Rig Pics

boka

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adionik

i think this is when you know you've spent too much money.. but in ar eal noob way. because you got a SLI board with a ATI card lol.. why not get like dual 7900gt's. woudl be more interesting. now you cant really take advantage of the SLI with your board.. but it's a nice setup.. i wouldnt have gotten the X2 4800 though.. ii wouldve gone for a opty 170 or a x2 3800 and oc;d the hell out of it.

i reckon you shoul get some logitech Z-5500'D's. they are nice speakers.. my mate has some and the sound quality is just amazing with his Audigy 2.

Dude you're a freaking idiot. That board is badass despite the decision to SLI or not. Even if he was going to go SLI down the road, the option to sell the X1900XTX for 2 Nvidia cards AND run them at 16X is always there. AND IT'S AN X1900XTX FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

And uh, as for the Toledo purchase, did you ever think to factor in the cache? Or the STOCK clock speed? The 4800+ can probably hit FX-60 speeds if done right. Can an X2 3800? Probably not. This is not even to mention that some people don't LIKE TO OVERCLOCK.

I think you've been living on budgets too long. Some people in this world have money. You don't always have to settle for "Similar" or "Close" performance if you're willing to blow the cash.

Guest NASRI22

Dude you're a freaking idiot. That board is badass despite the decision to SLI or not. Even if he was going to go SLI down the road, the option to sell the X1900XTX for 2 Nvidia cards AND run them at 16X is always there. AND IT'S AN X1900XTX FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

And uh, as for the Toledo purchase, did you ever think to factor in the cache? Or the STOCK clock speed? The 4800+ can probably hit FX-60 speeds if done right. Can an X2 3800? Probably not. This is not even to mention that some people don't LIKE TO OVERCLOCK.

I think you've been living on budgets too long. Some people in this world have money. You don't always have to settle for "Similar" or "Close" performance if you're willing to blow the cash.

yeh i forgot.. no one here uses the word "budget". did i tell the guy to ditch his 4800 x2 and get a opty ?? no i didnt.. i said "I WOULDVE" .. not "YOU SHOUDLVE".. read it right mate.. it's my own opinion. he doesnt have to listen to me if he doesnt want to.

Guest Adionik

Inferring your opinion in a degrading way as if you were right alongside name calling, i'd say I did read it right. Noob.

I assume i'm just sick of the DIME-A-DOZEN people talkin' about their awesome suggestions.

Guest NASRI22

Inferring your opinion in a degrading way as if you were right alongside name calling, i'd say I did read it right. Noob.

I assume i'm just sick of the DIME-A-DOZEN people talkin' about their awesome suggestions.

i'm a gamer... i use the term noob a lot... meaning he doesnt know what he's doing?.. just buy the best.. and not know what advantages he can take... if he did sell the x1900xtx then he'd lose a lot considering people who would consider buying it can bargin their way down to a good price..

well i'm sorry .. money doesnt grow on trees here in australia.. and not everyone here has freaking 24" wide screen dell's.

you replied talking about how bad the x2 3800 is.. well fair enough.. what about the opty 170.. go to a comptuer forum (such as www.overclockers.com.au) and do some research on WHY the opty 170 is better, i bet you didnt know opty's have better mem controllers than A64's and the majority of optys clock higher than a64's. you wondered why so many people here in aus are moving from a64's to opty's... well now you know why.. most of my friends who have had opty's have hit 3ghz or just below.. they moved to optys because they couldnt get much out of a64's.

if you find the term noob offensive then sorry, i never met anyone who took the term noob that offensively. =P

Guest Adionik

i'm a gamer... i use the term noob a lot... meaning he doesnt know what he's doing?.. just buy the best.. and not know what advantages he can take... if he did sell the x1900xtx then he'd lose a lot considering people who would consider buying it can bargin their way down to a good price..

well i'm sorry .. money doesnt grow on trees here in australia.. and not everyone here has freaking 24" wide screen dell's.

you replied talking about how bad the x2 3800 is.. well fair enough.. what about the opty 170.. go to a comptuer forum (such as www.overclockers.com.au) and do some research on WHY the opty 170 is better, i bet you didnt know opty's have better mem controllers than A64's and the majority of optys clock higher than a64's. you wondered why so many people here in aus are moving from a64's to opty's... well now you know why.. most of my friends who have had opty's have hit 3ghz or just below.. they moved to optys because they couldnt get much out of a64's.

if you find the term noob offensive then sorry, i never met anyone who took the term noob that offensively. =P

You...game on a 6600gt?

Guest NASRI22

You...game on a 6600gt?

well being a student.. i dont have a lot of money because i'm still studying... i dont have a parttime job because i dont have any time because i'm doing all hard subjects... gaming means i occaasionally play css or pes5 when i have finsihed most of my work.

a 6600gt is more than enough for css and pes5.. i can run css & pes5 at 1280X1024 on full detail with full AA and AF. i dont see a point in forking out more money on a new video card....

damn.. that hurts. I definately couldn't afford a x2 4800+ let alone a x2 3800+ and I work fulltime. lol

well that's also considering I don't spend most my money on computer+gaming. but still.. =(

budget gamer club.. unite! lol

Guest NASRI22

damn.. that hurts. I definately couldn't afford a x2 4800+ let alone a x2 3800+ and I work fulltime. lol

well that's also considering I don't spend most my money on computer+gaming. but still.. =(

dam straight... who says 6600gt isnt enough for games.. i can even run fear pretty well.. good graphics isnt everything.. if you are good at the game then it doesnt matter...

have you seen those gaming forums?? peopel play css @ 800x600 for god sakes.. and they are freaking pro .. so it just goes to show you dont need a high end graphics card to pwn peopel. my friend has a 7800gtx and it feels just about the same on 1280x1024 to me with my 6600gt.. i dont see why we need to upgrade.

Guest Adionik

Haha...I just don't see myself purchasing a piece of hardware one time (Well atleast for a few months) and not spending a lil extra on it if I could...considering that it's going to SIT there for months.

Guest TrainDriver

well put it this way, a 3800+ and 7800gt can run everything max today. future proof is pretty bad to buy now because of dx10 and games hitting the "next-gen". 512mb ram on the gfx will be minimum for high res textures. if u've got money wait till the g80 and conroe come out.

Guest NASRI22

well put it this way, a 3800+ and 7800gt can run everything max today. future proof is pretty bad to buy now because of dx10 and games hitting the "next-gen". 512mb ram on the gfx will be minimum for high res textures. if u've got money wait till the g80 and conroe come out.

512 onboard gpu sounds too high still ahahah. i heard they are working on a 1GB gpu ram btu they need to make the gpu's 65nm or something. they couldnt acheive it with the 90nm 7900's. =(

Guest gEkO

I see you collect blank media like me too!

Only one spindle wasn't completely burned :D

i think this is when you know you've spent too much money.. but in ar eal noob way... well i'm sorry .. money doesnt grow on trees here in australia.. and not everyone here has freaking 24" wide screen dell's... i dont have a lot of money because i'm still studying... i dont have a parttime job because i dont have any time because i'm doing all hard subjects...

lol I'm not much of a troll so I won't even bother... just this, I'm not a rich kid and money doesn't grow on trees in the US either I'm a CIS major Japanese minor (you're like what? 16? how hard can the subjects be...), work about 35hrs/wk at a mortgage company, and probably I already make more than what you ever will.

Guest NASRI22

Only one spindle wasn't completely burned :D

lol I'm not much of a troll so I won't even bother... just this, I'm not a rich kid and money doesn't grow on trees in the US either I'm a CIS major Japanese minor (you're like what? 16? how hard can the subjects be...), work about 35hrs/wk at a mortgage company, and probably I already make more than what you ever will.

dude.. i do all hard subjeccts.. i'm not one of those drop outs from high school you know... i do maths 1,2,3,4 physics, chemistry and biology.. you think about how much harder it can get... not to forget i do tutors on sundays and sat.... so that cancels out working on the weeekend. well do you know what i'm planning on doing after year 12? no you dont... so dont say anything.

ah the dramas of speccing out computers. sure, gecko's system could be more cost effective but in the end it's still a good system - i don't think it's worth listing education details over :lol:

mangujowa: damn, my ancient ibm r32 can only do up to 1024x768

ah the dramas of speccing out computers. sure, gecko's system could be more cost effective but in the end it's still a good system - i don't think it's worth listing education details over :lol:

:lol: my dedicated download sometimes AIM and soompi computer is spec'ed lower than your r32 :crazy:

T20 @866mhz :P

Guest NASRI22

well he's got the impression that i'm a low life drop out... how nice.

Guest TrainDriver

512 onboard gpu sounds too high still ahahah. i heard they are working on a 1GB gpu ram btu they need to make the gpu's 65nm or something. they couldnt acheive it with the 90nm 7900's. =(

well sad thing is our 256mb gpu's will be obsolete soon :( ghost recon on pc (even though its a terrible game) requires 512mb for the max res textures. pc hardware, can't keep up with it. straight after u buy ur new dx10 g80 chips, nvidia announces the g90.

Guest NASRI22

well sad thing is our 256mb gpu's will be obsolete soon :( ghost recon on pc (even though its a terrible game) requires 512mb for the max res textures. pc hardware, can't keep up with it. straight after u buy ur new dx10 g80 chips, nvidia announces the g90.

yeh video cards move too fast imo.. they usually release their new core near 3rd quarter of the year. so i'm assuming the g80 will come out in like... sep maybe. hopefully it will support 1GB onboard VRAm haha.. that will burn a hole in all of our wallets =P. i'm guessing its goign to be like a 65nm core.

well he's got the impression that i'm a low life drop out... how nice.

yeah, having a look at his reply again, it did seem a bit patronising rather than argumentative. oh well...

re: vid cards... you know, for such seemingly huge improvements in GPU power, the actual graphics don't look that much more impressive... i mean compare GR:AW to the very, very similar SW:RC and the latter almost looks better, despite being released quite some time ago and using much less resources

for the record, SW:RC (single player) had a much more fluid team command system and was a much more light-hearted game, mostly comprising of bug/droid blasting mayhem. on the other hand, the GR:AW AI teammates are pretty stupid and difficult to control and would almost walk backwards into battle before complaining about enemy fire (this has nothing to do with my poor commanding, i swear).

Archived