[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

Guest mclvene

hm.. what happens in the preview??? why id sj mom see JY??? I hope she doesnt ask of her to convince SJ to go back to SA..

Its kinda funny to see SJ mom kinda BELOW JY--before she always used to talk/look down on JY-- and in the preview she seemed like the one that was lookd down on by JY--ohh what a glory to see her like that.. anyway looking back it seems that mansu told BH mom something important and she didnt like it???

I hope I'm not totally off-- :P

I'm really getting sick and tired of Jiyeong's character. I really hope her character improves towards the end of the show. She's always spaced out and and just takes in whatever abuses that come her way. She really needs to toughen up a bit. I only feel apathy towards her and not sympathy. The reason why there are characters such as Sooah is because there are people like Jiyeong that let themselves be bullied. I really hope she moves on and stop meddling with Seonjae's business. It was very stupid of her to meet Sooah and explain about the money. Good thing that's the only thing that Sooah did (pour water on her face) to her. I probably would have done worse.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bm05om

Kim HyeOk & Han JiHye on SBS Good Morning(08.03.07): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZi8uG_gnU

3071yi7.jpg3072et4.jpg

3073se6.jpg3074vo3.jpg

3075ik3.jpg3076ld4.jpg

3077cf2.jpg3078yc7.jpg

KHO and HJH talked about their characters,and HJH says that "Mom really likes BaekHo Oppa". :lol: It's very nice to see the "mother-daughter" team offscreen,they're very sweet together.dramaok, if you don't mind doing a translation for this clip..I'd really appreciate it,please and thanks. :D

thanks to dramaok,bmo5om,gerryg and all for posting what's the latest storylines.been trying to dload from cb and cococrust's chinese subs but my line has been too bad to me.can't dload last 2weeks worth of episodes.

rochinipark,I hope your line goes back to normal soon so you can watch everything.:) I'm saying farewell to the thread and MiGo next week and will be away for a while,and I probably won't be able to do screencaps for the eps as I usually do. :( But nvm,thankfully dramaok's summaries will be here so I'm sure you and the rest will still be able to folllow the storylines.^^

Now about those photos........

Why is SJ and JY together???? What is going on????? I can't believe my eyes... why are they together?

Beats me. :vicx: I mean,it's SJ and JY at the beach,how lovely. <_< We can't say it's another one of those "moment spent together for closure" yet again cuz that would just be too funny. :rolleyes:

SJ: why would you come here mother?

JS: why can't i come here?

SJ: and why are you lowering your head when you're here?

JS: when did i? i didn't..

SJ: mother. let me resolve my problem. so don't do this. i don't like you like ths.

JS: okay i got it so you should go back to work. don't get in trouble doing this.

SJ: get in the car. i'll take you home.

JS: from here to work and home are opposite directions. i'm gonna take the bus or cab so don't worry about me and go! (walks away)

Tsk,remember back in the old days when Mr.Hwang was the one lowering his head to YOU and begging for your mercy,Na SeonJae? :angry: I still can't get over that scene,and if indeed JY and SJ gets back together..geez.. :wacko:

OT:

:lol: Yes! I couldn't help mentioning it again though because the resemblance in the photo you posted was uncanny! UTW has smaller, almond shaped eyes and a sharper chin but I can see LSG in him too! Must be that serious sexy look. :sweatingbullets: Sigh, UTW is such a good actor. I've only seen him in Delightful Girl Chun Hyang but goodness, he was impressive with his textured performance! B)

Back to KJS - doesn't he look cool with those glasses? And oh, he seems to have such an affable nature in the Good Morning special that it is no wonder he can play a nice guy role well. Has he ever played a villainous role? Maybe he should try by bopping JY with his satchel or something. :P

Oh,then you really should watch UTW in Boohwal(Rebirth) and Mawang(The Devil). ;) As for KJS playing a villainous role,well he was a bad*ss(or more like an a**hole) in this MV,and he was a tattoed ggangpae of some sort in this MV, and he played a brooding guy falling in love with a much older woman in a drama once.Yeah,this time in MiGo maybe BH should be the one to knock some senses into JY's clueless head. :P

OT:

Oh,then you really should watch UTW in Boohwal(Rebirth) and Mawang(The Devil). ;) As for KJS playing a villainous role,well he was a bad*ss(or more like an a**hole) in this MV,and he was a tattoed ggangpae of some sort in this MV, and he played a brooding guy falling in love with a much older woman in a drama once.Yeah,this time in MiGo maybe BH should be the one to knock some senses into JY's clueless head. :P

Is that JY in the second movie?

Guest professor97

I just had to stop my work to chime in about JY's actions. I agree with all of you who are tired of JY grieving over SJ's break-up with her. It's always more annoying for the audience (friends and family) to watch the dumpee suffer because the dumper hurt her. We've all said to a friend in that situation such things as, "Just forget him; he doesn't deserve you" or You'll find someone who will really love you." We are always full of advice to move on. But try to remember the first time you were dumped without much warning (Remember JY and SJ had that extended beach date before SJ said "I want out."), especially by someone with whom you have been in a relationship with for years (SA has known SJ less than a year). You are not going to want to believe it is over. When your friends go home and you are by yourself, your first thought is to call him--just once more. Everytime something good or bad happens, the first thing you think to do is call him to share the news. And suddenly it is all gone. And you are sure if you could just talk to him everything would be okay/

JYY hasn't had enough time to grieve yet. Yeah, she's a doormat, but she isn't acting any differently than 89% of the people who have that happen to them would act. All rationality goes out the door when your heart is controlling your actions.

As for meeting with Mrs Na--it seems young Koreans cannot say no to their elders. At least that seems to be the repeated scene in any drama I've ever seen. Here in America we would just say, "I don't think so."

Guest dramaok

i think JY ends up meeting Mrs. Na because

Seon-Jae goes missing and all i heard was Mrs. Na asked Ji-Yeong if she knew where he could be, and Ji-Yeong asks what happened.

As for meeting with Mrs Na--it seems young Koreans cannot say no to their elders. At least that seems to be the repeated scene in any drama I've ever seen. Here in America we would just say, "I don't think so."

yup that is good observation and correct. most respectable girls would always be respectful towards elders. even if the elder is a witch. but not so respectable girls (e.g. Soo-Ah) may ignore an elder's request to see her, simply because she is obnoxious and bratty. it is never really okay to say 'no' to someone much older than you. it's better to lie and say 'yes' then go around and do something else, so at least you're not rejecting them infront of them.

Guest freezspirit

Just saw Going by the book, that starred Lee Young Eun, bit amusing. And on that note I think they are trying to sterotype the character she's plays, JY has the doormat for a better term. She takes everything other people put on her and never complains. I could she her becoming the victim of abuse if she continued with SJ.

As for SA I fear the scriptwriters will divorce her then she discovers she's pregnant or something else can't decide what.

Strangely I hope DH and M get back together - call me old fashioned romantic - after all Chanie wants to live with both parents. Sonia although heart broken feels ts the best for the child. DH becomes the man of the household and M becomes submisive homemaker.

Granny finally accepts BH after SA does (leads back to hospital storyline every1 discovers BH is in fact a Bong).

SJ gets a decent hairstyle but gets into a fateful accident or gets an incurable diesase (sorry can't stand him) and dies.

BH passes the employment tests and later becomes topman of Bonjour where DP finally agrees to tell the remains few who don't know they are together and they get married.

Oh who have I missed out. Mr Na finally gets a maid for his wife and treats her to a holiday when she goes on strike and he has to do all the housework.

JY's older aunts children come to collect her. JY's dad finally caves in and gets JY a new stepmum.

Ok most of these f not all will never happen but we can always wish!

Guest kauaisurfer

As for SA I fear the scriptwriters will divorce her then she discovers she's pregnant or something else can't decide what.

Strangely I hope DH and M get back together - call me old fashioned romantic - after all Chanie wants to live with both parents. Sonia although heart broken feels ts the best for the child. DH becomes the man of the household and M becomes submisive homemaker.

Granny finally accepts BH after SA does (leads back to hospital storyline every1 discovers BH is in fact a Bong).

SJ gets a decent hairstyle but gets into a fateful accident or gets an incurable diesase (sorry can't stand him) and dies.

BH passes the employment tests and later becomes topman of Bonjour where DP finally agrees to tell the remains few who don't know they are together and they get married.

Ok most of these f not all will never happen but we can always wish!

...We noticed ...you mentoned may NEVER happen but with apprx 30 episodes left...We think on the above you may be on to something...

I think some version of these...is indeed Possible!

Well Done & ...We Salute You with a Good Cup of Kauai Hawaii Coffee!

Guest Cerise

Everything I hoped for in for SJ and SA is coming to life. I hoped they'd suffer a bit, maybe more, but whatever they both deserve to be separated. I hope that JY would be happy more likely over-the-moon happy with another guy, for both SJ and SA's sorrow. I like WJ, wouldn't compare him one bit to that pig SJ. I really can't understand JY here. I think it's taking her longer time than I expected for her to get over SJ. And she still call him oppa, I was as angry as SA.

What the hell is she thinking going out to the beach for him (the behind the scenes picture)? I don't think the writer would make it that dramatic to have him die due to an incurable disease. It's what we hope for, but yeah, I remember that it's what I hoped for the uncle in AS MUCH AS SKY AND EARTH (the previous kbs daily drama). But they have redeemed him, and made him a decent guy. I think this would be the case here for SJ. He'd learn a lesson and try to work it out with SA. They're not divorced yet. As for SA, she might resist a bit, and would be like "I would raise my child alone", that is of course if she turned out to be pregnant.

Poor BH and DP, this is too much, what if the divorce issue continued for more than two weeks. We'll see them so depressed and turned apart between their love and their families. They have better chances being in-laws than ex-in-laws.

If you're in JY's place, and a PIG with a lame haircut hurt you in the meanest way possible marrying a shallow immature girl after promising to marry you and spending the night with you. And God sent a cute gentle man, with a great sense of style, dazzling dimples and killer smile. Would you think of the cold hearted gold-digger pig?

I know I won't. Even before hurting JY, I didn't like SJ. One, for his stupid haircut; and two, for his attitude towards everyone around him, and how he have this look of superiority even to his parents. It's just too much.

Guest Animefanzgirl

Well hopefully Sua and SJ will learn a lesson or 2. The harsher the better. ;)

Yeah I could sooooo see Evil Granny and Sua finally accepting Bacon if he turns out to be a Bong. :wacko:

As for SJ mom after all the bad-mouthing that she did about Bacon she will probably kiss his butt and surely accept him because then they can stay related to the Bongs...if she couldn't get her son to be the heir to the co. well why not her son-in-law. <_< Nothing like a lil' or ALOT of $$$$ to make you forget about your cares AND prejudices. <_<

I though i gonna finish danbaek moment this weekend but something come-up (actually i was busy make Hong Gil Dong MV) ;) please enjoy it as well... He he...

For episode 131 onward maybe will finish on next weekend... as for upcoming episode also, i maybe cannot spare time cuz my housemate ask me to help her marking her student exam paper.

I think SA wants to hear more than SJ's apologies. She wants him to denounce JY in a more explicit way, but she didn't get this from SJ. She went haywire when she heard him say that it was hard for him to get over JY because he dated her for so long. SJ seems serious about solving their problem if only for the elders especially after his dad's unexpected visit to his father-in-law. But he had enough when SA insulted him upfront ... SA has this unusual flair for offensive language, her only talent IMO ... if SJ really meant to concur with the divorce will be known tomorrow ... but SA was more worried & surprised than relieved that SJ consented. :unsure: her stunned expression betrayed her real feelings that it was an impulsive decision & simply a threat! :w00t:

Guest yc630621

I see I have different opinion to most characters with a lot of people. Just want to share my 2 cents.

Mrs. Na

First, the person I dislike (will not use more emotional words like hate or resent) most was Mrs. Na in the beginning episodes.

She was so materialized, so superficial, and just so outrageous. My wife feels for her and we had constant debate on how bad Mrs Na was.

Later, I saw her other sides as a mother, wife and mother-in-law, she is a good (although not perfect) person being those.

Her punishments are most predictable.

- it is happening with the divorce. she will remember what the fortuneteller said. (she never heard about the second part about the siblings)

- Her second punishment would be DP/BH being a happy couple

- Ultimately, she will be humbled by her actions when BH is revealed to be a real Bong.

About Granny

I agree with everyone else with her flaws and I think she is the oldest but most childish person in this drama.

Llooking at her, we know whom to blame how SA is behaving today.

Granny is a very typical old-fashioned rich mother-in-law against someone (and her family) she does not approve or not at her class.

To a certain degree, this is being human. Her mistake is, once she accepted DJ into the family, reluctantly or not,

she should have tried better to deal with her. I think she is not totally unfair about BH and DH living in her house.

But then again, she could have been hiding her true feelings more.

Her punishments will come in 2 obvious ways.

- BH is a true Bong.

- SA's divorce. Granny only blames SJ for this but she will regret for butting in when she finds out how miserable SA will be.

About SJ.

I was happy to find out I was not the only one felt he is having enough punishment and not a evil person and total PIG.

He had learned his lesson. We will see how he reconcile with JY and her family. Doing nothing and get one with his life with SA

might have been best for everyone, but all his erratic behavior shows he truly loved and cared JY.

He may still love her (I will not argue he loved in a selfish way but I call that being human).

His punishments

- Like I wrote above, it is already happening

- I will not be surpised to see him getting back with JY and JY wanted to get back with him (or least struggle with the idea)

- This probably will not happen because WJ is worthy contender and much more mature.

About SA

This girl needs a lesson to become more mature and responsible for her actions and she seems to be getting one.

I believe she loves SJ more than he does her and all these erratic behavior was based on jealousy and childish.

So it was out of place for SA to accuse SJ that he married her to get the fortune. She was the one to blame.

Her punishment.

- She was on pills. It is not logical for her to be pregnant. I will be a little disappointed if writers do that.

- The divorce. But mostly, how SJ behaves toward the divorce. She will find out she does not have the upper hand on everything.

- Because I believe she loves SJ and did not see SJ as a trophy husband (is there such a thing?), she will regret and learn.

- I hope divorce will go through and they do not get back together since the foundation of the marriage was weak and started on wrong terms.

DH, MA and Sonia

Call me old fashioned but if MA proves she had changed, they and Chan have to get back together.

Younger people who are not married, do not have children, did not struggle with making a living would not understand or agree with me.

But DH has no right to fell in love with anyone. I think him being irresponsible and second most childish person (next to Granny).

Life is cruel and priorities need to be set. He needs to get a real job (stop being a clown), move out his sister's house,

provide a good life to his family, prove he can support Sonia and her family, before consider fell in love.

MA is bad but not evil either (you should see I do not think anyone "evil" in this drama by now).

However, it all started with a bad financial situation. DH as the bread earner has more responsibility to that.

MA should not just leave on such bad terms, she should have taken Chan with her (but she might have lost the guardian right).

She was a good mother. Just look at Chan, he does not look like a child brought up by a bad mother and he loves her mother so much.

Sonia, is an unwilling victim in this triangle relationship. But then again, you think it is mature to get involve with someone like DH?

She needs to get real.

JY

Like everyone else, I agree she is a doormat but please do not hate her because she might still could not get over SJ.

Their relationship would not have been true if either of them did not struggle like this.

The termination of that relation was too abrupt, too sudden, her head might still be spinning.

I think (but hope not) she might get back with SJ. At least she will struggle with the idea, after the divorce and if SJ pursues her.

DP and BH

Frankly, these are the least interesting character to analyze, IMHO.

Both are good actors, great facial expressions, great chemistry. You truly believe this is a real couple.

The dagger shotting eyes of DP and puppy-innocent eyes of BH is so fun to watch (the scene on the bus when DP chased BH down was a gem).

I know we wished for them to be together soon. Now that they are a couple and struggling through all these other issues, it is less fun.

Mr Na - is still is a respectable and cute guy. Can you believe he farted in the bed. Most men in his age do that. Hehehe... :)

Mr Bong - is still a wussie. But he might do something in the rest of the drama.

DJ - a strong actress with a weak part in this drama. Mrs Na has better scenes and scripts. Better script on her dealing with DH/Sonia.

Guest freezspirit

Thanks yc630621 you summed it up better than me.

About JY, I don't hate her / dislike her but I just felt that the scriptwriters have missed a great opportunity, shes a great actress but with her character I feel she hasn't been able to develop further, its like the writers only bring her out once in a while.

About SA, at the beginning I felt like she was a (can't think of the word) brat. She gets what she wants cos of her family/money even if its a person. She knew SJ had a girlfriend yet wanted him. Yet I think she did love him cos she was willing to move in with his family.

As for Mrs Na she wanted her son to marry SA has she wanted to climb up the society/social ladder, At the beginning she always put down DJ (I don't know if she still does as I'm only up to ep 90). Her Karma is that she has a daughter in law that can't do house work and cooking.

Surprisingly with Mr Bongs character you wouldn't believe he's the top boss of Bonjour he's such a wuss.

I do like Mr Na but again the writers could you so much more.

Guest SillyYun

wow SJ and SA ended quite a mess isnt it?

LOL SA kinda hit the nail on SJ saying that he wants Bonjour, well at least she sees the right thing now instead of getting so naive and blinded by SJ's lies..But I wonder if SJ is in love with SA or JY now..he seems to be in love with SA when seeing how much he wants her back, but then when its about BH and WJ he looks like he cant lose his seat at work..Its kinda hard to catch what he really wants, whether JY or SA the one that he loves..

Today we gonna see ep 134 right? thanks dramaok again~

That took u quite a long time to make the caps right? I can understand cos I did summary back during ep 80s and i have to pause every few minutes..Thanks for ur effort, I read them through so happily plus the pics of it..I didnt even really watch the eps now, cos I know what they gonna say on the episodes ahha~

HOw's the english subs doing? Seriously if theres no full eps of the drama, i wonder if someone would be nice to be a timer for this drama, I can translate and help~

This thread is really running ^_^

Mostly I agree with yc630621. But I still don't like your idea about SJ and JY. JY is already stupid enough meddle with SJ-SA affairs, hope she's not that idiot to accept SJ again. WJ is much much worthy, at least he never give any hurt to JY's family.

rafaelle, is there any news about DP-BH shooting photos?

Thanks cococrust, dramaok and bm for your great works. Btw, we'll miss you, bm.

Guest Cerise

yc630621, you're points are so clear and realistic. I suppose most of what you wrote is true and the drama may follow the same ideas. But I have to say I wouldn't like it if they margined WJ to make way for SJ and JY reunion. It would be ridiculous especially if Mrs. Na would welcome JY in the end. I really can't imagine that happening. :mellow:

It's true that JY should struggle as a woman after a sudden and unexplainable break up. But she needs a closure to that relationship that's all. Her not love anyone for awhile, it's natural. I felt that they writers should have shown some progress toward WJ from JY's side before SA and SJ divorce issue. Then we wouldn't think a tiny bit of SJ and JY getting back together. I agree with freezspirit, JY hasn't developed further. I mean going through a cruel break up, being slaps few times, having water splashed all over her face, and nearly getting bald after hair her pulled out few times, should have taught her a lesson or two. I like her character and the actress is really good, however the writers are neglecting her so much, they could have done better. :unsure:

Guest uni33

yc630621, that was a good summary. I agree with most of your thoughts except the DH, MA, Sonia triangle. It seems that a lot of people find DH and Sonia's storyline boring but I think it's rather sweet. MA is very immature and provides a lot of comic relief, those fight scenes are so much fun! However, I think it's interesting that she is the most vocal and active in response to JY being dumped and treated badly by SA and co., but then turns around and treats Sonia badly once she finds out she is dating DH. Same device used with Mrs. Na, she is also very moved and upset by her tv drama where the bad guy dumps the good girl, both woman are upset by wrongdoing but cannot see that they themselves are doing wrong. I'm sure there will be a lesson in there for both women soon.

As a caveat, I am married and have a child and am Korean so understand the mentality of staying together for the children but don't think that is the best thing. Also as a mother I think what MA did was unforgiveable. I can see leaving her child if she thought there was no where to go but she has a brother, sister, and niece who love their nephew and would gladly take him in and for her to leave him and go on vacation is absolutely terrible. I think for MA, she needs to understand what it is to be a mother before she should find love for herself. Of course Chan loves her because he is young and I'm sure she does love him but she is not a good mother, forgetting to go to his school, using him to pressure DH (who she walked out on by the way) to reconcile, and let's not forget abandoning him in the first place.

As for Sonia and DH, I agree that DH was very immature but he wants to be a better father and person because Sonia made him realize that he cannot be so irresponsible. Thoughout the drama, you see him becoming more responsible and becoming more self-aware, I think his character has developed a lot in this drama. He isn't perfect but he realizes that he has to work harder to provide for the people that he loves and needs to move out of his sister's house and he is taking steps to that end. I don't think it's fair to say, get your affairs in order before you fall in love, no one can control who or when they love.

If Sonia is the person who made him want to be a better person and father than that is the basis of a solid relationship. Sonia is a kind person who genuinely cares for DH and Chan. She clearly values family and even when BH's mom told her not to continue seeing DH, she was respectful to her and took her advice in the spirit it was given.

I really like the DH, MA, and Sonia storyline as it raises interesting points about love and relationships. It's not the typical love triangle and I think in the end both DH and MA will become more mature and realize that even though they are not suited as a couple, they can get along because they both love their son. In this case I think Sonia seems more the role of the quiet, suffering, good girl who will do what's right which is interesting because she's the foreigner and MA is not...

Archived