[drama 2007] I Hate You, But It's Fine 미우나 고우나

Guest shorty_babygurl03

Guest dramaok

okay, so let's make a scenario how the secret reveals. maybe the writer sees this thread and uses it, who knows...

me first :P

1. someone, either MS or the witch get into an accident and break some vital organs which need to be replaced.

This is so cliche-ordinary and boring scenario which happens in almost all k-dramas

2. in contrast, this time BH got into a fatal accident, and need some donor (rare type of blood or organs maybe)

DJ has to reveal the secret in order to save her beloved son. and let's make the witch tries to be the donor but she can't due to her age... which make her feel more guilty toward BH. she has treated him real bad, and it comes up that he's her real grandson, but still she can't do anything to help him

although a bit cliche (about the accidents and the organs), but a little fresh plot to me

3. ....

anybody feel free to contribute some scenarios, he2x....

i think scenario #1 the very ultra super cliche one is very likely to happen since this drama is full of the usual cliche..

but if scenario #2 happens, i would like to see the witch try and donate her organ, but be told by the doctors that it's too evil to use.

Mz. Choi, thank you but your organ has been rejected due to its dark coloration and evil characteristics.

scenario #3:

granny witch accidently walks in when Baekho is just finishing up his shower and she sees the very unsual star shaped birthmark between Baekho's buttcheeks, the same birthmark that is trademark Bong, passed down from generations of Bong men . and she connects the dots.

scenario #4:

Baekho passes the permanent employee exam, and Mansoo looks at Baekho's hiring papers proudly, but suddenly notices that Baekho's date of birth is exactly 9 months after the night of heated passion between him and Dongji some 30 years ago and Mansu becomes suspicious....

scenario #5:

Dongji gets drunk for the first time in her life when things get really rough at home at the news that Danpoong and Baekho are dating...

and Dongji lashes out at the granny witch and reveals Baekho is a Bong Baekho.

----------

someone needs to give Sooah a big whack. i'm getting so tired of her whinning and acting like a really tall teenager all the time.

she needs to get a grip. c'mom she knew fully well that she stole Seonjae from Jiyeong like a game prize and now she is playing the role of an innocent little wifey. enough girl!!! i bet she and Seonjae don't really get a divorce though. probably she willl find out she 's pregnant in the next few episodes. even though she's taking the pill as it turns out it only works on human genepool. if you have sex with a pig you will still get little pigglets in you. read the fine print next time.

i'm also getting really bored with DanBaek.. oops.. i hope they pick up the pace on that storyline. i can only take so much corny stuff and this is starting to get too corny...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SillyYun

kauaisufer: dramaok did good job in summarise! Its not need to double post on summarising :P

I enjoyed her works~

awww thanks for ep 130..

After reading through dramaok's ep 130..

LOL its really GONE CASE for SA getting mad at SJ, if i'm SA i seriously will go mad and scream like hell! Mansoo gonna tell SJ that he warns SJ not to make SA mad again if not its hard to get her back, and yeap HE DID!!! I think no one gonna help SJ now..

As for DP issue, I think her mom will get matchmaking for her!!! She probably cant take it and will say out with BH..but not in the next few eps..

Cant stand Yoon daeli doing those funny cheeky gestures knowing about DP and BH haha~ JK and Yoon i think they will have some lovey dovey short scenes later haha~

We havent seen anything about BH's vision getting blurred when he got hurt the other time..but I raelly hope this is like what the title and drama is about, something light hearted and funny and not so sad drama..

Guest allydean

but if scenario #2 happens, i would like to see the witch try and donate her organ, but be told by the doctors that it's too evil to use.

Mz. Choi, thank you but your organ has been rejected due to its dark coloration and evil characteristics.

scenario #3:

granny witch accidently walks in when Baekho is just finishing up his shower and she sees the very unsual star shaped birthmark between Baekho's buttcheeks, the same birthmark that is trademark Bong, passed down from generations of Bong men . and she connects the dots.

:lol::lol: good one,.. not only it is refreshing,.. we will also get some added bonus watching it,..

After Mansu & Mr. Na asked SJ to show more love & understanding to SA, there was a noticeable change in his behavior towards her. Apparently he took to heart what the two elders wanted him to do & was willing to heed their request. Then came the big blow to his fragile relationship with his wife & most probably the last straw.

Let me play the devil's advocate ... SJ only had the good intention to help JY & her family & he had no hidden agenda that his goodwill will be returned in any form nor did he intend to make JY come back to him thru his benevolence ... he could have done this to free himself from his guilt ... very crude IMO coz he did not realize the repercussions. But then, JY's family especially her dad should have been more considerate of SJ's predicament & he should have thought that by openly disclosing his unsolicited assistance to them, his marriage could be in danger if this reaches his wife who is allergic to anything about JY. IF Jaebok wanted to return the money, he could have done it in a more discreet manner. There was no need to make it a big issue coz they did not seek his help ... his was plain & simple concern & he did not even want it known.

Guest professor97

And what type of KD drama would it be if a secret was not outed--SJ may feel guilty, but my guess is he paid the debt out of his love for JY--nothing less. He may have reconciled himself to the fact that he needed to make SA happy, but he loves JY.

My guess is at the end SJ will be without a wife and will have to stand by and watch JY be happy with someone else.

KARMA! KARMA! KARMA!

And SA and Granny Witch will be left to live in that big house by themselves, with SA having to cook!

KARMA!

i think scenario #1 the very ultra super cliche one is very likely to happen since this drama is full of the usual cliche..

Hahahah, what I would give to see that.

someone needs to give Sooah a big whack.

I would gladly volunteer if I could. :lol: I just absolutely despise her. She deserves everything she's getting and more. It's true that SJ was wrong for marrying her without loving her, but SA also lead him to do that. She used her money and position to steal SJ from JY. SJ is far from innocent and has a different punishment set aside for him. But SA doesn't deserve any sympathy either. She chose that life, she should live with.

I want WJ and JY to be given more screen time... less with JY moping, and more of them knowing and understanding each other more... I'd like to see them together, but I want to be able to believe that JY is really over SJ and has fallen for WJ.

Guest bm05om

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나

( I Hate You But It's Fine)

migo01jf3.jpg

Official Title:미우나 고우나 (KBS Daily Drama)

Official Site:

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/migo/

Also known as: Likeable or Not / I Hate You, But It's Fine

Genre: Romance/Comedy

PD : Lee DeokGeon

Writers : Kim SaGyeong, Baek YeongSuk, Choe HyeonJa

Number of Episodes: 173

Broadcast Air Time: Mondays to Fridays 20:25 (Korea Time)

Broadcast Station: KBS1

Broadcast Period: Sept 03,2007 - May 02,2008

Casts: Han Ji Hye,Kim Ji Suk,Jo Dong Hyuk,Yoo In Young,Lee Young Eun,Lee Joong Moon,

Lee Sang Yoon,Kim Hye Ok,Kang In Duk, Kim Young Ok,Kim Hae Sook,Lee Jung Gil,

Lee Ja Young,Kim Chan Woo,Eva Popiel,Park Joon Mok, Kim Sung Hwan,Suh Seung Hyun

*source: wikipedia/KBS World*

12434_1.jpg

20070806000007120070806000007909.jpg

- The Story -

A Quest for True Meaning of a Family

"Likeable or Not" searches into the true meaning of family as a stepson, BaekHo, truly becomes a member of the step-family after his mother remarries. A true family is not based on blood-relations or the same surnames but on love for and interest in each other.

Stories of Love, Success and Failure

Good-for-nothing BaekHo meets his formidable match DanPung and starts from the bottom, climbing up the ladder to success. In the world where money seems to be the power, BaekHo's quest for love contrasts to SeonJae's ambitious ascent and subsequent downfall.

Our Neighbors' Small Triumphs Will Give Hope

"Likable of Not" presents the life of an upright civil servant, a single father who raises his daughter with much affection and self-sacrifice. At the same time, it will look into struggles divorced couples would have to go through. Also, the drama will show a glimpse of what it would be like for a foreign woman to work in Korea with her "Korean Dream."

migo02gv5.jpg

- Characters/Casts -

Kang BaekHo

(Kim JiSeok)

chlikable01sx9.jpg

BaekHo Looks Fine on the Outside but is Empty Inside

He is a good-looking lad but is jobless and ambitionless. On every weekend, he visits horse tracks. One of few good qualities he has is his forever optimistic view and friendliness toward anyone around him. He doesn't believe in hard work but rather in chance. One day, his mother marries a rich man. BaekHo dreams of a new high life,until he meets DanPung.

Na DanPung

(Han JiHye)

chlikable02md3.jpg

DanPung the Wise Owl

Growing up under the showdown of her brilliant brother, she has become a quick-witted, adaptable, and competitive woman. She has truly earned what she has. The only thing left on her "to do" list is finding a right guy. She is searching for Mr. Right but bumps into BaekHo, the last person she would even lay an eye on.

Na SeonJae

(Jo DongHyeok )

chlikable03uf8.jpg

SeonJae is the most eligible bachelor with befitting charisma and ability

He is not only good-looking but well-mannered. He has earned an MBA aboard and is working as a fund manager. He is reaping success after success with his through and through investment tactics. However, for success, he can turn his back on his long-loved one. He is sensitive to power of money and thus come head-to-head with his upright father who has worked as a civil servant all his life.

Bong SuA (Yu InYeong)

chlikable04mp8.jpg

SuA the Spoiled Brat

She lacks neither beauty nor money but is still greedy. She has to have the one she wants whether it is a person or a thing. Her obsession, at times, seems unbearable. She went to France to study art but returns home with an excuse to attend his father's second wedding. She may be the apple of an eye when she wants to be. So, her father and grandmother cannot deny her anything. However, she can be menacing to those she doesn't like, for instance, her stepmother and stepbrother.

Hwang JiYeong

(Lee YeongEun)

chlikable05og7.jpg

JiYeong is the epitome of love and innocence

She runs a small veterinary with her father. She has been dating SeonJae for long time. She is beautiful inside and out. She is considerate and yet strong. She shows her love through her sacrifice.

200712260028.jpg

200711230166.jpg

20070806000007920070806000007101.jpg

20070806000007404.jpg

migotitlekf7.jpg

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 Clubbox Links

http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca3

http://clubbox.co.kr/mdy80

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 @ Streaming Sites

~ AznV.tv(english subbed) - http://aznv.tv/en/drama/p.iD-NDU2/

~ Crunchyroll(english subbed) - http://www.crunchyroll.com/series-8755/Likeable-or-Not.html

~ Veoh(english subbed) - http://www.veoh.com/channels/likableornot

~ Tudou - http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id/1493119/

(there are a lot of MiGo playlists by different users on Tudou, you could also do a search with these characters 爱也好恨也好)

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 English Hardsubbed Direct Download

~ Original source: xraymind@Veoh,uploaded on MU by bm05om

~ All the episodes are LQ,and the formats are varied (.flv,.avi,.mp4)

~ The files are uploaded only until episode 70,for further episodes please check out the various online streaming options listed previously.

EP01 EP02 EP03 EP04 EP05 EP06 EP07 EP08 EP09 EP10 EP11 EP12 EP13 EP14 EP15

EP16 EP17 EP18 EP19 EP20 EP21 EP22 EP23 EP24 EP25 EP26 EP27 EP28 EP29 EP30

EP31 EP32 EP33 EP34 EP35 EP36/37 (joined by KBSWorld) EP38 EP39 EP40 EP41 EP42/43 EP44/45

EP46 EP47 EP48 EP49 EP50 EP51 EP52 EP53 EP54 EP55 EP56 EP57 EP58 EP59 EP60

EP61 EP62 EP63 EP64 EP65 EP66 EP67 EP68 EP69 EP70

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 Chinese Hardsubbed Direct Download

~ Cococrust Repository ~

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 OST

ostcoverao2.th.jpg

zipped(wma ~ 22mb): MU / MF

~ Tracklist/Translation by dramaok ~

uploaded by bm05om

1 러뷰 아키버드

love you - aquibird

2 날 보고 웃어 Various ..

look at me and smile - various

3 기다릴께 Various ..

i'll wait - various

4 안녕, 안녕 치열

bye, bye - chiyeol

5 둘만 웃던 바닷가 Various ..

beach where two of us laughed - various

6 금방, 잊혀질거야 Various ..

it will soon be forgotten - various

7 믿을 수 있나요 김성은

is it believable? - kim seong-eun

8 사랑이 다가오네 Various ..

love is nearing - various

9 너만 보면 웃음이 나와 Various ..

i smile when i see you - various

10 독.불.장.군(feat. SUPASIZE) 김지석

maverick (feat. supasize) - kim ji seok

11 눈물은 참아야지 Various ..

withholding the tears - various...

12 먼 어느날에 Various ..

some day far away- various...

Alternative/Extra links

~ BH's song at the karaoke: 전람회/김동렬 - 취중진담(醉中眞談)/Truth in Drunk Confession) ~

MU / SS / MF / Romanized Lyrics

~ DP's song at the karaoke: 쿨 - 송인 (Cool - Song In) ~

MU / SS

~ Opening Theme: Love You - Aquibird ~

MU / SS

~ Ahn nyeong Ahn nyeong (bye bye) - Chi Yeol ~

MU / SS / Romanized Lyrics+Translation

~ Is it believable? - Kim Seong-Eun ~

MU / SS

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 NGs, MV, BTS, Various Clips

HJH & KJS @ MiGo Poster Filming Various NGs Subbed MiGo PC1 MiGo PC2

HJH Interview @ MiGo Filming KJS & HJH on YeoYuManMan(1)/Translation

LYE,KJS + MiGo Cast on 만원의행복/Translation KJS & HJH on YeoYuManMan(2)

KJS & MiGo Cast - SBS Good Morning 1/2 KJS & HJH - KBS2 StarDate(MiGo Filming)

KJS,YIY @ HJH's Movie VIP Premiere / KJS @ HJH's Movie VIP Premiere

HJH,KHO - SBS Good Morning

/

DanBaek MV " Can I Love You"

200709040811152100_1.jpg

*As there are NO subbing teams producing English subtitles for this daily drama, an alternate way for English-subbed audience to enjoy Likeable or Not would be through downloading the raw episodes,and then referring to summaries/translations as done by fellow Soompi-ers.Here are links for the compiled translations:

Likeable or Not Summary/Translations [Ep.100 - 130]

** Summary/Translation are done by dramaok,unless stated otherwise

** Compiled by bm05om

Likeable or Not 미우나 고우나 DanBaek Cuts English Hardsubbed

hsc01dd9.jpghsc02wi7.jpg

** hardsubbed/uploaded by Khai,translations by dramaok & warrhero **

106 107 108 109-1 109-2 110 111 112+113

114+115 116 117+118 119 120+121-1 121-2

123 124 125 126 127 128 129-1 129-2 130-1 130-2

131 132+133 134 135 136 137-1 137-2 138-1 138-2

Link credits: drolfxil,dramaok,gerryg,bm05om

Compiled by bm05om

Guest damifino

Let me play the devil's advocate ... SJ only had the good intention to help JY & her family & he had no hidden agenda that his goodwill will be returned in any form nor did he intend to make JY come back to him thru his benevolence ... he could have done this to free himself from his guilt ... very crude IMO coz he did not realize the repercussions. But then, JY's family especially her dad should have been more considerate of SJ's predicament & he should have thought that by openly disclosing his unsolicited assistance to them, his marriage could be in danger if this reaches his wife who is allergic to anything about JY. IF Jaebok wanted to return the money, he could have done it in a more discreet manner. There was no need to make it a big issue coz they did not seek his help ... his was plain & simple concern & he did not even want it known.

What SJ did was no different than what Mrs. Na tried to do with JY... he was trying to alleviate his guilt by buying the Hwang family off. This type of behavior is tantamount to saying that because the Hwang family is poor, their pride is up for sale no matter what humiliation they suffered at SJ's hands. It was a slap in the face to the Hwang family name, how could Mr. Hwang stand by and just take this kind of insult? And why should Mr. Hwang be concerned about the repercussions in SJ's marriage when SJ himself didn't have any? A man who is concerned about his marriage doesn't secretly pay off his ex-girlfriend's family debt.

And what type of KD drama would it be if a secret was not outed--SJ may feel guilty, but my guess is he paid the debt out of his love for JY--nothing less. He may have reconciled himself to the fact that he needed to make SA happy, but he loves JY.

SJ doesn't love SA or JY, he loves himself and himself only. He dated JY and seemed content until a crisis happened at work and then he neglected JY and ultimately left her for a rich woman. He married SA and seemed content until SA's temper tantrums, a crisis at work, and finding out that JY might have a boyfriend, then he neglected SA and kept visiting JY. Nothing is about either JY or SA, but all about himself and his own happiness. He isn't helping out JY's dad because of JY, he's helping out to alleviate his own guilt and to make himself proud that he is now powerful and wealthy enough to be able to do something like that. He gets to feel like a big man and have a rich wife too.

Guest jerrybabie26

finally!

i caught up!

kbs world is so far behind... but the constant updates are fueling my interest for the drama more...

and finally!

danbaek moment... so far still >__<

and karma is finally catching up with SJ... tsk tsk tsk... serves him right.

i can only wonder what MS will do to him.

i want to see him humiliated, just for revenge for BH hehehehe

although, i do think that he honestly is trying to let go of JY finally. but can he be anymore stupid to let that assistant to his go to the Hwang's clinic. he does remember that WJ is going out with JY right? or does he just reserve thinking for work *shakes head*

on another note...

i finally see the wisdom of how they dragged the so irritating relationship of HW and DP. I mean, you really see the contrast been DP's relationship with HW and BH. With HW, she always looked constipated.. frowning and apologizing, but with BH, she's sweet, caring, giggly. wow. and you see how different HW and BH really are in terms of how they deal with their relationships... plus, BH is never rushing nor is he so positive of DP. HW somtimes looked like he wanted to kidnap and rape DP XD specially during the later part of their dwindling relationship heheheh when he took of his glasses... and everytime he gave that angry look.

ionno... he only always came out as perverted to me hheheheh

and 160 epis... wow. talk about dragging. but i'm not complaining. for some reason, even though the storyline tends to get boring sometimes... it still fund to watch... even if its just to find out what will danbaek do next.

thanks bm05om and dramaok for the details summaries ^^ at least, even if we're so far behind in watching the drama, we can get to share the loopy danbaek moments too thru your summaries :D

scenario #3:

:lol::lol: good one,.. not only it is refreshing,.. we will also get some added bonus watching it,..

:lol: You're right, allydean. Never imagine....BH's buttcheeks...star shaped birthmark :lol: Funny scenario, dramaok. If the writer really use your scenario, they should pay to you :lol::lol:

As for scenario #2, not only dark coloration and evil characteristics but it's also has very contagious virus :P

Wow...great works, bm and others!! Two thumbs up...Unfortunately, they can't be placed in first page? So other newbie of this thread can easily find the link

Guest kauaisurfer

SJ doesn't love SA or JY, he loves himself and himself only. He dated JY and seemed content until a crisis happened at work and then he neglected JY and ultimately left her for a rich woman. He married SA and seemed content until SA's temper tantrums, a crisis at work, and finding out that JY might have a boyfriend, then he neglected SA and kept visiting JY. Nothing is about either JY or SA, but all about himself and his own happiness. He isn't helping out JY's dad because of JY, he's helping out to alleviate his own guilt and to make himself proud that he is now powerful and wealthy enough to be able to do something like that. He gets to feel like a big man and have a rich wife too.

...damifino, We agree with your post 110%. "SJ the Coward" is the embodiment of narcissim. He ONLY loves himself and I agree his helping JY's family was All about his EGO...so he could feel he "SAVED" them. He is So Pathetic.

He may have a richj wife but she is still a....ZERO!

...A Shout Out to SillyYun...No One does Summaries like You! We miss them!

Hope school & work are going well...

...damifino, We agree with your post 110%. "SJ the Coward" is the embodiment of narcissim. He ONLY loves himself and I agree his helping JY's family was All about his EGO...so he could feel he "SAVED" them. He is So Pathetic.

I agree with you all 120%!

The narcissistic coward with a wife whose intelligence and all around being is below zero.

SA is so immature SJ might go to jail for being mistaken as a pedophile :ph34r:

Guest kauaisurfer

Let me play the devil's advocate ... SJ only had the good intention to help JY & her family & he had no hidden agenda that his goodwill will be returned in any form nor did he intend to make JY come back to him thru his benevolence ... he could have done this to free himself from his guilt ...

Carmina...We Respectfully Disagree..."SJ the Coward" NEVER has Good Intentions. He has an alterior motive and has a psychology need to feed his EGO and control his situations.

..."He who controls others may be powerful, but he who mastered himself is mightier still"

Quote by Tao Te Ching

SA is so immature SJ might go to jail for being mistaken as a pedophile :ph34r:

gerryg...We CONCEDE defeat...this is the Best Quote on the thread.

Well Done!

...We salute You with a Good Cup of Kauai Hawaii Coffee.

Guest yc630621

I do not understand why there is so much hatred toward SJ and SA.

He might have not been so dedicated to JY or SA but I would not say he was 100% selfish.

Remember the struggle he had at the start, blowing SA off, asking his mother to return the painting, did not want to accept help from granny ...

Sure, he had his weakness and decided to go for the easier route to success but I would call that being a human since everyone of us has similar weakness to a different degree.

He biggest mistake was not realizing his own feeling to JY and how comfort he was with her.

Later when he realized the trade-off was a very bad deal, it was too late.

That is the biggest penalty to him. For all his life, he will always have "what could have been" in his mind.

He might have helped JY's family just to make himself better.

But to say that he could feel he saved them is a bit too much. To whom is he going brag "I helped them"?

Remember he tried to hide from everyone that he did it and he sold everything he owned without thinking twice what he would gain (or lose) from doing this.

I wish SA and all the reader here will see that he did an honorable thing and should not be penalized for it.

Well, asking SA to understand this is asking too much but I believe some of the viewers here would agree.

He might have not been so dedicated to JY or SA but I would not say he was 100% selfish.

Remember the struggle he had at the start, blowing SA off, asking his mother to return the painting, did not want to accept help from granny ...

Sure, he had his weakness and decided to go for the easier route to success but I would call that being a human since everyone of us has similar weakness to a different degree.

He biggest mistake was not realizing his own feeling to JY and how comfort he was with her.

That is the biggest penalty to him. For all his life, he will always have "what could have been" in his mind.

But to say that he could feel he saved them is a bit too much. To whom is he going brag "I helped them"?

Remember he tried to hide from everyone that he did it and he sold everything he owned without thinking twice what he would gain (or lose) from doing this.

I wish SA and all the reader here will see that he did an honorable thing and should not be penalized for it.

Well, asking SA to understand this is asking too much but I believe some of the viewers here would agree.

To whom is he going brag "I helped them"? <-- WJ!

I think my opinion is the opposite of the board.

I take having personal privacy as an integral part of a relationship. It's the part that still allows a person to be an individual while fusioning with their mate. However, money, especially large sums of money, belongs to the household and should be discussed before using. I'm not really into the it's your or it's mine... the way I see it, If the court or the creditors don't see it that way than I don't see it that way. If I will be held responsible for your debt (whether or not if it's created with your money) than the money is ours! If either spouse goes broke the creditors will be looking to the other spouse to make good on the bill. So my point is ....

Going into someones box touching their personal property is an invasion of privacy and holds no ground for an argument. Case in point.... no one, absolutely no one took SA's side for invading SJ's privacy. They all told her to stop looking for trouble. And told SJ to appease her.

Now, the money issue, that's a whole new ball game. Giving money to 'save' your ex-gf is a no no... that's a blatant sign of unfaithfulness!!! Moreover, he is not JY's superman as he quietly sneered to WJ. WJ is just as capable of helping and 'rescuing JY'!

So, again... the sweater <- no issue; the money <-- big issue!

As far as the divorce, I dislike SA so much I would say ... go on give her a divorce!... but the truth is, they (the two families) should teach the couple how to communicate and solve their problems before destroying everything.

Guest damifino

It's not just SJ and SA... I dislike JY equally as much as SA, but just not as much as I dislike SJ :lol:

Frankly, I don't fault him for dumping JY and choosing to marry SA for money and power. Heck, I wouldn't fault him even if he did it for just a shiny marble... after all, we all gotta do what we gotta do. If he truly loved JY enough to marry her, resisting SA and her money SHOULDN'T have been a struggle, but since it was, they are both better off without each other. What I do fault him for is, once he made that decision, he should have either stuck to that decision or got out of it by getting a divorce. After all, it's never "too late" to do anything, unless you are dead. But what we have now is SJ trying to have his cake and eat it too by wishing to stay married to SA while not wanting to let go of JY. What he's doing is unfair to both SA and JY. If folks think what he did to JY was so wrong because he broke a promise to a girlfriend/fiance, what about what he's doing now to his wife? He took a vow to love and cherish SA and so far, he hasn't done either. A man is only good as his word and so far SJ has shown that his word (to JY, her family, SA, granny, Mr. Bong, etc.) is worth squat.

As for to whom he is going to brag "I helped them"? He doesn't need to brag to anyone that he helped JY's dad because HE knows that he helped them. The whole point of my last post was that SJ did it for self-gratification, not to get praise from others. He only thinks of himself, what does he care about what others think about him? If he cared what others thought, he wouldn't have dumped JY after practically getting engaged to her by meeting her entire family NOR would he have gone about restructuring Bonjour by firing long time employees via text message without a second thought. Also, he didn't give JY's dad everything he owned. It was everything he AND SA owned... they are married after all. If he was single, that's one thing, but for SJ to give money of all things to JY's family, after dumping JY for money? It wasn't honorable, it just added insult to injury. He couldn't have hurt JY's dad worse even if he had tried. Besides, giving money away isn't a big personal sacrifice to someone who has (or will have) plenty of money. What would have been a bigger personal sacrifice is respecting JY and her family by NOT getting involved when he was dying to get involved.

Guest kauaisurfer

..."To whom is he going to brag "I helped them"...To the Single ONLY Person that matters to him...Himself. I do not see this character in Any shades of gray...He is a dark character. He has a warped sense of self importance...

so far SJ has shown that his word (to JY, her family, SA, granny, Mr. Bong, etc.) is worth squat.

As for to whom he is going to brag "I helped them"? He doesn't need to brag to anyone that he helped JY's dad because HE knows that he helped them. The whole point of my last post was that SJ did it for self-gratification, not to get praise from others. He only thinks of himself, what does he care about what others think about him? If he cared what others thought, he wouldn't have dumped JY after practically getting engaged to her by meeting her entire family NOR would he have gone about restructuring Bonjour by firing long time employees via text message without a second thought. Also, he didn't give JY's dad everything he owned. It was everything he AND SA owned... they are married after all. If he was single, that's one thing, but for SJ to give money of all things to JY's family, after dumping JY for money? It wasn't honorable, it just added insult to injury. He couldn't have hurt JY's dad worse even if he had tried. Besides, giving money away isn't a big personal sacrifice to someone who has (or will have) plenty of money. What would have been a bigger personal sacrifice is respecting JY and her family by NOT getting involved when he was dying to get involved.

damifino...You have Expressed it Perfectly and both Mr & Mrs ....Agree 110%...110%!

I take having personal privacy as an integral part of a relationship. It's the part that still allows a person to be an individual while fusioning with their mate. However, money, especially large sums of money, belongs to the household and should be discussed before using. I'm not really into the it's your or it's mine... the way I see it, If the court or the creditors don't see it that way than I don't see it that way. If I will be held responsible for your debt (whether or not if it's created with your money) than the money is ours! If either spouse goes broke the creditors will be looking to the other spouse to make good on the bill. So my point is ....

Going into someones box touching their personal property is an invasion of privacy and holds no ground for an argument. Case in point.... no one, absolutely no one took SA's side for invading SJ's privacy. They all told her to stop looking for trouble. And told SJ to appease her.

Now, the money issue, that's a whole new ball game. Giving money to 'save' your ex-gf is a no no... that's a blatant sign of unfaithfulness!!! Moreover, he is not JY's superman as he quietly sneered to WJ. WJ is just as capable of helping and 'rescuing JY'!

So, again... the sweater <- no issue; the money <-- big issue!

As far as the divorce, I dislike SA so much I would say ... go on give her a divorce!... but the truth is, they (the two families) should teach the couple how to communicate and solve their problems before destroying everything.

gerryg...You summed it up Perfectly ...Being a married couple on the thread...

Privacy should be respected but Money should ALWAYS be discussed when it comes to purchases etc when the balance is a balance over a marriages agreed amount.

Remember...Money is usually cited as the #1 reason couple divorce.

Communication is the key...but with SA & SJ they are bad karma and together are bad karma to the extreme....

Guest damifino

Case in point.... no one, absolutely no one took SA's side for invading SJ's privacy. They all told her to stop looking for trouble. And told SJ to appease her.

No one on the show remotely saw privacy as the issue... the issue was SJ keeping a sweater from his past, not SA looking through a box in the closet. Everyone asked SJ why he would even keep the sweater, not how SA found it or why she was going through a box in her own closet. All the characters on the show were in agreement that SJ was in the wrong and that SA had every right to be angry, BUT that she should try to think of the past as the past and SJ should do all he can to appease SA because they didn't want them to get a divorce.

Guest yc630621

..."To whom is he going to brag "I helped them"...To the Single ONLY Person that matters to him...Himself. I do not see this character in Any shades of gray...He is a dark character. He has a warped sense of self importance...

We are not really debating, so let us go to the lighter side for a moment.

This reminds me a joke.

A priest went to play golf on a Sunday.

He had his best round of his life, great drives, perfect approaches, all putts dropped.

Finally on the last hole, he hit his best drive ever long and straight for a double eagle hole-in-one.

Sanit Michael while watching all this with God, questioned God: "How can you reward him for skipping his work day?"

God said: "Who is he going to brag about this round?"

The feeling of not able to tell anyone will sure kill him. (well, you would know if you are a golfer).

Same goes for SJ. Brag this to himself?

Sorry, no disrespect meant, but I think that is only going to drive himself nuts if his intention was to "brag this to himself".

Back to the subject, I trust every person has a good side and every person has a bad side.

Good people can have bad behavior while bad people can have some good deeds.

On this matter, I would just say, he did it for peace of mind and he sincerely wanted to help.

What if, just bare with me on this, what if the situation is like he could help easily but he refused to.

(it was not easy to decide to sell everything he owned in a split of a second, it is not like he spent any time worked on a evil plan)

Or, he helped but he did not try to hide from others he did it. He was considerate enough (again, in a split second with no evil planning) to thought about hiding himself.

And did he brag to WJ? I guess he did. But he is no saint, WJ cornered him and questioned on this, what would you do if you were in his shoes?

I am willing to admit I would not behave much better than SJ did. The anger and jealousy and frustrations could made me say something I will regret later on.

Archived