Ko Soo 고수

Admin

wow bao. i'm really impress, that pic is longtime ago if I don't see it again I already forget :P

sorry If already post, this is pic cap from showbiz scoop Arirung, bao you remember? I'm already at popcorn

yeserday, when i came to other forums, i saw them again....

hhehe...i like the MBC shhow pictures ....they look so colorful.... :D

guys do u have any infos about his career or personal plans of GS this 2006???

is he going to military??..

im hoping that marry a millionaire will increase its ratings!!...

bao OR ANYONE??,, can i ask for a summary of MAM???

yes, he is going to military....

"mam" is his last film before he go ...

wow....i saw this video clip at kosoo cafe....it is a hypothetical version of "feeling"....this clip is soooo good....i really like it

ah..."Feeling" is an old KBS drama (it was made in 1994, if i'm not wrong)....i watch it very long ago...it is my first k.drama...the story is about 3 brothers have some "special feeling" toward 1 girl who happens to have blood relationship with 1 of them....the drama is so good, in my opinion...

the clip below got idea from that drama....

"Feeling 2006" *^_________^*

Link

http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b13/data/cast/feeling.wmv

here is the casting

on the left is the real cast: (Son Ji Chang, Kim Min Jong, Lee Jung Jae, Woo Hee Jin)

on the right is the hypothetical cast: Kosoo (as Han Bin), Hyun Bin (as Han Hyun), Lee Min Ki (as Han Jun), Nam Sang Mi (as Yuri)

1134210948_feel.jpg

----

some more pictures of SOME

gs103.jpg

in the middle is director Jang ^^

some11.jpg

gifs

a1.gif

"marry a millionaire" behind the scenes

300.gif

300_3.gif

at SOME presscon

su7.jpg

su6.jpg

Guest thanhdda

hi every1, I just got back for holiday, happy new year to every body here...I am glad tthat you guys keeping this thread alive, since we are talking about SOME, I love this movie (actually I admit that I love every Kosoo's dramas or movie), the only thing is that this movie didnt get enough exposure, the marketing isnt very good, they could have done a lot more for the premiere for this movie that's my opinion.

*waves to everyone*

i have just picked this article at korean herald

Heartthrobs head for Army service

To the great disappointment of many female TV fans, several Korean heartthrobs are preparing to enlist in the Army this year, ready to serve their country as the "virile sons of Korea."

After the 2004 draft-dodging scandal involving several popular entertainers including Korean Wave star, Song Seung-heon, dodging the draft has become out of question even for the nation's most popular celebrities.

Following actor Won Bin of the groundbreaking box office hit "Taegukgi" and former vocalist Moon Hee-jun of pop idol group H.O.T. who joined the Army late last year, a lot more celebrities including singers Kim Jong-kook, Jo Sung-mo, Eric and Sohn Ho-young, and actors Ko Soo and Yang Dong-geun are to be drafted in 2006.

For these stars who are currently at the peak of popularity, putting their careers on hold for the two years of mandatory military service is naturally a great burden.

a solo singer last year after he left the duet Turbo, Shinwa rapper Eric made a brilliant debut as an actor and Ko Soo is currently riding a wave of overwhelming popularity as the hero of the SBS weekend drama "Marrying a Millionaire."

But recently - especially after the 2004 scandal - many entertainers are managing to maintain their popularity and fame even after the two-year career lull, giving the public the impression that they have completed their duties and are now "fair and square."

Korea's mandatory conscription system calls on all able-bodied men over the age of 20 to serve for two years. Despite some controversy, most Koreans consider military service as a righteous duty and as a demonstration of patriotism for all men with Korean citizenship.

Actor-turned-singer Hong Kyung-min, for example, managed to put his career back on track after completing his military service in November, earning even greater popularity by broadening his career to acting.

On the other hand, Korean-American singer Yoo Seung-jun was stamped with a scarlet letter and was banned from entering Korea after giving up his Korean citizenship in 2002. Although some stood up for the 30-year-old singer, many people accused him of deliberately dropping the Korean nationality to avoid serving in the military.

Sohn Ho-young of the popular male group god triggered a similar controversy last year, but quickly remedied the situation by announcing he would never give up his Korean nationality and would serve in the Army. Sohn is to join the Army within this year.

Actor Won Bin, who joined the military last November, chose to perform his duty with "ordinary" soldiers and is now standing guard in the Demilitarized Zone separating the Korean Peninsula.

But most other entertainers wish to make use of their talents during the two-year period by working at the Defense Agency for Public Information Services, a special promotion unit under the Ministry of Defense.

After five weeks of basic training with other draftees, entertainers selected by the agency are assigned to the unit. Dubbed "entertainment soldiers," these celebrities fulfill various duties to promote the public perception of the military service and boost the morale of soldiers.

These specially selected soldiers, however, do not receive any special treatment. Entertainment soldiers must reside in barracks within Defense Ministry grounds and keep to the same code of conduct applied to all soldiers.

While other soldiers spend their day training, they travel from one military unit to another, emceeing events organized by the agency, contribute to the production of infomercials and promotional movies, and participate in various other military cultural events.

But with a limit of 13, not all celebrities get the chance to join the exclusive group. The competition is expected to be much tougher this year, with many popular celebrities in line to join the military.

The Korean Forces Network - the military broadcaster - is anxiously waiting for the influx of star soldiers. With several entertainment soldiers participating in KFN productions, the channel's ratings are set to soar.

"This is a golden opportunity for both the celebrities and the military," said Yoon Seung-yong of the Defense Agency for Public Information Services. "We plan to make the best use of this opportunity to cheer up soldiers and effectively promote the military services."

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00601170022.asp

...lots of people are gonna go...

i wish our kosoo and other actors with the best wishes

kosoo will go in March or April, i heard that...

but since kosoo go soon, he will come back soon...

2008 will be a meaningful year to me...^^

kosoo's double loop kick

ks16vn.gif

hi bao, where do you get this gif? I really like his kicks in Green Rose and I have rewatched that scene couple times.

hi bao, where do you get this gif? I really like his kicks in Green Rose and I have rewatched that scene couple times.

i saw it quite long ago at his cafe and the official site of "green rose" before that episode was aired...

at that time, i saw some articles talking about his double loop kick in GR...that made me just can not wait to see it...

:D

btw...yesterday, i saw the translation for the lyrics of "age of innocence" at a fansite...wow...now, i can get what the song is about...it fits the story of the drama really well...

how i want to re-watch "age of innocence' very much...>.<

you can download the MV here

http://www.jkdramas.com/mv/aoi2003_mv.wmv

Translation

You (Noh)

translation by: Goro-Chan (also credit: http://aheeyah.com)

Can you feel this love inside?

Can you listen to my mind..?

Things started going wrong when I was with you..

We said we shouldn't meet again...

Like people who are strangers..

We pretended we didn't know each other...

We hid the truth from everyone...

We didn't even let the heavens know...

Now I have left you and our love is over...

It should have been easier to love you...

I look at your photos and cry because I miss you...

* CHORUS *

Remember back in the days..

You snuggle in my arms and whisper!

You won't be mine once more!

I can't do anything to stop your tears...

I have just given you heartache..

# CHORUS #

I made you cry, I made you sad...

You won't show me that you understand me...

You think you can forget about me and ife will get better...

But if you get rid of me, you still won't get rid of all the pain...

I think you are okay..

Now you don't cry about me..

I left you, you left me...

Our love came to an end like that...

We erased the past...

Now I can't have you...

Are you worrying about me somewhere...

You're not waiting for my call...

You miss those last days with me...

It is not the end..

Because now I have a different love..

I won't miss you..

You, you, now you are living happily!

Now you have accomplished what you wanted...

You, you, you won't shed a tear again...

You have given all your sadness and tears to me!

# Repeat

* Repeat

Until at last I leave you, don't say a single word..

I love you..

* Repeat x 2

Romanization

neo

romanization by: frostedsnow (also credit: http://aheeyah.com)

Can you feel this love inside?

Can you listen to my mind..?

cheom poo teo chal mot dwen shi jak ee eot seo neo wa na neun

ta shi neun man na ji doh mal rat seo ya haet go

keo ri reul seu chyo ji na ga neun saram deul cheo reom

seo roh reul moh reun che sal ra ka ya man haet seo

ah moo reon sang kwan eop neun che roh

noo goo doh heo rak ha ji ahn go ha neul cho cha doh

we myon ha neun oo ri sarang ee jehn nae ga neol deo nal geh

keu geh neol sarang ha neun keot poh da swi ool teh ni gga

poh go ship peo noon mool heu reu myon ni sa jin eu roh kam choo myon dwe ni gga

*Remember back in the days..

nae poom eh ahn kyo seo ra doh sok sak ee deon neo!

han bon doh na eui neo neun ah ni yeot teon neo!

neo eui noon mool eh ah moo geot doh hal soo eop gi yeh

ah peun ka seum eu roh neo reul poh nae chweo ya man ha neun na

**keu reoh keh ool go it neun neol keu reoh keh seul peo ha neun neoL

poh nael soo pak keh eop neun na reul ee hae hal soo it get ni

ha roo doh neo reul ee cheun che sal ra kal ja shin eop ji man

na eop neun neo yeo ya man ah peum ee ran eop seul teh ni gga

cha ra ri neo eh gen chal dwen keo ya

ee jehn nal wi hae ool ji ahn nah doh dwae

nae ga deo na neun keo ya neo reul deo nan keo ya

ee reoh keh oo ri sarang eun geud chi na neun keo ya

moh doo ji oo myon dwe neun keo ya

ee jeh nan neo eh geh eop neun keo ya

nae ga eo di it na keok cheong ahn hae doh dwae

nae cheon hwa ki da ri ji ahn nah doh dwae

ha roo eui ma ji mak geul na reul keu ri weo ha myo

geud nae ji ahn nah doh dwae

ee jehn na dae moon eh doh ta reun sarang eul

noh chi ji ahn nah doh dwae

neo neo ee jehn haeng bok ha geh sal ki man ha myon dwe neun neo!

keu reon neo ee reon pa raem ee ee roo eo ji gil

neo neo neo man eun ta shi noon mool heul ri ji ahn gil

neo seul peum doh noon mool doh moh doo na eh geh joo myon dwe neun neo!

**repeat

*repeat

neo reul deo na poh nae myo ma ji mak gga ji ha ji mot han keu han ma di

neo reul sarang hae

*repeat x2

---------------------

heh

i have just seen this interesting MV of green rose and the translation as well :D

please click on the link below to watch...it takes a bit time to load tho

http://www.youtube.com/player.swf?video_id...83FD92878F9EFAF

Translated Lyric:

Green Rose – JUST

Credit: http://members.aol.com/kpoplyrics and Goro-Chan.

*CHORUS*

They say no, no one should

In a sad fate too, this longing would always be for you

I'll never experience it

Because my life stops in front of you

It would be great if the happiness and cruel despair were a dream

Rather than never being able to wake for eternity

I'd prefer to be awake.

As a way to get over the scars

I tried to protect myself from love

They say no, you and I shouldn't

With nothing to grab onto either, my longing would always be for you

I'll never experience it

Because my life stops in front of you

I just want to put aside the endless tears you gave me

* Repeat

If it is not in this world,

Then in the next world I won't know either

That I’d be free from this hardship if I were born again

I will be waiting here, waiting for you

I love you, that is my entire reason for living

Remember, in that final moment

Yours will be the only name that I am calling

--------

another MV of AOI ...Tae Suk ssi

Download

http://centerstage.cafe24.com/H%20MV.wmv

keyqlz.jpg

----------

Kosoo Personal PR Clip

(Major Entertainment)

Download

http://1004soo.cafe24.com/gs.WMV?aEgfiXafZZAFFXRN4rAzAA00

Guest thanhdda

bao thanks for the translation of the Age of Innocence, I have this drama but no subtitle. :-(

I am very sad at the moment...wont see of have any news of Ko Soo for 2 long damn years...life seem so meaningless now.

He is the only actor that I have all of his dramas on DVD...dont like any other actor, dont know why.

I hope he will retain his popularity while he is in the army. Good luck Ko Soo

bao thanks for the translation of the Age of Innocence, I have this drama but no subtitle. :-(

I am very sad at the moment...wont see of have any news of Ko Soo for 2 long damn years...life seem so meaningless now.

He is the only actor that I have all of his dramas on DVD...dont like any other actor, dont know why.

I hope he will retain his popularity while he is in the army. Good luck Ko Soo

you're welcome....i feel you now, thanhda so sad about the news too...

but as we know, that's his duty...sooner or later he will have to go...

i hope he will do his duty very well and come back to us soon....TT_TT

wait he come back next 2 year y-naku.gif

after finish MAM anyone please update everything about him here, I'm visit here often when I miss him g-gomen.gif

i will come here often, soju while waiting for him...

kosoo makes my day :)

News on the millitary

20060120090027.260.0.jpg

‘백만장자’ 고수 훈련병 된다

http://news.media.daum.net/snews/entertain.../v11449562.html

고수 2월 중 공익으로 군입대

http://tvnews.media.daum.net/part/entertv/.../v11454423.html

bao, how can you understand this news if it is in Korean? can you read Korean? or did you use any language code? please show me. Thanks

please please translate too i'm also want to know bao y-unun.gif

news english language, I don't know it same news's bao or not g-bui.gif

To the great disappointment of many female TV fans, several Korean heartthrobs are preparing to enlist in the Army this year, ready to serve their country as the "virile sons of Korea".

After the 2004 draft-dodging scandal involving several popular entertainers including Korean Wave star, Song Seung-heon, dodging the draft has become out of question even for the nation's most popular celebrities.

Following actor Won Bin of the groundbreaking box office hit "Taegukgi" and former vocalist Moon Hee-jun of pop idol group H.O.T. who joined the Army late last year, a lot more celebrities including singers Kim Jong-kook, Jo Sung-mo, Eric Moon and Sohn Ho-young, and actors Ko Soo and Yang Dong-geun are to be drafted in 2006.

For these stars who are currently at the peak of popularity, putting their careers on hold for the two years of mandatory military service is naturally a great burden.

Kim Jong-kook enjoyed great success as a solo singer last year after he left the duet Turbo, Shinwa rapper Eric Moon made a brilliant debut as an actor and Ko Soo is currently riding a wave of overwhelming popularity as the hero of the SBS weekend drama "To Marry a Millionaire".

But recently - especially after the 2004 scandal - many entertainers are managing to maintain their popularity and fame even after the two-year career lull, giving the public the impression that they have completed their duties and are now "fair and square".

Korea's mandatory conscription system calls on all able-bodied men over the age of 20 to serve for two years. Despite some controversy, most Koreans consider military service as a righteous duty and as a demonstration of patriotism for all men with Korean citizenship.

Actor-turned-singer Hong Kyeong-min, for example, managed to put his career back on track after completing his military service in November, earning even greater popularity by broadening his career to acting.

On the other hand, Korean-American singer Yoo Seung-jun was stamped with a scarlet letter and was banned from entering Korea after giving up his Korean citizenship in 2002. Although some stood up for the 30-year-old singer, many people accused him of deliberately dropping the Korean nationality to avoid serving in the military.

Sohn Ho-young of the popular male group god triggered a similar controversy last year, but quickly remedied the situation by announcing he would never give up his Korean nationality and would serve in the Army. Sohn is to join the Army within this year.

Actor Won Bin, who joined the military last November, chose to perform his duty with "ordinary" soldiers and is now standing guard in the Demilitarized Zone separating the Korean Peninsula.

But most other entertainers wish to make use of their talents during the two-year period by working at the Defense Agency for Public Information Services, a special promotion unit under the Ministry of Defense.

After five weeks of basic training with other draftees, entertainers selected by the agency are assigned to the unit. Dubbed "entertainment soldiers", these celebrities fulfill various duties to promote the public perception of the military service and boost the morale of soldiers.

These specially selected soldiers, however, do not receive any special treatment. Entertainment soldiers must reside in barracks within Defense Ministry grounds and keep to the same code of conduct applied to all soldiers.

While other soldiers spend their day training, they travel from one military unit to another, emceeing events organized by the agency, contribute to the production of infomercials and promotional movies, and participate in various other military cultural events.

But with a limit of 13, not all celebrities get the chance to join the exclusive group. The competition is expected to be much tougher this year, with many popular celebrities in line to join the military.

The Korean Forces Network - the military broadcaster - is anxiously waiting for the influx of star soldiers. With several entertainment soldiers participating in KFN productions, the channel's ratings are set to soar.

"This is a golden opportunity for both the celebrities and the military", said Yoon Seung-yong of the Defense Agency for Public Information Services. "We plan to make the best use of this opportunity to cheer up soldiers and effectively promote the military services".

By Shin Hae-in

Source : www.koreaherald.co.kr... ( English Korean )

Credit : http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Ko_Soo.php#news

Awww... Kosoo is going to the army :tears:... he come out in 2008? Scary, I'll graduate that year :mellow:

i'll graduate in that year too :)

news on kosoo

윤상현, "고수는 천성이 착한 사람"

20060110091610.011.0.jpg

Yoon Sang Hyun (Yoo PD in "marry a millionaire") says about kosoo

"He have many good points which i want to learn.

I am older than him, but I'm new to drama. And Kosoo like great actor went to me friendly and open his heart to me."

YSH says kosoo is a shy guy, but kosoo talked to him first and had some jokes so that he could feel comfortable when acting ( YSH raised his thumb up)...^^

(thanks Kyung Hee for the info)

----

kosoo and LDH at SBS award ^^

10qu.jpg