Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

KWON SANG WOO AND LEE BO YOUNG'S NEW FILM TEASER RELEASED

posterphoto81498.jpeg

Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Bo-yeong are in the film, "More Than Blue".

Lee Bo-yeong is Cream and kwon Sang-woo is Kay share a house where they become lovers.

Kay's sacrificial love is depicted so well in this film. He prepares breakfast, nurses overnight, and embraces her when things go wrong. This love and breakup are both contained in this melodramatic love story. The film will be released on March 11th.

Source : news.cyworld.com

Credit : Hancinema

VOD

photo shooting

view and download: Photo shooting.wmv

TY, thanks for sharing the link. So lucky really his stylist. Wondering why while she's fixing his hair she's still touching KSW's face, huh? I want also that job. Our man is so adorable. :sweatingbullets::lol:

This will be his 2nd attempt on the F&B business....too bad if its open this month i may pop by to see :rolleyes:

Hi azura, 2nd attempt? But what happened to the 1st one - why it didn't materialize? Gosh, are you going to Korea next month, my dear? :lol::)

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KPculture

2009 March 4

by KP

The Kwon Sang Woo edition (2/25 - 3/4):

kwonsangwoox.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo

Kwon Sang Woo is in the midst of opening a coffee shop in Myeong-dong, Seoul. The shop is named Tears and it is Kwons first business as a sole proprietor. A representative told Star News, Kwon Sang Woo has had a lot of interest in coffee.The shop interior is currently under construction, so the opening will probably be next month or the one after.

Kwon Sang Woo and Sohn Tae Young have finally named their baby boy. Although they originally considered names like Kwon Rook/Luke (권룩) and Kwon Yul (권율), they went to the Gangnam District Office on March 4 and registered their son as Kwon Rook Hee (권룩희). He said in a phone interview, We called him by the nickname Rookie since before he was born, so we wanted continue using that as his real name. Rook Hee generally looks like his father, but he is slim like his mother.

Kwon Sang Woo revealed to StarNews, Sohn Tae Young and I have decided to adopt the Brangelina (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie couple) concept. Work more aggressively on projects, go out openly and looking nicely with our kid(s), and do lots of good deeds. Sohn Tae Young said that shes willing to have a second child, but I would like to have a third one as well.

He is hoping to take some time off to be a full-time father after completing the Cinderella Man drama.

His movie, A Story Sadder than Sadness, premieres next week. He told reporters that Sohn shed tears during an advance screening. (KPs note: On Naver, the movies English title is More than Blue; the websites link is www.sadsadlove.com. Hence, Im not quite sure what the movies actual English title is.)

Kwon told the StarNews journalist, I hope that viewers come out from watching this movie feeling jealous of Sohn Tae Young for being married to Kwon Sang Woo or thinking that they would like to date a guy like Kwon Sang Woo.

On last weeks broadcast of Golden Fishery, he said that he had approximately seven CF contracts in the year before his marriage. None of them were renewed post-wedding. However, Kwon said that its okay because his newborn son is worth much more. He has no regrets and feels that it would have been nonsensical to delay marriage for the sake of maintaining his popularity. Kwon is also adamant that the pre-wedding pregnancy was not an accident. He said it was planned - on his part, anyways. He didnt tell Sohn Tae Young of his intention to get her pregnant.

He also admitted on Golden Fishery that when they were dating, he wrote a letter to Sohns parents asking for their consent. Sohns parents had been against her dating another celebrity because of the emotional pain she went through from a previous relationship. The letter won them over, and Sohns mother wrote Kwon Sang Woo a letter to express her approval.

KPs note: This guy is so quotable! I cannot believe he said that theyre trying to be like Brangelina.

Guest TY_KSW

This will be his 2nd attempt on the F&B business....too bad if its open this month i may pop by to see :rolleyes:

when will you leave dear?

'More Than Blue' Is Poetic, Luminous

miniphoto80943.jpg

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

Romanic poet Won Tae-yeon makes his directorial debut with a classic romance, "More Than Blue". Though featuring typical elements of the South Korean melodrama, "Blue" does not attempt to squeeze out tears from viewers. Rather, the director crafts a film that is poetically sparse, and also witty and hilarious as much as it is heartbreaking.

Hallyu star kwon Sang-woo, the heartbreaker from the tearjerker TV soap "Stairway to Heaven", plays the tragic male protagonist "K", yet another faithful one-woman man involved in a pitiful love triangle. To top it all off, he has cancer. With the little time he has left to live, he plays Cupid to marry off the woman he loves, "Cream" (Lee Bo-yeong), to an eligible bachelor, Ju-hwan (Lee Beom-soo), so he can rest in peace.

"Blue" however feels more classic than cliched and the undying fidelity of the love-struck characters nostalgically evokes old romances. The talented actors also bring freshness to their parts, making them very believable and worthy of every ounce of one's empathy.

The story begins in high school. Cream appears before K out of the blue, hypnotizing him in a fashion reminiscent of Gwenyth Paltrow's over-the-water fountain-kiss in "The Great Expectations". (One drawback is that the 32-year-old's posing as a high school student, despite his flawless skin, is rather awkward, particularly since many moviegoers may remember the exquisite rendition of a teenaged Brad Pitt in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button").

The two orphans become quick soul mates. K's parents had abandoned him, but left him lots of money, while Cream lost her entire family in a car accident. Cream moves into K's house and they live together like brother and sister, father and daughter and at times husband and wife _ though the more delicate K nurses his unrequited love for Cream and patiently watches her switch from one boyfriend to another.

K and Cream give each other strange names, which they use as pseudonyms when they grow up to become a radio producer and songwriter, respectively. The two know everything about each other, but K keeps his malignant cancer secret, for he knows that Cream's biggest fear is to be left alone.

So instead, he obliquely confesses his love everyday, through tacky lyrics like "in my next life I want to be born as a ring, diary or bed so you can buy me and I can stay by your side". (The director himself wrote lyrics for sentimental pop songs by ballad-crooners like Shin Seung-hoon). But Kwon wins the audience's heart by bringing a certain tenderness to his character _ suggesting a maturation in his acting, a palpable break away from his previous roles as a romantic tough guy. K is a rare male protagonist in Korean fiction that is a pure embodiment of love, someone that can die for _ or because of _ love even if it weren't for his terminal disease.

He urges Cream to marry a healthy, goodhearted man. Even though his heart breaks when she announces that she is in love with a well to do doctor, he proceeds to do a background check on Ju-hwan and is happy to have found Mr. Perfect. Meanwhile, Ju-hwan breaks up with his fiancee (Jeong Ae-yeon) to marry Cream.

One of the movie's strengths is that it contextualizes the dramatic romance within a convincing reality, and in addition to having the women wear the pants (the director told The Korea Times that it's because he himself is a "doting husband"), funnyman Lee Han-wi keeps things light as a kowtowing celebrity manager. Singer Lee Seung-chul also makes a memorable appearance, particularly as he tries to sport an unctuous, post-Captain Jack Sparrow-Johnny Depp-look.

As expected of a movie by a poet, it teems with imagery of time hanging still in the air and things are left simple. Even though the film's Korean title "A Story Sadder Than Sadness" is perhaps an overstatement, it allows the viewer to peruse not so much the abstract meaning of love but what it means to be in love and to care for someone.

In theaters March 11. 105 minutes. 15 and over. Distributed by Showbox/Mediaplex.

Source : www.koreatimes.co.kr... ( English Korean )

Credit : Hancinema

VOD

Sadder Than Sadness - making film 2

Download and view: Sadder Than Sadness-making

Credit to Innolife

Hi TY, thanks for sharing this link. KSW is so adorable when he cries. :sweatingbullets::lol:

Guest choong jae

oh, just saw the trailer for "more than blue." another tearjerker movie revolving the same storyline....a triangle love w/ one person being sick and about to die. Ah....yet, i still really want to watch it. can't wait for it to available w/ subs.

just a thought, does this movie make it his movie to film as a father??? oh...so happy for KSW and Son Tae Young :)

Kwon Sang Woo to open a cafe shop in Myeongdong

Moneytoday - 2009/03/05 11:46

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2057/cafei.jpg

Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo to become a cafe shop owner. He is preparing for opening a 120 metrer square large-scale cafe store in Seoul discernment cave. "Tears" (티 어 스) is the name of the cafe.

The store is under construction and decoration.

Opening day will be in the next month April.

Source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.php?

A cafe named Tears? :phew: ........ then d cook must be STY! :w00t: ...... CJW will grace d opening n Sangwoo's mama will look after baby! B) There should be a white piano at d cafe too! 36_11_6.gif

Guest TY_KSW

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200903061050471003

The special concert "sadder than sadness" held on Mar 8 planning to welcome 6000 ppl. Especially there will be more than 200 K-stars attending the show.

Time: 3PM - 7 PM

6000 ppl will hold candles infront rows ...

Our warrior Azura will be there too. :rolleyes:

oh, just saw the trailer for "more than blue." another tearjerker movie revolving the same storyline....a triangle love w/ one person being sick and about to die. Ah....yet, i still really want to watch it. can't wait for it to available w/ subs.

just a thought, does this movie make it his movie to film as a father??? oh...so happy for KSW and Son Tae Young :)

this movie is his first project after marriage... We could call it the first movie of daddy Kwon :lol:

A cafe named Tears? :phew: ........ then d cook must be STY! :w00t: ...... CJW will grace d opening n Sangwoo's mama will look after baby! B) There should be a white piano at d cafe too! [] 36_11_6.gif

Hi moi, hahaha - you're so funny................ But you know, I don't think this is the final cafe's name......... for me, it doesn't look & sound good for a F/B business. And.......... I'm sure he's going to invite again your fave actress, CJW for the launching next month & who knows, there will be a white piano inside for customer's delight - lol - :lol:

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200903061050471003

The special concert "sadder than sadness" held on Mar 8 planning to welcome 100,000 ppl. Actually there will be more than 200,000 ppl to participate.

Time: 3PM - 7 PM

6000 ppl will hold candles infront rows ...

Our warrior Azura will be there too. :rolleyes:

TY, thanks for this reminder - this will be on Sunday............ Oh, really, azura will be there? :blush: :lol:

Guest TY_KSW

Many many interview with Kwon Sang Woo these days...

Yesterday is Starnews exclusive.. today is the long articles by Newsen.

tsk tsk.. exclusive become open already! hahah

I would like to post the picture only... the interview to be posted later.

99622264.jpg

74554114.jpg

91235845.jpg

28205640.jpg

84901094.jpg

61802420.jpg

dcdb74cc74088dc714ad4c3.jpg

02b4a851bbc208454dc6a8e.jpg

Credit to Newsen

Many many interview with Kwon Sang Woo these days...

Yesterday is Starnews exclusive.. today is the long articles by Newsen.

tsk tsk.. exclusive become open already! hahah

I would like to post the picture only... the interview to be posted later.

[] 99622264.jpg[/]

[] 74554114.jpg[]

[] 91235845.jpg[/]

Credit to Newsen

TY, can't wait to read the interview soon, my dear................ waiting.............. :lol::)

Guest TY_KSW

Hi moi, hahaha - you're so funny................ But you know, I don't think this is the final cafe's name......... for me, it doesn't look & sound good for a F/B business. And.......... I'm sure he's going to invite again your fave actress, CJW for the launching next month & who knows, there will be a white piano inside for customer's delight - lol - :lol:

Tears is his title.. thats why he name the shop TEARS as a brandname :rolleyes:

If CJW was invited .. then there would come a newbie hands in hands with her Myeonggie ... tsk tsk.. SW will serenade to the new couple with the white piano.

TY, thanks for this reminder - this will be on Sunday............ Oh, really, azura will be there? :blush: :lol:

Yes dear... Azura to be there...

Tears is his title.. thats why he name the shop TEARS as a brandname :rolleyes:

If CJW was invited .. then there would come a newbie hands in hands with her Myeonggie ... tsk tsk.. SW will serenade to the new couple with the white piano.

Yes dear... Azura to be there...

TY, no wonder azura seems to be disappointed when the opening of the cafe is scheduled next month - hahaha - azura, just try to go back to Korea next month - lol - :lol::)