York University

Guest Honey_Babee

Guest cfcong

Personally I find York cheap already haha

Most employers could careless where you get your bachelor.

It's where your Master's counts.

A lot of people are talk and no action, personally.

They bad talk York, but yet they stay in it.

If people were truly that better than York, why not go to another school.

Just my 2 cents.

When it comes down to everything, its not much money is lost, just time.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

But other than that, I don't really see how much the strike problem affects students who aren't international students or in-residence students (which the meal plan issue^). If I don't care much about the school year being extended a bit then how else could a strike affect me? :huh:

Summer employment, internships, travelling, etc. Couple of my co-workers are supervisors and were expecting to work full-time by May, but the strike has changed that.

I mean, if you don't work then it doesn't matter. For people whose financial requirements are met by summer work, it is.

Guest Anri Lin

^ Ah, I see.. so then it shouldn't really affect people who didn't have original plans anyway then, lol. Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah now I'm going to make an appointment for course selections =P Kind of exciting, but not too much, lol.

Guest Honey_Babee

^ Oh that sucks, you can re-fill it up though right? Although I'm guessing its because you've going to have to spend more money that's the main issue. Lol =P

Hmm, I attended the Spring Gala yesterday and I actually went through the Residence tour for Pond and it was just perfect for me but the bad thing was that now I'm wavering about whether I should dorm or not again. -_-;; The money is the big issue here. I'm already living in the GTA but it takes me almost 2 hours to bus to Keele, and around 1.5 for Glendon (I'm planning on taking courses in both the campuses). So I'm undecided about that.

But other than that, I don't really see how much the strike problem affects students who aren't international students or in-residence students (with the meal plan issue^). If I don't care much about the school year being extended a bit then how else could a strike affect me? :huh:

You can fill it up, but i aint no money for yorks nasty yet expensive food. <_< besides, if school were done already, i wouldnt have to spend all this extra money, so im soo cheezed right now.

arg

Summer employment, internships, travelling, etc. Couple of my co-workers are supervisors and were expecting to work full-time by May, but the strike has changed that.

I mean, if you don't work then it doesn't matter. For people whose financial requirements are met by summer work, it is.

exactly. i had to turn down a summer job overseas that would have provided me with free airfare, free living accomedation and a salary. O___o

^ Ah, I see.. so then it shouldn't really affect people who didn't have original plans anyway then, lol. Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah now I'm going to make an appointment for course selections =P Kind of exciting, but not too much, lol.

well.. about 70% students are planning to work during the summer so they can have enough money for next year and summer and it also sucks for the graduating class.

Guest yumiyuko

You can fill it up, but i aint no money for yorks nasty yet expensive food. <_< besides, if school were done already, i wouldnt have to spend all this extra money, so im soo cheezed right now.

arg

oh boy...talk about yorkU food court...*sigh*

dont i ever get tired of it ? :lol:

Guest Xiphias

hell yea the food court sux =_=....rather make my own lunch :D but the stupid pizza pizza in ross always makes me so hungry every time i walk pass it while going to class.... =_=||

Guest cfcong

the food court is okay but it's menu doesn't change often (more like never).

hell at least its better than some universities.

just sad that there are no restaurants around york campus to run towards for a lunch or dinner or something.

oh wells haha

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Okay, I'm at York like once or twice a week to catch the YRT and chill with some friends.

Last time I ate at the Wendy's, I was like crawling up my stairs sick x_x

Guest kor3an__

Okay, I'm at York like once or twice a week to catch the YRT and chill with some friends.

Last time I ate at the Wendy's, I was like crawling up my stairs sick x_x

Lol! What's up with Wendy's? I know sooo many people that got sick from it..as in like..throwing up and stuff.

Guest cfcong

Wow interesting. I eat wendy's quite often but I never got sick LOL and lately noone I know who also eats it recently with me has not gotten sick...Weird...

Guest yumiyuko

well sometimes wendys does really taste bad. one time the fries i had was so nasty. lol ! sorri for wendy fans but it was really bad !

though i dun really eat fastfood often...sux to have that fries on that time ><

well there are restaurants close to the campus though...10-30 mins walk -_- try pho viet the one at keele and steeles...close to Staples xD

: really authentic viet food ! xD

I rarely eat at York anymore, but when I was on res, I ate usually ate at the Snail because I lived in Stong :P Now, if I do eat at school, it's usually Falafel Hut hummus pita (yum!), the Snail, and sometimes Berries & Bloom (not too often since it's kind of expensive for what you're getting).

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Lol! What's up with Wendy's? I know sooo many people that got sick from it..as in like..throwing up and stuff.

I dunno man. I've noticed at that particular Wendy's at York, they make the food pretty quickly... kinda TOO quickly.. :ph34r:

Guest cfcong

I dunno man. I've noticed at that particular Wendy's at York, they make the food pretty quickly... kinda TOO quickly.. :ph34r:

i know what you mean too hahaha

Guest Honey_Babee

oh boy...talk about yorkU food court...*sigh*

dont i ever get tired of it ? :lol:

hahah. arg nasty nasty nasty foodcourt. im only there cause i chill there with my friends. lol and YOGEN FRUZ <3

hell yea the food court sux =_=....rather make my own lunch :D but the stupid pizza pizza in ross always makes me so hungry every time i walk pass it while going to class.... =_=||

its fresher than regular pizza pizza though. lol

OMG, my friend has boycottted wendys since first year, i swear they microwave theirfood. :ph34r:

Guest Xiphias

ROFLL, wow...never gonna try dat wendy's now XD , i think the only 2 places i tried was booster juice and this bubble tea place o_O, kinda tempted to try the japanese place at york lanes tho...o-o, is dat place good? xD

Guest DOVAHKIIN

OMG, my friend has boycottted wendys since first year, i swear they microwave theirfood. :ph34r:

I know eh! :wacko:

I order, I turn around 10 seconds later and my food is ready o.o

You know, Wendy's does always brag in their ads that their patties are never frozen... :ph34r:

Guest yumiyuko

ROFLL, wow...never gonna try dat wendy's now XD , i think the only 2 places i tried was booster juice and this bubble tea place o_O, kinda tempted to try the japanese place at york lanes tho...o-o, is dat place good? xD

the foods are ok though a bit pricy .

i just dun like their teriyaki and sukiyaki . (well thats only for me) and the omurice was disappointing. ;(

i always go for katsu . lol ! really feeds me !

Guest funkkeh

^ I personally don't like that Japanese place. lol, it tastes really average. Not the kind you'd get from like ... elsewhere not on campus. But hey, I'm a pretty picker eater. hehe :)

Archived