Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korean Mom And Teen Daughter Taking A Bath Together

blue_shoeblue_shoe Posts: 2,182Member
edited March 2007 in general discussion
- answered
Ok...so it never strucked me until my mom mentioned it today. We're vietnamese, and she's like "I don't know whether korean mom and their teen daughter taking a bath together is true in real life as in drama or not, but it's something I don't see in Vietnam."

She watch a lot of drama, so I don't know which other one she's talking about. The only one I know is from "Stairway to Heaven". You guys remembered? The step mother was taking a bath with her teen daughter who's like about 12? That's a step mother tooooooo, not her real mother. My mom said in the other drama which I haven't watched, the daughter is 14 years old.

Anyway, I find that WEIRD. I was wondering if korean people do that in real life as well.
Bore!!!

My 411

Replies

• je_amourxje_amourx THINK BIG Posts: 3,391Member
    I actually dont find that weird unless the daughter is grown up ... but other than that its a mother-daughter not like your bathing with some random lady in the street. I don't think its just MAINLY korean. Asians in general maybe?

When I was in my middle-school years and younger, I'd change in the same room as my mom and told her not to look, but she replied" I gave birth to you, its not like you don't got what I got..." L0L~~
  • I AM MOJO JOJOI AM MOJO JOJO Posts: 846Member
    well in korea there are hundreds of 목요탕 i guess it called bath houses but its just all open and like everybody just take baths together
    so i guess to koreans its not like a werid thing to do
  • &lt;3goesDOKIDOKI<3goesDOKIDOKI Posts: 6,159Member
    i dont find it weird if they're in bath houses.
    theres a lot of mother-daughters, friends, etc in bath houses

and they'll scrub each others backs.

i think it'd be more weird if they were sitting in a tub together or something
  • JF21©JF21© Posts: 3,369Friend of Soompi
    edited March 2007
    ^^

yeah..bath houses aren't that weird...but in the bathroom yeah..that's a bit weird for me being american.

i remember the scene the OP is talking about from Stairway...and yeah i even was like image...especially when the step-mom felt her up and made such a fuss about her growing...lol even the look on the girl's face was like image
    1*DEAR... 2*NEW marchO5O8 3*SBMT
  • INSANEINSANE kind of insane; kind of lame Posts: 3,076Member
    QUOTE(je_amourx @ Mar 30 2007, 02:27 PM) »

When I was in my middle-school years and younger, I'd change in the same room as my mom and told her not to look, but she replied" I gave birth to you, its not like you don't got what I got..." L0L~~

i'd do that too when i was younger
    when i was 5-6 i used to take baths with my mom
    it's not as weird as taking bath with them when you're a teen
    i like taking baths by myself, thank you~ lol
    you and me found something pretty neat.
    hi, butterflies
  • xjustsweetxjustsweet from stephie unnie&#39;s pocket&#33;Posts: 685Member
    hahas, ditto what je_amourx said. my mom would always be like "who cares, mine are bigger anyways" hahahahs! ROFL
    MY DIMPLE FACE! .
  • aymeiaymei nom nom nom! (: OregonPosts: 4,073Member

IDOL

I know what drama you're talking about

Its called "Autumn Fairytale"
    when the Moon Geun Young is in the bathtub with the mom. :]

its ok to a certain age i think once they're 7 they're old enough to bathe on their own.
    Currently loving: Haruma & DBSK and the last but not least SUJU <3
    avatar credits: please msg me if it's yours, I forgot your name :(
  • Janice&lt;3Janice<3 073108<3 nyc&#33;Posts: 4,307Member
    well in saunas or mokyolktangs they shower and bathe together
    but not in regular bathtubs... at least not me.