Lee Na Young 이나영

j.lee

Guest run_lola_run

Although the story is not flawless, Runaway is still quite entertaining. :)

Yeah, Run Away does have some good Na Young moments in there. Maybe I will finish it up for Na Young's sake. lol. I kinda feel bad that I didn't end up liking Run Away as much as I thought I would, if that makes sense. But it was great seeing NY back, playing a different type of role and finally having a tv comeback after all these years.

I'm impressed with her acting, but its a pity that many international korean ent. fans, esp. the young ones do not know who and how famous she is in Korea.

I know, it's just too bad. But at least her DC is more active now. Already joined your site BTW! Love it!

run_lola_run, Thank you for all the updates dear :)

Haven't updated recently but you're welcome. Oh and thank you for posting all the pretty pics. :sweatingbullets:

Now time for some news....

Not this again..... <_<

Bae Yong-joon and Lee Na-young NOT Getting Married

2011/03/02

20110302seoulbeatsbaeyo.jpg

As the rumors surrounding actor Bae Yong-joon and actress Lee Na-young getting married have been getting harder to ignore, both stars' entertainment agency have spoken up. And the verdict? The rumors are groundless.

Yang Geun-hwan, a representative of KEYEAST Entertainment, reported to Star News, "The wedding rumors are groundless. This rumor circled Korea a bit in the past, and now it seems to have reached Japan. However, it's just a rumor that got out of hand; no truth to it at all". According to the recent rumors, Bae and Lee were set to get married this April.

Bae had even addressed similar rumors directly, denying them vehemently, last year. He explained that it was strange that the rumors started in the first place, because Lee played Bae's younger sister in the drama that they acted in together, "Did We Really Love".

Source

Of course this is not true! She is waiting for Kang Dong won. :P

I've been a bad Na Young fan so here's a late birthday greeting...

balloons1g.gifhappybirthdaycake173978.pngballoons1g.gif

and some pics from her Birthday celebration...

b55ae7f4.jpg

f76e70c8.jpg

img4863dh.jpg

Looking cute! Maybe it's just me, but she looks very well rested in these pics compared to when she was filming Run Away. I'm glad she's getting some rest now.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest run_lola_run

Lee Na Young and Kim Hyun Joong are nicknamed “the superior couple”

20110308nayounghyunjoon.jpg

Lee Na Young and Kim Hyun Joong got nicknamed as the “superior couple”, thanks to their good looks.

The two stars were paired to endorse a CF for ‘Coupang‘, in which they play two characters from a ’90s animation series called “Galaxy Railways 999“.

Although they’re both spokesmodels for ‘Coupang’, they were brought together for the first time through this recent video shoot. Still, staff on set report that they created great chemistry, and worked well together.

A rep on set said, “This ad will feature Korea’s best lovebird couple. Their synergy will be felt by our consumers.”

Stay tuned for an update with their CF!

Source: TV Report via Nate

AllKpop

LNY's Coupang CF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIG_oW_eXg0&feature=player_embedded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

Checked up on LNY news today and to my surprise.. Looks like my favorite LNY drama Ireland, is making the news again after all of these years...

if4dg2.jpg

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http://news.search.naver.com/search.naver%3Fie%3Dutf8%26se%3D0%26mobile%3D0%26tx%3D%26where%3Dnews%26query%3D%25EC%259D%25B4%25EB%2582%2598%25EC%2598%2581%26sm%3Dtab_pge%26sort%3D0%26photo%3D0%26field%3D0%26reporter_article%3D%26pd%3D0%26ds%3D%26de%3D%26sim%3D0%26docid%3D%26detail_and_query%3D%26detail_not_query%3D%26detail_or_query%3D%26detail_udp_query%3D%26start%3D1&usg=ALkJrhgsxW2L_D_EXVrVdYIkUJHQi2mJeg

I don't exactly know why (can't read Korean) but I'm guessing based on google translate, it's about a scene with LNY and Hyun Bin where he hits her on the head or something like that. Not too sure. If anybody knows, feel free to explain..lol. I'm pretty much lost. Oh well, good to see Ireland making the news, at least. :P

Actress Lee Na-young leaves KEYEAST

Actress Lee Na-young has split from major entertainment firm KEYEAST, her agency of five years.

A message posted on Lee's official website 2nayoung.com showed Tuesday that the webpage will shut down starting April 12 due to Lee's exclusive contract with KEYEAST having expired earlier this month.

The message added, "KEYEAST has been extremely happy and glad of the time it got to spend with Lee Na-young. We're very sad to see her go but we will continue to root for her and look forward to her becoming an even better actress."

Lee, 32, joined KEYEAST, formerly BOF Entertainment, in April 2006. The firm's major shareholder is top Hallyu star Bae Yong-joon.

Over several accounts since 2008, the two have been rumored to be dating although they have constantly downplayed related reports.

Lee first rose to stardom with TV series "Ruler of Your Own World" (MBC, 2002) and has appeared in several films and dramas. Most recently, she starred in "Fugitive: Plan B (KBS, 2010)" alongside actors Rain and Daniel Henney.

source: 10.asiae.co.kr

-------------

I'm surprised. Not sure if it is due to the marriage rumor but hopefully she'll start her own company.

Guest run_lola_run

^I'm kind of sad about her leaving KeyEast :unsure: but hopefully it's for the better. That would be great if she started her own company! Hopefully we find out soon.

Now that her official site is closing, I hope she will officially start using Twitter. :sweatingbullets:

Lee Na Young does not renew her contract with KeyEast

From Bae Yong Joon’s “fiancee” to previous employee. Only a month ago it was widely rumored and later denied that Bae Yong Joon and Lee Na Young were scheduled to wed but now it seems Lee Na Young has decided not to renew her five year contract with the talent agency. Unfortunately, this is actually true. It seems that the actress and the agency are not leaving on bad terms. This was a natural split and she continues to star in the film Howling (tentative title).

There have been no announcements as to whether she will join another agency anytime soon.

source: john teshyeahasiandrama.tumblr.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest run_lola_run

Some Lee Na Young related news...

Kim Ki-duk’s Arirang wins at Cannes

Director Kim Ki-duk has picked an award at Cannes International Film Festival for his film Arirang, taking home the top prize in the Un Certain Regard section along with Andreas Dresen’s Halt Auf Freier Strecke (Stopped On Track).

The film received a standing ovation at Cannes when it screened to approximately 2,000 viewers there, and it’ll be interesting to see how that affects its response in Korea, if at all, as it’s been peppered with criticism there. (Here’s a well-written review in English, from The Hollywood Reporter.)

Kim has long had a contentious relationship with the industry in Korea, while being lauded overseas for his indie arthouse films (3-Iron, Samaritan Girl, Coast Guard and Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter…And Spring are some of his more well-known films). While other Korean directors like Park Chan-wook and Bong Joon-ho are respected both at home and abroad, it’s not quite the case for Kim, whose movies are often commercial flops domestically. He’s developed a reputation for being a “bad boy” of cinema, and Arirang takes that reputation, inflates it by about a thousand percent, and flings it back in the faces of his detractors.

The film is documentary-style and features himself in a cabin, edited in an experimental fashion as a dialogue with himself (in three distinct personas), reflecting on his 15-year-long career. He doesn’t hold anything back, and at points swears and rails at the camera, and himself, about the pains and betrayals he’s felt by moviegoers and others in the industry, including his protégé Jang Hoon (who left to work on a major film production).

Kim was reportedly spurred to make Arirang after the traumatizing accident on set of his 2008 film Dream, in which Lee Na-young almost died while filming a suicide (hanging) scene. In a letter posted on the film festival website, Kim wrote, “The countless people I’ve meet while making films…Human relationships that come together as if forever only to rip apart like tissue paper…All of us entangled by love, passion, hate and the urge to kill…To me all this is Arirang.”

Source

Wow, I can't believe she almost lost her life filming Dream. Now watching that movie will feel different. I'm glad she was able to move on from that traumatizing event. :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

My heart sank when I saw this news....

Lee Na Young involved in a car accident

33mndww.jpg

Actress Lee Na Young was involved in a car accident while filming for her movie.

According to police, on June 15th at 9:17 pm KST, 51-year-old Mr. Jung, who was driving a Carens, bumped into the 650cc BMW motorcycle that Lee Na Young was using for the filming of a movie.

Lee Na Young, who was filming for the movie, “Howling“, sustained some minor injuries and went home after visiting a nearby hospital to treat her wounds.

While being moved to the hospital, Lee Na Young told ambulance workers, “There are no major injuries,” and explained her symptoms to the workers. According to the police, Jung Mo, who collided with Lee Na Young, stated that he didn’t see the indications of movie filming.

The police stated, “We believe this accident happened because there were not enough safety measures taken near the filming. After making inquires about Jung Mo’s driving license, we found out that his license was revoked back in 2002.”

Source: AllKpop

I'm so relieved that she's ok and only suffered minor injuries. This is the 2nd time she has escaped death while filming a movie. That's crazy. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest run_lola_run

Lee Na-young 'shining face'

29w1y52.jpg

1zlreoo.jpg

2zgrbrd.jpg

Lee Na-young is wearing no make-up but looking like a goddess.

A picture of Lee Na-young under the title "A picture taken by Lee Na-young on her vacation" came up recently on an online community site.

Lee Na-young in the picture isn't wearing make-up and looking casual. Her features and white skin is so clear even without make up.

Netizen's say, "Lee Na-young indeed", "Her beauty is significant even without make-up" and more.

source

• 2 months later...

this thread is really quiet.

na young has signed a new agency few months ago. She's now in the same company (Eden 9) as Won Bin.

but the bad news is that she's no longer the face for IOPE and Tromme that she has been modelling for many years, IOPE since 2006 and Tromme since 2004. I guess it might be due to the change of agency.

now I can't wait to watch Howling but there isn't any news about the release date.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived