C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Guest peppermintsugar

Guest peppermintsugar

READ THE FIRST POST! Last photobucket update: 5/4!

CLBanner.png

CLICK HERE FOR THE SOOMPI CIRCLE LENSES PHOTO INDEX

DO NOT USE THESE PHOTOS WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION

R U L E S

1) PLEASE DO NOT ADVERTISE/PROMOTE IF YOU SELL/BLOG THEM (OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES)

2) SELLING CIRCLE LENS ON SOOMPI IS PROHIBITED

3) PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES, IT SLOWS LOADING TIME FOR EVERYONE!

**Update 03/07: You will be REPORTED & WARNED for disobeying the rules!!**

F A Q . P I C T U R E S . D I S C U S S I O N

Feel free to post your own pics of circle lenses! Remember to name what brand and type of lenses you are wearing. I'll edit the second post to make a gallery of soompier's circle lense pictures :]

Disclaimer: This thread is to share pictures and discuss all things related to circle contact lenses. To keep the thread open, please follow the rules :]. Soompi will not be held responsible in any ways should you buy the lenses and have any complications.

F A Q

What are "circle lenses"?

Circle lenses are cosmetic contact lenses that have a black ring meant to enlare the appearance of the iris. Originally from Korea, these lenses were made popular by ulzzangs ("best-face" celebrities) and pop stars. IE, Kim Namji is very famous for wearing circle lenses, as are most Chinese/Taiwanese "Pretty Girls" (Mei Nur). They give the appearance of clear, doll-like eyes and are available primarily to the Asian market.

Brands that sell circle lenses include Bescon (Tutti, Hypa, Freeteen), G&G (BT01, BT02, BT03, AIMEI/AMIE, I.Fax), Dueba (Barbie, Messish), Migwang (Aryan, Aines), Icon, Newvision/Neovision, New Bio, Acuvue (Acuvue Define), and FreshKon (FreshKon Alluring Eyes).

What is the difference between colored and circle lenses?

Both are available in a variety of colors and designs as cosmetic lenses, but regular colored lenses do not have a black ring around the outer edge of the iris. They are meant to change the color of your eyes. Circle lenses are means to make your eyes appear larger with their notable black ring.

Are circle lenses safe?

All contact lens (soft/hard/colored/circle/regular/perscription/non=prescription) are potentially damaging. In the United States, regular contacts need a prescription by a certified optometrist to be obtained because they need to be specially fit to your own eyeball. Cosmetic lenses that have 0.00 power (plano lenses) are legal to sell in the USA without prescription, but most stores require one anyway.

In Asia, contact lenses do not necessarily need to be given by a doctor, nor is a prescription required to buy cosmetic lenses. Circle lenses are particularly seen as unsafe because they are said to be larger in diameter then normal lenses. This allows less oxygen to enter your eyes, often drying natural moisture out and putting strain on them. They also contain color pigment which can cloud vision when the contacts shift.

But the "largeness" of the lenses are relative - brands in America sell contacts with 14.00-14.60 diameter. Circle lens brands are the same. If you wear contacts already, check the information on your own lenses to determine if the circle lenses you want are the proper fit for you.

Almost all circle lenses sold throughout Asia are imported from Korea. Big name brands are usually FDA and CE approved. There are some smaller, unknown companies that produce the lenses, but they are not approved. Most of those companies are non-Korean brands, though not all. Do not buy them if you are unwary of the brand or seller! Always ask the seller all questions before buying :]

**Note: Just because you buy circle lenses in a country like China, Taiwan, Malaysia etc. does not mean you are automatically buying imitation lenses. Just be smart and research before ordering!

Can circle lenses be prescribed?

Yes, they can. They are the same as regular contact lens. If you have 20/20 vision, you can buy non-prescripted/plano/0.00 lenses. If you wear glasses or are unsure of your vision stats, have an eye exam with your local optometrist.

Can people with astigmatism wear circle lenses?

This depends on the brand and seller. For example, G&G DOES make Circle Lenses for astigmatism, BUT these are not the same as their Circle Lenses or Cosmetic Circle Lenses. Research the brand to find out the best choice so you don't order the wrong kind.

Can I wear my circle lenses with glasses?

Yes, you can. As long as you buy lenses in PLANO/0.00 (no power/prescription).

How do I take care of my circle lenses?

You take care of them like any other contact lenses. You should only wear them up to 6 hours at a time and always keep them in a contact lense case with solution when you aren't wearing them. It's very important to put your contact on and take them off with CLEAN HANDS! If your hands are dirty, you can get debris or harmful substances in your eyes which can lead to irritation and even blindness! Wash your hands before putting them in/taking them out and make sure to rub your fingers with contact solution after washing your hands.

Clean your lenses before and after you wear them. To clean your lenses, with clean hands, pour some solution onto the lens and rub between your thumb and other finger. When storing, always replace the solution and clean the case so your lenses can soak in fresh, clean solution.

Help! My contacts are hurting my eyes!

TAKE THEM OUT.

Are they clean? Did you put them in on the right side? If your lenses are causing discomfort, do not wear them! Remember, they are cosmetic, just like eyeliner or foundation. If your foundation was giving you a rash, you shouldn't wear it anymore. Same as contacts!

Should I put in my contacts before or after applying makeup?

I recommend putting your lenses on before putting on your makeup. You fingers can easily catch makeup residue and washing them doesn't always get it off. However, if your hands are perfectly clean, it doesn't matter.

However, it IS easier to put in your lenses after you've curled your lashes.

How long to these lenses last?

They all depend. You can get them as daily disposables, weeklies, monthlies, 3-month, 6-month, or 1 year. Ask the seller and check the company website.

Do *insert circle lens* hurt? Are they comfy?

It is all based on personal preference. It can be very comfy on one person, or it could hurt like a mother trucker on another.

Can I buy multiple lenses and don’t open them, will they still expire?

Technically, most circle lenses last one year, so if you do open them then they last one year. But you can store them in the vial UNOPENED until it’s expiration date on the vial.

Did anyone buy from *insert random site/store*?

You can ask other members about their experience with certain vendors.  Although Soompi may display circle lens ad banners from time to time, they do not endorse any particular vendor.  Always display caution before buying online.

Why does Soompi display circle lens ads?

Soompi is a very large site and requires several servers and full-time coders to maintain.  Advertising is an important source of income for us, and circle lens vendors have always been interested in participating in ad buys with us.  For the sake of objectivity within the community, we abstained for years from allowing any circle lens ad buys, but we are no longer able to maintain such a stance.  It is not uncommon for sites to display ads without sharing any further affiliation with them, and we hope that our users understand that Soompi urges you to do research on ALL vendors before making a purchase. 

What is the average price for circle lenses?

Once again, it depends. For geo, the company is forcing sellers to sell geo circle lenses for $20.00. But you can still see it being sold for $10-$15. So $10-$20 is a good price. EOS, $20-$30 is good. For toric lenses, the most average price for EOS and Geo is $50-$55. Cheapest is $35-$37 for geo toric lenses.

Help! This is my first time putting on contacts, what do I do?!!

First off, have contact case and solution on hand. Second, WASH YOUR HANDS WITH WARM WATER AND SOAP. Place your contact on your index or middle finger of your left hand (let’s use our left hand for this example), and place your middle finger (if contact is on index finger) or ring finger (if contact is on middle finger) of your left hand and lightly pull the skin under your eye down. Bring your right hand and use either your middle or ring to gently pull the skin of your top eye up. Make sure your eyelashes are not in the way. Then slowly insert the contact in. Wait till you feel a cool sensation on your eye and gently take your finger off of your eye. And viola! Contact is in eye. If you’re still confused, when in doubt, either google/youtube.

I just received my lens, can I soak them in the same solution it came in?

No, that is not solution. So please buy contact case and contact solution :]

Are these circle lenses fake?

If you have Geo circle lenses and were made after April of 2009, you can check online with the Anti-Fake code on the bottle to see if it’s a fake or not. This is the website http://geo.fw1860.com . Other circle lenses company do not have this system. We’re in the middle of creating a photobucket for real and fake vials. So please post here if you are in doubt and other soompiers can reassure you.

You can find a list of very NATURAL circle lenses [HERE]. Please check it out before asking other questions!

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chickery

C I R C L E . L E N S . P I C T U R E S .

**do not hotlink**

Hah YooMi (Credits to Ulzzang Mania Thread)

hahyoomi.jpg

Kim RyangHee (Credits to Ulzzang Mania Thread)

kimryanghee.jpg

Kim Namji (Credits to Ulzzang Mania Thread)

namji1.jpgnamji2.jpg

namji3.jpg

Mikki (Credits to Ulzzang Mania Thread)

mikki.jpg

Im DaHye (Credits to Ulzzang Thread)

imda.jpg

77 (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

77.jpg

Angelababy (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

angelababy.jpg

Janni (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

jannigreen.jpg

Vicky (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

vicky1.jpgvicky2.jpg

Arrogant Berial (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

berial.jpg

Goa Li Bin (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

goalibin.jpg

Komi (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

komiblue.jpg

Lin Zhou Cheng(Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

linzhoucheng.jpg

Sherman Cheung (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

sherman.jpg

Jie Jie (Credits to 網路帥哥美女 | 大陸 台灣 香港 Chinese Net Idol Thread)

jiejiepurple.jpg

Meggy Mae<3

1027091230b.jpg

DSC08848-vi.jpg

Miz Valeer

BscnTuttiVi059-1-1-1.jpg

GeoSF-19054-1.jpg

LastPika052-1.jpg

PristineNyte

IMGP19891024x768.jpg

HPIM0743.jpg

**do not hotlink**

Guest NJSK.

S O O M P I . G A L L E R Y

ANGiEE

Bescon Tutti Blue, Grey, Brown, Aryan Free Teen Grey, G&G Dreamy Black

tuticollection.jpg

DSC019486119.jpg

DSC04603.jpg

SweetnSour012

Grey Circle

Bescon Tutti Brown

tehe_closexp.jpg

tutibrown_lens-1.jpg

darling

Bescon Tutti Grey

3-2.jpg

StrawberryPunch

Tear Grey, Blue, Black

TearGraysEye.jpg

BlueEyes.jpg

blackafter.jpg

iLov3Shou

(Blue, Purple and Grey are not Circle Lenses)

Contacts.jpg

JACKiEBOO

Blue Stars

starsuu1.jpg

ying02

circlelenskw3.jpg

<3AmazingAzn x3

eye.jpg

im` l0ved

Tear Grey, Tear Brown, 2-tone Brown, 2-Tone Purple, 2-Tone Grey, Green, Black

LIKE006small.jpg

DSC02028.jpggreen002.jpg

Picture19.jpgPicture13.jpg

blisskiss

Tutti Grey/Tear Grey

shh.jpg

WaterMelly

SM Purple

myeyeeeelv4.png

RAINii

Bescon Tutti Grey

file-2.jpg

chickery

Bescon Tutti Violet, "Superstar Blue"

Bescon Tutti Brown

img025-1.jpgimg087.jpg

img041.jpg

kyungxah

Tear Grey, Superstar Grey

eunice143.jpg

eyes3628.jpg

kp1shadow

Black Circle

SD531630.jpg

x3AmikaSaysHix3

Tutti Grey, Two Toned Purple, Tear Grey

00009908427.jpg

contacts.jpg

juicebox

Tear Grey, Two Toned Grey, Bescon Hypa Brown

circle3.jpg

tuttibrown.jpg

miye0nnshii

Black Circles

112806lala-1.jpg

cagedfayth

Black, Colormax Green

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

aRi. C

Tutti Brown

choahsun1.jpg

tokyollvogue

G&G Dreamy Black

DSC00384.jpg

elizabeth

Tutti Blue

el12kp3.jpg

moodibunni

Tutti Grey without flash, Tutti Grey with flash

P1010407.jpg

Amichanx3

Black Circle

iu64sh6.jpg

SophiaSan

G&G BT Brown, Cosmo Green, New Bio Superstar Grey

1175486512766100_haha.jpg

1175486311107920_P1170700.jpg

1165655417212157_P1150540.jpg

Dior

Mystic Black

thumb_flex-1175740214100570_file.JPG

booey

Bescon Tutti Grey

04.jpg

lovinhyesung

G&G BT Brown

circlelense1.jpg

JAMIEE

Aryan Tear Grey

sdfgsfdgfdgdgffd.jpg

Guest sushiwhore

inexplicableromance

G&G Dreamy Black

dreamyblacklenses3rl6.jpg

jamahyu

Amie AM77

Image5.gif

_BeLLe*

Bescon Tear browns

100_4088.jpg

100_4284i.jpg

july31st

Dueba ds21 grays

DSC09679.jpg

sugar_puff <3

Dueba Grey Circle

eyes.jpg

negapass

G&G

l_d40667055130f152cb5c2e5f2eab62bf.jpg

aquapoppie

Tutti Brown, Tutti Grey, 2-tone Violet

eyes.jpg

purple-contacts.jpg

imurnumba1fan

Tear grays, Tutti Green, G&G Black

lalala.jpg

i.jpg

img3.jpg

glow*

Tear Blue, Jewelry Grey

eyes02.jpg

eyes01.jpg

xxj3zz1kuhxx

G&G White Circle Lens

DSC04489.jpg

DSC04516.jpg

Joob

Tutti Green

906654e3924cjv6.jpg

babiebmine

G&G Black

DCFN0011.jpg

trango

G&G Dreamy Black

trangtie.jpg

dianahah

G&G Black, Tutti Brown

w88517413.pngw86046261.jpg

bliss82

G&G BT02 Brown

face1705072circlelens054-1.jpg

face1705072334circlelens014.jpg

husssh

Tutti Grey

eye.gif

c0c0nut<3

G&G Dreamy Blue

myeye.jpg

mrplump321

G&G Dreamy Black

DSC00396.jpg

moonyah

Stars, 2-tone Sky Blue, Black

stars.jpg

twotones-1.jpg

hmm.jpg

*MJ

Black circles

z89542084.jpg

Guest mmitsjojo

What is the difference between colored and circle lenses?

^also circle lenses are a bit thicker than regular contact lenses color or no color.

Guest tramy

woah!! they make their eyes look so big!! O.O!!!!! i want some but i dont really need them and they'll jst damage my eyesight. grr!! no chance for bigger eyes for me then. lol. those ullzzangs r heappps pretty!!

Guest Joanne <3

They look good, but even then I'm too afraid to take the risk of damaging my eyes using non-prescription contacts.

Also I agree with Jisoo, could you please make the font larger? :P

Guest ANGiEE

I got one of em.. >_< mystical black... and now grey.. Ill post pics next time.. hehe~

how is mystical black? does it make your eyes look solid black like the pictures of the uhljjangs above?

i really want a pair of plain black circle lens

tuticollection.jpg

my tuti lens

Guest popolala

it does make 1 persons eyes seem natural .. since some r actually popping there eyes out.. so the real lens will be in the middle! .. O_O .. i used to see these uzzlangs in some site and i really never thought they were circle lens.. its good dat i found out.. coz i always wondered how come my lens dnt look dat big? .. isit normal? .. but it does make ppl look more pretty! & its a good thing u opened this thread.. bcoz i c alot of ppl asking questions about circle lens! .. problem solved!

Guest oneimmortalsoul

I've always wondered why their eyes looked bigger! lol~ Wow I'd like some if I needed contacts X_X;;

Guest ginger

They create an interesting effect but I'd worry about becoming completely reliant on them for an every day look.

-ginger

Guest StrawberryPunch

OoOoOoOo..I Just got my first pair~ *Yay*.

Im waiting on my others. I'll post some pics up laters~

Gosh ya Gotta love them, they are sooo Pretty~

Guest happy_mim

hmmm.. .wow...

they look nice....

if only my eyesight wasnt so retarded...

one eye has astigmatism.. then the other eye has astigmatism and is near sighted...

oh wells...

i wanna see more people with them on...

thanks.. im liking this thread

Guest darling

My Tutti Greys <3

3-2.jpg3.jpg

& I have tons of pictures of different circle lenses:

Tutti:

tutti2kv.jpg

Neo Two-toned:

neo.jpg

Tears:

tears-1.jpg

Aryan:

aryan.jpg

Barbie Black (Ulzzang) Lenses:

black.jpg

Biti Brown:

bitibrown.jpg

I have some pictures of Korean celebs wearing lenses too.. Not sure if anyone wants to see. Let me know if you guys want them ^^

Oh yeah & I also have a lot of before & after pictures of people's eyes wearing circle lenses.. So if you guys aren't sure how one of them looks in real life, I'll be happy to provide pictures (but please do not PM me, just leave questions here to me <3)

Guest husssh

i just bought a pair too, g&g blackss. -_- i can't wait til the come.. i really want to see ifthey do make my eyes look bigger. if ithey do then i'll def. order more. xD but all the pictures loook nice, i like this thread. hahaha. ^.^

Archived