Ella Koon --- 官恩娜

Guest ichigo_no_powder

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest parismoon

this might be a lil late but i just saw the video of her singing endless love, makes me wonder, and the climb and i just have to say that she is amazinggggg!!! i think she is one of the very few hk singers that i like :D

i wasnt a big hk music fan but i will definitely start :D too bad ella didnt have much good songs out there but she is getting lots of attention now cuz of her performance of endless love :D

hope to see more of her in the future ^^

• 5 years later...

Ella Koon announces engagement; marrying doctor boyfriend next yearSource: The SunTranslated by: Chloe.C
1385831_10152842215364834_37791717815952

Earlier, Ella Koon, who had stopped all her jobs due to diagnosis of Bell's Palsy, announced yesterday night that she and her mixed doctor boyfriend, Domingo, are engaged, and even posted her sweet engagement photos taken in Paris! Yesterday, Ella wore her enormous diamond ring to a function and happily shared her happiness with everyone. She laughed saying she is so nervous and that she would not be an unmarried mother!
Although 35 year old singer, Ella Koon, was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy earlier, causing her right face unable to move, her 6 year foreign doctor boyfriend, Juan-Domingo Maurellet was still by her side and never gave up on her, making Ella very touched. She laughed saying it proves her boyfriend doesn't like her for her face! With her boyfriend's close care, Ella's condition improved quickly, and had announced last month that she would be returning to work. Yesterday, at around 3 am, she announced on Weibo that she and Domingo are engaged, definitely double happiness: "I am feeling very excited right now! I need to announce to everyone! We are engaged!" and also uploaded a picture of them in Paris. In the photos, they were wearing simple clothes, hugging and looking at each other in the sunlight, indeed very sweet!
Willing to marry even with no car, no house
After her marriage announcement, Ella attended a function for UNIQLO yesterday, and showed off her enormous proposal diamond ring, but she did not reveal how many carats it was. (Media estimates at least 5 carats) She laughed: "Don't be so realistic, being able to find someone suitable for yourself is very hard!" Ella received many blessings from her fans and her friends, she expressed this is her happiest moment in her life so far in 35 years. When asked about the proposal, she sweetly revealed that she was very surprised. She was unwilling to reveal the date of her engagement, but only admitted that her boyfriend did propose on one knee: "He proposed in Hong Kong, but I did not guess that he would propose! (You don't mind that your boyfriend doesn't have a car or property?) I didn't think about that! Living for 35 years, I've never felt so happy. The first time feeling that someone wants you to be his wife is actually very sweet! He did go down on his knee, but I thought he was just playing because the whole day he was being sweet and playful. Until I saw the ring, then I realized it was real!" 
Living together, won't be scared of having a baby
Ella expressed that they had planned long ago to go to Paris to take pictures, and even laughed she wasn't able to sleep because she wanted to upload the pretty photos! She clarified that she did not purposely hide the news: "We were actually engaged long ago, even before my Bell's Palsy. It's just that I wanted to take care of the pre-wedding photos first before announcing. (When will you get married?) Definitely not this year for sure, probably next year. We may not have a big wedding, because I usually don't like too much drama. Most importantly is both sides of the family are all there." Although they are already engaged, but they will not live together. She said: "I don't like living together (before marriage), but he can come and stay more often." She expressed that they have plans and won't be afraid of any "accidents"; she will not be an unmarried mother! 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ella Koon denies pregnancy rumoursElla Koon denies pregnancy rumours

16 Nov – Cantopop singer Ella Koon has recently dismissed rumours of her pregnancy.

As reported on Mingpao News, the singer, who sparked speculations of a bun in the oven when she attended an event wearing a pair of flat shoes and lose skirt recently, laughed off the notion, saying, "Don't scare me like that!"

"I have always counted my menstrual cycle, so there is no confusion," she said.

Ella added that she only wore her flat shoes and loose skirt for the event and it has nothing to do with being pregnant or not.

On the other hand, Ella revealed that she is currently busy preparing for her wedding and hopes to make more money so that she and her fiancé, Juan-Domingo will be able to purchase their first home together.

Source

• 2 weeks later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ella Koon takes time to prepare for weddingElla Koon takes time to prepare for wedding

25 Nov – "I don't want to be a 'bridezilla'!" says Cantopop singer Ella Koon, in regard to her wedding preparations.

According to Mingpao News, while speaking to the media at Metro Radio on 24 November, the recently engaged singer disclosed that she has yet to finalise anything in relation to her wedding day.

"A lot of brides turn crazy when they are in the preparatory process. I don't want to be like that," said Ella.

The singer also planned to hold a low-key wedding ceremony in Hong Kong, and therefore, will have no need to focus much on preparation.

"I don't want it to be complicated. So before the wedding, I will have no problem to focus on my work," she said.

Asked when her wedding will be, Ella said that it may only be held in the middle or end of next year.

Source

• 1 month later...

Ella Koon's father gives her expensive pearl necklace as wedding gift

news12.jpg
35 years old singer, Ella Koon (官恩娜) and her Eurasian doctor boyfriend, Juan, (32 years old) will be getting married before Lunar New Year. Ella's father is in jewellery business and gave her expensive jewellery. Ella was very touched and said: "Is daughter really considered as her father's lover in the previous life? My father knows I am getting married and prepares many surprises for me. When he gives me the surprise, I tell him it is unsuitable as it is too grand and expensive. I guess he must be heart-broken at that time and he does not say anything. One day, my father tells me that he knows I like something simple and he hopes I like the present. I know he does not understand my choice but understand he dotes on me very much." In the photo, the present is a pearl necklace and Ella's father indeed loves her very much.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

Source: The SunImages: MingPao / The SunTranslated by: Chloe.C
Ella Koon marries in low-profile to doctor boyfriend, Domingo
Goddess, Ella Koon is officially married! She and her Chinese-French doctor boyfriend, Juan-Domingo Maurellet dating for 6 years, and the day before, under the witness of both their parents, the two secretly got married in Hong Kong. Although their wedding was very low-profile, a lot of money was spent on it, with 1 million HKD on the wedding, in addition to 10 million HKD of dowry. No wonder Ella couldn't hold in her happiness and announced yesterday: "I am already married!" 
Ever since 35 year old Ella Koon announce her marriage news on Weibo last November, she had held in when her marriage date is. Even earlier, when she attended a function, she would only reveal that her wedding would be held before Chinese New Year. Yesterday, Ella created a surprise once again, announcing through her record company, Warner Music: "I am already married!" 
Took 1 month off for honeymoon
The day before, Ella and Domingo secretly signed their papers; although the wedding was very low-profile, it was still very grand! According to sources, the whole wedding cost around 1 million HKD. Ella's father, who has the nickname of "Jewelry King", gifted approximately 10 million HKD dowry, including a set of pearl earrings, necklace and two gold wedding bracelets! Because Domingo prefers to be low-key, plus Ella's mother doesn't like being in exposure, the guest list had a limited number of people, all being close friends and family. There were no artistes from the entertainment industry that attended. On the wedding night, Ella only invited a few of her company's executives, including Warner's managing director, Mr. Lee. When interviewed, he gave his blessings: "It feels like marrying half a daughter! The wedding was very simple and touching, the two of them cried a few times. Very happy for her. But I promised her father, so I cannot say any details!" 
The wedding was filled with laughter and tears. When Ella and Domingo read their vows and promised to love each other forever, the couple was touched to tears! They also thanked both their parents for their nurture, allowing them to be able to know each other, meet each other and love each other. According to sources, Ella already took leave from her company for 1 month to go on her honeymoon, and the two had left right after their wedding to Tahiti, where Ella was born and Domingo's hometown in France. 
Will continue her entertainment career
Hard to hide her happiness, Ella thanked all media and friends for their care and blessings: "I know a lot of my reporter friends have been trying to find out about my marriage, but in respect for both our parents, we hope to keep low-profile, so we did not invite any media. Please forgive us!" She admitted that there was a lot of pressure during the planning, but it was also very sweet burden: "The wedding was a smooth success. At the same time, I must thank my husband, Domingo for his love and care. In the future, I will still continue my entertainment career. I hope to have good results in my music to thank my fans for their support." Last night, Ella uploaded two marriage photos on Instagram and wrote in French: "Love is forever!" Her record company expressed that because this is a big life event, they will respect Ella and handle the matters in low-profile. They emphasized that the two did not get married because of pregnancy! Other than this, before, Ella had not planned to release any news about her marriage; however after discussion with her company and she also hopes to share this happiness with everyone, she chose a few wedding photos to announce her happiness. Ella wore a Chinese bridal grown and a wedding dress in the photos, and also showed off her square diamond engagement ring with her wedding dress!

Archived