So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

“Sometimes the soul takes pictures of things it has wished for, but never seen.” ~ Anne SextonThe following set of photos were taken by So Ji-Sub throughout the years. (via LING)
10422359_204231589751822_67583229500339610926230_204267243081590_618599922019662
10427258_204236016418046_231431727580664
10917378_204265373081777_671207970870008
cr:소지섭Check out the rest of the album here.

"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe#RapperG #LonelyLife #SoJiSub @SharonL267885_604145386268408_1002555941_n.jpg?
cr:as tagged via Potlog Aurora@proserpinaespiritu1970802_808293455853599_196704168_n.jpg?
522565_560914450591502_578191265_n.jpg?ocr:via Potlog Aurora

#tbt ~ “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” ~ Anna Deavere Smith10868086_204447926396855_471489459164053
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=sojisub&no=1069253&page=1

So Ji Sub 소지섭 - 18 Years (Feat. Saetbyul 샛별) 
I would like to share my thoughts with you on 18 years. This song affects me deeply and after some consideration, I'm going to go ahead and say it is my favorite So Ji-Sub song. 

To explain my thoughts on 18 years, I think it would be helpful for me to explain how my deep affection for So Ji-Sub began, grew and morphed (and how this song specifically played into that).
I haven't been a fan of So Ji-Sub for years and years like some of you. I wish I could say I was, but I was first introduced to him in The Master's Sun. I absolutely thought his performance was genius, but I didn't watch him in anything else until about a 9 months later. It was my intention after The Master's Sun to watch him in I'm Sorry I Love You, but to be honest, I was scared to watch it because I knew it was going to be very sad. Finally, I had the courage to watch it. I'm a very emotional watcher you see, and easily get roped in by good acting. Well, I was captivated by Ji-Sub and fell in love with his performance. I needed more of him, and I wanted to see him in a variety of roles. So then I moved on to Road No. 1 and was blown away by him once again. Next I moved on to Love Of A Thousand Years, Cain and Abel, Sophie's Revenge, Always, Rough Cut, We Are Dating now... but I still wasn't familiar with him as an singer, and hadn't watched that many interviews yet. 
That's around the time when I discovered his music, and the very first song I heard was 18 years. My first impression from the song alone (not seeing the video) was "Wow... this is amazing. He can really rap". It was smooth, intense, great beat, but I had no clue what it was about (but it did sound very deep). I started listening to it every day and loved it, so I needed to see the video.
I watched the video and I was speechless. Based on the visuals and his body language I interpreted that he was a puppet who felt empty and was being controlled by outside influences. Yet there was another part of him, that did have a personality and wanted to come out.
Without understanding the lyrics, I thought a message was still very clearly conveyed through the video itself. What I was still ignorant of however, was how deep and personal these lyrics really were.
Finally I decided to hunt down the lyrics so I could fully appreciate the song.
so-ji-sub-18-years.jpg
18 Years -So Ji Sub (소지섭) Feat. Saetbyul (샛별) 
In the repetition of frustration daysIn the room that is a dark TVI wanted to escape for a momentIs this greed? Will it ever happen?For 18 years, I actedFor 18 years, I lived with a maskFor 18 years, I was confused between what was real or notI look in the mirror and ask, who are you?Started hip-hop with DeuxStarted work by coincidenceDo we make money in order to live?I’m like an empty glassIn front of the camera, my smile looks lonelyEven though things might seem crazyJust like my childhood when I went against the currentsI want to be refreshed but I am exhausted by the frustrationI’m wrapped up inside this square boxI want to fly out to the world but I’m struggling in placeJust like a sinner, I’m always hanging my head lowI want to look up to the sky, feeling frustrated every dayNow the situation has changed but the loneliness grows deeperIt gets hard even to breathe
The hot interest and attention toward you makes you run out of breathIt may be hard but the painful times are just momentary(Everyone is waiting for me)Even if I run out of breath and it gets hardI want to find myself
For 18 years, they only want a smiling faceFor 18 years, my heart is secretly cryingFor 18 years, I’m a clown who has sold his soulWithout knowing, I’m getting tired little by littleEver since “Rough Cut,” I opened my eyes to filmBut the eyes of the world gave me even more pressureIf I give a friendly approach, I’m viewed as cool and niceIf I don’t speak and get quiet, I’m a rude actorThey listen to what they want, look at what they wantIf not, they coldly point fingers and leave meThey don’t care about me, they just want fun gossipThey shut their eyes and ears, just like alwaysI’m not allowed to hurt anyone in the littlest wayBut instead, I’m tattooed with those scars and engrave the pain in my bodyPretending to be cool, pretending to be greatI don’t want to do that anymore, I want to find the real me
The hot interest and attention toward you makes you run out of breathIt may be hard but the painful times are just momentary(Everyone is waiting for me)Even if I run out of breath and it gets hardI want to find myself
In the repetition of frustration daysIn the room that is a dark TVI wanted to escape for a momentIs this greed? Will it ever happen?
Translation found on http://beautifulsonglyrics.blogspot.ca/2014/06/so-ji-sub-18-years-lyrics.html#.VKv7_CvF_-Q
English translator: popgasa.com
so-ji-sub-18-years-2.jpg

My fellow So Ji-Sub friends, I froze. I read the lyrics and I literally froze. I was beyond stunned. I sat motionless. I wanted to cry, my heart ached, I felt horrible. I felt so horrible that Ji-Sub has been suffering 18 years this way. Above all, I felt guilty. I felt guilty, because here I was, enjoying all his movies and dramas being completely unaware of how it's made him feel, of what he's had to go through, of how constantly having to pretend on and off screen has caused him to question his own identity. So I sat quietly and read through the lyrics again. Then again with the music ... and again. After really digesting everything, I just felt such awe, admiration, and respect for him. I was so proud of him for writing down his very personal thoughts and sharing it bravely with the world. He puts himself right out there with this song. He exposed himself and  I was just so proud of him for that. I kept thinking, "Well done". I also started feeling a sense of relief, because often with sharing comes healing. Can you imagine if he kept this bundled inside for another 18 years?
Needless to say, this song made Ji-Sub feel so much more real to me. He's human like all the rest of us, and he goes through pressure that most of us will never be able to fully fathom. He's a talented actor, but he's more than just an actor. He's a talented rapper, he's creative, he's poetic, and from what I've grown to know he's a really interesting, unique person.
Now I don't only look at Ji-Sub as an actor. This song has opened my eyes to his vulnerability and humanity. His rap is an outlet and I'm so glad he has that outlet so that he doesn't have to suffer in silence, going through the motions, forever a puppet to the masses.
... and that's what 18 years means to me.

And here it is another beautiful song of his. "Such a story"
One of the strengths of this song is the lyrics. The lyrics are touching and realistic. You can relate to them. The song is about broken promises, unnecessary attachments and lingering feelings which only make you suffer. So you have to get free from them. The hero he creates with his voice is a strong person who is trying to leave, to get free, to escape. Although he knows there are many obstacles on the way. He might not be successful. And he might suffer more than before. But love can be a nightmare and the unnecessary attachment (lingering feelings) can be like wild dogs trying to kill you. So sometimes you have to try your best to save yourself. The feelings of the song is nicely shown in the MV too. A different side of love. Dark, scary and exhausting

So Ji-Sub  - Boy Go (feat. Soul Dive)

I really enjoy the concept of this video. I would love to hear a full interpretation of this song. I get that it has to do with childhood dreams, but beyond that I'm not really sure.
So Ji-Sub's looks in this video are great and I totally dig the sunglasses. The incorporation of the video game is really neat and I like Ji-Sub's video game character!  

boy-go.jpg

The way he moves while he's holding that green mic is amazing. You can tell he's really feeling the music, and I dig that.
This song is also catchy and I like it. The music video complements the song nicely.

so-ji-sub-such-a-story.jpg
@sara62 Thanks for posting the video of Such a Story with English subs. It's such a wonderful song and I appreciate you explaining the meaning. I like your description of the song. It's insightful. I do really love his lyrics. He doesn't sugar coat anything it seems.

[Old Photos] ~ #SoJiSub #MovieWeek #Baidu (via LING)10917408_205005693007745_315413314307554
10933910_205005309674450_481101410217047
10440267_205000973008217_372061260738580
10933934_205001209674860_692420671817768cr:as tagged via http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3531270627?post_type=normal&mo_device=1&pn=0

Simply Amazing ~ #ATwoSomePlace #SoJiSub #51k #ClaySirius (via LING)tumblr_ni97m1RB2j1tvsjixo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_ni97m1RB2j1tvsjixo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_ni97m1RB2j1tvsjixo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_ni97m1RB2j1tvsjixo4_1280.jpg
cr:as tagged via http://m.blog.naver.com/dotory798/100135712005

....@Olang...WOW!!....the clay sirius...they appear so real, and true to form right down to the facial expressions...amazing! absolutely amazing work!...So beautiful and So Clever and So Daebak!   @Olang, thank you for your ongoing fantastic pictures and hard work you continue to supply to all the beautiful SJS fans...appreciated much...
Good work @everyone, loving all your insight, perceptions and understanding of SJS beautiful music...Its good to see everyone participating well in the project.. I cant say I have one particular favourite of SJS music, because I absolutely ADORE them all...sigh!    SJS likes to express and speak through his music and doing so allows us to appreciate so many more qualities, identity, persona and individuality of this already amazing and gorgeous man!!....
When I was on holiday in Melbourne last year, "So Love" came out and I remember walking the pavements of Melbourne City CBD with my earphones on, trying to walk in time with the music, you know, with a slight groove....having this stupid grin on my face which the Melburians must have found alien, and having a feeling of warmth and love... with a happy heart....OMG! I will always always cherish this song because it was my first time in Melbourne, on my own, and having SJS in my head, it gave me strength and kept me happy and smiling throughout my whole trip....So....thank you "So Love"....absolutely...so now every time I listen to "So Love" in the car, it takes me back to Melbourne....a special time in my life and meeting my beautiful chingu @mathi...YAY!!
I guess everyone will have their own memory of SJS music....thats what makes him unique...so lets continue to embrace, love, enjoy, adore and appreciate SJS the artist, the rapper, the actor, the Top Celebrity Star, the individual, and the soulful and gorgeous man.....SJS FIGHTING!!

;;) ;;) :x

Eraser So Jisub ft Mellow from 6PM...Ground album 
A sweet love story

The sound quality is not good in the video posted on YT. Please check this link for good sound quality.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxd55l_so-ji-sub-ft-mellow-eraser-mv-english-subs-romanization-hangul-hd_music

Great old photosFrom the magazine Screen 200810923615_1534227103526530_43537131042974
Photo cr to owner via 51K Taiwan Fans club @FB

Twosome cafe. Sigh. Wish I could have one of his special deserts before his contract with them is finished._ _ Dreams!!!!44be89a776f98783b68f316.jpg
78925fdfa63efb4d4854034.jpg

8b50f457fe09c863b3351d3.jpg
2ee3f3d3f2732e80a9ec9a9.jpg

Photo cr to owner, as tagged.

Ruler From 6PM...Ground Album 
I think I'm so used to listening to this song and loving it that I've unknowingly forgotten how beautiful it is. Such an irony. I usually don't talk about technique of Jisub-nim's music. Don't know anything about it. I always refer to the feelings I can get from the song or the song manages to deliver. In case of this song, what I feel the most is a sense of loss, regret, I-wish-I knew- what-happened feeling and confusion. The hero/heroine, a long narrow valley being lighten up by a dimming light of a street lamp and the rain pouring. Deep sadness.

Check the lyrics here

I can’t reach you, I can’t touch youI can’t reach you, can’t reach youOn my way back homeI saw your house with the lights onI saw someone familiar through the windowFor a moment, I froze, everything stoppedWhy is there lingering attachment in this place of me and her?I guess it’s regret – are the gods playing a prank?The sounds of my heart and breathes are getting louderI see your smile – I want to touch your face but I can’t reachMy words can’t reach you because of the glass wall
* Do do do do do do do doI want to tell you don’t goBut you are trying to get farther away

From the day you avoided my eyesTo the day when you said you didn’t want to see me and broke up with meI tried to tell myself that you are dead to me butDo do do do do
I just blankly stood there and looked at you so that you won’t noticeI saw your face that I couldn’t see beforeI can’t wake up from a dream called youBecause you are holding onto me at a distanceI’m afraid – I have already touched you hundreds and thousands of times in my heartI thought my feelings would be gone after time passesBut they spread throughout my body in an instance and the memories come to lifeI want to tell you that I miss you, who is still so prettyBut I have no choice to go back because I can’t reach at this distance
* Repeat
From the day you didn’t pick up my phone callsTo the day when you said you didn’t want to see me and broke up with meI tried to tell myself that you are dead to me butDo do do do do
We can’t be measured, we’re worse than strangersWe can’t be measured, we’re worse than strangers
You’re laughing just like those times, you’re the sameBut I’m just not in your world
Just like a faded rulerYou grow faint, we get erased babyI can’t approach youI can’t get close to youDo do do do doI can’t reach you, I can’t touch youI can’t reach you, youI can’t reach you, I can’t touch youI can’t reach you, you
Never say Goodbye (Never say Goodbye)Never say Goodbye (Never say Goodbye).Baby, I tried to tell myself that you are deadBut I can’t forget youLyrics translation cr to:http://popgasa.com/tag/so-ji-sub-ruler/

Cute MV making. Such a story and The day one year ago feat Bobby Kim.

120321sojisub72413703.jpg
Photo cr to:http://music.naver.com/promotion/specialContent.nhn?articleId=2870&page=1