So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Nice 51K products.150753_1520453141570593_3995615272932263
Cr to So Jisub TW fans club@FB---------------------------------------------------------------Jisub-nim with an extra actor maybe on One sunny day setimg1419485651643.jpg
Cr to http://blog.naver.com/calvinsun23/220220169733 via Choha

Guest tsukyoku

just when i'm about to start posting on forum, i got a full time job.. what a timing! my free time has gone.. :(( :(( :((  i really want to participate on every week's character, but i think it'll be difficult..
for this week's character, i searched my external hdd and found these..
rc4.jpg

This is my favorite gaze from SJS: :x
20080812122015.jpg

“HopeSmiles from the threshold of the year to come, Whispering 'it will be happier'...”  Alfred Tennyson
Jisub-nim in 2014.
2014 was a great year in Jisub-nim's career. Although he wasn't that active as an actor but he was soo busy with many other activities. Also a very great year for fans. Many fans could attend his wonderful summer tour and many others enjoyed it as much too. He enjoyed new CFs plus a short art movie and a web drama. His album was a great gift to fans who were waiting for him as a singer for a long time. He poured his heart out to his fans and talked honestly about his 18 years in the entertainment industry. Fans much appreciated his trust. 51K invested in a few foreign movies in 2014. The Oscar nominee Philomena , the Japanese movie The World of Kanako and the French movie The new girlfriend. 
To me, he was/he has been/he will be a source of inspiration, warmness and love like always. Like a shield that I can resort to as a part of my everyday life. He created some of my most memorable moments of 2014 with his album, summer tour and his mere presence on the earth. So I'm thankful to him for always being generous and giving. For always having faith in us. For loving us. For doing his best in everything he does as a singer or actor. Jisub-nim, thank you. I'm happy I'm living with you in one world. I'm happy I can be your fan. Wish you health and happiness and please come back as an actor in 2015. Hope 2015 will be another great year for you. I love you. 
18 Years Album5.jpg

CFs

Giordano (His contract with Giordano ended in 2014)sjs_gw2.jpg
Vonin87102d0522fda1e1aef2cc79d76341ab.jpg
Asahi1401115472-3369844789.jpg
Binggare a cafe la26-7.jpg
Xero1396514474-3757923053_n.jpg

Vivien(his contract ended with Vivien in 2014)51k.jpg
Dimchae10644761_526418227495052_675013552728942
Volkswagen15475_298310113695834_286250341867193983

Marmot10425386_296509253875920_849523552392956

Praud10434191_294021677458011_618847614606294

Cheddar cheese seoulmilk1397473256-1002942110_n.jpg

Moneualvisual_mr6800.jpg
Archimedes 1975156_10152121160523500_1134818873_n.j

Magazines and covers

sojisub3.jpg
02_zpsfc32bb8d.jpg~original
bwah.jpg
045.jpg
Instyle10624599_294322087427970_530638753449765

Foreign movie investment

The world of Kanako

10394004_704751859610094_801265736694141

Philomenaposter_philomenaA4.jpg

The new girlfriend
10422183_192529780922003_664617671043130

First Asia tourStarted on July 26 with Taiwan FM and ended on August 29 with Seoul FM.He held FMS in Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Singapore and Seoul.

10734006_295102307349948_534655969568040
1926719_295102297349949_6109849731180098
so-ji-sub.jpg
photo454627.jpg
so-ji-sub-turns-fan-meeting-into-club-at

Short art movie q0 for Leeum art museum

Trailer

10679545_292611534265692_749598567547826

One sunny day a web drama 

10404097_1535219986719118_47951664102823

osd.jpg

Photo credit: As tagged, to owners.

12.27 Gangpae/Rough cut49946a506683d.jpg
Cr to owner-------------------------------------------------------------------------Please vote for your favorite character of next week. You have two days to vote.http://vote.pollcode.com/42347741

Love you for everything you are!

Man of Daring

Daring is not something people can easily earn by learning or practice. Some of us were born with very brave hearts and lead the life full of challenges while the others decided that they are content with the safe surrounding.

My dear friends, if you've admired actor So Jisub, an introvert who happened to be an actor accidentally, not just any actor but the excellent one, then you would be in awe if you know what kind of challenges he took in his earlier days. Talking of his daring here, should I say we're talking of the first class?

At 20 years old, Jisub swam to Japan

Long long time ago, actor So Jisub used to say " My life was all about swimming and hip hop music..."

Let's observed how he swam

He said he like dolphin because it gives an air of freedom in the nature... Yes, the way he swam, graceful and speedy on the blue race just liked a dolphin indeed.

http://youtu.be/_RNbxc5KGb8

If the teenager Jisub had already folded his dream of being a professional swimmer due to his elbow injury to earn a living as a young model for Storm, then became an actor, he proved his swimming history never went waste. In 2000, Jisub joined the show " 20 years old - Promise of the Daehan Strait - Crossing team"

Swimming to Japan, those word sure scared the faint hearts: what with all long days practice, what with the dangerous under the sea, what with exhausted... Our young man and his team had conquered all the hardship.

At 20 years old, Jisub successfully swam to Japan!

http://youtu.be/g7VUk00BFlM

I bring here the article Jisub wrote it himself.

Reading Jisub's writings always fascinated me: how mature he already was at that young age and always bonus to readers with all interesting details. Later on, he had proved he was a very good writer by the best-seller photo essay book "My way". It was not a big surprise to fans on this writing respect. 

STAR STORY 4

"The Daehan Strait-Crossing Team"

(translated by JSA 017, Dahee Fanel)

September 4, 2000. 13:08.

We swam for 11 hours...when we failed at crossing the Daehan Strait, I thought of that stormy sea, "I hate you."

On the 12th of last month, in front of nature's strength, I realized anew how weak Man really is. This was the day that on the SBS TV program "Beautiful Life", on our first challenge, we failed at fulfilling the "20-year-old Promise of the Daehan Strait-Crossing Team".
We swam for 11 hours in the sea in front of Tongyung City on Hong Island, in Gyungnam province. But because the weather was stormy, we had to retreat.

I joined the Daehan Strait-Crossing Team last May. The truth is, at first I really didn't want to do it. At the time, I was shooting the MBC daily drama "Because Of You" and the SBS Sunday Morning drama "Good Good", and the only free day I had was Saturday. But since I'd joined the Team, I had to practice on Saturdays, and thus there was no reason for me to welcome the event.

I entered this event that way. Although I didn't get enough sleep, and my body was tired, I dragged myself to participate in the practices without fail. On the day we swam in the Han River, my body was in bad condition and was exhausted, but we swam to the point of collapsing. But as I practiced in the sea water of Jeju, my body felt refreshed. It was like I had become "A fish that had discovered water". Although it was hard, I felt really good. From that time on, I found practice fun, and I was really determined to succeed at crossing (the strait).

However, we failed on the 12th. That was after we swam for 11 hours. On the 4 m-high, ship that was rocking on the waves, the MC, Baek Jee Yun, threw up everything inside of her. The wind blew to the point of bending a steel bar that was on a net they had placed in the sea. It was really incredible. Mr Jo Oh Ryun (Note: Jo Oh Ryun is a very famous swimmer in Korea.), the teacher, shouted, "Anyone who can't swim as well as me must put on lifejackets!", and time passed that way for a while. In the end, we decided to retreat.

I hated the sea, and the sky didn't care about me. This was a time when I thought with great dread, "Do I have to do such a hard thing again?" and "But we got this far with so much difficulty." I was at a crossroads in my thoughts, and I felt at a loss as to what to do. We had tried doing this or that to succeed in the middle of this one sea, and our appearance as we did so had been one full of sorrowful determination.

September 5th, 2000. 13:30.

Even before I ran away from the Korea National Sport University, I had always pondered the question "Why did I swim?"; but now I changed my mind about crossing the Daehan Strait.

After that one failure, on the 29th of last month, we succeeded in crossing the Daehan Strait. And that exceeded our time expectation by 6 hours, at a record of 18 hours and 11 minutes. How did I feel? I felt like I had acquired the answer to my question of why I had been swimming all this time.

This is the truth. After running away from the Korea National Sport University, I caught the truth of why I had regretted swimming.
There are lots of popular school sports like basketball, volleyball and baseball out there, and I had agonized over why I had picked an unpopular sport like swimming. Although I quit swimming because I couldn't win 1st place, it's also true that I lost strength because of the indifference other people felt towards it. But then the chance to cross the Daehan Strait came along. I began to think that it had been good for me to have chosen swimming.

While I was crossing the Daehan Strait, I got stung by a lot of jellyfish. It was like the sparks that come when you turn on a lighter were shot at various parts of my body. It was the same way for the others. It feels like we were stung over 1000 times. Although they didn't hurt, red, itchy pimple-like things sprouted on my body. But I found a way to stop myself from scratching them, by swimming. But because I endured the itchiness, it was even harder for me.

I was able to swim while looking at a lot of jellyfish. Whenever we were swimming around, the staff would throw down a net for us, just in case something attacked us, but a lot of jellyfish ended up clinging to the net. I'm not lying when I say that one the size of ten basketballs once clung to it and stared at me.

On the boat standing by, I ate kimbab and ramen. I wasn't really hungry, but I ate because my body was having a hard time. Whenever we went onto the boat after an order of swimming, since we had no strength left, everyone would stretch out on the deck. Because it was so exhausting, I couldn't even sleep. Producer Lee Sang Hoon, director Jee Bong Gyoon, and Babybox's Shim Eun Jin all got wounds on their toenails and fingernails on the dangerous waves.

With all that hardship, we crossed the Daehan Strait.

(reposted by thunder at hotelier2002)

Dangerous games? No problem!

http://youtu.be/aE_euHyGUOo

Do you want more, my dear friends? Here is the bungee jump clip. This kind of sport is only for strong mind people. Jisub was one of them.

http://youtu.be/TTrpdYn0Ev4

Why was he that brave you wanted to know? Well, some of us were born with daring flowing naturally in the blood. Actor So Jisub, the actor we love, is also this real man made you admired.

Thrilling

Sharing in "Star Story 5", Jisub wrote:

"September 6th, 2000. 14:05.

My best friend, entertainer Yong Ha, who taught me about motorbikes.

(...) Before I learned from Yong Ha, while I was shooting the MBC TV <Best Theatre> "You Can't Forget The Things You Keep In Mind" with Miss Jun Do Yun, I learned about motorbikes for the first time. In the show, my character drove a motorbike around, and I felt the charm of motorbikes during that time.

But it was only after I met Yong Ha that I truly tried hard to learn.

Late at night, we'd drive with so much fun at Olympic Road, or at the riverside. Sometimes we even drove on roads where "driving was prohibited", without trying to conceal what we were doing. Of course we wore safety equipment perfectly, without fail. In the autumn of last year, we went to the motorbike track at Everland to take a riding test, and received a certificate for the racers' written exam, although we couldn't take the road exam because we didn't seriously try to take it. But just after the beginning of this year, I had to sell my motorbike, because my family thought it was too dangerous, and pushed me to stop."

Also in the other article posted on Jisub Addicts.com:

"...These days, I've fallen deeply for "thrills". It's fun to ride motorbikes and speed along in cars, but right now, I'm starting this work that I've never done before. I'm doing it because it's a deep thrill that disappears early on..."

("The Challenge Of Being An MC That Brings Me Exciting Stimulation"

Originally written by So Ji Sub

Translated by Dahee Fanel)

The new work he mentioned above was MC job. This was a challenge that really thrilled him. Known as a man of few words, Jisub still carried this job naturally. When he put his heart to it, it seems he could do everything, my dears.

"I don't have anything to support me. I'm still young, so I only have the will to work hard at anything I take up. That's why I'm taking up this new field of "MC", rather than acting. I myself am becoming excited by this.

I'm not a singer, but I think I'll be able to feel excitement just by standing there and looking at them. It's a live program, and I think the chance of feeling the songs of the singers and the shouts of the audience will become a special experience.

I will do my best to become a clever MC who is able to make this program better than others in melding together the performances and the audience, and in matching the rhythms of the singers and fans"

I'd like to re-introduce to you the cute young MC.

At 2:06, when he sang a little tune, you might think was he the real Jisub we know? Yeah, we'll never stop surprising loving this man... And at 2:30" fans' chorus "So Jisub So Jisub" in the background made me very happy.

MC 1

MC 2

Actor So Jisub and motorbike

In 2008, Jisub started endorsing Sony Alpha camera. The effect was so amazing: the sale increased 5 times in such a short time. People might say "Wow, how hot So Jisub name is !"... Super-hot man indeed!

The Malecón - the roadway and seawall along the coast of Havana Harbor, Cuba - once welcomed one of the most manly models who have ever roamed the earth

The huge bike was so cool but my man was absolutely much cooler!

White shirt, blue jeans, sleeveless leather brown jacket ... any man can wear them, right? But still, he stood out because he's So Jisub.

Sonny Cuba making clip: 

From 0:13", shooting on motorbike started.

But that's not all. Ladies, the full length 8:49" of this MV made me speechless. Hearing guitar playing softly in the background, I thought I had dreamed where I was swimming with joy seeing him as the best man on the coast.

Especially from 7:03", Havana sea in this stormy night seemed jealous with actor So Jisub, the tough man. Angry waves hit the seawall sprayed thousands of salty drops over him... Or maybe I were wrong, my dear friends, this beautiful sea of the Old Havana could not hold its passion toward him, honoured embracing him in its mist...   

Rough cuts

Since March, 2011, Jisub started shooting movie Always. Preparing for Cheol-min character he learned boxing. My dear friends, when viewers very much enjoyed his awesome actions onscreen they might not know what our man had experienced behind the scenes.

Exhausted after filming one action scene

Climbed about 200 steps for the scene "Water delivery" alone

Hurt both of his wrists while practicing boxing

"Song Il Gon, who wrote the script and directed the movie, highly praised the two male and female protagonists the whole time during the production presentation. He said about actor So Ji Seob, "He is a perfectionist. He devoted too much to this movie. Even though he injured his wrist, he never showed that he was suffering from pain and he personally appeared in many action scenes without utilizing an understudy. He always perfectly prepared for his acting before filming."  (Source: KBS Global)

Fighting

My dear ladies, if your hearts ached while nervously watching Cheol-min fought the champion in Thailand then I'm so sorry for this piece of information:

"Mr.Wi (acted as an Champion in Always) is not an actor but real K-1 fighter . So he didn't understand how to act as an actor and he often made real hit to Jisub"

'The extra made a mistake so he did really hurt our Jisub. Everybody was really astonished to hear Jisub's painful scream and ran into Jisub including Jisub's manager Mr Kim. But Jisub said "I am Ok!" '

(Thanks to 한초하 sis)

"Always" behind the scene, part 2:

Learning Judo for "Ghost":

Performed Russian martial art in "A Company Man":

The more splendid scene the harder labour our Jisub dedicated. Love him!!! 

"A company man" action making clip:

Jisub and skydive

Dear @Sarvin  shared in Nov.2011

"We can guess SJS went to USA after completed shooting Always (around end of June) According to his plane ticket , he visited Hawaii on July 3rd from LA. The date 18th and 10th are undated dates not actual visiting dates. 51keeper updated the photos two times first on Nov. 10th and second on Nov.18th. He always has told in his interview whenever he finishes his work (drama or movie) he takes a trip. It means a kind of gift or award which he gives himself. So, after finished filming Always, he's got new tattoos and set out a trip. He also did skydive. There is a video of his skydive. OMG He is very brave. He climbed Haleakala mountain and watched Sun rise and prayed ( He bowed - Korean style). Almost every year, he used to visit USA (esp. LA). He also visited Los Angeles too at this time before Hawaii."

(한초하 @facebook)      

Many thanks to dear Jum who shared these screen caps on her blog:

At the "Two Men Show", a TV program that Jisub was invited with actor Song Seung Hun, there was a small story:

"The TV host said that they took a small plane together once, and that the plane was very shaky. So shaky that everyone was scared and grabbing onto each other for dear life. But SJS was... calmly reading. The host, after getting off the plane, approached SJS in a polite manner, and asked:"Weren't you scared?" SJS responded: "If we die, we'll all die"..."

(Posted by Priscilla at hotelier2002 on Mar 21,2005)

I do hope before this article ended you've agreed with me about the tittle "Man of Daring". Please tell me how do you feel my ladies!

The man sat there, so handsome, calm enough, thoughtful enough...

15547138.jpg

Oh my dear friends, I also wanted to be that calm but I couldn't. Do you know why? Because I've felt so excited, same as Jum when she shared Jisub skydive clip:

"^^Although I am afraid of heights.

But I'm ready to fly with you.

Because I see you happy.^_____^"

All photos and clips: credit to owners)

Happy New Year!!!

May 2015 come with love, happiness, successfulness to our So Jisub and to all of us!!!

@mathi..my dear chingu....You are such a gem....YAH!...thank you so much for allowing us to see the 'daredevil', the daring and the bold, the adventurous and the brave SJS...OMG! Never fearless, always up for a challenge, YAH! didnt he do well over the years Bravo, absolutely!!!...
Thank you dear for bringing back the clips of old, where we can reminisce and remember all the hard work and efforts our SJS absolutely put into his work. A master at his craft, always going the extra mile, always giving 101%.....I also admire that he took up the challenge of being the MC, a new thing for him because it was LIVE and there were no lines, he had to go with the flow and adlib most of the time I guess....sigh! AND didnt he do well...woot woot!!...Loved seeing all the fashion and quirky hairstyles of that era too...complimenting the music show, good initiative and having the beautiful Park Chae Rim with him I guess made it easier for him to be himself, Bravo absolutely!!...
Swimming is a hard feat in itself and making the courageous decision to swim the Daehan Strait, and overcome all those obstacles to achieve such a great moment to remember for the rest of your life ...WOW!!..As for skydiving and bungy jumping....woot woot!!...not for the faint hearted, but then again, we only live once, and the moral of the story is to ENJOY LIVE AND LOVE LIFE....oooohhh, so precious life is that doing these feats would need a lot of ahem..swagger and encouragement....but to you SJS, Bravo absolutely!!....
Thank you @mathi for bringing us the memories and to all new fans here, more insight into the beautiful and gorgeous SJS... Personally, I would love to see our SJS in another movie role (or more movie roles) in 2015 and beyond....Happy Holidays Everyone....!! SJS FIGHTING!!....
;););)

And with this I finish Gangpae's week. Thank you for engaging in this week's character.
45th baeksang arts awards 

P.S: Would have been better if the mike was installed upper! He's too tall for that mike!
1982456357c27ff702.gif

1982456357c27ff702.gif

Cr as tagged via DC-----------------------------------------------------------------------------The next week's character will be Cha Muhyuk/MISA.

Guest ZhouYunfen

How about Kingdom Mall's President Joo Woo? He's so adorable in The Master's Sun :) ♥ :x I'd love to see him in romcom with a twist [-O< First saw SJS in WHIB decade ago anyway.