[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest divasma

I think you are right, monalisa. But I am actually hoping it does not happen. Granny Witch needs to accept Baekho and Donji for the service and love they have given to the Bong family, not just because her precious son finally has given her a grandson.

I just don't think that kind of acceptance based on genetics is a true one coming from her - and since we know she is a mean old bird, she learns nothing from the experience. She doesn't show any remorse for having tortured Dongji and she does not recognize the good they have done. And she does not get the meaning of the story as outlined in the plot synopsis - that blood doesn't necessarily make a family.

A big thanks again to everyone who has posted summaries, caps, translations, etc. It is such hard work and you do such a great job. Thank You All! (And best to Dramaoak - hope to see you soon)

Guest kauaisurfer

I think you are right, monalisa. But I am actually hoping it does not happen. Granny Witch needs to accept Baekho and Donji for the service and love they have given to the Bong family, not just because her precious son finally has given her a grandson.

Well Said...We Agree 110%!

Guest Animefanzgirl

I just saw todays eps.

Can't say I felt bad for SJ's mom but I did feel bad for his dad.

SJ looks good behind bars! :lol: They suit him...now get him one of those snazzy black and white stripe suits. ;)

I gotta say I was actually rooting for Sua when she went to the prison and decided not to get out of her car and then left w/o going in. I was like "GOOD-GIRL" ;)

I think that Nasty-Granny is warming up to Bacon even before she finds out that he is Mansu's son (which definitely appears to be the case) because of course it started with Bacon clearing up the townspeople issue and in todays eps she watched as Bacon apparently tries to make Sua feel better...he made her noodles when she was drinking at night and was keeping him co. and making her laugh...Granny watched on...then Granny falls in the bathroom and Bacon takes her of her ankle. :mellow:

From what I seen WJ & JY didn't get married. WJ just asked JY to come with him to the states and she agreed. Her dad allowed her to go. Probably because 1 he was happy she finally accepted WJ and 2 the farther away from SJ the better.

I HOPE they do not decide to end this with a Time-jump where SJ is being let out of jail and meets up with Sua and the reconcile...that would just suck... :fury:

I agree with you ElaineCruz about Sua and "Danbaek" :lol:

Guest Cerise

These would be a nice last episode :D

I am not convince that SA did really loved SJ. It was more of an obsession..I think :unsure:

Ayayah....Danbaek did some hugging again in the office in today's episode..... ENOUGH hugging :tongue2: :crazy::wacko:

It's funny though Aunt granny had to steal the toothbrush ( from what I understood from the preview), just let DP grab baekho's hair... :w00t::lol: that's a danbaek moment ;)

I am just wondering how come WJ and JY are going to the States together. Did they get married or engaged? Is not that odd you send your ony child to a foreign country with a guy and not be married?

I agree.. SA is obsessed with SJ. Few months away and a new toy to dominate her thought, she'll be fine. Even if being like this now have changed her to a less bratty woman, I don't think that she'll be 180 degree different in the future.

But hahaha~ I want that momnet of DanBaek too... :lol::lol:

Guest kauaisurfer

I just saw todays eps.

SJ looks good behind bars! :lol: They suit him...now get him one of those snazzy black and white stripe suits. ;)

I gotta say I was actually rooting for Sua when she went to the prison and decided not to get out of her car and then left w/o going in. I was like "GOOD-GIRL" ;)

Animefanzgirl...You just made our day!

SJ is in Jail...As it just be.

...We Salute You ...One Final Time with a Good Cup of Coffee

Guest polaris

They could totally extend this drama to 10 more episodes or more.

It's seems like everythings is just crammed in fast pace these last few episodes...But I guess that's what makes it shi won heh.

Anyway,... I don't want it to end!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooo..

Guest Bijan630

WOW!! Everyone's been really busy. Thanks uni33 for the translation of 169. I watched episode 170 and between the 2 episodes, I have been on the verge of tears. Mr. Na crying in SJ's room.....I wanted to hold that man and take away his pain. I've only seen 2 men in my life actually cry, but watching Mr. Na almost broke my heart.

Mrs. Na, I know I will learn more after ep.170 has been translated concerning that yelling scene in the bedroom with Mr. Na and his words to her while they drank soju, but, I really.....wanted.....to slap her. She has been able to turn on the television set to watch her daily dramas. She has been able to sit in her living room, folding clothes and listen to the radio. Yet.....she didn't have a clue that her husband resigned from his job and it was all over the news.

Where did this woman come from? Does this woman still not get what her husband had been yelling at for years about concerning bribes and how it would affect his position in the government???? To hear only part of the truth about her son's crimes and STILL say he did no wrong, he shouldn't have gotten fired, what he did was for the good of the company?

SJ still blaming his father and telling him that if he had helped him out in the beginning, none of this would have happened? I'll give it to the writers, they've done a fine job tapping into every emotion a person can feel.

Mr. Na, the man who worked hard and did everything he could to support his family just to lose it all because of his son.........he didn't deserve this. His compassion for his wife gives a whole new meaning to loving someone unconditionally.

What upsets me even more, even though I can watch the parting scene of SJ behind bars over and over again, unless he begs his father for forgiveness, it's all meaningless. The damage has been done and he hasn't thought once about how many lives he's ruined.

I'm truly frustrated.

Thanks for all of your posts.......

Karma......are you going to wrap things up for us?

Guest Cerise

I HOPE they do not decide to end this with a Time-jump where SJ is being let out of jail and meets up with Sua and the reconcile...that would just suck... :fury:

I agree with you ElaineCruz about Sua and "Danbaek" :lol:

What if years pass and SJ finishes his jail time and at the gate, his family and SA are waiting with Tofu?

No No~!! I don't want that to happen.. It's enough thinking that Mr.Na will have to be there. Why must he be a good father? I would disown SJ the moment I give birth to him. :tongue2:

Guest uni33

Episode 170 summary...please correct as needed.

SJ enters police station.

JS walks into SJ’s room to get him for breakfast. Sees letter addressed to his parents on his dresser. JS freaks out after reading SJ has turned himself in and shows letter to GT, DP comes running in asking what’s going on. JS collapses and tells DP SJ has turned himself into the police.

BH comes running into the station and sees JS and GT sitting at station. DP comes in saying they can go in and see him now. BH tells DP that he’s going to stay in the waiting area because he thinks SJ would hate having BH see him in jail.

GT, JS, DP goes in to see SJ and JS won’t even look at SJ. GT and DP ask if he’s okay and tells everyone not to worry that he’s okay. GT tells JS to turn around saying she was the first one to suggest seeing SJ. JS turns around and asks SJ if he’s eaten, he says yes, so she says than okay, GT we can go now that I know SJ has eaten. DJ wants to leave so walks out and GT follows. DP asks if she should tell SA and SJ says no, why bother. DP wants to know if this is why he divorced SA and says that he’s a jerk because when people go through hardships couples should support each other so he says I haven’t given her anything what kind of support can I expect. DP says don’t do this and SJ tells her to take care of their parents and to go. She tells SJ to eat well and take care of himself.

JS upset and GT worried about her. JS freaking out wondering why her SJ should be in jail. JS says everything is GT’s fault if he had helped SJ when he asked for help this would never happen. She blames GT for everything. JS says they have to call SA and let her know. JS gets pissy about SA being immature and not showing up to support her husband when he needs her the most so DP tells JS that SA won’t be coming and JS wants to know why not since SA should be the first person there. DP tells her parents that SJ and SA are divorced. JS and GT in shock. JS collapses again.

DJ on phone sounding upset, tells BH to take care of his in-laws. Granny asks if something has happened to SJ so DJ tells Mansu, Granny, and aunt that SJ in jail. Mansu and Granny in shock, they find out that SJ used the slush fund for bribery. Auntie says how could this happen, everything was fine with the Na’s and everything goes to crap in one day. Auntie wondering why the father resigned if the son was the one committing the crime. Mansu says that GT probably blamed himself for his son’s wrong doing. SA comes in and asks if there is anything wrong. Granny says SA should know so DJ tells her that SJ is in jail.

JS VERY upset, DP and BH get her into bed. DP begging her mother to stop crying or else she might make herself sick. GT sends DP out for water and JS wailing what did SJ do wrong that he’s in jail. GT asks her to calm down which causes JS to become hysterical shouting her son is not to blame, he did nothing wrong. GT gets annoyed and says of course he did something wrong, that’s why he’s in jail and JS screams at GT calling him a bad person and asking if he’s really a father and how he could send his own son to jail and then say those things about him. GT runs out and BH goes to look for him and finds GT crying in SJ’s room.

DP takes care of JS and tells her mom to pull herself together. If she is hysterical and upset than that will cause SJ more heartache but if she pulls herself together it will give SJ strength to survive his ordeal. JS replies, “do you think so?” DP pleads with her mother to stop being so mean to GT as he is suffering too. JS says she hates SA and DP’s in-laws, how could they be so mean to SJ. SJ did everything for the company, how could they fire him over the slush fund and how could SA throw him away like that when things are going badly after everything JS has done for SA. DP tells her that SJ is the one who initiated the divorce and SA only granted the divorce because she had to and JS wants to know why.

GJ, JY’s father, older aunt and MA reading the newspaper article about SJ’s arrest and incarceration. Older aunt seems upset but MA remarks that this is what happens when you dump your girlfriend to persue money-- in a he deserves it and what comes around goes around tone of voice. GJ says to MA that their connection to SJ is over and to just let it go. JY and WJ come in sounding happy. WJ says parents liked JY especially his dad. WJ says he got a call in Jejudo that the company wants him to start sooner than expected and he is willing to go ahead without JY until she’s ready to go. JY’s father says no, they should go together so they could make a fresh start together. He says not to worry about them and to go on ahead.

Sonia, DH, and Chan enter and Chan tells his mom that from now DH is going to play with him in the park when he has time. MA sends him to wash up. DH asks how the parent meeting went. MA says we already spoke about this so don’t make us listen to a repeat.

WJ asks if JY is worried about her father and feels bad that he is taking away such a beautiful daughter and feels like a thief. JY says of course you’re a thief. WJ says the best way to make it up to their parents is to be happy so Woojin tells JY they should try to be happy and live well, both agree to try hard. WJ tells her to go in and rest. MA comes out to tell JY something, hesitates, and tells JY about SJ’s incarceration.

JS goes to see SJ in jail, asks how he slept. He tells her not to come anymore, he’s not a child, he’ll be okay. She asks SJ to tell her the truth, did he initiate the divorce or did SA know what was going to happen to him and throw him away first. He tells her that it was him and she wants to know why. JS hopefully asks did he do it because he knew what would happen to him. He tells her that all this time he caused SA much unhappiness and that it was time for SA to be happy. JS says that SA loves him so much and letting her go would cause her so much pain, how could she ever be happy. Tells JS that it’s over between the two of them and although it will be painful asks JS to forget about SA and the marriage.

SA in her room stressed worried wondering if SJ’s eating and then shakes herself out of it. Tells herself that it’s over between them and not to think about SJ. Not to worry about him because he’s nobody to her now. Gets a call from JS.

JS meets with SA and asks why didn’t she say anything about the divorce. Asks SA to stand by SJ and SA tells her that SJ doesn’t want her, he hates her and that he never loved her. JS says that SJ said those terrible things to force SA to accept the divorce because he feels like he has only made her suffer. SA tells her there is no use, she’s going to Paris and doesn’t plan on coming back. JS says “on, no” we’re never going to see each other again, “no,no, that can’t be.”

SA in car in front of police station but seems conflicted about whether or not she should go in. Looks at ticket and leaves.

DJ goes to visit JS to see is she’s alright. DJ asks where is GT and JS says he went hiking. JS wonders what will happen to them and to SJ. DJ says don’t worry, everything will be all right that even the hard times eventually pass. JS says that she thinks what happened to SJ is her fault, her greed has caused all of this to happen. DJ says not to think like that. DJ asks if one has to do something bad to suffer, it’s just that some days are good, some are bad so just endure a little bit more. JS turns to DJ and asks her, “how do you live?”

In office, colleagues discuss SJ’s wrong doing…whether or not the punishment is too harsh. BH says they should stop talking about it seeing how upset DP looks. DP says lets go and BH asks her if she’s okay. BH hugs her saying he knows how hard this is for her and to lean on him for support. DP wonders what will happen to SJ and her poor mother.

JS in bed and GT comes in chipper, trying to cheer JS up. Says it’s been a long time since he’s gone hiking and it was great. Says don’t be such a downer and let’s go hiking starting tomorrow because she needs to get her butt out of bed and exercise. Tells her she will lose all her strength laying around. GT asks her if she wants to go out for dinner together and eat since she hasn’t made any food. Does she plan on starving him all day?

At restaurant GT says that this might not be a bad thing for SJ. Goes on about how this isn’t so bad that people were meant to endure this kind of thing, etc. GT was upset over SJ’s wrong doing but thinks this isn’t the worse thing to happen to a person. GT says he was really proud of him this time for admitting his wrong doing and taking responsibility. He might have done wrong but not anyone can do what he has done and turn himself in like that. JS says do you think SJ will really be okay and GT says of course, whose kid is he, ours.

SA tossing and turning in bed, goes down for a drink. BH sees her and nags her saying she should at least eat some snacks while drinking and SA tells him not to nag. BH asks if she wants some ramen and she says forget it but then he convinces her. Granny sees them together and seems to soften. SA tells him to eat and he wonders if she’s softenting toward him and says if she started calling him oppa, that would be perfect. SA scoffs saying, BH is going overboard over one bowl of ramen so he says okay okay. Granny comes in and tells SA not to eat too much before going to bed.

BH asks her is she’s really going to Paris and SA says yes and that he should feel good about it, having her not around. He says that he’s sorry he wasn’t a proper brother to her only able to cook her a couple of bowls of ramen and carry her home when drunk--(doesn’t she have a car? Why is he always carrying her on his back?)

Hears a sound and SA and BH run to find Granny on the bathroom floor. BH carries her to her bed. Granny says she’s okay but BH peels off her slipper and probes to see what hurts. Goes to get ice. Aunt asks if BH carried her back. Bickering back and forth about whether or not Granny really likes BH or not. Granny says BH is like a child getting over excited about everything and Aunt says you know you like him on the inside but you act like you don’t. Granny says “who says I like him?” Then Auntie says it’s great to have a grandchild like him so of course Granny scoffs and says “grandchild?” SA asks about Granny’s hip. BH comes back with some ice and wraps her leg. Granny and Aunt stare at BH and he gets self-conscious, asks if there’s something on his face. Aunt sends them away, says she will take care of Granny. Aunt says the BH is so much like Mansu that if the aunt were Granny, she would get a paternity test done.

Guest elainecruz63

thanks a lot! uni33..... :D:) sorry , for asking can someone translate the preview, too.... thanks :blush:

I would like to congratulate the actors in this drama... I think there excellent potrayal of their roles made this drama addictive.. Even SJ's mother, when I watched today's episode again with the translation her acting when she first faced SJ in jail was excellent. I hate her character but I can't deny her acting is excellent.....No wonder, she won a supporting award...correct me if I am wrong.. :unsure:

Guest Animefanzgirl

Thank you UNI33 for the summary.

I didn't like the look on Nasty-Granny's face at the end of todays preview. Doesn't she know theirs only 2 eps. left sheeeesh...didn't she get the memo! ;):lol:

Ep 171 preview summary... please someone translating this...

최여사는 유전자 검사를 하자는 봉순의 말에 화를 내지만 마음이 심란하다. 다음날, 백호와 만수는 칫솔이 없어져 당황하는데... 우진은 미국으로 떠난다며 백호를 찾아오고, 백호는 우진이 선재가 있는 경찰서가 어디냐고 묻자 당황스럽다. 한편 지영은 면회실에서 선재를 만나게 되고, 파리로 떠나기 위해 공항에 간 수아는 뜻밖의 광경을 보게 되는데...

Guest uni33

Ep 171 preview summary... please someone translating this...

최여사는 유전자 검사를 하자는 봉순의 말에 화를 내지만 마음이 심란하다. 다음날, 백호와 만수는 칫솔이 없어져 당황하는데... 우진은 미국으로 떠난다며 백호를 찾아오고, 백호는 우진이 선재가 있는 경찰서가 어디냐고 묻자 당황스럽다. 한편 지영은 면회실에서 선재를 만나게 되고, 파리로 떠나기 위해 공항에 간 수아는 뜻밖의 광경을 보게 되는데...

This is from tv preview.

Granny tells aunt if they aren’t careful, the household could be in an uproar. Aunt says we can do it in secret.

Hear WY asking which police station SJ is being held. See JY meet SJ in prison. WJ is waiting outside.

SA tells JS she’s leaving, tells her not to leave.

Aunt steals BH’s toothbrush.

BH asks DP if she’s seen his toothbrush

JS tells SJ SA has left for Paris

JY’s father tells JY to have a good trip and JY promises to live well

SA tells her Granny not to be sad because she’s leaving to be happy so asks Granny to send her off happy.

SA sees WJ and JY at the airport

Aunt gives Granny the test results and tells her to open it.

DJ walks and leaves b/c thinks she’s interrupting something, Granny orders her to stay b/c she has to ask her something

Guest kauaisurfer

I didn't like the look on Nasty-Granny's face at the end of todays preview. Doesn't she know theirs only 2 eps. left sheeeesh...didn't she get the memo! ;):lol:

...LOAO...

Guest ChristyKim

Thanks uni33 for today's summary and video preview translation.

I haven't watched today's episode yet. I'm not feeling well today. I'm laying on the floor outside my bathroom as I type this (on my phone).

I had started the translations for tomorrow's preview (written and video) on the PC several hours ago, but couldn't finish. I'd do it now on my phone, but my phone doesn't show Korean and can't watch videos. Just wanted to let you all know I'll post the translations as soon as I feel stable enough to get off the floor. Sorry to leave everyone hanging.

Ep.171 Preview

Mrs. Choi gets angry when BongSun tells her to do a DNA test. The next day when BaekHo and ManSu's toothbrush disappears they get shocked...WooJin meets BaekHo and tells him he is going to the states. When WooJin asks which police station SunJae is at, BaekHo gets flustered. JiYoung meets SunJae at the police station and Sua who went to the airport to leave for Paris sees a unexpected scene...

Archived