Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Replies

• RynagaRynaga Posts: 100Member
    edited July 2010
    Hiennyy wrote on 06 July 2010 - 06:55 PM:

I think this is a political thing more than anything. The say that circle lenses are a danger. Given, yes, circle lenses are lower in water content and can dry out someone's eyes easier. However... All contact lenses have a risk.
    But just because it is not "FDA Approve" they're making it controversial and scaring people from using them.

In the end, buying circle lenses will only hurt domestic markets. Doesn't that make sense?

yeah pretty much... politics. i doubt "safety" is the main reason they are concerned with these circle lenses. they are more concerned with how these circle lenses are "discouraging" people from going to optometrists and purchasing fda contacts from u.s. optometry clinics are probably outraged at how much potential customers they could have had but lost them due to buying contacts online without their "needed prescription". in the end, it's all money that matters that people care about.

the media's attempts with scare tactics is just sad. a majority of circle lens users have already visited an optometrist and know their prescription power. the circle lens wearers also purchase and wear regular contacts too. if we have a problem with our lenses, it's common sense to immediately take out the lenses and discontinue wearing that defective lens. with 1602 pages of this circle lens discussion on soompi... it's apparent that people are taking extra caution with how to care for our lens, learn about proper safety techniques and discover what brands of lenses are the best and suitable for wearing.

just exactly how many circle lens wearers so far have had to go to the ER/hospital from wearing circle lenses? if these cases of eye injuries or eye diseases are numerous, perhaps i can understand the dangerous potential of wearing them. though, if not a lot of people experience serious problems, then is it really worth trying to encourage the discontinued sale of them? it seems like right now there is mostly "speculation" of the hazardous effects with not enough concrete cases to support their claims.

and random, the reason why i personally like circle lens: honestly, i don't really care much about enlargement factor. i mostly like the color change, and i like circle lenses because they are "reasonably affordable". that is all. i only have one pair of lens right now, but i feel like i should start stocking up on more just in case...
  • sunni-kusunni-ku Posts: 8Member
    edited July 2010
    hey guys =) been lurking for a while, you guys all inspired me.. i got a big cheque, so i'm gonna buy some lenses~ :D

can we mention site's now? i'd like to know if this one site is a good seller or not..

also, are Honey Wing good for a beginner? comfortable, easy to put in/take out? anything i should know?

thanks~ <3

p.s i'm really angry about that news report.. got my blood boiling. circle lenses ILLEGAL? yeah right..

edit:
    i guess i can post the site :D www.honeycolor.com reliable? thanks <3
  • _YooMi_YooMi LOEL V.VIP Posts: 937Member

IDOL

edited July 2010
    i think abc and nyt missed the fact that people who wear circle lenses are aware of the risks and what they should to do avoid those risks. Its not like we buy a pair and just stick them on for a whole day without taking precautions, sheesh
  • PaintBunnyPaintBunny Posts: 39Member
    sunni-ku wrote on 07 July 2010 - 05:26 AM:

hey guys =) been lurking for a while, you guys all inspired me.. i got a big cheque, so i'm gonna buy some lenses~ :D

can we mention site's now? i'd like to know if this one site is a good seller or not..

also, are Honey Wing good for a beginner? comfortable, easy to put in/take out?  anything i should know?

thanks~ <3

p.s i'm really angry about that news report.. got my blood boiling. circle lenses ILLEGAL? yeah right..

I love the lens I got from Kawaiilovebeauty.com I bought 3 pairs for $60 (20 a piece) with free shipping (US) and a free Anna Sui inspired case with purchase of 2 lens. They also have good customer support and are willing to answer your questions. Go with Geo lens. Oh btw kawaiilovebeauty.com also are imported legally and have medical accreditation's. I am a white girl with green eyes and I love the Geo Magic circles they come off pretty natural and don't give you that fake contact "floating" look. Which I think is exaggerated with colored eyes. Colored ones I think look better on black brown eyes since its almost a blank canvas.....that's just my opinion though. But personally I love darker colored eyes.
  • TamiTami New YorkPosts: 980Friend of Soompi
  • Miz ValeerMiz Valeer U.S.A.Posts: 744Member
    So so so sorry for going AWOL the last week or so: I now have two jobs, so I'm working almost literally every day of the week. Bed time's been pushed up quite a bit. Haha. I missed so many questions, too. @_@

bigeyedchink- I believe the thread authoress, so to speak, peppermintsugar has a pair, and said soemthing to the effect that they're fairly dark lenses (correct me if I'm wrong, peppermint). As for pics, have you checked out the Soompi CL photobucket's Dueba DM23 Grey sub-album? Or how about Gaia's Grey Lenses > Dueba sub-album? There're quite a few pics in the Soompi one.

RedPandah- Oh la la~. I'm quite fond of the Ash Wings! I'd say they're a good choice, sure. And as for an average price for a pair of Geo lenses, I'd say that there's never a need to be paying more than USD 25 shipped for a pair. I'd say a good average price would be between $18 and $20.

PaintBunny- Haha- youch-- sucks that you were featured, I guess, but I feel like they simply went to the most recent page that was up at that time and scrolled down from the top. It could've been anyone who had the first post. Although, I'm sure if the most recent page didn't have pics of someone wearing lenses at the top, they would've scrolled down another page with pics. >.>'

sunni-ku- I love the concept of a 'beginner' pair of lenses. I feel like any ol' pair at, like, 14 or 14.2 mm would be just fine. I suppose the design aspect is what people are looking at-- not getting too 'fancy' a pair of first lenses (I did the same thing). Anyway, sorry for drifting off into wonderings-- the Honey Wings are a pretty good choice for a first pair of lenses, yep. If you're already informed about how to properly insert and remove contact lenses as well as how to care for them, then you should be set, really. :]

Also, yes we can mention sites: rule changed a bit ago (the topic's permanently set at the top of the main 'Beauty & fashion' forum). And as for Honey Color.... they have a mixed reputation: some people have a stellar experience with them (me, for instance), and others have a horrid experience with them (laokay. I believe had a bad order with them, as did several girls on the Gaia CL thread).

peppermint- Actually, I'm rather with you on the Gaia thing: the site itself (as well as many of it's forums make my heart cry sad tears, but I'll be damned if they didn't have more freedom for mentioning sites that sell CLs before Soompi changed the rule. S'why I made the other thread, initially.... still. Those little avatars are kinda' cute, I must say...
    I'm Miz Valeer, and occasionally- Noxin.
    I enjoy Kigurumi PJ's and other such cute things.
    P.S. OI! Check out my blog, <3 Occasionally Cute <3 ~!  C:
  • funkermanfanfunkermanfan Canada.Posts: 233Member
    Lol..I don't post much because I'm rather too tired or lazy to sign in. however, I check up on this thread everyday :) I enjoy looking and pretty lenses and reading reviews.

I find it rather stupid how the "journalist" or whatever she is didn't seem to really know much about circle lenses. How it's mentioned that using a lens not specifically designed to fit your eye is bad for you. What's mind boggling is that there are also US sites that sell lenses without a prescription or a doctors note. Also, these lenses are iris enlarging as well. How do I know..I've bought from US sites. I got venus ambers and they are as large if not larger than my regular geos. They cost me over 70$! Does that explain anything? Seriously...do your research instead of skimming the surface of a topic and finding a more recent story / celeb to base it on. IE: Lady gaga and her CGI video bad romance. I've been wearing lenses since I was 14. My eye sight hasn't changed. I can get your domestic freshlooks as a trial pair granted that I buy a box first! Just because something is FDA approved does not mean it is 100% safe. For example - Aspartame. Rejected several times by the FDA before getting approved - if anything, by fluke. Now it's in almost everything.

Sorry for the rant.
  • ankim1ankim1 Posts: 13Member
    edited July 2010
    peppermintsugar wrote on 06 July 2010 - 07:52 PM:

I think everyone should stop paying so much attention to this stupid media hype. So what? They're misinformed and they're idiots. Nothing new there. Drawing more attention to it probably won't do anything positive for circle lenses in general over here.

I agree. I think we've all read our share of misinformed articles telling us how circle lenses will give us eye infections, make us go blind, and die miserable deaths well before these recent reports. Worst case scenario is that the US FDA will ban the selling of prescription lenses in the US because after all, it already is illegal to sell any medical prescriptions in the US without verifying with the prescribing doctor first (this applies to circle lenses, regular contact lenses, painkillers, allergy meds., anything and everything that a doctor would need to provide confirmation for). So I won't be surprised if US sellers will have to close shop in the near future (I'm not sure how the retail of piano lenses go though).

But there are always loopholes. If you do a quick Google search, you'll learn that a lot of people purchase prescriptions from off-shore medical pharmacies without needing doctor verification. Obviously, if all of this information is readily available to regular ole' people like us, the FDA has already caught wind of it as well. So I can only assume that they just don't care enough to do anything about it since they only sell "harmless" medications- they don't sell SSRI's or any other meds with high abuse potential. And even if they did, once they crossed over into US borders, there is no way they would not get confiscated by customs. Of course, I could be wrong and the FDA could be working on some sort of regulation regarding prescriptions entering from foreign markets. But for the time being and for some time into the foreseeable future, I think that as long as we have foreign sellers, we won't have to worry about losing our circle lenses just yet.

And I know I'm not a mod of anything, but can I suggest that discussions regarding this current hype be redirected toward the "Circle Lens on ABC News" thread? It's kinda getting cluttered in here (being counter-productive here, I know).
  • MikichinMikichin Boredom is my game. Nah nah nah landPosts: 182Member
    wow I was gone for like 2 days and this thread goes crazy LOL. ABC is stupid.
    ♥ そして私は恋に落ちました。これからどうしたらいい?あなたが好き。♥
    なんてね~。
  • lovesbridelovesbride じょこ Posts: 2,120Member
    Wow, everyone's talking about the whole article and lady gaga thing.. although I do understand -____-

So thank you Batgirl for answering my questions before~

Anyways, I've finally decided to get both Neo Cosmo Sunflower Blue and Neo Cosmo Glamour Gray instead. However, I can't seem to find a site where I can buy these online ): Maybe I just really suck haha, but I did look through a couple sites. Can someone help me find a reliable site with decent pricing?
    Please kindly follow the signature rules.
  • sweethoneyysweethoneyy Posts: 15Member
    Does someone know a site where they sell circle lenses and at these moment they maybe got a promotion? like buy 3 get 1 free??
  • peppermintsugar wrote on 07 July 2010 - 04:52 AM:

Gaia is also a public website, it wouldn't make a difference. Not to mention Gaia is like, internet cancer but that's just my opinion.

I think everyone should stop paying so much attention to this stupid media hype. So what? They're misinformed and they're idiots. Nothing new there. Drawing more attention to it probably won't do anything positive for circle lenses in general over here.

That's true, but they seem to be only covering Soompi because the owner of Soompi is being interviewed for their stories. Plus I doubt the Gaia thread is going to be covered BECAUSE it's buried in a game's internal forums (it's probably more work to contact those and get clearance from who are in charge at Gaia).
  • sweethoneyy wrote on 07 July 2010 - 12:14 PM:

Does someone know a site where they sell circle lenses and at these moment they maybe got a promotion? like buy 3 get 1 free??

Cygnus Dreams - buy 2 get 1 free preorder

Kiwiberry1's Collection -buy 3 get 1 free instocks or preorder (mix and match) (highlyyy recommended -- Kiwiberry's awesome!)
  • RedPandahRedPandah Posts: 54Member
    edited July 2010
    i know i said i was planning to get geo ash wingss, but now im not sure. o.o
    i want grey ones for sure but which do you recommend?
    should i still get ash wings? xD

i like the look of these grey ones but i cant find them on other sites.
    the doll eye
  • hkukauditionhkukaudition Posts: 599Member

ROOKIE

RedPandah wrote on 07 July 2010 - 02:59 PM:

i know i said i was planning to get geo ash wingss, but now im not sure. o.o
    i want grey ones for sure but which do you recommend?
    should i still get ash wings? xD

i like the look of these grey ones but i cant find them on other sites.
    the doll eye

Hi! That looks like the angel grey lenses - i have them and they're ok... but in normal light i find that they arent all that noticible. If you look up angel grey you should find them - i think a lot of sites do the angel series... ^_^
  • TamiTami New YorkPosts: 980Friend of Soompi
    Does anybody know what these are? The pupil hole is too soft to be Dollyeye/V209's and the limbal ring is too thin to be something like Beaucon shimmers?
    thumb2.jpg
  • jellie_kookiejellie_kookie 만두 ♥ Posts: 1,400Member
    I couldn't find any sites that are legit AND offer lenses with grade.
    Could anyone please tell me some?
    twitter tumblr ;  411
    coup de foudre. 
    ♥
  • xNatsukixNatsuki Posts: 275Member

ROOKIE

edited July 2010
    MichellePhan responded to the ABC news article on yahoo..

michellephan.jpg

and here is a picture of those acuvue lens she mentioned.

1DayAcuvueDefineVivid2Big.jpg

Acuvue1daydefin.jpg

Acuvue_Define30_1.jpg
    applemint
  • dainanda123dainanda123 Woot Woot!! :0 MassachusettsPosts: 589Member
    In a way, I'm afraid to post any future reviews :sweatingbullets:
    I feel like the interview Soompi might change some peoples views, but since ABC is, well, ABC everyone is going to stir up commotion. Ah, I don't know if my parents will allow me to buy any lenses now, but I've had my heart set on some EOS lens :tears:
    I hope that everything gets cleared up, because I know that with proper care and use of these lenses your eyes will be fine.
    ......unique, undefined, different......tumblr
    banner made by angelfrmheaven_13
  • HeartOnHerSleeveHeartOnHerSleeve Posts: 1,670Member
    edited July 2010
    sunni-ku wrote on 06 July 2010 - 11:26 PM:

also, are Honey Wing good for a beginner? comfortable, easy to put in/take out? anything i should know?

thanks~ <3

edit:
    i guess i can post the site :D www.honeycolor.com reliable? thanks <3

I ordered from Honey Color twice...the first time, one of the lens was different (like I guess they pulled one vial from two different batches), and the second time one of the lens really hurt while the other did not. I guess it's just luck whether your purchase is a good one. I'm not going to say there's something wrong with Honey Color, because there probably isn't, but just be wary of those kinds of things...

Also, I think Honey Wing is excellent for a beginner. That and Angel Brown were my very first circle lens ^3^ Honey Brown is pretty natural and it enlarges. I think it's really cute.