Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Guest Mugoonghwa

Cons: not the best idea for photoviewing since the screen is so small

only compatible with itunes, meaning for me about 500 of my songs are strictly windows media compatible so it could not be loaded on to my nano. If someone knows how to change windows media file songs so its able to play on itunes, PLEASE do tell.

If you import the songs [Ctrl + Shift + O] to your iTunes, then it should work. Or you could add then as files, too. Then it'll automatically convert for you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pikapika

i dont think anyone has reviewed this one so ill say a wee bit

my old mp3 broke and since i had a warranty at compusa they offered me a free mp3 player since my old one (Mrobe 100)is now out of stock...so i was looking around this one immediately caught my eye cuz it looked so sexy

it was the SAMSUNG YPK5

k5_mid-thumb.jpg

not is it sexy looking but it has the that built in speaker

ypk5-2.jpg

i love the speaker especially because i dont realli like use headphones, though the battery life is only 8 hours using speakers. It is a little bulky but what can u expect? without the speaker its decently thin~its size is similar to the ipod nano

its touch screen and has these funky screensavers and what not.

it good really good reviews on the net...average of 8.5/10 if my memory is proving correct

u can also look at pictures tho its a bit small and the quality is "eh"

it also comes with a radio and alarm clock

i also heard its in the pussycat doll mv~tho i havent watched it

i definately reconmend it and the sumsung media studio is cute i like it~i never did like itunes so maybe im a bit bias

oh and theres one thing i dont like~it doesnt come with a outlet charger...the only way u can charge it is through a computer. and it sucks for me right now cuz i left the charger at home and so i have to be careful of how much i use it here in college until the parents send it

Guest cafechoc

Hi all,

I'm planning to get my 1st mp3 player, and I need some advices and opinions.

I want one with voice recording feature for recording lectures.

I'm also thinking of one that plays videos as well, helping me to kill time in between classes. So yea, I suppose I would need one with big storage too. :P

After going online and searching, and reading some great reviews, I'm deciding between Creative Zen Vision and Creative Zen Vision:M

Since I'm planning to use it to watch videos too, the Vision has bigger screen, it ought to be nicer to watch videos on it. Plus it also has removable batteries, so I wouldnt have to worry much about batteries dying out (though I can live with the non-removable Vision:M batteries).

The Vision:M has a smaller screen, but it comes in 60GB (the Vision only comes in 30GB). I thought I might as well get the 60Gb if I'm getting the Vision:M. Some people may tell me that 30GB is big enough for music and songs...However, things like this, will never be enough, heh. :sweatingbullets:

I have seen some pictures of you posted of the Vision:M, the watching of video seems pretty not bad....right?

So, what do you all think?

For those who own a Creative Zen, how is the voice recording? I dont sit in the 1st few rows of the lecture theatre, the lowest would be like the 5th row, hence it would be good if the voice recording can record from where I sit. ^_^

If any of you have any other great mp3 players to recommend, please do so.

I like the Cowon A2 alot, but it's not available from where I'm from. :(

Edit: By the way, I heard alot of about Vision:M being Very Easily Scratched, kinda worried about that fact. Scratches on the screen or the body of the player?

i dont think anyone has reviewed this one so ill say a wee bit

my old mp3 broke and since i had a warranty at compusa they offered me a free mp3 player since my old one (Mrobe 100)is now out of stock...so i was looking around this one immediately caught my eye cuz it looked so sexy

it was the SAMSUNG YPK5

k5_mid-thumb.jpg

not is it sexy looking but it has the that built in speaker

ypk5-2.jpg

i love the speaker especially because i dont realli like use headphones, though the battery life is only 8 hours using speakers. It is a little bulky but what can u expect? without the speaker its decently thin~its size is similar to the ipod nano

its touch screen and has these funky screensavers and what not.

it good really good reviews on the net...average of 8.5/10 if my memory is proving correct

u can also look at pictures tho its a bit small and the quality is "eh"

it also comes with a radio and alarm clock

i also heard its in the pussycat doll mv~tho i havent watched it

i definately reconmend it and the sumsung media studio is cute i like it~i never did like itunes so maybe im a bit bias

oh and theres one thing i dont like~it doesnt come with a outlet charger...the only way u can charge it is through a computer. and it sucks for me right now cuz i left the charger at home and so i have to be careful of how much i use it here in college until the parents send it

It's also in Fergie's "Fergalicious" music video.

There is the Samsung K3 that will come out next month... it's basically the K5 without speakers.

my mp3 player is an LG JM53

I got it for christmas

lg_27_7_2006_5.jpg

The battery life is claimed at 30 hours which is good and possibly

true because I left my mp3 running all day by accident once and it didn't die xD

Cost was $230

8gb memory

I've used have already with over a 1000 songs and a few music videos.

I think it's pretty good because it's cheeper then an 8gb ipod nano and you can view pictures and movies.

Here's a review from http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/6556.html:

With 8 GB of Flash memory, LG's JM53 offers more storage than the vast majority of players in its class along with decent audio format support including MP3, WMA, ASF and Ogg Vorbis. Although audio output proved capable, however, its user interface and the rocker button relied upon for navigation aren't among the best we've seen. Also, although the player totes a first-class OLED screen, it's a decidedly small one at 1.8 inches and didn't do very well at video playback.

Hi all,

I'm also thinking of one that plays videos as well, helping me to kill time in between classes. So yea, I suppose I would need one with big storage too. :P

After going online and searching, and reading some great reviews, I'm deciding between Creative Zen Vision and Creative Zen Vision:M

Since I'm planning to use it to watch videos too, the Vision has bigger screen, it ought to be nicer to watch videos on it. Plus it also has removable batteries, so I wouldnt have to worry much about batteries dying out (though I can live with the non-removable Vision:M batteries).

The Vision:M has a smaller screen, but it comes in 60GB (the Vision only comes in 30GB). I thought I might as well get the 60Gb if I'm getting the Vision:M. Some people may tell me that 30GB is big enough for music and songs...However, things like this, will never be enough, heh. :sweatingbullets:

I have seen some pictures of you posted of the Vision:M, the watching of video seems pretty not bad....right?

For those who own a Creative Zen, how is the voice recording? I dont sit in the 1st few rows of the lecture theatre, the lowest would be like the 5th row, hence it would be good if the voice recording can record from where I sit. ^_^

Edit: By the way, I heard alot of about Vision:M being Very Easily Scratched, kinda worried about that fact. Scratches on the screen or the body of the player?

I don't have either of the players, but I would suggest ZV:M. Because it is portable. If you're going to carry it around a lot then it'll be better, but if you are going to watch videos a lot and want more of a portable media player, might as well just go for the ZV.

I'll try to make the decision easier on you.

Going to watch videos a lot on the player? Zen Vision

Going to watch videos a little bit? Zen Vision:M

Then of course, going to listen to lots of music? Definitely the ZV:M

Another player that I know of is the Clix 2, coming out later in the quarter, but it seems like you want big storage.

Hi all,

I have the ZVM, and it's my favourite mp3/pmp I've ever had.

For the recording, I sit pretty far back in lectures, and the sound quality is fine. Sometimes if my profs are talking too softly, I have to put it at max volume, but other than that, the recording has saved me many times, since I didn't have a laptop until now.

The only thing about the 60GB one is that the more files you have on your player, the more it lags. (I have the 30GB one) I noticed that it takes a bit longer for my player to start up because I have quite a few movies and a lot of albums.

Last, about the scratching, it's not too bad. I have the green ZVM, and the scratched aren't noticeable at all. It's the black ZVM that shows scratches REALLY easily, so if you're worried about scratches, I'd steer away from the black one =)

Guest cafechoc

I don't have either of the players, but I would suggest ZV:M. Because it is portable. If you're going to carry it around a lot then it'll be better, but if you are going to watch videos a lot and want more of a portable media player, might as well just go for the ZV.

I'll try to make the decision easier on you.

Going to watch videos a lot on the player? Zen Vision

Going to watch videos a little bit? Zen Vision:M

Then of course, going to listen to lots of music? Definitely the ZV:M

Another player that I know of is the Clix 2, coming out later in the quarter, but it seems like you want big storage.

I have the ZVM, and it's my favourite mp3/pmp I've ever had.

For the recording, I sit pretty far back in lectures, and the sound quality is fine. Sometimes if my profs are talking too softly, I have to put it at max volume, but other than that, the recording has saved me many times, since I didn't have a laptop until now.

The only thing about the 60GB one is that the more files you have on your player, the more it lags. (I have the 30GB one) I noticed that it takes a bit longer for my player to start up because I have quite a few movies and a lot of albums.

Last, about the scratching, it's not too bad. I have the green ZVM, and the scratched aren't noticeable at all. It's the black ZVM that shows scratches REALLY easily, so if you're worried about scratches, I'd steer away from the black one =)

Thank you yangster and &rea. ^_^

Yangster: I heard good stuffs about the Clix too, but yea, I'm looking for big storage. Plus, I dont see the Clix around from where I'm from. :wacko:

&rea: Most of my profs speak softly too, so I'm really glad to know when you told me it's able to record from where u sit. :D

Both players are so awesome, as much as I like the Vision, I figure I would listen more than watching videos esp. in college. What's more, I'm not too sure about this, but I heard the Vision is a discontinued model and the Zen Vision:W is the replacement for it, and this one has an even bigger screen. :w00t:

So yea, I guess I would go for the ZVM (and prolly, hopefully, the ZVW too in the future, hehe). :P

^I forgot to mention this. If you are worried about your player getting scratched. You can always buy silicone cases, or other types, to protect the player.

Guest cafechoc

^I forgot to mention this. If you are worried about your player getting scratched. You can always buy silicone cases, or other types, to protect the player.

I thought about the silicone cases too, however, it seems they only have for the 30Gb so far. I'm thinking of the 60Gb I guess. Well, if I do, hopefully they have a silicone case for that by then. :)

ZMV 30gb @ 179.99 after $50 rebate! i also bought the skin so in total $206 for shippling and handling! got it from newegg.com <3

Cool deal, but I'm hoping to go S'pore sometime soon to get ZMV out there, should be cheaper there I guess. ^_^

Guest miranduh

god; for reals stay away from the black one if you mind scratches *points to self*U_U so many haha because when i bought it; it just came out; no accessories for it.

one question. did anyones stop transferring?

mine can't transfer anymore.

a while ago it could transfer one by one.

now it freezes by the end >____>' is it a computer memory problem???

alright so heres the follow up after i ordered my zen. my zen came yestarday and boy ITS ONE SEXY BABE. i got the black one bevuz the pink one needs another 10 dollar and i was like psh. and yes, it does get scratch very easily.

so far i used like 5 gb alreadi. i still have lots of put in ( i have at least 30 gb of songs LOL kill me.) so yea. when i first unpacked it from the box, i didnt know how to turn it on. i spent like 15 mins tryin to turn it on while chargin it. it gave me no response so i just waited when it had been 100% fully charge. boy..this is where the sexiness starts.

transferrin songs is very easy. even a NEWB LIKE ME got it :) !! it is worth the money! go get it guys <3

Guest alicechen

Hi everyone! You guys provided such great reviews!

I'm planning on buying a Creative Zen V Plus or SamsungYP-T9JAB

I have been reading quite a lot of reviews about the two but is still pondering of which to Buy. The Creative Zen V plus is heck of a cute player while the Samsung one supports games! Ahhhh...so hard to pick.

My request is a player that can play music, view photos, watch clips....etc.. that is small and light.

Opinions anyone? or other players?

Thanks!!

Guest shortnsweet

Hi I plan on getting a creative zen vision M since my stupid ipod broke, but first I want to know whether the creative supports other languages such as Korean.

Guest xoxo.poppinv

mp3player.jpg

Samsung YP Z5

Capacity: 1 GB

Battery Life 15 Hours -ish... takes like four hours to fully charge depending on how fast your comp is... mine takes only about 3 hours...

Description: Holds pictures & Mp3's; touch pad; reset button on left bottom

it was a xmas gift from my bro apparently it cost about 100$... pretty reasonable for a 1 GB, they have 2 & 4 GIGS in silver & pink too XD i just noticed samsung makes mp3 players that look like phones ^^;;

I thought about the silicone cases too, however, it seems they only have for the 30Gb so far. I'm thinking of the 60Gb I guess. Well, if I do, hopefully they have a silicone case for that by then. :)

Cool deal, but I'm hoping to go S'pore sometime soon to get ZMV out there, should be cheaper there I guess. ^_^

Your right, I'm surprised that the 60 GB doesn't have one since it's popular. I found a European site that has one though....http://www.i-nique.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=886

OR

You can get Best Ever Skins. It's a clear skin that'll definitely protect your player and most people recommend it if you don't want the player to look bulky by adding the case.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-3...-M-Total/Detail

Cheaper than a case too.

Hi everyone! You guys provided such great reviews!

I'm planning on buying a Creative Zen V Plus or SamsungYP-T9JAB

I have been reading quite a lot of reviews about the two but is still pondering of which to Buy. The Creative Zen V plus is heck of a cute player while the Samsung one supports games! Ahhhh...so hard to pick.

My request is a player that can play music, view photos, watch clips....etc.. that is small and light.

Opinions anyone? or other players?

Thanks!!

Well....the T9 has some flash games. Other than that, it's about the same. I would go for a Samsung just because I like the "cool" factor over the "cute" factor. This is a guy's opinion.

Archived