[drama 2007] Yi San - King Jeong-jo [이산 - 정조대왕]

Guest dramaok

Guest coinguoitac

Thank you all, my friends. I take your points with great consent and thank. However, what I meant is not "Isolatism", but trading with all, learning from foreign exchange...but not selling your own people to foreign connection in exchange for personal gains as it was the case in many Asian societies in the past and still is the case at present. The fact that Downwager Queen acted as Regal power did slow down the reform Yisan had initiated; i.e the great scholar and official who helped Yisan modernise Korea that time, had to exile.. Of course no historian dare to certain a mere speculation with 200 year seems long a far away from Yisan, but an accumulated actions of the past is part of the present. That why I said "it could have been" if the process of modernising Korean society of Yisan were undisrupted, including the respect and care for the large commoners, which in turn could surely strenthen the nation in both economic, social and military power. This could let a firm base for the whole nation to thrive as in Japan after Meijing, or as in the USA after Washington and Jefferson's efforts. As far as Korea is concerned, those who persisted in opposing to the miltary rule after the War untill 90s did not waste their blood and tears in vain. Anyone can speculate what Korea would have been now if all South Koreans went along with the Military without opposition. But I have no doubt in my mind that South Korea would not be as progressive as it is today, and that the persistence of people like Kim Dae Jong did set a firm base for Korea as a whole even 500 years from nowl. Just looking at the North Korea gives me half of the answer.

Yes, this drama is for entertainment. I have no doubt of it. Yet, even a pure fiction still has a message. Even a B rate movie has some message much more in a historical base drama. It is up to the readers to pick it up. No one can find a thing if no one looks for it.

Anyway, I thank you for all your responses. Exchange ideas and opinions is the most valuable thing I get from this forum.

My appreciation and Best regards,

Wish you all well.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest souichi

Me, I'm thankful that this didn't happen until my penultimate day in this thread!

Too bad that's the biggest font size there is. And what, no blinking? Darn.

See you all in the next WithS2 project thread!! Bye!

And be sure to donate to WithS2 - MrsKorea is going to be needing a steady supply of onesies pronto.

I'm disappointed at how YS's death was portrayed or in this case not at all. They should have shown at least the queen next to him in his final hours. They made the deaths of those he loved so significant yet his seems irrelevant. It was the end of an era. YS's death deserved an elaborated portrayal. Nobody else was shown grieving except for his lonely friend DS. What a waste of a final episode!

was it that bad? Well seeing as how I only skimmed through the episode I guess I'll have to find out later once I sit down and watch it fully with subs.

Guest antweng

..i havn't got the time to watch EPs7576..

sigh..it's time to say goodbye to isan..

tons of clips for isan on set to post..if time permitting..^^

but i know you'd like to know about the final ep at this moment..

hehe..here comes the section tv(13rd,june) --isan--the final on set and ending party!!

1. watch it online

-->http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?flvPlay...XiQL2eyGI$

2. download clip

섹션TV 연예통신[1].E434.080613.HDTV.XviD-Ental.avi

-->http://bigmail32.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...ISIFbitbf7__n3d

-->http://bigmail32.mail.daum.net/Mail-bin/bi...wgULWRdC4CaQEwV

thanks lisafh for this clip!

i enjoyed it a lot even i don't understand what are they saying. i smile, i laugh when LSJ does. hahaha

thank you so much mrskorea and mily2!

i've watched 68-75 eps and my eyes now are all sore. i cried all my heart out in ep 74.

i can't wait to watch the finale where SY will appear again.

it was worth watching this drama. it's my first time to finished such a long drama, and also my first in a period drama. watched it because of LSJ but i end up loving the story itself and all the people close to Yi San. :)

Guest azuresora

Thank you all, my friends. I take your points with great consent and thank. However, what I meant is not "Isolatism", but trading with all, learning from foreign exchange...but not selling your own people to foreign connection in exchange for personal gains as it was the case in many Asian societies in the past and still is the case at present. The fact that Downwager Queen acted as Regal power did slow down the reform Yisan had initiated; i.e the great scholar and official who helped Yisan modernise Korea that time, had to exile.. Of course no historian dare to certain a mere speculation with 200 year seems long a far away from Yisan, but an accumulated actions of the past is part of the present. That why I said "it could have been" if the process of modernising Korean society of Yisan were undisrupted, including the respect and care for the large commoners, which in turn could surely strenthen the nation in both economic, social and military power. This could let a firm base for the whole nation to thrive as in Japan after Meijing, or as in the USA after Washington and Jefferson's efforts. As far as Korea is concerned, those who persisted in opposing to the miltary rule after the War untill 90s did not waste their blood and tears in vain. Anyone can speculate what Korea would have been now if all South Koreans went along with the Military without opposition. But I have no doubt in my mind that South Korea would not be as progressive as it is today, and that the persistence of people like Kim Dae Jong did set a firm base for Korea as a whole even 500 years from nowl. Just looking at the North Korea gives me half of the answer.

I highly disagree with your statement that Yi-san could have prevented Korea from being fallen into the hands of Japanese. For one thing, Many of the kings in Choson society, COULD have formed a modernized state. Yi-san role in this drama, does not state the fact that he could have saved Korea. I mean, I do believe that Choson state would have been much better condition if King Jeongjo had live longer, like for instance, the corruption in the Yang-bang society and how the fallen Yang-bang cannot be recognized by the government or the society. There were ALOTS of problems of Choson state that does NOT involve with modernization. It was when China had its Opium War with the westerners that Choson had to confront with the arrival of the west. Most of the time Choson state was secured by the Qing dynasty by being their tributary state. Even during the Japanese Invasion when Ming Dynasty was in power, Ming Dynasty helped Korean state to push back the Japanese military. So during the reign of King Jeongjo, the Chinese influence in Choson state was still strong, and remember, China and the Qing dynasty ignored the West for a long period of time, they thought that they were the center of the world, and they thought that they were the most powerful empire of the world. Why would Choson state modernize if Qing has great power during this period? Its not King Jeongjo that could have created modern Korea, it would have been King Gojong and Queen Myeongseong that could have prevented Korea from being taken by Japan. If Queen Myeongseong wasn't assassinated by the Japanese Government, then Korea would have been different from now.

BUT history is history, and people cant say that this would have happen if this person would have died or if that period died then this wouldnt have happened.

Seriously.... If you dont know Korean history and basing Korean history through historical dramas, then dont opinionate at all. As an Asian studies major, Its really annoying when people make really bad assumption through dramas which are not historically accurate, and they dont tell the WHOLE history of Choson state. The arrival of the West and the threat of Japanese military does not become a problem until 200 years later. (ITS NOT 500 YEARS!!!) And also the North Korean problem is more complex as you think. It does not come from the problems of Choson state, It comes from the problem with two different ideologies clashing one another. At this time, there were two clashing ideologies, Communism and Capitalism, and the reason why Korea was divided was because when America was about to take over the Northern part of Korea, Chinese Communist Armies started to protect North Korea from being taken over, which is how the Korean pennisula was divided.

Anyways, I am done educating you.

Btw, I hope everyone liked Yi-san much as I did :3

Me, I'm thankful that this didn't happen until my penultimate day in this thread!

Too bad that's the biggest font size there is. And what, no blinking? Darn.

See you all in the next WithS2 project thread!! Bye!

And be sure to donate to WithS2 - MrsKorea is going to be needing a steady supply of onesies pronto.

Ur so funny.... I shall see you next time for sure...

I have not seen the last eps... and I don't know if I want to see it... just by seeing the caps gives me an idea how boring YiSan death was... I mean the Queen loved YiSan so much to the point that she even fought to get SoYeon to be the King's concubine... they could at least give her some credit... let her grieve for the poor king...

all in all... I enjoyed this drama very much... fiction to non-fiction it was memorable...

I don't know anything about Korean History because they don't teach that here in America... you will learn a little bit about the Korean Civil war and that is pretty much... by watching this drama gave me an urge to want to learn about Korean History... then again I guess I learned a lot from this thread because pretty much everyone in whole shared their history and so I THANKED EVERYONE for teaching me Korean History...

I shall meet everyone in the next WITHS2 project...

Guest khanakham

Hi there,

For someone who wanna d/l version SHiNHWA u can get it here http://momodisk.com/.

flat77 and CookieDo (I haven't heard form u, CookieDo, after I replied u. Hope u still want them.),

I hope u guys will get them there.

I_isansongyeon8.jpg

I_isansongyeon9.jpg

I_isansongyeon10.jpg

Credit: แฮพวาโบ@Yi San Thread (www.popcornfor2.com)

Thanks lisafh who always find me SHiNHWA links as I request.

Guest CookieDo

Thank you khanakham....yes I still want them so I will definitely check it out...have you tried it yourself?

Guest khanakham

Thank you khanakham....yes I still want them so I will definitely check it out...have you tried it yourself?

Yes, I'm downloading Ep.75-77.

But Ep.74-76 (I'm not sure about Ep.77, sorry) are GT Version but it isn't different from Shinhwa Version.

Don't worried.

I_isansongyeon11.jpg

I_isansongyeon12.jpg

I_isansongyeon13.jpg

Guest CookieDo

Yes, I'm downloading Ep.75-77.

But Ep.74-76 (I'm not sure about Ep.77, sorry) are GT Version but it isn't different from Shinhwa Version.

Don't worried.

thank you so much....I'm downloading them too...

Guest khanakham

thank you so much....I'm downloading them too...

No problem. Hope u will get all u want.

I_isanyeong.jpg

I_rr.jpg

I_yeongjojeongsun2.jpg

I wish flat77 will see my message.

Guest CookieDo

No problem. Hope u will get all u want.

Do you know how to select certain eps in the folders? I can't figure out how to delete the eps once the folder opens in the dl box....and I can't get anything else to dl until the first one is done....the delete button doesn't seem to work for me

EDIT...

please disregard the question above

Guest mily2

yisansub2jb2.jpg

Finally.. it's here.. the final episode!!! On behalf of MrsKorea & Suz07.. I want to thank everyone for all your supports throughout this very long journey. Yi San is a very special project for the three of us.. and we couldn't have asked for better companions - your warm words of supports really brought a smile to our faces and you all have made this journey fun and memorable.

As MrsKorea has mentioned, Yi San is the last project that she will sub for awhile and that she will semi-retire after this series to take care of her new upcoming bundle of joy... so it's bittersweet that we celebrate this last episode together.. MrsKorea.. thank you so much for all you've done for us.. Please take care and come back to us when you can!!! :wub::wub:

Episode 77- Final Episode * Ental*

Main Translator: MrsKorea

Timer & Editor: MrsKorea

Special Thanks to: Suz07

Coordinator: mily2

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Please help keep fansubbing alive by NOT hardsubbing and distributing any video file using our softsubs on ANY STREAMING sites/websites/

forums/newsgroups and online hosting services (such as clubbox, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit, mediafire, etc.) Many thanks in advance :)

PS: Please continue to support fansubbers and abide by our rules. Once again..please DO NOT HARDSUB & UPLOAD OUR SUBS.!!

I've gotten some pms from people who want to express some token of thanks and in wanting to send something to MrsKorea to celebrate her upcoming bundle of joy.. We're so touched by the enormous supports.. Please send your donations through paypal to withs2donation@gmail.com with the message of support for Yi San. I will be more than happy to collect and pass on all the thanks & supports to MrsKorea.

Guest maneuneun

So it is with a great deal of joy, and some sadness, that we come to the end of a wonderful successful of Yisan. It's really my pleasure to be part of this thread (but I didn do much help :wub: ) and it's really fun to read all types of comments and sharing by you guys here although there's also some arguments involved :D.

The success of this thread of course the most credit should go to our great sub team and as well as to all here.

Once again thanks to all and I hope to see you guys somewhere else sometime soon :lol:

Thank you

MrsKorea, Suz07, mily2, and everyone involved in subbing this drama,

Thank you so much for your effort and not giving up on us. I couldn't enjoy the drama this much without you guys. I often share what's been said in the drama, with my friends who doesn't understand Korean and English. So, your effort helped not only me, but also my friends, too!

Wishing MrsKorea a good luck! Hope to see you all again!

Guest CookieDo

Finally, YS has come to the end! Thank you so much MrsKorea, Suz07 and Mily2! You've made watching YS such an enjoyable experience. I would've been clueless trying to guess my way throughout the whole series if it weren't for you. I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to watch such a long series again. Nonetheless, I'm so glad you guys stuck through it to the end. I also want to thank those who have shared all the dl links, pictures, summaries and inputs in this thread. It was really fun to read all those interesting posts, especially the history lessons. Again, thank you all and farewell YS!!! I'm really going to miss YS and SY :(

Congratulations and good luck to MrsKorea on your bundle of joy!!!

Guest khanakham

Do you know how to select certain eps in the folders? I can't figure out how to delete the eps once the folder opens in the dl box....and I can't get anything else to dl until the first one is done....the delete button doesn't seem to work for me

EDIT...

please disregard the question above

I'm about to reply. :D:lol:

san1.jpg

san2.jpg

sig2.gif

Super Thanks for your work, MrsKorea, mily2 & Suz07. Thank you.

God Bless you and your child, MrsKorea.

Guest benchmarkjoe

Hi there,

For someone who wanna d/l version SHiNHWA u can get it here http://momodisk.com/.

flat77 and CookieDo (I haven't heard form u, CookieDo, after I replied u. Hope u still want them.),

I hope u guys will get them there.

I_isansongyeon8.jpg

I_isansongyeon9.jpg

I_isansongyeon10.jpg

Thanks lisafh who always find me SHiNHWA links as I request.

For non-Karean speaker and reader, I could not tell wich one I should select. Previously we lost Mickey-Baby and now Shinhwa version.

Archived