Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

^ thanks for the review. i really want a new mp3 player, and the zune seems very enticing! however, i also want to wait for the next generation's zune. its very hard to decide

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dachink

my review on my black Zune

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

next to a white Zune

l_ea57cdcceb632166f342d2d876bf7d55.jpg

30gig hard drive

probably 12 hrs for audio and 4 hrs for video

the player interface looks similiar to the ipods scroll wheel but it's just a d-pad :(

pros:

AMAZING audio quality :o could be my KSC75s but the sound is very clean with a good amount of texture and a tight bass that extends deep with a good amount of impact.

scratch resistant

nice earbuds

big and clear lcd

pretty and fast UI

big lcd=big wallpaper :o

great video playback

awesome packaging

cons:

no unicode support yet!

no lossless support yet!

no gapless playback yet!

doesn't support a lot of video codecs yet unless you do the hack for avi

can't organize things into folder like Japanese music in a Japanese folder

no clock.

horrible software

conclusion: I am very satisfied with this purchase but I hope they implement features like lossless and unicode in the next firmware update. UMS would be nice too :)

FEB 11th UPDATE! Still have my Zune and have not regretted the purchase since I bought it :)

Zune with case and JBL 220 References

th_l_096b6cac6290c4949f8ec91a9fb77e85.jpg

Guest christina.

^Wow, that's so pretty! Haha, is that the same girl on your avatar?

---

Don't get Creative mp3 players!

...Okay, maybe it's just my luck but mine broke on me in less than 3 months. =___= So I think I'm looking into buying another SAMSUNG mp3 player since my old one was SO good to me<3

http://www.samsung.com/Products/MP3Player/...YP_K5JABXAA.asp

It's so hot<3

I saw a review on this mp3 player, but I have a question: Does it support differnent languages for song titles? (Chinese, ect.) It's Samsung so it should... right?

...Does it break easily? >_> I'll get pissed off since I thought my Creative was lovely. But I was wrong. .__.; It scarred me for life and I'll NEVER get another Creative ever again. The memory size just enticed me. T_T; (I was actually thinking of getting an iPod but.. I really hate iPods.. ;x)

And how does it display song names? ^^; (Like, are there 3 lines for the song title, the artist, and the album, or is it just the song title?)

T_T It's half the memory of my old mp3 player, but at the same price. But I'm desprate and Samsung has always been so good to me<3

What's messed up is that I had bought a new mp3 player for a REALLLY long car ride to Philadelphia (its about 26 hours... so I'll DIE without music) but it died before the day even came! sdklfjdsklgjsklg

-Christina

edit.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/MP3Player/...YP_T9JABXAA.asp

Wow~ It can view txt files! I can read fanfics when I'm in the car~ But I don't see the point of it playing videos if the screen is 1.8"... o__o; I'd get even more blind trying to watch a mv/drama on it. xD But how good/okay is the video playing feature?

Maybe this one is more suited for me.. (plus it's cheaper!) it's the same amount of space and I'm liking the txt file thing. :3 Any reviews on this? I saw post in here with it, but only photos. ^^;

Oh God, but can you read a txt file AND listen to music at the same time? If not.. total turn-off. D;

---

v Yeah, I was curious and watched it. o_o That's just amazing.

^I can only answer one question. It should not break easily at all, especially since someone drove a truck over it. Search "samsung k5 truck" or something like that on youtube if you want to see it. I would say "yes" it does support the other languages since every Samsung has previously.

Guest MUGETSU

I have an iRiver H320 and its ANCIENT - LOL It came out like 3 years ago and its discontinued, but you can still find it for sale. I got mine 2 years ago before Spring Break.

What I don't like about it: Selecting songs takes a bit longer since you have to manually press up and down and select when choosing songs and holding it down makes it go a bit faster, but its still slow. It's kinda fat, about 2 centimeters thicking than a 4th generation ipod color, but it is still operable in one hand.

What I like about it: Plays videos, shows photos, mp3s, FM radio, mobile hard drive, great sound quality and very loud (volume setting from 1 to 40 and 15 sounds loud enough already). Battery life is great - I've had mine for two years and the battery is still going strong! Also i've had NO problems with the player even though I dropped it numerous times. Can get stratched, but is very resistant. Customizable - you can take it apart and mod it if you like.

Note: If you have the American version you need to flash to Korean firmware to be able to play videos. Takes a few seconds to upgrade to new firmware.

intro.jpg

lol I've had this long enough and I feel like upgrade to a CZM or iPod 5th Gen.

Guest 4ever_sweet

christina.: I've heard a lot of good reviews on both mp3, so I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I actually have a different mp3 that can read .txt files and view pictures, etc. And my mp3 actually lets you listen to music while reading/view pictures. Only downside is that the screen is really tiny. I don't consider it a con, but many do.

Maybe you'd like to check out mines? It supports other languages too!

but yea, there are lots of reviews for the 2nd mp3 on this forum. Just go back one page, page 30. You'll see my review for mines too.

Wow~ It can view txt files! I can read fanfics when I'm in the car~ But I don't see the point of it playing videos if the screen is 1.8"... o__o; I'd get even more blind trying to watch a mv/drama on it. xD But how good/okay is the video playing feature?

Maybe this one is more suited for me.. (plus it's cheaper!) it's the same amount of space and I'm liking the txt file thing. :3 Any reviews on this? I saw post in here with it, but only photos. ^^;

Oh God, but can you read a txt file AND listen to music at the same time? If not.. total turn-off. D;

Viewing videos on the T9 is actually pretty comfortable. The screen is also really bright and really clear. :D And yes, you can listen to music while doing other stuff like reading text or viewing photos.

edit: Actual photo I took of the T9 playing a video (sorry... crappy photo)

yp01ij1.jpg

Buuuut you really need to see it in person. I was pretty amazed at the quality

Guest christina.

Dachink: Oh, it looked like her. Sorry^^

4ever_sweet: Wow! COWON is so pretty~ ^^ Your mp3 player is so beautiful! I don't think they sell it at the BestBuy where I love though.. Nice mp3 player<3 I just went through losing an mp3 player that I never really knew the brand (CREATIVE) so I'm a bit scared to try something other than Samsung now. I'm still so pissed off my mp3 died on me so soon. T_T My really old mp3 player is still working so well, but it's old and I need more space (my old one was only 1 gb haha and my CREATIVE was 8 gb so.. o-o; the memory size enticed me to buy it. xD) So I think I just bought it without thinking first. .___.;

Jaeho: Thanks so much for answering my question about the text thing! ^^ My old CREATIVE didn't let me listen to music and look at pics... how weird, right? I like the K5 since it has speakers, but it's too pricy.. so I'll stick to the next best thing~ T-9 ^^ Haha. A few questions though (if you don't mind ;x)

EDITED. (Bought it today~ Oh my gosh, it's so SHINY. o____o)

-Christina

Guest Trinity <3

Meizu M6

mp3pa7.jpgmp31nv7.jpg

just got this today. my first dedicated mp3 player (phone, PMP, PSP not included).

it is very small and light. a very solid build. it has a touchpad, that you just have brush your finger on to access files, scroll, etc. takes some getting used to. the touchpad can also be pressed in like buttons.

can just drag and drop files. has the ability to watch movies (.avi), music, photos, e-books, FM radio, voice record, etc etc. i am taking this on my trip to Las Vegas, i'll add more to this review later if needed.

Overall sound....incredible. great equalizer settings.

Ahh, Yes thank you! I've been waiting for your review. And I might just get the M6. =)

Guest SongBird

Here's another detailed review of the Meizu M6 http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/20...ayer-review.php

I pray that flash players can pass the 20 gig mark in capacity by next year. And for companies to give better battery life to flash players since there are no moving parts, and maybe tweak the display screen somehow to give better battery life.

^ i agree with that. thanks for the reviews everyone its really helped me now whats what in the mp3 player world. ^^

ahhhhh i need a new mp3 player but none of the ones out satisfy my wants!! plz more gbs and smaller designs for pmp.

I'm planning to get a Samsung YP-T9JAB 4 GB Digital Multimedia Player (Black). I was wondering if you could put any additonal games in it. Like, you can drag in tetris in the game section.

I'm planning to get a Samsung YP-T9JAB 4 GB Digital Multimedia Player (Black). I was wondering if you could put any additonal games in it. Like, you can drag in tetris in the game section.

No, you can't... New games will be available on firmwares. I downloaded the latest Korean firmware and it had one new game on it...

That kinda sucks... but I didn't get the T9 to play games, so that's OK. :sweatingbullets:

Archived