Experiences Of An Ex-trainee

Guest ♥fighter♥

Guest ultaeja

hi ^_^,

sorry this is so late that i reply, but i was busy. and wow i did not know i get so so so many replies. thanksyou for nice comments. i try to answer the questions, but sorry if i forget yours. just give me a remind. i can understand some are sceptic. this is your decisions ^_^. i don´t have reasons to lie about my status, because i´m not very famous or very rich or i don´t get anything benefit when i post here. i just think i share my experiences, because when i was at beginning i would be happy if someone share it with me. when writing my message, i corrected it many times with with dictionarys and grammarbook. in original my english was really bad! but i thought it was embarrased, so i corrected it 100 times. but later i was too lazy, so i stop. so only some parts are good, but the other are ><. sorry. i will update and correct later ^_^

about what charisma is, some already have so good answers! thankyou! so i don´t go into detail, yes?

it all depend on each person and company. they usually search for potential, who can be star. so yes, maybe your chance is better than a person, who can sing perfect (but has weak character). there are many factors: are you strong? are you a hard worker? can you stand pressure? all this counts. talent can seen in many dimensions, not only singing and dancing. much more is there.

ok, bai bai ^_^

Awww, thanks so much for replying ^^;; I really appreciated it^^;; Your english isn't bad ^^keke~ and you also took your time to write to us, so I'm pretty sure that all of us are happy^^;; Another question, though--

Do Singers get yelled at? Like if they perform and does a mistake as in forgetting lyrics or doing the dance wrong? O_O?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest swtstar~

Awww, thanks so much for replying ^^;; I really appreciated it^^;; Your english isn't bad ^^keke~ and you also took your time to write to us, so I'm pretty sure that all of us are happy^^;; Another question, though--

Do Singers get yelled at? Like if they perform and does a mistake as in forgetting lyrics or doing the dance wrong? O_O?

1) particular Companies (*cough*S****cough* you know) beat their artists and scold them = NOT TRUE. No artists get beaten. it maybe happened in a few exceptions, but the staffmembers, who did were black sheep. it is not allowed and not standard in the business. however, don´t expect your coaches and managers to be nice either. at times they can say harsh things and they punish you. if you make wrong things they say you have to knee for a hour etc. but methods like this get rarer nowadays and not all companies are so. mine was, but most companies rather expect you to work hard on your own or they just drop you (no need for scoldings)

I think this would be the answer ?

Figther - thanks ..wow such cool information >_<

you sound really professional =)

Guest CS1507

wow u were a trainee before... wow...

and thanx for clearing out the rumours and all..

and yes it is a hard business to go through and if u're willing to make a sacrifice... it's all good..

Congrats in finding ur dream and doing what you love now~! ^^

wish u all the best~! ^^

HWAITING!!!

Guest iya.donghae

Thanks for clearing up things! :)

Questions: can you study and be a trainee at the same time? And does the company pay for your educationn while you're a trainee? And the dorms...where would you live if you were accepted as a trainee? Also, allowances, do trainees have allowances?

Guest ultaeja

I think this would be the answer ?

Oh ok ><! Srry~

AFter the contract with a trainee is done and since they paid for everything, do you have to pay them back if you don't sign again with them?

Guest swtstar~

actually

I dun wanna be annoying or seem like miss know it all

but if you do a bit research,many answeres can be answered already

The company invests money in you,you earn it back when u debute

(or with open shows or so i guess).

Think they will only pay for ur singing/dancing

whatever other lessons.. so only the lessons that has profit for the company itself to make u a star.

(would be the most logical answer?).So they wont give you an allowence.

Most trainees are quite young and if they want to

they can go to school and be a trainee at the same time.

Theres this international school in korea,

I dunno what school and which trainees but i know for sure some SM trainees went there

But im not totally sure about the paying back method.. i actually assume you dont have to pay back

otherwise it would be like paying ur company to be a trainee

and we all know we shouldnt investigate in them but they should investigate in us

so.. uhm Fighter .. if I gave some false information please say so

this is all is based on what I've read on soompi and some are assumings and guessings

omg i sound like a know it all.. i think i've read too many topics about these stuff xD

Guest stardust123

1) what if there is a language barrier, for example you can only speak english but you are asian? was there anyone like that?

2) They'll teach you korean if you don't know it right?

3) Do you get free time for yourself?

4) was there anyone that quit school? (even if they were young.) just to do be in the entertainment buisness, or does education matter to the company?

5) Did you make friends?

Thank you so much for telling us your experience, and helping all of us. :D

Guest swtstar~

1 yes cuz there are companies who have accepted japanese/chinese/ uh.. jyp had one thai right ?!

enough ppl who didnt knew korean or not good enough..

2 yep, you'll get korean lessons

3 yes when ur finished with ur lessons,between the lessons you get breaks (doh?)

and such and If i'm not wrong.. they get sunday's off

cant remember clearly about saturdays though..

Have seen hankyungs schedule and it was pretty cool.. many thought it would be tougher

but trainees always keep on training after theyr done for the day or so..

4 both,depends on the company ... eventually its ur decision

5 I bet people got some nice friendships cuz of their trainee time..

and again.. its cuz I've read too many topics about this lolz

my 2 cents and if I'm annoying with answering lol im sorry

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone/ fighter

Guest janethatpain

hahah thank you for thatt~

it cleared up a lot of things..

haha and gluck in the work you do in the future~

it sounds like a lot of fun :D

Guest lonelybee714

Wow thanks for all of the info! It has helped us who are all wondering a lot. Oh and I have one/two question(s), if you do get accepted as a trainee and had to move wherever the company your signing with, is it true that you don't get an allowance while you are there? Will you have to find a way to get your own money by your parents or find a job over there, etc.?

Guest tvxqsaranghae

trainnees dont get starved if they're asked to lose weight?

if trainees are asked to lose weight i think instead of the company telling them to starve, the trainees themselves will starve themselves and go on a diet~

Guest amandalil

thanks for sharing info! i was wondering...do you know any trainees that were accepted through mail audition or walk in audition? Being chosen is so so hard...and what criteria are they looking for to become a trainee?

Guest lunalie

wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience :) hehehehe i think we can all guess which company...

i have a few questions though. i hope you can answer them if you have time >_<

so from what you saw as a trainee, which company do you think is the best to join?

also, can you explain more about your hardships and the obstacles you faced with the company, to give those who are interested a better idea of the real experience?

Guest mandybin

woah i cleared me a lot of questions and all the info is very usefull

thanx u so much for share your experience with us

Guest annona

actualy i would like to asked a question about .. do they look upon weight very much ? ....or maybe do they look at your body sturcture too ?

Guest Hitorijime

^I don't get those type of people. If you care so much about weight, THEN LOSE IT.

And thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it.

Archived