[drama 2007] Yi San - King Jeong-jo [이산 - 정조대왕]

Guest dramaok

Guest babymarzy07

^ hahhaha well why isnt she allowed to draw yet? that's weird..

ah so near yet so far! i wish they can see each other sooN!!

the adult dae su is funny!!

always worried for sooyeon..

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the night is pretty hot or the exchange of sword is tedious --;;; they sweat alot ...lol i feel like helping prince yi san er wipe his sweat away

E0500857100-36-35.jpg

E0500834800-36-30.jpg

E0500832500-36-28.jpg

flying kick~

E0501016100-41-08.jpg

E0501061000-41-39.jpg

E0501051800-41-33.jpg

ahh she was late .the prince was already gone ...she can only glance in the direction which he took ~

E05_001.jpg

E05_002.jpg

E05_005.jpg

======

1_filtered.jpg

1-2_filtered.jpg

SGPhoto_2007_10_0123_50_18.jpg

SGPhoto_2007_10_0123_50_31.jpg

from DC

yisansubtitlesbh5.jpg

EPISODE 2 *Ental*

Main Translator: MrsKorea

Timer & Editor: MrsKorea

Special Thanks to: Suz07

Coordinator: mily2

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Please help keep fansubbing alive by NOT hardsubbing and distributing any video file using our softsubs on ANY STREAMING sites/websites/

forums/newsgroups and online hosting services (such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.) Many thanks in advance :)

Thanks MrsKorea for subbing! I watched the first episode and the boy who plays young Yi San is a really good actor! Usually for period dramas I try to fast forward the first few episodes because I just want to jump into the plot without all the childhood or prior generation back stories but with Yi San, the back story is pretty compelling and the young actors are so good that I'm actually enjoying all this build up.

Guest Zombie

Rating for episode 5:

TNS S.Korea: 17.4%

TNS Seoul: 18.6%

AGB S.Korea: 17%

AGB Seoul: 17.5%

I believed LSJ presence is garnering alot of support from Damo & Lovers fans. :lol:

Guest dramaok

Yi San (Ep. 5):

yisan05avi000271804zz2.jpgyisan05avi000284684sq8.jpgyisan05avi000904103nf4.jpg

It's 9 years later, the year 1771, and Prince Yi San (Lee Seo-Jin) after surviving many assasination attempts, endures yet another and when facing his assasin, San asks the attacker to confess who was behind the order of murder and promises he will let him live in doing so, but the attacker eats poison and kills himself. The shadow of another attacker flies by and San goes after him but the man has already left. San then tells the guards what happened and orders for investigation, and just then King Yeongjo (Lee Sun-Jae) arrives, but the body of the deceased assasin isn't anywhere to be found, even though San left it on his mattress, and the guards also report to the King that there are no traces of any intruders. San realizes those who are behind these assassinations excel in covering up their own traces and the King is left to wonder about San's sanity once again. Next day, Princess Hwa-Wan (Seong Hyeon-Ah) comes to see her father, King Yeong-Jo and brings with her gifts from her trip, and the King laughs. Hwa-Wan Ongju then asks about the incident that happened in the Eastern Palace where Prince San lives, and says to the King everyone thinks the Prince was hallucinating again, but the King does not want to talk about the matter further. San fires his guards, whom he believes to be complices of the real attackers, and San goes to the training quarter to fight with with the palace warriors and wins over them, and mocks the skills of the guards and says it is no different to him whether they hire these men or just common men off the streets since none of them are skilled enough. Frustrated, San goes to see one of his only loyal subjects, Eunuch Nam, and before Nam arrives, San runs into a child maid who is startled to see the prince and apologizes, but San guesses she must be looking for the kitchen on errand from older maids asking her to fetch some snack and the child is surprised that the prince would know it, and San laughs as he says he is the prince thus he knows about such thing. He then offers to give her the cakes that are left in the Eastern Palace and once the older maids eat them he'll punish them for sending her on such errands. The girl asks how he could distinguish who the older maids are, and San replies he'll know by the cake powder on their finger. San sends her off, and when Eunuch Nam (Maeng Sang-Hun) arrives, San confides in him that in the past 9 years the one and only thing he has learned is that he is weak and those in control can do everything, and even the ghosts are on their side. Eunuch Nam tries to cheer him up but San instead hands him a small cloth that contains the poison from the mouth of the assassin the other night, and San asks him to go and investigate the source of such poison.

yisan05avi001098997mu8.jpgyisan05avi002097595mi6.jpgyisan05avi002398429ki0.jpg

Meanwhile, Hwa-Wan Ongju meets with Minister Choi (Jo Kyeong-Hwan) outside of the palace in a tea lounge, and the two who are part of the same political faction scheme something against Prince San. Hwa-Wan Ongju warns Choi they cannot let their guard down for the prince is already 20 years old and showing his strength. Elsewhere in town, Uncle Park (Lee Hui-Do), his nephew Daesu (Lee Jong-Su) and Seong Song-Yeon (Han Ji-Min) have returned to the capital and have been living here for about a year, since their exodus 9 years prior, and Song-Yeon has gotten herself a job as a maid in the art center, where men and women train to be royal artists, while Uncle Park works as a peddler selling odds and ends, and Daesu spends his days bumming around, attending in a fight match every now and then. Song-Yeon, who is gifted in art is often recruited by the artist Lee (Ji Sang-Ryeol) who takes on private art orders including ones of nude figures, and Song-Yeon though tries to refuse is often reminded of her debt to him for getting her into the art center and she has no choice but to help out, which gets her in trouble with the maid supervisors. But Song-Yeon doesn't complain, only she dreams of going into the main palace one of these days so she can see the prince again, but her friend and colleague tells her that's a hopeless dream, since she herself has been there for 10 years but still hasn't had such a chance, and the maids who are going to the palace are usually the ones who have worked there for some 15 years. During a night, Daesu covers Song-Yeon's bruise from working so hard, and Song-Yeon tells Daesu he should study instead of wandering around, that way he can get into the palace and they can keep their promise to the prince, but Daeso says such promise was from 9 years ago, and the prince must have forgotten all about them by now. Song-Yeon gets teary and says perhaps Daesu is correct but she still wants to see the prince one more time. In the palace, King Yeongjo summons San during court session and infront of all the ministers, the King tells San everyone thinks San is insane, and the king asks San if he is to which San replies no, and the King then assigns an important task to San of meeting with the envoys from Ching nation (China), so he can prove himself to everyone. Afterwards, San's maternal grandpa Minster Hong and his brother tells San that is a good opportunity for San.

dltks31064isane05kor071zf6.jpgdltks31064isane05kor071pi1.jpgdltks31064isane05kor071an0.jpg

Eunuch Nam rushes to San and tells him the poison he found on the assasin was 'unghwang', which is used to paint, but becomes poisonous when left for a long time. San is shocked that the assassin might come from the art house, and Eunuch Nam replies he will find out more once they find the sourcer from the art house, but San says lots of ppl come and go at such place thus it might be more difficult to find the real source. Instead, Prince San visit the art center himself, and the men and women of the art center are delighted by such a visit; however Song-Yeon is kept away working on an art assignment, and misses the chance to see San again. Prince San uses the excuse that he wants to make sure the artists are prepared to paint the upcoming visit by the Ching nation and goes around the studios, while Eunuch Nam sneaks around the place to look for anything suspicious. Song-Yeon's colleague finds Song-Yeon doing laundry and tells her the Prince has come to visit the art center. Song-Yeon is speechless, and runs back but the prince has already left, thus Song-Yeon rushes out again in hopes to catch up to the prince on his way back to the palace, but she is too late and tears up as she stands from a distance away and says she could've met him had she not been late.

dltks31064isane05kor071qk6.jpgdltks31064isane05kor071eb3.jpgdltks31064isane05kor071lu2.jpg

Later that night, Song-Yeon reads the scroll that contains the phrase the Prince has commissioned to paint, and afterwards Song-Yeon decides to use some scrap paper and leftover paint to paint a picture of herself and the prince when they were little, but she is discovered by an art master passing by, and the master gets furious that a mere maid was painting using their supplies, even though Song-Yeon pleads she was only using scraps, but the master throws her in a storage shed and locks the doors. Meanwhile, Daesu watches as a suspicious looking man leaves, then goes to see Minister Choi to inform the minister he has taken care of everything so there's no trace left and the minister awards him a pouch of silvers. Eunuch Nam tells San he has found the sourcer of the poisnous paint power, and San orders him to capture those involved at once, however as San and Eunuch Nam go to the place where the men are, Nam is told that those involved have already died.

====================

I'm watching it. Jeong Jo is my favorite(:D) king.

'San' is his name. He was young and brilliant, a great innovator and revolutionist, a wise politician.

Period of Jeong Jo was the golden age of culture and study. But he had many political enemies.

He himself was the victim of a party dispute, lost his father.

At the age of eleven, he witnessed his father's death (by grandfather).

How Jeong Jo died is still a mystery. It is recorded that he died due to the boil. But also known that he was poisoned.

Because he was in danger of getting assassinated for whole life.

Later, he built Hwasung fortress.

It's greatness is not only in the building itself, but also in the perfect record of the construction process.

Hwasung is world cultural heritage chosen by UNESCO. A must-visit place in Korea.

http://hs.suwon.ne.kr/

Guest shirleyagk

I'm watching it. Jeong Jo is my favorite(:D) king.

'San' is his name. He was young and brilliant, a great innovator and revolutionist, a wise politician.

Period of Jeong Jo was the golden age of culture and study. But he had many political enemies.

He himself was the victim of a party dispute, lost his father.

At the age of eleven, he witnessed his father's death (by grandfather).

How Jeong Jo died is still a mystery. It is recorded that he died due to the boil. But also known that he was poisoned.

Later, he built Hwasung fortress.

It's greatness is not only in the building itself, but also in the perfect record of the construction process.

Hwasung is world cultural heritage chosen by UNESCO. A must-visit place in Korea.

http://hs.suwon.ne.kr/

OOoooo u know alot bout korean history,,,, will Song-Yeon marry prince san???

~~~~~~~~~~~

episode 6 preview

6회 ㅣ 2007-10-02 주요장면 미리보기 :

조회 :

조공물목을 검수하던 산(이서진)은 강물에 떠 있는 시체의 존재를 확인하고 분노에

찬다. 그가 죽기 전에 남긴 글귀를 풀이하던 산은 자신이 이번에 맡은 청나라 사신

단 일에 음모가 있을 것임을 예상한다.

한편, 송연(한지민)은 억울하게 도화서 물건을 훔쳤다는 누명을 쓰는데 박영문(신

국)의 도움으로 위기를 모면한다. 수종다모로 뽑힌 송연은 산을 만나게 될 생각에 설

레고 초비(이잎새)는 이런 송연을 시샘하여 골탕을 먹이려고 한다. 초비의 계략으로

진연장에 갈 수 있는 기회를 놓친 송연은 박영문을 따라간 자리에서 산과 마주하게

되는데...

actually is he one of the few kings who have death threat hanging over him all the time ? .

will Song-Yeon marry prince san

yes she will.

EPISODE 2 *Ental*

^^the sub are coming out so fast . thanks for your effort ^ .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the palace, King Yeongjo summons San during court session and infront of all the ministers, the King tells San everyone thinks San is insane, and the king asks San if he is to which San replies no, and the King then assigns an important task to San of meeting with the envoys from Ching nation (China), so he can prove himself to everyone. Afterwards, San's maternal grandpa Minster Hong and his brother tells San that is a good opportunity for San.

ah no wonder the entire court looked so shocked at what the king was saying ...~ so the envoy from china going to be a test ..[hmm they kinda of like to use such envoys as test dun he .PD Lee ]

"芙蓉花满开

金香残布衣 " the pharse sort of meant from a literal interpretation the lotus flowers are blooming and frangrance linger on the clothes --;;

-4611E05071001HDTVXViD-Ental.avi_003296526.jpg

-4611E05071001HDTVXViD-Ental.avi_003312042.jpg

-4611E05071001HDTVXViD-Ental.avi_003340270.jpg

cap from DC

Guest babymarzy07

thanks dramaok!!

thanks for the subs! mrs korea and emily!

so i m under the impression that Daesu had something to do with San's assasination attempt?

does he realize this yet? or does he know minister choi is up to no good but helps him cover his tracks?

dramaokkkkkk thanks for the summary hahahahha this reminds me of the summaries u do for jumong kekekkekekek..

by the way.. song yeon will marry prince sam as his concubine right... i heard in real history they did have a son.. is that true.??

and yes the young san looks like LSJ LOL

OMFGGGG i juz saw the preview for next week's episode...

The art official~ the nice one... he showed prince san the picture which songyeon drew...

OMF>G> then prince san asked if the officer know the name of that girl...

the officer said.. Seong Song-Yeon

dang* he cant recognise her ...must have been so disappointed when she had always been waiting for this moment ..!! ..sigh * welll ...er i guess she changes alot since she grown up !!

so sweeet the prince ..with the little palace maid he even draw water for her to drink . ..lol especially when he tell her abt how he use to know a palace maid like her ..but now he doesnt know where is she now ......! another missing encounter ..

aRGHHHHHHHH what did prince yi san said at the last moment ! ......i want to know ! ~

never mind anyway i think next week ...he will know soon who is this girl .........lol that painting of her sure has a purpose ..no need words .to convey that ..moment only two of them remember

===============

this was from the imbc website

http://content.mbc.co.kr/e_mbc/drama.asp?idx=368

367.jpg

Lee Byoung-hoon, the director of the hit TV series The Jewel in the Palace, will direct this new period drama.

In the late 18th century, Lee San became the 22nd kind of the Joseon Dynasty!

It was the most tumultuous times ever seen in the 500-year-old Joseon monarchy!

He was an open-minded, wise king who championed democratic values.

The stories of his glorious triumphs, ordeals, regrets, and historical achievements are shown in this TV drama.

A story about Lee San’s life

The politics of Lee San (King Jung-jo)

He was a natural leader who ended vicious partisan politics and revived the economy with his extensive knowledge of the market. He created a strong paradigm in the 18th century and ruled with the kingdom wisely!

This biopic drama covers his dramatic life and shows the achievements of the Silhak scholars and outstanding officials who rebuilt the kingdom’s power.

The high point of the arts in the late Joseon Dynasty.

Hwaseong Fortress was a remarkable architectural achievement during this period and western knowledge began to seep into the kingdom. Brilliant individuals such as Park Ji-won, Lee Ick, Jung Yak-yong, Kim Hong-do, Shin Yoon-bok, and others are introduced in this TV drama as well.

For the first time, the art workshop of the palace will be shown along with the Aekjung office and Seja Ikwiesa. There were 10 failed assassination attempts made during this period alone in the 500-year history of the Joseon Kingdom and they will be depicted as well.

Economic turning point in the 18th century

As family industries began to be replaced with a trading economy, the 18th century was a turning point for the economy-!

The commercial trade of the times will be depicted realistically and the trading organization that Song-yeon leads is where the latter Joseon Dynasty’s economy originated from. The special Joseon Dynasty products that were made under the guidance of Song-yeon were exported to the China’s Ching Dynasty.

In addition, the 30-year romance between the leading female character Song-yeon (Eubin Sung) and King Jung-jo will also be a main theme in the drama.

The reinforcement of the army and military research

In the late 18th century, western technology began to seep into the kingdom and many political factions that opposed the king tried to fan the flames by starting anti-government movements. This led King Jung-jo to take a strong interest in national security and a military buildup. This is when the king reformed the army and began to beef up military research. One accomplishment in this era was the publication of the Muyedobotongji, Joseon dynasty’s first martial arts textbook to ever exist.

dang* he cant recognise her ...must have been so disappointed when she had always been waiting for this moment ..!! ..sigh * welll ...er i guess she changes alot since she grown up !!

so sweeet the prince ..with the little palace maid he even draw water for her to drink . ..lol especially when he tell her abt how he use to know a palace maid like her ..but now he doesnt know where is she now ......! another missing encounter ..

aRGHHHHHHHH what did prince yi san said at the last moment ! ......i want to know ! ~

yes yes yes but he saved her.. that foreign guy said that evrything is good here even the girl is good..

one of the minister wanted gave an order for seongyeon to be brought to the foreign guy's that night since he took a liking to her......

poor seong yeon was terrified.. and in the end Prince san, said release the girl... he saved her from being prostituted..

lucky.... in the preview for next week...

i think when prince san saw the painting of him and seongyeon.. he said..

that girl drew this????? do u know her name

the officer said song seong yeon.. and prince san was like O.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kkekke cant wait for next week...

i hope i am right about the preview coz i cant remember much.. was too excited. o.0

yes yes yes but he saved her.. that foreign guy said that evrything is good here even the girl is good..

one of the minister wanted gave an order for seongyeon to be brought to the foreign guy's that night since he took a liking to her......

poor seong yeon was terrified.. and in the end Prince san, said release the girl... he saved her from being prostituted..

lucky.... in the preview for next week...

i think when prince san saw the painting of him and seongyeon.. he said..

that girl drew this????? do u know her name

the officer said song seong yeon.. and prince san was like O.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kkekke cant wait for next week...

i hope i am right about the preview coz i cant remember much.. was too excited. o.0

^^ya . i was like thinking that envoy seem to want her for er something other then painting .so scary ! ahh so that was what he said thx ! ] ..awwwwwwww omg that part really remind me of damo kekek ..when he saved chaeok .that same voice and power . ;)

.lol i sort of guess must be to let that girl go or something ! I wont forgive him if he let her be taken like that ! wait i throw my brush and paper at him kekkeke !

yess! the preview soo excited finalllly HE SAW that painting ! .kek my heart skipped ..me also veri excited too ! ..sigh i always get caught up with such plot .keke i cant help it . :P

.u know in today esp . that old master who bring her there for the painting ALL the while HE never say her name ! i was like EEEEEE CAN U please tell the prince this girl name and stop just calling her by this child !!!

Archived