少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread

Guest Soy

Honestly, I like the song the way it is right now, but there are still people who believed they downgraded their voices. They didn't. It was just edited to sound higher. Here's a version I decided to create.

SNSD - Gee Lower Pitched:

I like your version so much better. :D

And hey, at least when people say they "downgraded" their voice - they're basically saying they know the girls can actually sing better than that. So, it's somewhat of a compliment... I think, lol. ^^

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest epique.

Girls’ Generation supports the Wonder Girls

20090106_snsdwondergirls_605.jpg

In an interview with Newsen on the 6th, Girls’ Generation expressed their feelings on seeing last year's rival, the Wonder Girls. The Wonder Girls took on a hectic schedule in 2008 with the release of 'So Hot' and 'Nobody'. Members of Girls’ Generation spoke openly about the Wonder Girls and stated they were "very close" with the Wonder Girls. They also continued by stating that they "really liked" 'So Hot' and 'Nobody'."

Girls’ Generation took several months off beginning in 2008, meanwhile the Wonder Girls took on a very demanding schedule with the release of 'So Hot' and 'Nobody'. The hard work led them to be major competition for each of the award ceremonies held near the end of the year. Girls’ Generation did admit they were somewhat "restless" when seeing the Wonder Girls take part in all their activities. Though they followed up stating they still liked the Wonder Girls enough to "dance" and "sing" to their songs. They also expressed "feelings of encouragement" towards the Wonder Girls when they performed.

cr. allkpop

wondergeneration! <3

Guest Mellerz

xnightmare697 i was wondering why those looked familiar. LOL, i made those.

well, besides the Yoona one and group one. ahh, it's refreshing to see people use my icons ^__^

eotteokae, eotteokae. i came rushing home from school thinking the MV was out already.

it's okay, it's okay. so the comeback stage is actually a day later? no biggie. i know it's gonna rock.

i was wondering why the girls looked so formal on Star King, lol. and now i know why.

can't wait til that comes out, plus the one with hyoyeon haha. unless that already came out o_O

anyways, i'm watching chin chin right now. taengoo looks so sad and depressed when she was alone.

she must be real sick still. aw, poor tae. do get better and rest up for your comeback! all the girls! <3

and since i'm on the chin chin topic. might as well post icons i made here too, huh?

1onl3q.jpgo10me8.jpgbg1cfs.jpg

2dt0pvo.jpg2j1sgp2.jpg2uqekuq.jpg281u29v.jpg

np5opd.jpgjqnvie.jpg2qm3h3r.jpg33w1p9x.jpg

k00dhh.jpg11bkrxu.jpg

edit: oh yeah. i just wanted to comment on how COOL the Bubble Fighter pics looked

covering all of the subways. haha. okay.. ..bye LOL

Guest jingaling.

Honestly, I like the song the way it is right now, but there are still people who believed they downgraded their voices. They didn't. It was just edited to sound higher. Here's a version I decided to create.

By the way, I decreased the pitch but not so much that they sound like guys. They actually sound like themselves. If you can't picture them performing in such a high pitched voice, maybe they'll just use their normal voice?

Note: I don't think they themselves made their voices higher. I think it was actually E-Tribe who increase the pitch. It's evident to me because it literally took 6 seconds to change the pitch so that it matched their usual voices. I just decreased it by 5 percent and voila.

EDIT: Is Music Bank better than Music Core in terms of the technical stuff like better microphones etc?

honestly, i liked your version better.

the only thing i didn't like about the original song was how high-pitched it was. couldn't even tell some of their voices apart ;_;

i assume their live performances are gonna sound somewhat like this low-itched version.

i like the short hair on sica.

she pulls it off pretty well.

whattt? they're not performing on mubank? T-T

what time is the mv coming out?

it's jan. 7th in korea already~

Guest PooPocky

I love the lower pitch one!!!

Now that sounds more like a mature snsd we're all expecting!

Music Bank or Music Core, we're still going to see the girls!! >.<

I can't wait for it!!!!!

Everyone's waiting for the mv patiently in ssf lol.

Hope someone upload it on YT soon!!

Sica's new hair- I don't really see much difference though........ I was worry she couldn't pull off the short hair at first, but more I look at her she looks cute with it~ :3

EDIT:

Don't know if it's been posted or not, I found this vid on YT that people smashed Shinee's Love like Oxygen dance with Gee. XD

At some point the dance and the song really matched!! O_O enjoy~ ^^

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie8mo3U_xVE

it would be nice to see a wonder generation show.. i wonder how it would turn out .. i think it would be a chaos 14 girls put together in one show

Guest x9293x

Like everyone else I prefer this version a lot more then the original. Idk but they sound a bit more mature here then the released song.

Sica's new hair is very cute. The hair cut definitely made her look younger even though I loved her with long hair.

Darn its on Music Core... I was waiting for friday but now I have to wait even longer. On the bright side it will give me a chance to actually watch it live since its on the weekend!!

I'm really happy that the song is doing so well. Now if they get to the six digit sales number it would be complete. It would also be awesome if the girls got #1 on all the music show a week after their comeback or even better get the #1 when they comeback.

Guest Beat Of Angel(BOA)

OMG i listen to gee yesterday

And i was kinda dissapointed to hear it at first but after i hear it a few time im so adiccted now ^.^

I just wish they would sing with thier normal voice.

i can only hear jess,yuri and tae yeon voice.

The rest are doin the cute high voice which i prefer if they sing it normally.

maybe when they sing it live it will sound better >w<

Seeing the news pics makes me think of the INTW days ^^

Jess and her new hairstyle.. to me, she still look great no matter what haha

I didn't intend to come on the internet today but idk why I thought the MV was released today T-T lol anticipation much?

Too bad they're not coming back on the 9th... esp. well since it was the 9 lol but that's okay.

Taeyeon is so cute: 'Spread the word' :lol:

Guest saggiorpiioxgalaxy

WAAAH hahahaha that's awesome XD even there's a medicine with Gee in PINK lol

Gee really taking over our lives then lol XD XD

(anyway get well soon yah ^_^ )

2nd Day "Gee" #1 at Melon Chart

http://i41.-/2evxc0l.jpg

c. bossa747@ssf

Thanks LaBelle ^^

Glad the song is doing so well.

But but..

Why no Music Bank?! :tears:

and 09/01 is extra meaningful, so.. =(

plus I like MuBank comebacks.

The lowered pitch version sounds really good!

Haha, there's more.. oomph! in it.

Ohhh the flood of chinchin pictures and icons

<3333333

-edit-

Btw, has this been mentioned?

HeeChul had 'Gee' set as his background music on his cyworld to show support. =D

Isn't that lovely? x] What a good oppa <3

Guest superherojaejoong

So they're not performing at Music Bank anymore? Huh? I'm confused

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to seeing their music video which should be coming out today!

So... their not performing.... sorry i dont feel like backtracking but... so like when are they performing?

cant wait for the MV!! SOOOON!

By the way, I decreased the pitch but not so much that they sound like guys. They actually sound like themselves. If you can't picture them performing in such a high pitched voice, maybe they'll just use their normal voice?

Note: I don't think they themselves made their voices higher. I think it was actually E-Tribe who increase the pitch. It's evident to me because it literally took 6 seconds to change the pitch so that it matched their usual voices. I just decreased it by 5 percent and voila.

EDIT: Is Music Bank better than Music Core in terms of the technical stuff like better microphones etc?

It does sound like themselves... I still love the original but thanks for it anyways appreciate it tons, sounds rlly good!

Gee climbed up on my most played list on my itunes to number 2!! (#1 being kissing you by snsd lol)

Guest Platinum

to the pitch change... i guess they did it to make the song catchier...

but i mean Hyori did it with 10 Minutes... if you look @ her live performances... the pitch is lower, perhaps SNSD will the lower the pitch when they sing live...

Guest Haneul~

I preffer the original version heheh is with more energy ^^ ~

but thanks anyways the mv should come out soon !

can't wait for it ^^ ~

Guest Platinum

to the pitch change... i guess they did it to make the song catchier...

but i mean Hyori did it with 10 Minutes... if you look @ her live performances... the pitch is lower, perhaps SNSD will the lower the pitch when they sing live...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYvU0AAOB-E : LIVE PERF WITH LOWER PITCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Oza6HtDgE...feature=related : LIPSYNCHED WITH HIGHER PITCH

aww crap.. i meant edit... not quote >.< .... sorry

Guest ryanchoe082

if its January 7th in korea that means the whole mini album is released there now right??

same with the MV?

(i feel really stupid asking all these questions)

does mnet/mcountdown have anything to do with SM entertainment? because if they are snsd should have their first comeback stage there..

the wonders of audio editing..:D

i honestly like this lowered pitch a litte more than the recorded..

so if they sing live,they'll be using the low pitch?...

will the mv come out this day?...

Guest Shortyyy126

am i the only one who prefers the original pitched one? lol. the lower pitched one loses the UMPH factor that the original one gives, imo. at this point i don't even find their voices to be so high anymore (maybe it's because i replayed it over fifty times to say the least? lol). i'm a bit upset that they're not making a comeback on the 9th, not because we would have to wait longer but because it would have been way more significant if it was on the 9th. but i guess there's nothing we can do about it.

Guest PooPocky

I was just at SSF and someone already has the album and mv!!

Now I'm waiting for it to appear in YT!!

Gosh this thread's going to get crazy!!

and I do like the original version of Gee, but it sounds more like them with a lower pitch...

Archived