/medium/long hair: Had long hair, now short
    - etc.
    Hair History: -
    -Virgin/Dyed ___ times (if so, what color and process, etc.) Pure virgin black hair. Dyed once over bleach.
    -Natural/Permed: Natural
    -etc.
    Hair color Before: - color before - Black
    Hair color After: - color after - Ash brown
    Bleach?: - yes/no - yes
    Hair Dye: - brand, shade, etc. - Loreal Quick Blue Bleach, and Ion Brilliance Medium Ash Brown. 50 minutes bleach, 50 minutes color. Ion Brilliance 30 developer for sensitive scalp, ION deep conditioner and shimmer lights purple shampoo for later.
    Price: - $ - All of this cost about 50 bucks, this includes gloves and mixing bowls and the products that I used above.
    Changes:
    - Damage? MINIMAL DAMAGE, MY HAIR IS STILL SILKY SOFT, SO SURPRISED.
    - Texture change? It feels really soft.
    Description: - " I wrapped my hair in foil, left it in for 20 minutes... " - I applied the bleach mentioned above to my ends first and then to my roots last. Put it in plastic shower cap for 50 minutes. Rinsed with water, dried my hair. Then I applied medium ash brown dye to hair, starting at roots first now and then to ends. Left on for 50 minutes. Rinsed with water then applied ION deep conditioner for 5 minutes. Then walah! All in one try ash brown hair. I was super lucky!
    Comments: - " I liked the end result, but I would sugguest... " -TRY TO INCLUDE PICTURES !
    I Hope this thread helps everyone out! <3

YOU NEED to have a friend help you bleach your hair. Or else you miss stuff! We watched it vigilantly to make sure there were no patches. I didn't get enough color either! I thought one tube would be enough since I have short hair. But we pretty much just ran out!!! So luckily, the top of my hair just looks slightly like high lights and I kind of like it. I was going for a Park Yong Hee look. I plan to go over with another light ash brown since I know this light color will fade. But I'll enjoy it for now. Not bad for at home! I did SOOOO much research. Also I'm not wearing makeup in my photos, but once I have my lenses in and got my make up on, definitely look like a Park Yong Hee wannabe, and it looks super sexy and sassy! I'll put pictures up of my process.

I DO have a question for you guys though. When I get regrowth, do I have to bleach the roots? or can I just use the dye I want on them and then put it on the rest of my head? Would it be even?

418263_3414305638023_1281520181_33411468_65960614_n.jpg
    For some reason my friend's mom had this? Sped up the process a bit.

428010_3414307198062_1281520181_33411469_1654878819_n.jpg
    Pretty good for one bleach session!

420109_3414312078184_1281520181_33411471_1812001279_n.jpg
    Under florescent lighting, lighter than I sort of wanted, but that's ok! It's growing on me.

428657_3414312638198_1281520181_33411473_913429072_n.jpg
    Regular low lighting, you see my accidental highlights? they're not half bad! lol

newhair.jpg
    Once again, how my hair looks different in different lighting.
    Appreciate the bad things in life, then will the good things shine through
    Ca.Kopiko0ahyungx3white.piano1minute1secondaiCheerioAmuTikalhammydrella;sabrineezy:)elysium.abouboo
  • o_o;;o_o;; Posts: 571Member

IDOL

edited February 2012
    little-fawn wrote on 26 February 2012 - 09:31 AM:

Oh my, your hair is so lush. What would you recommend for a more lilac-y or peach color? Also, did it kill your hair?

Thankyou! My hair is actually half pale-pink and half lilac now, hahaha! Although I really need to even out and get rid of all the orangey bits I have. I've been using conditioner + Fudge Paintbox mixes for a while now and they work pretty well, although you'll need to refresh the colours every two or so weeks. But with that method, just one bottle will last a looong time. For lilic, you'll need to bleach your hair a lot more than you would for peach (ie. you'll need around level 10 hair). Whereas for peach, you can pass with partially-orangey hair dyed with pink to get (depending on how dark/light you want), but as always, for unnatural colours, the lighter the base, the better.
    tumblr_m01ju7cAfx1rns6myo1_500.jpg

blush wrote on 26 February 2012 - 07:26 AM:

How damaging was this?!! And how blond did you bleach it (if you had to bleach it I mean). I've been wanting to do this, but last year I bleached my hair to dye it blue (only my ends) and it KILLED. MY. HAIR. My bleached area is still recovering. The fading process also looks so much better than the fading process from blue-->complete bleach blond. Blue fades to this nasty puke green color eventually D;

Since I bleached it over a few months every other week or so, it wasn't really damaging. If you run your hand through my hair, it's still relatively soft and I don't really have any split ends either. And when it's wet, it doesn't have that plastic-y, rubber feeling.
    I dug up a past photo and my hair looked like this (after a few rounds of pink hair then lavender/lilic):
    tumblr_m01kgbHa9g1rns6myo1_500.jpg

Dyeing over that leaves pretty good results, although chucking a toner in would probably make everything look a lot better since pastel or lighter shades of dye still tend to leave orange streaks.
    I've been thinking about dyeing my hair blue, but the fading colours really put me off. :3
    (I'm sorry for the really long post @_@ )
    ahyungx3loverain.Octopus__Kopiko0aiCheerioTikalhammysher.cccatherineelysium.jj_buta
  • iyagiiyagi 임진영♣ Posts: 1,505Member
    i've posted here a couple times, but i never filled out the information lol whoops.
    just went from light back to dark hair yesterday using palty's ganache tart.

WORTH IT?: i would say so lol
    Natural Hair type: straight
    Hair History: dyed multiple times within the last two years, once at a salon and a few more times with at home dyes
    Hair color before: last dyed with a blond garnier nutrisse dye. not sure what you would call this colour anymore LOL. it's difficult to get accurate pictures via natural light near my window because it makes the colours look washed out for some reason...
    DSC05230.jpg

Hair color after: ganache tart - turned out to be a very dark brown with some of my old hair colour showing through,
    DSC05253.jpg
    1330696020487_230801.jpg

overall i think it looks okay. i've had light hair for almost two years, so it's been a while since i've seen my natural hair colour or anything close all over my head. it's just going to take some getting used to because it looks so freaking dark, esp indoors lol. i like how it looks in photos tho. it's very close to my natural hair, but the tint on it is somewhat like a mahogany? i sort of like that haha. be warned, the box for ganache tart is VERY misleading. when i received it, i was worried because i wanted my hair to go darker, but the colour on the box looked so light. however i'd seen reviews from other people about the dye and their hair turned out darker, so i just went with it. this is a dark pigmented dye, the result will be nowhere near the colour of the girl on the box unless you have naturally lighter hair (like blond, etc.).

also, out of all the times i've used palty, ganache tart left my hair feeling really soft for some reason.
    sig-1.gif
    Octopus__
  • DeadSmileDeadSmile Posts: 179Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2012
  • misidentifymisidentify Posts: 119Member
    edited March 2012
    WORTH IT?: - KIND OF... 
    Natural Hair type: long, straight hair
    Hair History: -Virgin

before
    hurk7o.jpg

after
    m821j6.jpg

USED: natural brown bleach, golden brown bleach, sparkling blonde bleach, milk tea palty,
    ~$50
    I started bleaching at 4pm and ended at 2am. I kept having to use different bleach because the other ones wouldn't work effectively. I have very stubborn virgin hair.

Comments: - DO NOT leave in bleach thinking that it would "work" more if you leave it on longer. If it doesn't work in 30 minutes, rinse it off! I wanted to go blonde (ombre) at the tips, so I might have to buy the actual bleach from Sally's. Palty did not work well with my hair.

Here's the color of my hair indoors without natural light:
    tumblr_m05f0gNSjH1r5jlqq.png

indoors with natural light:
    tumblr_lyt7u0U5OO1r5jlqq.png

here's more about the bleach/dye
    iyagiitrayyaAmuxgreenteafrapdrella;sabrineezy:)
  • YUNICAYUNICA ★ 영원히 ★ lalala;lalaladbsg-landPosts: 5,763Member
    edited March 2012
    WORTH IT?: - yes.
    Natural Hair type: - long straight hair.
    Hair History: - highlighted once in saloon and dyed around three times in two years; once at saloon and twice using Liese Bubble Hair Color.

Untitled-254.jpg

first picture; it was taken early January last year, i have dark brown hair with (mainly) black roots growing out that time.
    second picture; tried Milk Tea Brown from Liese for the first time and i failed, LOL! the color was uneven and no bubble was form whatsoever.
    third picture; after two weeks, my second attempt using Milk Tea Brown again and this time, my friend helped me with the dyeing. :)
    and TADAAAA! picture taken w/o flash.
    fourth picture; picture taken with flash. it doesn't really look brown-ish and more of orange-y but it's okay, i love the color.

Bleach?: - no.
    Hair Dye: - Liese Bubble Hair Color, Milk Tea Brown.
    Price: - $12.
    Changes: - not too much damage overall. i remember the first time after dyeing my hair in the saloon, my hair was really dry and i will always have my Sunsilk Leave On in my bag. my hair was in a quite bad condition with constant hair fall and etc. so i was a little skeptical to try Liese but after reading the reviews and seeing how my friends were having no problem with it, i decided to try it and yeah, i'm loving it.
    Description: - not much, i just followed the instruction but instead of 20minutes as stated in the box, i wrapped my hair in foil, left it in for around 30 minutes. i guess that's why it appeared lighter and a bit orangey?
    Comments: - i think i will stick with Liese for a loooong time, i'm gonna try Mocha Orange next.
    gtumblr_lz4vqwbziH1qbbigzo1_5001n.jpg
    g1tumblr_lz4vqwbziH1qbbigzo1_5001n.jpg
    ______________________________________°â˜†.。a daydream away
    ____________________________________________________________________________________if we reunite in this place again ・°â˜†
    exquisite.sher.
  • inkstinkst Posts: 12Member
    edited March 2012
    hair history from aug2011-mar2012
    WORTH IT?: -yes
    Natural Hair type:<
    straight/thick 
    -colors always  fades very fast 
    Hair History: - dyed countless times 
    -i dont go to salon unless i need to cut my hair 

aug 2011 PALTY' milk tea brown' ,turn out alot yellower than i thought 
    2011-08-121606.jpg
    PRETTIA 'sweet pink' faded in 2 weeks 
    2011-08-222119.jpg
    bleach the ends, and the pink is FUDGE PAINT BOX in 'pretty flamingo' 

2011-10-261734r.jpg
    the pink faded in like 3 days ... 
    2012-02-1617562.jpg

dyed top of my hair dark brown , and tips is DIRECTIONS semi permanent in 'turquoise' mixed with toner 
    2012-03-031102.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg
    얼짱rae ✪aiCheerioAmuthe_wronged&lt;/3loverain.white.pianoKopiko0jj_butaHeroinesabrineezy:)elysium.
  • xmichelle_xmichelle_ Posts: 25Member
    does anyone know any dark brown red/auburn hair dye that actually last for more than 2 week? i used garnier nutrise ultra color medium intense red, and it always fade! or at least house to maintain it.
  • r-obotixr-obotix HoniPosts: 706Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2012
    Hello everyone! What's a good drugstore brand that can get me this color? I really like the violet tint.
    34ziyl5.jpg

I have virgin very dark brownish black hair. If anyone can help me, that will be very appreciated! Thank you :)
  • RinRin GreecePosts: 453Member

IDOL

Hi soompiers, I need your dying experience on something. I have dyed brown hair, it's a medium to dark tone. I have been dying it for the last year so the ends probably have gone through 4-5 dyes. It has faded to a somewhat copper brown though. So, I want to go medium/light ash blonde. Do you think I can get away with just bleach? Or do I have to use a color stripper first? I looked for the most known ones around here, can't find any...and e-bay is not an option since their prices there are way too high.
    Visit my Beauty/Fashion/Cooking Blog : Bluebird - Sweet Blue Paradise
  • hellokatie1618hellokatie1618 MinnesotaPosts: 447Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    Iru wrote on 10 March 2012 - 06:58 AM:

Hi soompiers, I need your dying experience on something. I have dyed brown hair, it's a medium to dark tone. I have been dying it for the last year so the ends probably have gone through 4-5 dyes. It has faded to a somewhat copper brown though. So, I want to go medium/light ash blonde. Do you think I can get away with just bleach? Or do I have to use a color stripper first? I looked for the most known ones around here, can't find any...and e-bay is not an option since their prices there are way too high.

You don't need a color stripper, if you have dyed brown hair, just use loreal quick blue bleach and it'll get you light enough. Don't forget to get a toner (just a color to put on top so you don't look all weird, coppery or yellow, so whatever blonde hair dye that you want.
    Appreciate the bad things in life, then will the good things shine through
    Rin
  • lolimoislolimois YOUR MOM OHPosts: 1,823Member
    before: 427551_10100750732218445_3431399_55275235_1709762157_n.jpg

after:

417310_10100753900369445_3431399_55292734_1471126665_n.jpg

this was not intentional, its just this color has to fade before getting to the color i want apparently. Had to bleach my hair two times.. o_O this was done at a salon + took me 5 hrs since it was the first time I was bleaching mhy hair (self dyed it many times though)

xReiko-LoveAsobiSeksuNesquickbooKopiko0hellobbyAlison 蕭慧宗sickest_femmecaroli55sabrineezy:)elysium.I_play_with_dollsHongstar