[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

Guest dramaok

EP. 131 (wed march 5 '08):

migo131avi000116349sg7.jpg

SA: omo honey, what is this now?!

Hwang: then i'll get going.

SA: that man is that girl's father, right? why is he here to see you?

SJ: he just had some business here. Sooah ssi, please just let it pass, i plead you.

SA: nope! i must know. what is in this envelope (grabs it and opens) omo such large sum of money! why is such large sum going back and forth between you and him?

SJ: it's nothing. i'll tell you later on.

SA: fine. if you don't tell me then i'll find out myself! (storms out and drives off)

migo131avi000185351xz2.jpg

SJ: fine. Sooah ssi let me explain it to you so come back.

SA: (hangs up and continues to drive)

migo131avi000383549gh5.jpgmigo131avi000346446yl5.jpg

SA: where's your dad? i'm asking you!

JY: why would you want to see my dad?

SA: why does your dad meet my Seonjae ssi? and what is that envelope!

JY: what envenlope.

SA: omo look at this pretentious girl. i saw it w/ my own eyes!

migo131avi000403369ut8.jpg

Miae arrives and tells SA she will tell her about the money if she's so curious, but JY tells MA not to say anything. Meanwhile SJ continues to try calling SA but SA is not answering. Miae tells SA and JY about what the money was for and SA gets irate. then SJ arrives.

migo131avi000441741cd3.jpg

SA: (to SJ) why did you come here? are you scared that i would do something to that bitcch?

MA: oh you came in the right time. i explained to your wife but she's not hearing it. would Ji-Yeong return the money if she begged for it huh?

SJ: let's go Sooah ssi. Ji-Yeongee doesn't know anything. i'll explain to you.

SA: (beats him w/ purse)

SJ: Sooah ssi stop!

SA: what? Ji-Yeongee doesn't know? is it still Ji-Yeongee to you? (leaves)

SJ: i'm sorry to cuz this wreck.

SJ goes after SA and tells her the matter is something that doesn't concern either of them, but SA tells him to go tell that JY's dog instead.

---

migo131avi000631564ab3.jpg

GJ brings fresh octopus to make spicy octopus for Jaebok since he's under a lotta stress and spicy food is supposed to relieve stress. then JY comes home angry.

JY: dad, you should've told me. why is it that i'm the only one who doesn't know?

dad: miae did you tell her?

MA: no that girl came.

aunt: which girl? Seonjae's wife.

MA: yup. she made a big fuss. i pity him actually seeing that.

JY: but dad, where did you get that money? the money you paid him with?

dad: --

JY: what is this? you all have something else hiding from me?

aunt: it's Woo-Jin's.

JY: what? Senior Woojin's??

aunt: we decided to use his money since it's urgent, and once this house sells we were gonna pay him back.

---

migo131avi000731664qv9.jpgmigo131avi000750483ng6.jpg

BH textmessages DP to see her up on the rooftop.. JK is wondering why BH is gone too.

migo131avi000775341ju6.jpgmigo131avi000781647xo8.jpg

DP: oh.. it looks yummy.. but why cake all of sudden?

BH: after your mom came like that you seemed gloom so i got it for you to cheer up.

DP: ehhh.. but since you bought cake you should've bought a whole cake everyone's hungry right now.

BH: i was going too but if i do that then my heart for you wouldnt' be obvious!

DP: but still.. i feel kinda bad..

BH: eh.. but that isn't an apologetic look.. you're smiling like you're so happy.

DP: omo.. what should i do?

BH: what?

DP: oh.. i shouldn't do this.. but i keep smiling.. hehe...

BH :hehe.. me too! oh but you should hurry and eat..

migo131avi000854253ad5.jpg

DP: mmmm it's yummy.. ahhh (teases BH w/ a fake bite for him but she eats instead)

BH: what the..

DP: fine.. here you go.. ahhh..

BH: ahhhh...

migo131avi000863629nz8.jpg

JK: omo! what are you two doing right now?.. you two.. were you like this all along then? Baekho ssi would you step away for a while. i have something to discuss with Teamlead.. i mean Na Danpoong ssi.

DP: yeah.. i think it's better i talk to Seo Ju-Kyeong ssi.

JK: teamlead you don't look it but you are a funny person.

DP: Ju-Kyeong ssi please calm down first.

JK: do i look like i am calm!

DP: (sigh)

JK: i clearly asked you to look favorably at me and Baekho ssi but this..

DP: i'll apologize on that.

JK: sorry? after stealing someone else's man?

DP: that.. Ju-Kyeong ssi..

JK: i don't care to hear any more excuses!! but.. aren't you two inlaws? funny! gee. let's see how far you two will go.. how unfortunate!

---

migo131avi001080446pn5.jpg

DP: omo mom are you crying?

mom: come watch Danpoong.. today is the last episode.. the protoganist is dying from cancer. the woman he abandoned came to see him... i can't bare to watch this this is so sad.. he's begging for forgivenss at his deathbed.. he abandoned her for a better life but what life is this.. oh..

DP: oh mother.. you mocked him so much saying how bad he was..

dad: (snoring)

mom: how can he sleep watching such a sad drama.

DP: dad! sleep in the room!

dad: did i sleep? i didn't sleep.

migo131avi001155487lw5.jpg

SJ comes home really drunk. Mrs. Na wonders if SJ and SA fought again and tells DP to call SA but dad comes in and says they should just ask SJ tomorrow first.

---

migo131avi001186885rz4.jpg

DP: it's me.

BH: are you alright?

DP: why?

BH: i think you must be concerned about Senior Seo.

DP: yeah. i feel bad towards Seo Ju-Kyeong.

BH: i'll talk to her tomorrow so don't worry and go to bed.

DP: no. i think it's better i talk to her myself.

BH: ya?

DP: yes. i think that's better.

BH: would you like me to sing you a lullaby to cheer you up?

DP: no but is everything okay at your home?

BH:why?

DP: well my brother and new sister went out on a date, but my brother came back alone really drunk so i was wondering if she went there.

BH: no.. would you textmessage me if Soo-Ah comes home.

DP: okay..

BH: then see you tomorrow..

---

migo131avi001332531dj2.jpgmigo131avi001319384uh6.jpg

SA: (sobbing) dad..

dad: Sooah ya.. Sooah..

SA: what am i gonna do dad.. what am i..?

dad: what happened..

SA: dad.. don't tell me to go to that house.. dont' tell me to go live with Seonjae ssi.. i beg you dad..

dad: okay okay...

---

next morning SJ goes to work early. Mrs. Na calls him asking what happened to SA and SJ says probably so.

migo131avi001368166na3.jpg

mom: did you two have problems again? what is it now?

SJ: mom i'll meet with Sooah ssi and resolve it so don't worry.

at the Bong's the granny sees MS looking pale and asks what's happened.

migo131avi001415414eu5.jpg

MS: Sooah is here right now.

granny: what? (gets up)

MS: mother. wait. i think it's really bad this time. i think she needs time to herself so leave to to think by herself.

granny: what?

MS: i don't really know the details either but i think things are really bad with son in law Na.

---

migo131avi001522988jd3.jpg

DP: Seo Ju-Kyeong ssi.. would you like some morning coffee too?

BH: yeah.. have some morning cofee too.

JK: gee but don't you two look great together. but does Director know about this two? omo.. it appears not!!

migo131avi001578343zb4.jpg

DH goes to pick up Chan from school and Chan looks at other kids who are with both their dads and moms.

Miae shows up.

migo131avi001708173td2.jpgmigo131avi001633531tf4.jpg

MA: Chan-ah! Do you like it when you come to pizza place with mom and dad?

Chan: yup. i'm blissful!

MA: blissful! honey! listen to our Chanee.. he understands blissful.. honey, you really dont' want us to be together the three of us?

Chan: dad! mom! are we gonna live together again?!

MA: well that is up to dad.. that's why i am telling dad the three of us should live together again. see? look at how happy he is.

DH: no Chanee you will continue to live with dad, but instead, you can see mom whenever you want.

MA: are you really gonna be like this?

DH: you stop acting like this!

MA: Chanee listen to me clearly. from now on you're not gonna live with dad and aunt anymore. from now on you're gonna live with me and the other aunts.

DH: no that's not true Chanee..

MA: dad's gonna marry some other woman so you're gonna live with me from now on.

DH: Hwang Miae! stop!

MA: why? he should know too.

DH: is this the proper way to tell him? i've been waiting to tell him for the right time but this brash way of telling him!

Chanee: (tearful) couldn't i live with you and mom? i want to live with daddy and mommy! (crying)

MA: (to DH) must you be like this?

---

migo131avi001812110ih6.jpgmigo131avi001813278za3.jpg

JY: senior. why didn't you tell me? that it was him who saved our home? and why did you lend money to my father?

WJ: oh.. you found out..

JY: i'm angry at you too! i feel like i've been treated like a dummy!

WJ: you're really a dummy aren't you? we did it on purose. because it was Na Seon-Jae ssi. do you think we did it to make a dummy out of you? we did it because we didn't want to see you hurt again.

---

migo131avi001951249li1.jpg

SJ: what is this?

SA: divorce papers.

=====================

preview tomorrow:

★ 132회:: 2008년 3월 6일 목요일

선재는 이혼서류를 찢어버리고 수아는 꼭 이혼하겠다며 가버린다. 선재는 만수가 앞으로 일을 보고 할 때는 박팀장을 통하라며 싸늘하게 대하자 당황스러운데... 한편 단풍과 백호의 관계를 안 주경은 의도적으로 단풍에게 커피를 쏟고 발을 걸어 넘어뜨리며 단풍을 괴롭힌다. 백호는 단풍에게 언제까지 둘의 관계를 숨길 수는 없다며 선재를 만나 둘의 관계를 말하자고 하는데...

미애에게 선재와 수아가 이혼위기에 놓였다는 말을 들은 지영은 충격으로 굳고, 외출준비를 하던 수아는 지영의 전화를 받게 되는데...

Seon-Jae tears up the divorce papers, but Soo-Ah leaves saying she must divorce. Mansu tells Seon-Jae to go through Park Teamlead from now on when he needs to report something to him, and Seon-Jae is thrown into disconcert. Meanwhile, Ju-Kyeong who found out about Danpoong and Baekho's relationship spills coffee on Danpoong on purpose to torment her. Ji-Yeong is shocked stiff when she finds out from Miae about Seon-Jae and Soo-Ah at the risk of divorce. Soo-Ah who is about to leave home gets a call from Ji-Yeong...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kauaisurfer

This reminds me a joke.

Same goes for SJ. Brag this to himself?

Sorry, no disrespect meant, but I think that is only going to drive himself nuts if his intention was to "brag this to himself".

We both take no offense...We just do not agree with you on this issue.

The Wonderful thing about Soompi is the multitude of opinions and meeting people the world over...

Guest dramaok

No one on the show remotely saw privacy as the issue... the issue was SJ keeping a sweater from his past, not SA looking through a box in the closet. Everyone asked SJ why he would even keep the sweater, not how SA found it or why she was going through a box in her own closet. All the characters on the show were in agreement that SJ was in the wrong and that SA had every right to be angry, BUT that she should try to think of the past as the past and SJ should do all he can to appease SA because they didn't want them to get a divorce.

i agree with you 100%. this is how i see it too.

also i think maybe the issue of privacy is more americanized thinking than korean.

yes there is such thing as personal privacy in korea but concepts like personal space, privacy between spouses are not as relevant.

Same goes for SJ. Brag this to himself?

Sorry, no disrespect meant, but I think that is only going to drive himself nuts if his intention was to "brag this to himself".

thx for the joke. regarding SJ.. i think he is in some ways a very complex person whose intentions and motives aren't always clear to us.. and perhaps not apparent to himself either.. but on the other hand he is such a simple-minded person who always solves urgent issues facing him with temporary easy solutions.. instead of thinking of long term consequences and the big picture.

Guest professor97

I'd like to throw this out as a point of discussion. Remember that Mrs. Na is rather consumed with a KD drama where the protagonist is a bad character like SJ--well its interesting in the last summary that Dramoak did--the KD came up again:

mom: come watch Danpoong.. today is the last episode.. the protoganist is dying from cancer. the woman he abandoned came to see him... i can't bare to watch this this is so sad.. he's begging for forgivenss at his deathbed.. he abandoned her for a better life but what life is this.. oh..

That really is a frequently used literary device harkening back to Shakespearan drama called the play within a play--and it is usualy there as a foreshadowing of things to come--a sort of hint to the main characters.

SJ might have to die for all to be resolved. DP and BH will then no longer be in-laws because SJ is dead; JY will be free to love again, and SA can have daddy and granny make it all better for her after her husband dies after they have reconciled--can you hear Yellow Handerkerchief in the background?

I agree SJ is very selfish, but I do believe he really loves JY; she and he have a past, and while SA and the trappings of wealth are very tempting, what is happening is much like when we buy those cute adorable fashionable shoes that cost us so dearly. We like the way they make us look to the outside world, but they will never make us as happy as our old shoes--the ones that have molded to our feet over the years. JY and SJ know and understand each other--yeah his is not the kind of love any of us would be lining up for, but he does love. And think of the example at home of what marital love is like--it's a bit cold in that house, don't you think? But there is a familiarity with JY that makes SJ comfortable--and that never was clearer to him than when another man entered her life. He can't get JY to leave WJ, but he can pay the debt--not out of guilt--but to emasculate his opponent in the battle over JY's affection. "See I am the one who came to your rescue JY"--even if JY had never found out. Just his clumsy way of "hiding" it when he knew the Hwang family would be curious and thankful to the person that came to their aid proved that in some way he wanted at least WJ to find out.

So far no big hospital scenes--I think I hear SJ feeling a little under the weather---

also i think maybe the issue of privacy is more americanized thinking than korean.

yes there is such thing as personal privacy in korea but concepts like personal space, privacy between spouses are not as relevant.

I'm still learning the rules. :sweatingbullets:

However, sometimes my Americanized way of thinking is so strong that I can't see it any other way. Yes privacy is a biggy in America.

In the Information Technology world just because a programmer has access privildeges to confidential files does not give him/her the right to view those files. In fact the programmer can be stripped of their priviledges and/or fired for abusing their power if they access the file for non professional reasons.

Guest yc630621

SJ did it for self-gratification, not to get praise from others. He only thinks of himself, what does he care about what others think about him? If he cared what others thought, he wouldn't have dumped JY after practically getting engaged to her by meeting her entire family NOR would he have gone about restructuring Bonjour by firing long time employees via text message without a second thought. Also, he didn't give JY's dad everything he owned. It was everything he AND SA owned... they are married after all. If he was single, that's one thing, but for SJ to give money of all things to JY's family, after dumping JY for money? It wasn't honorable, it just added insult to injury. He couldn't have hurt JY's dad worse even if he had tried. Besides, giving money away isn't a big personal sacrifice to someone who has (or will have) plenty of money. What would have been a bigger personal sacrifice is respecting JY and her family by NOT getting involved when he was dying to get involved.

I wrote an article to reply the above and then I suddenly realize it is a moot point.

On this point, I am not going to (neither do I intend to) persuade anyone else.

Let us just say, I trust good human nature and I trust he has good intention in doing this.

This is very different from Mrs Na giving money to JY "now get away from my precisios son!"

He is not looking to be praised, he tried to hide.

He did not brag (the brag-to-himself was n viewer's mind, they did not show any thing on TV about this, not even an evil smirk).

He was not trying to hurt, he was trying to help.

What else should he do? To the person he still have feelings for? Stay away and pretend he does not know.

Guest claireli

Just wondering, do you think if SA and SJ get a divorce that it will be easier or harder for DP and BH to gain approval? They won't be inlaws anymore, but the two families probably won't be on such good terms....

Another thing, dramaok, I think in your preview translation you missed one sentence,

백호는 단풍에게 언제까지 둘의 관계를 숨길 수는 없다며 선재를 만나 둘의 관계를 말하자고 하는데...

It seems that BH is thinking of telling SJ about him and DP, since they don't know how long they can keep it a secret. Am I right?

I'd like to throw I agree SJ is very selfish, but I do believe he really loves JY; she and he have a past, and while SA and the trappings of wealth are very tempting, what is happening is much like when we buy those cute adorable fashionable shoes that cost us so dearly. We like the way they make us look to the outside world, but they will never make us as happy as our old shoes--the ones that have molded to our feet over the years. JY and SJ know and understand each other--yeah his is not the kind of love any of us would be lining up for, but he does love. And think of the example at home of what marital love is like--it's a bit cold in that house, don't you think? But there is a familiarity with JY that makes SJ comfortable--and that never was clearer to him than when another man entered her life. He can't get JY to leave WJ, but he can pay the debt--not out of guilt--but to emasculate his opponent in the battle over JY's affection. "See I am the one who came to your rescue JY"--even if JY had never found out. Just his clumsy way of "hiding" it when he knew the Hwang family would be curious and thankful to the person that came to their aid proved that in some way he wanted at least WJ to find out.

So far no big hospital scenes--I think I hear SJ feeling a little under the weather---

Yep! That's the way I see it.

Meanwhile, Ju-Kyeong who found out about Danpoong and Baekho's relationship spills coffee on Danpoong on purpose to torment her. Ji-Yeong is shocked stiff when she finds out from Miae about Seon-Jae and Soo-Ah at the risk of divorce. Soo-Ah who is about to leave home gets a call from Ji-Yeong...

So what do you all think about Ju-Kyeong's behavior/attitude and Ji-Yeong's the phone call?

Guest kauaisurfer

I'm still learning the rules. :sweatingbullets:

However, sometimes my Americanized way of thinking is so strong that I can't see it any other way. Yes privacy is a biggy in America.

In the Information Technology world just because a programmer has access privildeges to confidential files does not give him/her the right to view those files. In fact the programmer can be stripped of their priviledges and/or fired for abusing their power if they access the file for non professional reasons.

In Hong Kong...They call that "Edison Chen"...

gerryg, as usual you make an insighful point. Everyone who posts brings their own set of values etc into they way they see the storyline.

Americans usually value privacy & the rights of the indiviual as a paramount concern.

My Japanese wife...always mentions in Japan ..."the nail that sticks out get hammered down"....Japanese value the group concern.

....Here in Surfers Paradise...we do not have a true korean community (actually never met a korean surfer)...so my only insight is from the soompi board & the dramas I watch!

Guest yc630621

I'd like to throw this out as a point of discussion. Remember that Mrs. Na is rather consumed with a KD drama where the protagonist is a bad character like SJ--well its interesting in the last summary that Dramoak did--the KD came up again:

That really is a frequently used literary device harkening back to Shakespearan drama called the play within a play--and it is usualy there as a foreshadowing of things to come--a sort of hint to the main characters.

SJ might have to die for all to be resolved. DP and BH will then no longer be in-laws because SJ is dead; JY will be free to love again, and SA can have daddy and granny make it all better for her after her husband dies after they have reconciled--can you hear Yellow Handerkerchief in the background?

I agree SJ is very selfish, but I do believe he really loves JY; she and he have a past, and while SA and the trappings of wealth are very tempting, what is happening is much like when we buy those cute adorable fashionable shoes that cost us so dearly. We like the way they make us look to the outside world, but they will never make us as happy as our old shoes--the ones that have molded to our feet over the years. JY and SJ know and understand each other--yeah his is not the kind of love any of us would be lining up for, but he does love. And think of the example at home of what marital love is like--it's a bit cold in that house, don't you think? But there is a familiarity with JY that makes SJ comfortable--and that never was clearer to him than when another man entered her life. He can't get JY to leave WJ, but he can pay the debt--not out of guilt--but to emasculate his opponent in the battle over JY's affection. "See I am the one who came to your rescue JY"--even if JY had never found out. Just his clumsy way of "hiding" it when he knew the Hwang family would be curious and thankful to the person that came to their aid proved that in some way he wanted at least WJ to find out.

Dear Prof,

I cannot believe you are still wishing SJ dead from a liver cancer (or something like that). :)

I must say I do agree with you on one point. SJ is selfish but he loves JY.

He did not realize how much and he did not know how important that was.

Now he is finding out the cold truth.

I think this is very realistic in everyday life. Young men and women did not appreciate what they have and did not know how to love.

Later, they regret. Not many of them has a chance to fix that later in their life. In this drama, Mr Bong, had a very rare second chance.

To those happily married and never had any doubt you made the right choice (myself included, wish my wife would read this), you are very lucky.

yc6

Guest Animefanzgirl

I have always been just a lurker :ph34r: but I had to reply...Professor what EXCELLENT observations. If I had brownie points to give you I would. :w00t:B)

As for Dramaok and all the great posters Thank you for the episode synopsis and screenshots. FAB-U-LOUS Job! :w00t:B)

I don't even watch this drama on TV anymore...I just read the spoilers on here. :D

Guest kauaisurfer

To those happily married and never had any doubt you made the right choice (myself included, wish my wife would read this), you are very lucky.

yc6

...I openly admit ...I am SO Happy the Osaka girl came into my life...

Guest yc630621

I don't even watch this drama on TV anymore...I just read the spoilers on here. :D

I know exactly what you are talking about. I said I feel like readin Manwa instead of watching TV drama now.

It is mixed love-hate feeling to read those spoilers with screen shots.

On one hand, you know you will regret because it would be less fun when you finally download it and watch on TV.

On the other hand, there was no way you could resist. You just have to know what happened.

Lastly, it is actually more fun watching those screen shots with DP shooting daggers from her eyes to BH (than on TV).

HJH is an actress with lots of great expressions.

Guest damifino

What if, just bare with me on this, what if the situation is like he could help easily but he refused to.

(it was not easy to decide to sell everything he owned in a split of a second, it is not like he spent any time worked on a evil plan)

Under the circumstances, the DECENT thing for SJ to have done would have been to refuse to help EVEN IF it were a situation he could help easily. The thing about the tacky way he dumped JY and humiliated her family honor is that he absolutely relinquished all access he had to her life. He doesn't have the right to insert himself into her life whenever he feels like, whether it is to help or not.

thx for the joke. regarding SJ.. i think he is in some ways a very complex person whose intentions and motives aren't always clear to us.. and perhaps not apparent to himself either.. but on the other hand he is such a simple-minded person who always solves urgent issues facing him with temporary easy solutions.. instead of thinking of long term consequences and the big picture.

Korea definitely has less emphasis on privacy between spouses since you become one when you get married, but even in my Americanize view (and everyone I know tells me that I'm more private/into privacy than anyone they know), I don't see what SA did as anything wrong. It was a box in her closet which she was told by Mrs. Na was just some miscellaneous stuff that she thought that SJ might want to keep from before the redecoration of the room. As I mentioned before, my American friends who are married all have passwords to each others' email accounts and phones which I personally think are way more private than anything that you could easily find in a box in the bedroom closet. Everyone needs privacy and space, but when one gets married, the boundaries become more flexible than when one is single.

As for SJ, folks who overestimate their abilities to the point that they think they can get away with their every behavior (such as thinking a person like JY's father won't seek out the person who paid off the debt to show his gratitude and he can get away with paying off a huge debt), lack of empathy (not thinking about how SA or JY feels), sense of entitlement... classic symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder.

JY and SJ know and understand each other--yeah his is not the kind of love any of us would be lining up for, but he does love. And think of the example at home of what marital love is like--it's a bit cold in that house, don't you think? But there is a familiarity with JY that makes SJ comfortable--and that never was clearer to him than when another man entered her life.

I'm not even sure if it's so much that they understand each other as it is JY is pretty much a docile person who does everything as SJ wants without causing a ruckus so SJ doesn't have to think about her much. SJ seemed perfectly content with SA and his new life when SA didn't get mad at him or he didn't have troubles at work. It was only when he faced a problem that he started to seek out JY.

He did not brag (the brag-to-himself was n viewer's mind, they did not show any thing on TV about this, not even an evil smirk).

He was not trying to hurt, he was trying to help.

What else should he do? To the person he still have feelings for? Stay away and pretend he does not know.

They did show him smiling/smirking to himself in his office :ph34r: Seriously, if he still had feelings for her that he has to interject himself into her life, he should have not left her in the first place. He can't have it both ways.

So what do you all think about Ju-Kyeong's behavior/attitude and Ji-Yeong's the phone call?

I think JK is overstepping her bounds as someone who works under DP. It's one thing to be catty and sabotage a rival for the affections of a guy you like, but how does she think she'll get away with that seeing as DP is basically her boss? As for the phone call, JY has the same problems as SJ. She can't just leave well-enough alone. She tells SJ not to interject himself into her life and yet she keeps almost inviting it by going to talk to him at every turn and now his wife. She has "doormat" written all over her. SA's beat down on her on a couple of occasions still hasn't knocked any sense into her.

Guest professor97

Yc630621--I don't want SJ to die--I'm just saying that as a professional writer myself I recognize that old trick of play within a play--and there's a reason that a KD drama is being watched by Mrs Na.

Just saying I think there's bad news coming. If SA tells Mansu what SJ did this time, he will not forgive SJ. There's no way, as many of you have said, for him to justify his actions to the SA's family. Granny witch will go berzerk. Period and he'll have a price to pay.

Guest merela

I was just watching ep 100 where JY got beaten up by SA at the coffee shop after SA saw JY and SJ talking in a coffee shop. JY was paying back SJ for her emergency room expenses. Seriously, JY really has extremely short memory because if any woman does that to me, I would stay as far away from her as possible. I mean it's not the first time SA trampled on JY. So why would JY call SA (in the preview of ep. 131). Why would she care whether SJ and SA divorce?! Unless 1) she is waiting eagerly in line for SJ or 2) she is too eager in declaring that she has nothing to do with their breakup. The irony is that she has EVERYTHING to do with their breakup. Unless JY is married or dead, SA would not be happy.

Even though her head tells her to have nothing to do with SJ, her heart and her actions continue to go the opposite direction. She could very well ask BH to give the emergency room expenses back to SJ. She didn't have to do it in person. It's like she wants to see him in person. I mean that was ep. 100. JY didn't seem to have learned her lessons in the last 30 episodes.

What a crazy marriage! SJ really gets nothing done with a wife like SA. It's always something. Does he have to work at Bonjour?! He can work at another company and get more respect. I think SJ's ultimate goal is to own and run Bonjour. But imagine the grief he would have to put up with (in terms of SA) to get to that point. Soon SJ will be evaluating to see whether SA is worth all this trouble.

I think how we view this drama and the characters depends greatly on our own background, experiences, age, and gender. So it's interesting to see the different view points. But the consensus is that the screen caps and the summaries are better than the real thing. It certainly takes less time!

BTW, what exactly did the fortuneteller said when Mrs. Na went to seek SA/SJ match-ability before they got married? Did he say they will separate or that they are a bad match?

Guest damifino

^ JY is an idiot. She's butting in where she has no business butting in.

As for SJ getting nothing done because of SA... she wouldn't be acting the way she is if it weren't for SJ's continued interference into JY's life. He has no one to blame for the state of his marriage except for himself. Every time SA is willing to forgive him and start anew to work on their marriage, he pulls yet another stunt. First, the musical Snoopy, the skipping her mother's memorial to be at the hospital with JY and paying for her medical bills, having JY at #1 quick-dial on his cellphone, going to JY's hospital and waiting outside for her, telling JY not to marry WJ, firing WJ, the sweater, paying the Hwang family debt and I'm sure there are more I didn't list. Honestly, SA is a lot more forgiving (or being more stupid) than I would be if I were in her shoes.

The fortuneteller said that SA/SJ match was bound to end up in a break-up so they weren't a good match.

Great episode last night. I hope SA stands by her "divorce" decision. The truth has been right on her face. She has given him chances, choose to be bilnd about th reality for sometime, but it didnt work out, so she should just go for divorce. If there's one thing the SJ's dark side ..his plans, his ambitions..he cant really give it his 110% because of what's in his heart. Even a guy as bad as him cant pretend for the sake of his ambitions that he has lost all the love for JY. He cant just keep his feelins to himself and suffer & endure the love he hid inside alone for the sake of his ambitions. His actions gave him away leading to all this. Cant get other people's life messy without messing his own...in end others can put theirs back on track on their own way...for the one who caused, wait for what will be left for him to pick up. Honestly, my fear is JY will take him back.

Of course we know as this unfolds DanBaek will be at the receiving end of the aftermath. How will they prove their love and intentions for each other are far from the "problematic" couple. Cant avoid but dont want to imagine scenes of suffering DanBaek.

Guest yc630621

Yc630621--I don't want SJ to die--I'm just saying that as a professional writer myself I recognize that old trick of play within a play--and there's a reason that a KD drama is being watched by Mrs Na.

Just saying I think there's bad news coming. If SA tells Mansu what SJ did this time, he will not forgive SJ. There's no way, as many of you have said, for him to justify his actions to the SA's family. Granny witch will go berzerk. Period and he'll have a price to pay.

I feel/hope it is just to reflect Mrs Na being the biggest hypocrite on earth.

Writing him into a major disease would be too cliche and unfair (IMHO).

Hmm, if I were SJ, I will be so relieved to get the divorce and start over again.

This is about time he realizes the difficulties he had with pampering such a childish wife and

being a son-in-law to a rich family. In life, it is more fun to earn what you get.

The divorce should feel like a "get-out-of-jail" card.

About what he did to SA's family. What do SA and Granny expect?

They knew he had a past and did what they could to push JY away.

Only Mansoo is justified to be disappointed.

Archived