Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

YAY!! Well.. not really yay.. but i got the samsung yp-t9 like 2.5 months ago.. I really like this mp3 player cuz it has a long battery life and for a small mp3 player it can hold videos YAY!! the only thing i dont like about it is it takes a long time to charge imo and it takes a long time to transfer files.. thats it i guess.. i really like it cuz its small too! i just hav a questionn.. for ppl who own the same mp3 player can i put different games on it? and how if i can?.. cuz the games are boring and i want to put a few of my own games on it... :D thanks

You can't put your own games on it. Samsung is using false advertisement on their website... they clearly say that you can, but you can't. =/

I have the latest firmware and there are only 3 games... -_-;;;

You can get the firmwares at anythingbutipod.com by the way

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Star005

umm this might be the wrong place to ask this...

but i am looking for a mp3.

it would be useful for it to have these qualities:

-good sound quality

-light(because i dance and my ipod is really heavy)

-long battery (hey i am a music person i neeed it for a LONG time)

-lots of memory (again music freak i maxed my 30g ipod)

-and it has to look hot<3

hehe thanks guys<3

Guest DKYang

umm this might be the wrong place to ask this...

but i am looking for a mp3.

it would be useful for it to have these qualities:

-good sound quality

-light(because i dance and my ipod is really heavy)

-long battery (hey i am a music person i neeed it for a LONG time)

-lots of memory (again music freak i maxed my 30g ipod)

-and it has to look hot<3

hehe thanks guys<3

I think it's better to make a thread to get more replies, but these are basically the players people will suggest.

Creative Zen Vision: M

Zune (Doesn't support unicode)

Toshiba Gigabeat S (I think it's S)

The newer, slimmer iPods.

I don't know about the weight, but I'm guessing there all similar. You can check 'em out at Best Buy and etc to experience the weight. If you dance with your player, then I suggest a flash drive player, but they don't have a lot of memory right now.

Guest nanshi

21QN784VC4L._SS500_.jpg

Creative Zen Xtra. Purchased about two years ago (2005) as a high-school graduation present to myself. Bought it for around $200 including shipping. 30gb.

Hefty player. Good solid build. Stainless steel feel to it, very scratch resistant and a pretty resilient player. I called it the "oni" cause it was a BEAST. The case made it really heavy and bulky, so I decided to stop using it after awhile. Was really easy to reset even without a paper clip; the player froze on me a couple times (music skipping, screen/buttons not working)... I just popped open the case, took out the battery and popped it back in. Loading time was surprisingly fast. Uncomfortably big to carry around in my pockets. I barely used up a third of the 30gb and that was with my entire music collection AND the entire first season of LOST (yeah, seriously). too big to handle.

The battery life started getting increasingly worse after about a year. At first it was okay, charged it once every few days, then it was almost every day... now, for some reason, the battery won't even accept a charge and it will only run when plugged into the adapter. I don't think it's worth it to buy another battery for it (and not use it) because...

4157P5YS2ML._SS500_.jpg

Sandisk Sansa m260, 4gb. $165 from CircuitCity.com; picked it up in-store so I didn't pay any shipping (it was ready in about an hour to be picked up... that was pretty cool).

Uses AAA batteries, which is really brilliant, especially for travel. I buy bulk packages of the stuff at the wholesale club and they're in little 4-battery boxes, so I just carry a little pack of batteries around with me for when my charge dies down. Battery life has gotten a little worse since when I first bought it, but that may be because I use it exclusively now (at home, school, and commute) and don't really use my other player anymore. 4gb is surprisingly more than enough for my uses; I don't really NEED to have my entire music collection loaded onto my mp3 player, just the songs that I'm currently listening to the most. Bad part is that it can't make playlists-on-the-go and I didn't even realize it had a "shuffle" feature until about a month ago (player is so straightforward that I didn't even think it HAD additional features). Microdrive player, I've got it in scuffles and hasn't left me yet, but the battery cover comes loose so often that it's really annoying. Tiny and convenient and fits in the palm of my hand really really well. Since it's a USB Mass Drive, virtually everything picks it up (WinAmp to transfer and sometimes just Windows Explorer just to... read my files)... which is probably my favorite fature (I really really really don't like having to deal with drivers). It really is just plug-and-play, which is probably one of my favorite features. I love using this player, it's small tiny and sleek. I'm in the market for something quite like it (maybe a little bigger so I CAN put more music on it)... same plug-and-play accessibility and reliability, the only thing that's really wrong about this player -- but the thing is that it is quite old -- is that it isn't in color... but for now... it's great!

Guest Laxntiga

Complaint with the Creative Vision M

Cons:

Batter life seems really short.

Anyone know how to get maximum usage out of th Vision M? Is there a way to turn off the backlight when I listen to music? Its annyoying when I listen to it before going to bed while it illuminates my entire room.

Freezes more than I want to.

Maybe... twice or three times every week, I use it everyday. Anyone else have this problem?

Bought it on Ebay with shipping for $197

Guest CueTheSun

Also, update the firmware on the Creative Vision M. It will increase your battery's charging functionality.

Guest *wenDzie^^*

im using Samsung YP-Z5 atm

0,1425,i=129632,00.jpg

I'm thinking of getting the Samsung YP-K3 as oppose to iPod

57_1174628444167.jpg

Does anyone have it?

is it recommended??

but i think the touch screen might break down easily

thank you!

Guest sweetREDEMPTION.

I have the Samsung YP-K5 MP3 Player.

(You may remember it from The PCD MV: "Wait a Minute")

pogue2500wm1.jpg

samsung20k55b25dvi6.jpg

Guest J-Lim

I have the inovix iPocket 2GB mp3 player

146727085_a7f3d6583d.jpg

Good points:

-VERY CHEAP! 82€

-2GB of space

-WMA (video) support

-Visualy is like an iPod

-It comes with hearphones, and some accesories more

Bad points:

-A bit slow surfing into the interface, heavy interface

-So fragile :(

Guest eminemjamesuk

At home I use a 4G 20GB iPod.

It's very nice, plays music only, and has more than enough room and adaptability for me to play my music in the car if I choose to.

When I'm on-the-go, I use my 1G 2GB iPod nano, which is very compact, durable, and very light so it's easy to take around.

Guest Laxntiga

Anyone with the Zen Vision M....... unsatisfied with the battery life? Mine doesn't even come close to 14 hours.... more like 8 tops. Is it because I keep changing songs so much? Should I put it on hold? So the screen goes dark? 0_o *sigh

Guest Sequence

Anyone with the Zen Vision M....... unsatisfied with the battery life? Mine doesn't even come close to 14 hours.... more like 8 tops. Is it because I keep changing songs so much? Should I put it on hold? So the screen goes dark? 0_o *sigh

yeah, if you play around with it so much of course it will drain the battery more. putting it on hold will have your zen last longer for sure since it will use less battery power

Guest 1312

4GB Silver Ipod Nano

Love it!!!

Pros:

1. small

2. uses flash memory instead of a hard drive, which makes it light in weight and makes no noise

3. easy to transfer songs to it. I use "yamipod", which is a free Windows software.

Cons:

None

Guest itrayya

memorex_mmp8565.jpg

MEMOREX MMP8565

purchased at Target for $70.37, total.

i like it cause it's simple..... BUT IT WONT START CHARGING!!!!

mmp85652nd.jpg

im dissapointed.

all i wanted was something simple. where i can just play some songs and listen to.

and... 500 songs my butt!!!!!!!!!!

it's cute and all... but i wouldnt want anyone else going through what im dealing with.

that reminds me, imma call the hotline and drop kick them!

I'm planning to get the Cowon iAudio D2 from ncix.com...but does anyone know if ncix is reliable? It looks like it, but I'm not sure. I see them sponsoring shows or something on Fairchild. I want to make sure though =X.

Guest mz.carolyn

After reading pages and pages of this thread, I'm really confused as to what I want. =p

I want something sleek and nice, like the Samsung player with the speakers.

But then I think about how I want to watch videos...and so I've decided I want one with lots of space.

Problem is, I don't really want a Ipod because of all the stories of heard of it. The Zune is out, because it's so clunky looking. The Creative Zen Vision: M seems like the best bet...but it's so odd-looking o.0

Are there any other mp3's out there that around over 15GB that aren't so huge?

:]

Archived