Lee Bo Young 이보영 | Upcoming Drama 2024 : Hide

MDSY

Spotlight: Lee Bo-Young, Slow And Steady Rise To The Top

20140505_seoulbeats_leeboyoung

After tying the knot with her beau Ji Sung at the end of 2013, Lee Bo-young recently wrapped up her first drama project as a married woman, God’s Gift – 14 Days. It could be foreshadowing in the works as this is her first attempt in portraying a parent, specifically a mother who travels back in time to save her kidnapped daughter. A rather different direction from her previous works, it’s also her first stab at embarking on the full-fledged thriller genre. While it wasn’t a ratings hit, not even breaking the double digit barrier, it was nevertheless an exceptional performance by Lee, cementing her versatility and her willingness to constantly challenge herself. So, let’s take at her lengthy track record and how she came to be.

Unbeknown to most, Lee was actually a former Miss Korea contestant, having won the beauty pageant in Daejeon in 2000. She then auditioned to be an announcer in MBC in 2002, but was cut at the final 15 round. She also tried her hand at modeling, and was selected as the exclusive advertising model for Asiana Airlines, which is often considered a ’gateway to stardom’.

Although she was more well-known for her modelling and endorsements activities, she made her acting debut in 2003. None of her earlier roles stuck with the audience until her antagonistic role in Save the Last Dance for Me in 2004, where she incidentally played second-lead to her now-husband, Ji. In 2005, she was snagged her first leading role in the daily drama, My Sweetheart, My Darling, where she picked up her first Best New Actress Award at the KBS Drama Awards. However, her subsequent small-screen projects failed to gain any traction for her career.

Read full article: http://seoulbeats.com/2014/05/spotlight-lee-bo-young-slow-steady-rise-top/

Guest Tribute12

Totally agreed with the full article posted by @MDSY above... I always believe in "Easy come, easy go" motto and her success is coming in slow and steady rather than abruptly.

I think rather than we compared which projects are better for her, ..Those three last projects of her really influenced her name today. First, MDSY was really a god's gift to her. Since that drama, I think LBY's eyes are open widely to choose better scripts and stop being any cheerleader to the hero. Without hubby Ji Sung help, her agency too must be taking this precaution by scanning a good script for her now post MDSY..

While IHYV was really helping her in gaining popularity  internationally.. IHYV served different purpose to her. With 20 eps, more user friendly to be marketed to other countries rather than MDSY.. While MDSY, used to make her name became household name in domestically. What will come better than this? Back to back being discussed by audiences through dometic and months later through international base. Then coming GG14D, even my heart is saying that she accepted the drama due to SBS deal with her Daesang, but what good enough is SBS giving her not cheerleader type role anymore..After the two previous dramas, she has became a deserve to be respected actress..

When she already left an impact in popularity during 2013, what comes next is just to prove that she is not playfully or just being lucky in this industry. She is really serious and by that GG14D has proved it.
Just imagine if she just has MDSY..then, surely I never meet her today. I always assumed she is boring type actress who used to be 2nd lead in SYLDFM years ago. Unless, I was unintentionally click the KBS World Channel and watch MDSY and found that it is good. But the possibility to be lucky like that is really small.. (sorry @stevie8 chinggu)  :)) . Because of her IHYV, I gave her 2nd chance to be watched.. That drama really famous in my country last year. Without that drama, I will loose a great opportunity to meet LBY and MDSY too..And just imagine if she just has IHYV without MDSY..I has a tendency to make her just one time drama lucky girl...

hmmmm.... Just finished Equator Man last week and after finishing it, I have "indescribable feeling".. A feeling that can't be explained.. At least watched GG14D ending, I have a confuse/angry/thankful/glad/confuse again feeling..

I just like her in this scene towards the end.. (ep 16)..just this scene..This is the only biggest decision she made in this drama.. But overall she is cute in this drama..and finally she sang one verse OST with UTW.. much clear voice I heard from her..Her singing is my present from this drama  :x

orzoeaU.png

Guest stevie8

Flashback >> MDSY cast appearing on HT (HD version) back in 2013.

LSY and LBY seem to have differences in opinions......it was quite funny to see the little "bickering" going on between them during the show :))

Guest pooh77

@stevie8 I watch that "Happy Together" a few weeks ago.LBY is too honest, but that's why LBY looks natural :))

Guest Tribute12

Actually this was posted by seoyounglby and credit to DC fan, but I really like the pic and translated some words to english with very limited knowledge of Hangeul..Anybody here that could translate well? Feel free to repair and add my translation because the words were spelled wrongly somehow..Maybe because they used their local language or actually a kid that made this..not formal..and I'm just lowly human being to understand it.
Ahjumma SH is so cute being isolated like that!!!
Hye Sung ah...why you get too many words to say? so talkative!!!   :))    :P

UmIrXjF.png

-Not made by me, just translating-

Tribute12 said: Actually this was posted by seoyounglby and credit to DC fan, but I really like the pic and translated some words to english with very limited knowledge of Hangeul..Anybody here that could translate well? Feel free to repair and add my translation because the words were spelled wrongly somehow..Maybe because they used their local language or actually a kid that made this..not formal..and I'm just lowly human being to understand it.
she is a lawyer. should be talkative. seo young shy girl & least talkative even thought she played lawyer in MDSY drama. thanks for the translation. LBY fans sooo creative.

Tribute12 said: Actually this was posted by seoyounglby and credit to DC fan, but I really like the pic and translated some words to english with very limited knowledge of Hangeul..Anybody here that could translate well? Feel free to repair and add my translation because the words were spelled wrongly somehow..Maybe because they used their local language or actually a kid that made this..not formal..and I'm just lowly human being to understand it.

-Not made by me, just translating-