Kwon Sang Woo 권상우

Admin

Guest TY_KSW

TY, feel bad about your updates, huh? I know this is an inflammation but where is this exactly - stomach? Is this due to stress & fatigue? No wonder he lost a little weight again these past few days probably because he's not well. I hope for his speedy recovery. Gosh, our man is so busy with his projects - how could he have a long treatment? Besides, he'll need rest. <_<:mellow:

my dear.he got sick days ago per Azura inf.. and had to cancel the taping of Sangsang Plus

But the weight loss is not because of the sickness or over-working.. It is his deliberated purpose...

he has to lost some weights to role a man who is suffering the final stage of cancer.. thats why!

March sees dearth of Korean movies

Only two Korean films are getting released in March reflecting the weakening position of local filmmakers.

"More Than Blue," directed by Won Tae-yeon, and "Siljong," helmed by Kim Seong-hong, will hit theaters on March 11 and 19, respectively, offering a much-needed injection of local flavor amid the fast growing lineup of foreign movies here.

In contrast, some 20 foreign films are poised to compete in the local market, a massive lineup that threatens to force Korean films to the sidelines. The growth in foreign releases has plagued the Korean movie industry in the past couple of years.

The February-March period is usually a slow season for Korean productions, but the shortage of Korean films in March is particularly noticeable. Only a smaller number of Korean movies turn a profit, and producers have been forced to delay or cancel their latest projects.

"More Than Blue" is widely expected to be a big hit this month since it stars Korean Wave star Kwon Sang-woo and other well-known actors such as Lee Bo-young and Lee Beom-soo.

200903040018.jpg

The movie revolves around a radio producer named K (played by Kwon Sang-woo), who is in love with an attractive composer (Lee Bo-young). Their relationship hits a turning point when a dentist (Lee Beom-soo) falls in love with the composer.

The highlight of the film is Kwon's newfound talent in conjuring up the image of sadness. Despite the undisputed fame as a leading actor, Kwon has suffered public criticism in recent months. In the film, however, he seems comfortable with his acting, pouring out emotions undeterred -- a revealing performance that will offer pleasant surprise to Kwon's fans at home and abroad.

Poet-turned-director Won Tae-yeon has forged a melodrama that evolves into fantasy, departing from other more commercial films. This novel approach is expected to get a mixed reaction from audiences familiar with realistic melodrama.

Another drawback is the number of cameos, especially by those affiliated with the film's producers, that interrupt the flow of the story unnecessarily.

"Siljong," a thriller, is concerned about a young girl searching for her missing sister. Critics and audiences alike expect that Moon Sung-keun, a veteran actor, will help bolster the overall dramatic tension, together with heroine Chu Ja-kyeon ("Portrait of Beauty").

However, both Korean films are expected to face an uphill battle against foreign movies. This week, a host of foreign films, are set to be released. Leading the pack is "Watchmen," directed by Zack Snyder, most famous in Korea for "300," is drawing keen attention among action movie fans.

According to the ticket reservation data from the Korean Film Council, "Watchmen" emerged as the top choice for this weekend, securing a whopping 46.9 percent share.

Other films that will join the fray this week include "Look for a Star" by Lau Wai-keung, "The Wrestler" by Darren Aronofsky, and "Frost/Nixon" by Ron Howard.

"Old Partner," a hit Korean documentary, is continuing its success at the box office, getting a 15.8 percent share in ticket reservations for this weekend.

By Yang Sung-jin

(insight@heraldm.com)

Credit : Korea Herald

Kwon Sang Woo is suffering a pain symptoms in esophagitis. However because the coming Mar 11 is the new movie premiere he can't not get enough rest for treatment. The next schedule "'Cinderella Man" is going to film. Kwon is having short term treatment in hospital in every morning.

Poor man, the working schedule is quite busy.. Thats why :sweatingbullets:

Sangwoo must have been missing his regular meals, especially dinners :rolleyes: ...... probably STY's fault in not seeing to it that hubby eats well! -_-

Guest TY_KSW

Sangwoo must have been missing his regular meals, especially dinners :rolleyes: ...... probably STY's fault in not seeing to it that hubby eats well! -_-

she is feeding the baby dear :phew:

i thought that is the newbie's fault who is always into her Myeonggie negecting SW! <_<

she is feeding the baby dear :phew:

i thought that is the newbie's fault who is always into her Myeonggie negecting SW! <_<

its d wife's duty to take care of d entire family, not just baby! -_- ..... if she can't manage one hubby n one baby, what's gonna happen when more kiddos arrive on d scene later? <_<

TY, hahaha - it's moi's fault........... :lol::)

-- ditto -- -_-

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang-Woo - Son Tae Young: Our son named "Kwon Rook Hee" (권룩희)

Star-Moneytoday - 2009/03/04 19-35

krh.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young has official chosen their first son's name as "Kwon Rook Hee" (권룩희).

In the interview with Star News on March 4 Kwon Sang Woo informed that "We went to Gangnam-gu District Office to register our son's name and birth certificate. His name is not a Korean regular, it is Kwon Rook Hee."

Kwon Sang-woo said "Luke is a nickname we called our son before he was born from which the actual name was built."

"Luke is fine now. His face is pretty and looked after mine. I think I have to purchase a photo printing machine and we will show his photos all over the house. Our whole family almost worship him." The famous young daddy happily said.

Kwon Sang-woo added, "To me, it is not different between daughter and son. However because my elder brother is having two daughters while Luke is our family's first son, so we are very happy."

Source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...type=1&SVEC

Guest TY_KSW

hahha, seem Sangwoo's marriage has stimulated his colleagues to think of their own affairs.

Last week we read news about Choi Ji Woo dating Lee Jin Wook. Today another latest hot news, Jo In Sung hands in hands with Go Hyun Jung... :lol::lol:

That are surprised but not as shocking as Sangwoo's :D

hahhah.. the two couples have one coincidence that she is more aged than he's. But it not problem, they all very beautiful pairing! Congrats !

another news, i heard Lee Dong Gun seems dating with Cha Yeh Ryung!

Quite nice pair!

Just to recall you who is Cha? She is the one having the hot elevator-kiss with Kwon Sang Woo in BAD LOVE! :lol:

Guest grumpynomore

Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young has official chosen their first son's name as "Kwon Rook Hee" (권룩희).

In the interview with Star News on March 4 Kwon Sang Woo informed that "We went to Gangnam-gu District Office to register our son's name and birth certificate. His name is not a Korean regular, it is Kwon Rook Hee."

Kwon Sang-woo said "Luke is a nickname we called our son before he was born from which the actual name was built."

"Luke is fine now. His face is pretty and looked after mine. I think I have to purchase a photo printing machine and we will show his photos all over the house. Our whole family almost worship him." The famous young daddy happily said.

Kwon Sang-woo added, "To me, it is not different between daughter and son. However because my elder brother is having two daughters while Luke is our family's first son, so we are very happy."

awwwwwwwwwwwwww! proud daddy!

hahha, seem Sangwoo's marriage has stimulated his colleagues to think of their own affairs.

Last week we read news about Choi Ji Woo dating Lee Jin Wook. Today another latest hot news, Jo In Sung hands in hands with Go Hyun Jung... :lol::lol:

That are surprised but not as shocking as Sangwoo's :D

hahhah.. the two couples have one coincidence that she is more aged than he's. But it not problem, they all very beautiful pairing! Congrats !

another news, i heard Lee Dong Gun seems dating with Cha Yeh Ryung!

Quite nice pair!

Just to recall you who is Cha? She is the one having the hot elevator-kiss with Kwon Sang Woo in BAD LOVE! :lol:

Hi TY, oh, she's the "elevator-girl" - no wonder when I read the news & saw her photo, he looks familiar........ :lol::)

] krh.jpg[]

TY, thanks for sharing this. Finally...........revealing the name of his son........... So good to hear that Luke is fine. KSW is so funny saying that he has to buy a printing machine for his son's photos to be displayed all over their house. hahaha - He's really excited & happy being a dad. For sure, Luke will be so pampered since he's the 1st son in the family. :lol::)

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang Woo to open a cafe shop in Myeongdong

Moneytoday - 2009/03/05 11:46

cafei.jpg

Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo to become a cafe shop owner. He is preparing for opening a 120 metrer square large-scale cafe store in Seoul discernment cave. "Tears" (티 어 스) is the name of the cafe.

The store is under construction and decoration.

Opening day will be in the next month April.

Source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.php?

Guest TY_KSW

Rating of Golden Fishery epi 127 yesterday night Mar 4 is getting down eventhough the guest stars are very famous : Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny & Sooyoung (SNSD) & director Won Tae Yeong.

It is gaining just 11.5% (national wide) and 12.5% (Seoul) compared to last two episodes broadcasted on Feb 18 and Feb 25 at 17.80% and 19.00%.

The news claimed reason of KSW last week present. It said the downturn of rating is either influent by drama "Iljimae return" broadcasted same timelog or no KSW's present. However, can't blame "Iljimae return" because it just gained 8.90% and 9.40%.

I m browsing the source ...

Hallyu star Kwon Sang Woo to become the cafe owner. He is preparing to open a large-scale cafe store in Seoul discernment cave. ' Teo-soo' is the name of the cafe.

The store is under construction and decoration. Opening day will be in the next month April.

hahha, finally he become a business man. :lol:

TY, thanks for this great news. My 3 BIG MEN are coffee shop owners now. I'm happy for him that he starts to venture on this kind of business now. He starts to plan his life now that he has a family of his own by becoming a businessman. Gosh, he didn't mention about this in any of his interviews - I'm just so surprised. So fast that there's already a name for his cafe & will be opened next month. Wondering if he owns this as a single proprietor or he has a partner? Good luck to him! :lol::)

Rating of Golden Fishery epi 127 yesterday night Mar 4 is getting down eventhough the guest stars are very famous : Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny & Sooyoung (SNSD) & director Won Tae Yeong.

It is gaining just 11.5% (national wide) and 12.5% (Seoul) compared to last two episodes broadcasted on Feb 18 and Feb 25 at 17.80% and 19.00%.

The news claimed reason of KSW last week present. It said the downturn of rating is either influent by drama "Iljimae return" broadcasted same timelog or no KSW's present. However, can't blame "Iljimae return" because it just gained 8.90% and 9.40%.

TY, well, nothing to say except........... it's all because of KSW - our man - hahaha - I'm expecting the high ratings during his guesting on the show, actually. :lol::)

Guest TY_KSW

TY, thanks for this great news. My 3 BIG MEN are coffee shop owners now. I'm happy for him that he starts to venture on this kind of business now. He starts to plan his life now that he has a family of his own by becoming a businessman. Gosh, he didn't mention about this in any of his interviews - I'm just so surprised. So fast that there's already a name for his cafe & will be opened next month. Wondering if he owns this as a single proprietor or he has a partner? Good luck to him! :lol::)

you meant 3 men owning Cafe business are Rain, BYJ and KSW? :D

TY, well, nothing to say except........... it's all because of KSW - our man - hahaha - I'm expecting the high ratings during his guesting on the show, actually. :lol::)

yes sure.. These days.. everything relating to KSw is turn gold.

i m not surprised if they announced the popularity chart of 2009 1st half year standing KSW the 1st. :lol: (joking)

Guest TY_KSW

Kwon Sang woo - "Korean Brangelina"

Marriage - giving birth - life of 3 - happy family

Starnews - 2009/03/04 20:47

br1u.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo name has been regularly titled as "married actor", "daddy" these days. The news of marriage life of the Korea popular muscular and handsome star is always the eye-catching news. Dating and getting marriage with actress Son Tae Young, and giving birth is the hottest topic speculated by medias.

Now he is back to the screen. The first project is a sweet love and tear-shedding. The movie is gaining more public attention also because it is the first director-debut of poet Won Tae Young who adapted movie from his best seller novel "Sadder Than Sadness".

"It is an adventure." Poet Won Tae young said, "It took 40 days to complete. Not only shedding scenes but also recorded many hilarious moments. Sure you will like it."

Sweet, fantasy but sad melo love story. Kwon Sang-woo frankly spoke "I cried when watching the movie. It is really touching."

br2o.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo is enjoying his happy life as a family of 3. "My heart is filled with enthusiasm and happiness that I have never been felt before."

To the coming fanmeet in Japan, he said "That will be an official Japanese fanmeet after marriage. More than 12,000 people to participte. I m a happy actor to have real fans supporting. I would like to take care of all of my overseas fan by struggling to work. I will show my attitude through my works."

To Kwon, rumor surrounded the wedding for Son Tae Young's pregnancy is nonsense. "We will never be happy forever if getting marriage just for responsibility." He reaffirmed.

"I m now more proud of being a daddy to take care of my child. I will work well to be a good daddy. I also want to have a second child, or even a third."

The drama "Cinderella Man" is under preparation. "I m well prepared for filming now. I m satisfied with the current situation and with my little Luke. If I were given a wish I would like to see him grow up as a famous football players within four weeks." (Laughted)

br3y.jpg

Kwon Sang Woo Ssi, after all, it is a league! "I just get to enjoy working and living. It is totally enough for a married man that made everyone admired and envious" Laughing happily Kwon Sang Woo.

Kwon Sang woo - "Korean Brangelina"

Marriage - giving birth - life of 3 - happy family

Starnews - 2009/03/04 20:47

[] br1u.jpg[/]

Kwon Sang-woo name has been regularly titled as "married actor", "daddy" these days. The news of marriage life of the Korea popular muscular and handsome star is always the eye-catching news. Dating and getting marriage with actress Son Tae Young, and giving birth is the hottest topic speculated by medias.

Now he is back to the screen. The first project is a sweet love and tear-shedding. The movie is gaining more public attention also because it is the first director-debut of poet Won Tae Young who adapted movie from his best seller novel "Sadder Than Sadness".

"It is an adventure." Poet Won Tae young said, "It took 40 days to complete. Not only shedding scenes but also recorded many hilarious moments. Sure you will like it."

Sweet, fantasy but sad melo love story. Kwon Sang-woo frankly spoke "I cried when watching the movie. It is really touching."

] br2o.jpg[/]

Kwon Sang-woo is enjoying his happy life as a family of 3. "My heart is filled with enthusiasm and happiness that I have never been felt before."

To the coming fanmeet in Japan, he said "That will be an official Japanese fanmeet after marriage. More than 12,000 people to participte. I m a happy actor to have real fans supporting. I would like to take care of all of my overseas fan by struggling to work. I will show my attitude through my works."

To Kwon, rumor surrounded the wedding for Son Tae Young's pregnancy is nonsense. "We will never be happy forever if getting marriage just for responsibility." He reaffirmed.

"I m now more proud of being a daddy to take care of my child. I will work well to be a good daddy. I also want to have a second child, or even a third."

The drama "Cinderella Man" is under preparation. "I m well prepared for filming now. I m satisfied with the current situation and with my little Luke. If I were given a wish I would like to see him grow up as a famous football players within four weeks." (Laughted)

[] br3y.jpg[/]

Kwon Sang Woo Ssi, after all, it is a league! "I just get to enjoy working and living. It is totally enough for a married man that made everyone admired and envious" Laughing happily Kwon Sang Woo.

TY, thanks for sharing this. Wow, his fanmeet is coming soon.......... KSW looks so inspired in everything he does more now. Take note of what a wife & a kid can do wonders in a man's life. Even himself knows that he's being admired more now & envied upon.............. :lol::)

you meant 3 men owning Cafe business are Rain, BYJ and KSW? :D

yes sure.. These days.. everything relating to KSw is turn gold.

i m not surprised if they announced the popularity chart of 2009 1st half year standing KSW the 1st. :lol: (joking)

TY, you're only joking here, huh? But why not? lol - :lol::)