Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

Guest imogene_af

^

I love reporter Min Hye Rin. :lol: I wish I had subs, but Hye-rin sure does talk a lot, Dong Chul seems rather amused. I thought snow would started falling for a while and she'll go punching the snow... and he'll call her dumb for doing so.

It's odd seeing her rather erm cheerful. She was cheerful this episode, I think single life is an enjoyment for her. :lol:

Oh yea an MBC official said, they are not ruling it out and discussions are on for EoE extension. I for one, think it's going to happen because half of the character changes are not in yet. There are too many characters and subplots that have to be revisited once the revelation happens.

uhm since when did MBC NOT extend a hit show? They milk that for its worth, I tell ya. They also mentioned to be ready for new love lines.

^ Yeah, HR's definitely having a good time being single! :D Maybe she should just stay the same and let the other girls play their games with the guys..lolz..

Regarding the extension, I'm kinda on the fence about this. On one hand, I think it's good that they're giving EOE more time to develop the unexplored and half-baked issues. Meanwhie, on the other hand, I'm afraid they're gonna drag out the whole thing once again. Hopefully the new writer will be able to bring on the game!

---

Anywayz, I finally got to watch Ep 30 last night, and it wasn't as bad or disappointed as I had expected it to be, what with the focus on Mike and his family. I liked how the episode finally geared towards Rebecca and STH's clash..and how MH's mother finally found out that she'd been tricked for so many years. Thought there was good progress in that part.. now I really want to see how she'll do with STH's evil acts. Would she condone her husband's actions and live with the truth, or would she do something more drastic.

I was also a bit annoyed by JH's behavior when she begged DW to let Tae Sung and STH off. I knew she suffered a lot and all she wanted was for Tae Ho to have a clean and legal Tae Sung in future. But I can't help but think that she was taking DW for granted, altho she knew what STH had done to him, and how Tae Sung was corrupt and all, using her past relationship with him again. Of course DW came across unabashedly irritated by her behavior, but I thought that was warranted.

As for uri HR, hahaha.. her part was the funniest. :lol: The writer must be cutting LDH/HR some slack lately... her scenes appeared to be a lot more relaxed in the recent episodes. ^^

Guest cutienisha_05_31

Guys...the 2008 SBS Drama Awards are going to be on the 31st December, right? Does Lee Da Hae been nominated for her performance in Robbers?

Guest luthien

PBI: I'm way behind on EoE as a whole, and I just got to ep 27. There was a part (after the 7 year jump) where HR was having flashback, remembering DW. Then DW said something about proclaiming she's finally free. Uhmmm... I'm kinda confused, cos that flashback didn't look recent (1993) and it didn't seen to be one from 7 years ago.. so it was somewhere in between 1987-1993.. so what did he mean about setting her free?

There is some translation in EOE about the meeting of HR, YR, the 2 fathers and DC. Basically, she just behaves like herself, rude! I don't want to offend her or her fan, but she is quite rude to the elders. Ok, she told HR's father about when they stopped to use Guk family (her family) as Hansel 's bank=> and mentioned about Beak's matter too. well, I just wish HR could say something to shut her off. I mean seriously, it is not like Guk is doing whatever for Hansel paper (we didn't know that yet, they never told us) but of course, Gul is benefiting from Hansel too, if there is some "help" here...probably after break up w/ Beak, they need help from Gull financing stuff. but anyway, still , there is no free meal-=> Hr should say like "it is not u don't get something from us"...urrrr...I understand Yr could be mad because Guk tried to push Dc to Hr, but still, her attitude to HR and her father made me mad. I wish HR can be sharper in this situation. well , I know she is smart because still they are getting help, and she respects elder (Guk) and doesn't want to make a fuss, or be rude in front of some one else (DC), doesn't want to make YR embarrassed.

^ I don't want to comment either, because ppl are saying that she's just stating the facts. Actually, the way you do something shows more than what you are doing. In this situation, the way YR says something is more important than what she said. Well, every one knows about what she said, like Min and Baek family no longer together (as HR called off the engagement), Min and Guk ally for mutual benefit, but does she have to throw that in a way to make them uncomfotable? That's the difference between knowing something and knowing what should say. That's the difference between Guk and YR. Guk is very smart, and he will choose to throw things only if that's the only way to impress and win that person. Otherwise, he will choose silence and get the impact by some indirect way.

This is the common business dealing too, that's why DC has that kind of stare when he's leaving YR in his back. It's not that he's not understanding, but he can't agree with the way YR just throws her tantrum.

Same in the past. YR was considered smart as she could read the situation (and others' mind) very fast. This time, she could understand her dad's move. however, the way she just talks it out loud is not impressive to me. If she really smart, she would find a better way to support her dad, or deal with situation her way, to get what she wants - but not by doing whatever she wants and saying whatever she likes to say. Very irresponsible and childish.

That's why I said, the reaction from MHR is very interesting. She's acing cool like YR did nothing. Only very slight disapointment and short glance at YR, but I think she's more like reading the situation in YR-DC relationship.

Guest Happy_Day

Wow.............................

I haven't made any more progress on the eps, but I was curious about YR's "jealous" scene so I watched it really quickly. I didn't bother trying to understand the dialogue much on this view, but YR made a pretty vicious stab at Pres. Min, which is pretty rude considering she is pretty close with HR.. to be saying something like that to a close "sister"/"cousin's father. The years didn't do anything to improve her manners!! I was a little disappointed at HR's reaction, I wanted her to flash her eyes and crush her with one of her biting comments, a comment about Pres. Guk perhaps? I think Pres. Guk is more corrupted than Pres. Min at any rate, YR shouldn't be talking. But.. I guess HR is the better person.

I did catch the jealous look from YR when HR started up convo with DC, and it was like a sudden change in YR's attitude from HEY UNNI to YOU richard simmons. She's a freaking married woman, she doesn't want her loved one to move on?

LYH got pretter in this time jump. I think she looks the most classy out of the three women right now, love her style. I like LDH too, but she looks so.. skate-deck 50's, kinda like poodle-skirt type (wait, was that in the 50's?) And HJH's style is boring, too much like rich man's wife clothes.

By the way, I see no hint of DC feeling any attraction to HR. She's always the one to sneak glances at him and start up convo, and all he does is smile and then sigh look away. What is that?

^ I cant' control myself and reply in EOE already.

-----------------

QUOTE (ripgal @ Dec 8 2008, 06:41 PM) *

Don't know if YR was really jealous of the fact that DC was going somewhere else with HR (or any other woman). But apparently she advised DC not to go because she knew it's part of her father's plot to drive DC away from Korea at that point in time, just so that DC would not interfere with the take-over of Tae Sung or something? I think President Gook kept pushing DC and HR to work together.. and YR knew her father was up to something? She felt something fishy about her father's intentions, hence expressed her concerns to DC after that... that was what I got from the chinese translations of the scene..

Thank you so much, it helps me a lot, much better than just reading through the characters' expression. I admit that I was too nervous trying to understand everything (through guessing) and you are like my saver. Just dl the c-sub and will watch it. And thanks to edenlove who also gives brief translation for that scene. You helped me a lot.

I still keep my opinion about the way YR saying things. She's smart, straight forwards (in the way that she's talking her mind) and quick understanding (esp with her dad). However, in most of her dad's business meetings from the previous episodes, the way she talks things out directly, not paying attention to others' face and emotions is really annoying. Guk is more careful and smarter, he is direct only when it's the last resource. Well, dealing business is not about shutting people's mouth but having them doing things your ways. So I guess DC, though understands why YR did that (for his own sake) he's not totally agreeing with YR. The expression on his face while he's walking away shows that.

I wonder why YR told DC about her dad's move, but DC still goes to Japan with HR? Did he take it too lightly because for me, the situation is not good for DC and YR was right about it.

Is that because he's not comfortable with YR protecting him that way? I mean, when they were in the relationship, every of her effort to help him was very much appreciated. But now, he decided to part, and, in his eyes (men's eyes), receiving help like that is not very appropriate. It's great from YR's side - it's obvious that she loves him so much (as LDC"s fan, I have to thank her, she's protecting DC as it's the first priority of her life). But, for DC, and considering his situation (leaving her, letting her go and seeing her suffering, and now, receiving her help) is that too much for a man to take? I don't think that DC will just take everything for granted, in his heart, he prefers YR just be happy with Mike and never in danger again.

Not sure if I am clear enough, however I feel like DC is a little uneasy about it.

------------------------------------

By the way, I think DC's situation is very ackward. He's sitting there, with some one that he's being matched with and hs ex - in the same direction- I mean, both at his right hand side. So if he looks at HR, that means he looks towards YR direction too - that means YR sees it all. '

Well, even meeting HR with YR's presence is too much for him already. How can he exchange any glance with HR?

If you pay attention to the scene, DC was pulling the chair next to Guk for YR - that means he would sit next to HR (and in the middle of the women). However, YR refused to sit on that chair and went to sit next to HR. So she's the person in the midldle of DC and HR. And she has to shift the direction if she wants to see DC's reaction (she's looking at HR mostly at the beginning).

Guest Happy_Day

^ Yeah! At first, I thought DC was pulling out the chair for YR!!!!!! But nooo.. She just moved on so she could plant herself between the destined lovers!!!

Haha, all my hate for YR comin' out.

PBI: I'm way behind on EoE as a whole, and I just got to ep 27. There was a part (after the 7 year jump) where HR was having flashback, remembering DW. Then DW said something about proclaiming she's finally free. Uhmmm... I'm kinda confused, cos that flashback didn't look recent (1993) and it didn't seen to be one from 7 years ago.. so it was somewhere in between 1987-1993.. so what did he mean about setting her free?

Yeap, that flasback happened between 1987 and 1993, but when exactly, we don't know and will never find out I guess. Unless MHR talks about it in future.

I think what he meant by his words was that HR should finally move on and not dwell in the past (and him) anymore. I guess during that period (especially after the break-up in the cafe), HR still could not get over DW and had a difficult time moving on. And DW never really said anything more after that, resulting in a really vague position between them. That conversation (during the flashback) kind of indicated a total and clean break-up between DW and HR - he said that so that HR can move on with her life, without any encumbrances stemming from their relationship in the past. HR deserves to have a happy life, and with DW lingering on her mind, she can't totally be set free. From that moment in time, it was time for HR to slowly forget... and start anew! :D

^ I don't want to comment either, because ppl are saying that she's just stating the facts. Actually, the way you do something shows more than what you are doing. In this situation, the way YR says something is more important than what she said. Well, every one knows about what she said, like Min and Baek family no longer together (as HR called off the engagement), Min and Guk ally for mutual benefit, but does she have to throw that in a way to make them uncomfotable? That's the difference between knowing something and knowing what should say. That's the difference between Guk and YR. Guk is very smart, and he will choose to throw things only if that's the only way to impress and win that person. Otherwise, he will choose silence and get the impact by some indirect way.

This is the common business dealing too, that's why DC has that kind of stare when he's leaving YR in his back. It's not that he's not understanding, but he can't agree with the way YR just throws her tantrum.

Same in the past. YR was considered smart as she could read the situation (and others' mind) very fast. This time, she could understand her dad's move. however, the way she just talks it out loud is not impressive to me. If she really smart, she would find a better way to support her dad, or deal with situation her way, to get what she wants - but not by doing whatever she wants and saying whatever she likes to say. Very irresponsible and childish.

That's why I said, the reaction from MHR is very interesting. She's acing cool like YR did nothing. Only very slight disapointment and short glance at YR, but I think she's more like reading the situation in YR-DC relationship.

It's quite a stark contrast between the 2 individuals huh? I haven't seen the episode, but I was kinda dazzled reading about how YR expressed her dislikes/concerns so openly in front of President Min and HR (with quite an unabashedly impolite attitude). I thought they had a platonic and friendly relationship before? Maybe HR knew YR's personality well, knowing that she's always very vocal about matters that concern her (just that the drama never showed anything)...hence she did not bother to further worsen matters?

(and hurray, I was going to tell you not to stop posting your views in the EOE thread. Don't let them stop you! HAHA..)

--

Happy_Day, you're back!

HR has been a lil receptive lately... where has gutsy attitude gone to?

Guest Happy_Day

ripgal HIIIIII~~~~~ I'm not back for good, this week is finals!!!! :(

You're right, maybe HR's just really used to YR's attitude. HR seemed to have an "older sister" vibe going on in that first meeting between the three way back. Maybe she's just a little more understanding to the "bratty little sister." Grrr, I wish HR would have said something vicious back about YR's father though.

But HR has manners, she's sophisticated!

Still.. it's weird that the relationship between the two women isn't as relaxed as before. They were so chummy before, and YR was especially delighted to see HR. In this scene, YR did say "Hi unni" but that was about it. I think it's just that YR has grown a little mean and weary over the years and that's just her general attitude?

Yes, DC did look quite uncomfortable. Like he didn't know what to do. LOL~~ Byt the way, with HR and YR sitting side-by-side, it's hard not to compare their looks. YR's features are so dainty!

^ HAH, you should be burning oil thru midnight for your finals...but instead you're here, with us.. :P

I can't remember clearly, but the last time HR and YR met was like how long ago? Almost 10 years right? I wouldn't be surprised if they became more distant over the years, with YR becoming meaner and tougher after she failed to elope with DC and after she got married to a person she never loved. I wonder if her husband Mike ever knew of her true personality?

^ Ripgal: answer to your question: because in front of DC :)

HAHAHHAA...:lol: That's so right...

But why loose her guard in front of DC? hmmmm...

Guest Happy_Day

^ Ohh.. right.. 10 years huh....... I just can't really grasp that in my head. LOL coz everyone looks and acts pretty much the same.

Oh screw finals~ :)

Grrr, I wish HR would have said something vicious back about YR's father though.

I didn’t want her to say something about Guk, I wished she said something to make YR feels bad about herself, about how badly she’s behaving. But then that would means YR has self-awareness. She’s quick to understand others but not herself.

^ Guys: match makers club now welcome Mr. Chun, allies with Mr. Godfather Teddy Bear (Guk). His comment is funny: the only two visitors of his: one is beautiful lady, one is ... gentleman (I did not get the word, may be loyal or something). It surely hit HR but.. unfortunately, DC did not care much. Well, he's just walking away from an emotional HR, but I think he's not his normal (more softened besides HR now , compared to a tensed DC next to YR)/

By the way, about the discussion in EOE, I feel bad for LYH fans because once there's one bad comment about HR, we all jump from our "hiding corners". well, not all but some of us. Do they feel offense? Well, I don't want that, but I don't like attacking HR with no reasoning.

^ Guys: match makers club now welcome Mr. Chun, allies with Mr. Godfather Teddy Bear (Guk). His comment is funny: the only two visitors of his: one is beautiful lady, one is ... gentleman (I did not get the word, may be loyal or something). It surely hit HR but.. unfortunately, DC did not care much. Well, he's just walking away from an emotional HR, but I think he's not his normal (more softened besides HR now , compared to a tensed DC next to YR)/

By the way, about the discussion in EOE, I feel bad for LYH fans because once there's one bad comment about HR, we all jump from our "hiding corners". well, not all but some of us. Do they feel offense? Well, I don't want that, but I don't like attacking HR with no reasoning.

We just stated why we disagreed, I don't know why they feel offended. If they disagree they can state why back instead of going to their little corner and talk bad stuff about HR fans. Sure we have negative opinions about YR and LYH's acting, but I think it's reasonable to talk about the shows character and it's actor. They can't see how they're making themselves look like the bad immature guys by talking bad about a group of fans who disagree with their views by calling us mean and jealous haters. Sorry, I'm pissed off right now. You don't see JH fans getting butt hurt when we criticize JH.

Yes, I was kinda surprised too. By the way, he said- "The only two visitors of his: one is beautiful lady/women, one is handsome gentleman/man." 2i7bw5h.jpg

Also he said- " If, LDC is a man among men. You, MHR is a woman among women." [惠琳是女人中的女人] 2vbvrlg.jpg

Did anyone else find the scene where HR and her stepmother made up touching?

The stepmother finally has a change of heart.

^ Yes, I was so glad to see peace again inside Min's family. It's touching, though stepmom just turned from evil to vulnerable. Well I can understand but it did surprise me.

Luna: I just said I feel bad for them. Well, it's their decision not joining the discussion, if they are happy with their corner that would be fine too. I used to be just happy in this thread, and said I would not , never, want to come back to EOE thread :D

Fair speaking ppl talked bad once in a while about SSH, even mookie in Javabeans' blog comments said some thing like "SSh just know how to pose, he cant act" I feel hurt but I know that ppl have their preference and taste. So I did not feel offended. However, if some one say st not true about LDC, I surely will step up (even DC-YR fan bashed DC sometimes but I just don't bother to post in their thread. But if some one says something even here that I don't agree, I will state my opinion).

news news, can anyone glance at it" http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352