Busan regrets removing set of ‘Train to Busan’

Authorities in Korea‘s second-largest city Busan and the Busan Film Commission have expressed regrets for having removed the set of homegrown zombie flick “Train to Busan,” local media reported Thursday. “If people could anticipate the enormous success of the movie, people would have made the right choice,” a BFC official was quoted as saying in the Yonhap News Agency report. 

160812_busan_01.jpg

The set where scenes in KTX cars were filmed had previously sat in Busan Cinema Complex, which belonged to the BFC and was composed of two studios. It reportedly cost more than 200 million won ($182,000).

Discussions had been made between city officials and a foundation for arts and culture after the filming was over.
However, the lack of funding to maintain the set hampered officials and the foundation in making a swift decision.

160812_busan_02.jpg

The train set was left barren for three more months after it was removed from the studio in a yacht harbor nearby,
and by the end of the year it had been disposed of. “We are willing to rebuild the set,” the BFC source said
. “We are keeping the blueprint.”

http://www.koogle.tv/media/news/busan-regrets-removing-set-of-train-to-busan/

• Like 3

On 8/11/2016 at 9:35 PM, princess nour90 said:

Gong Yoo on Celeb O Meter , showbiz korea ep.1417:wub:

13880372_10154443723344628_5033544036606

13895095_10154443723419628_7776977695478

13880383_10154443723489628_3127761609205

13902711_10154443723479628_7916201957796

13895254_10154443723719628_3390395554409

13882112_10154443723839628_8948515926179

13924976_10154443723924628_6904827578273

13900371_10154443723979628_3684622871151

13925259_10154443724144628_3130016682292

13887132_10154443724234628_6757981272271

13895466_10154443724344628_9223345287958

The 1st message in Messages from international fans is from ME!!! OMG can't believe they put it there :lol: hope Gong Yoo read it!!

• Like 3

Gong yoo selected  as top actor of brand reputation survey in August

1471048227210_99_20160813094205.jpg?type=w430_q80

Brand Reputation Index is an index extracted from the data, and the big brand consumer behavior analysis classified the participation value, communicating value, and media values, community values, social values and place the weights. The actor was brand reputation index of consumer behavior analysis with the participation index, media index, index communication, community index.

August Brand Reputation Index ranking is Gong Yoo, Ha Jung-woo, Song Joong-gi, Park Hae-il, Hwang Jung-min, Lee JeongJae, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Soo-hyun, Cha Seung-won, Lee Beom-soo, Song Kang-ho, Kang Dong-won, Choi Min-sik, Yoo Hae-jin, Oh Dal-su, Yoo Seung-ho, Lee Kwang-soo

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000639320

• Like 2

[teen stories] WHICH ONE OF THESE MEN ARE CLOSER TO YOUR IDEAL TYPES?

4. Someone who's reliable and manly like Gong Yoo

download.jsp?FileID=37396789

download.jsp?FileID=37396521

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[110+ - 9-] Gong Yoo god..
download.jsp?FileID=37397291

[78+ - 0-] When I saw Yoo Ah In, I thought "obviously Yoo Ah In?" Then I saw Park Bogum and went "Duh Park Bogum"; When it got to Lee Jehoon I went "Isn't it straight up Lee Jehoon"ㅋ? When I saw Gong Yoo I went "It's Gong Yoo", and then Ma-vely...He's mine

[50+ - 0-] Ah the more I scrolled down, I went from "Of course if it's sexy, it's Yoo Ah In" then "I like the kind Park Bogum too" and "Hul? Lee Jehoon is Lee Jehoon", "Crazy, it's Gong Yoo" and "Ah Ma Dongseok is too cute" at the end I liked them all so I can't choose

[32+ - 0-] I love you
download.jsp?FileID=37404776

[28+ - 0-] Gong Yoo is the truth, but still it's Yoo Ah In for me

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com.eg/2016/08/teen-stories-which-one-of-these-men-are.html

• Like 3

August Brand Power Rankings For Actors Revealed

August Brand Power Rankings For Actors Revealed

T

he Korean Business Research Institute has revealed its brand power rankings for actors for August (from July 11 to August 12). The results come from 76,521,377 pieces of data that measure brand participation, media coverage, communication, and community.

In first place comes Gong Yoo with 7,718,734. Following him is Ha Jung Wooand Song Joong Ki in second and third place respectively

A representative from the research institute revealed that there were big changes in brand power rankings due to the success of the film “Train To Busan” which features Gong Yoo. As for Ha Jung Woo, he had been maintaining a high ranking but moved up from third place to second place due to his new film “Tunnel.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/13/august-brand-power-rankings-actors-revealed/

• Like 2

New Record for Train To Busan :w00t:

Train to Busan becomes first Korean movie to cross $1 million mark in Singapore

busan2.jpg

SINGAPORE - It seems Singaporeans never tire of zombies.

Following the success of zombie horror films such as 28 Days Later (2002) and World War Z (2013), South Korean director Yeon Sang-ho's Train to Busan has become the top-grossing Korean movie of all time in Singapore.

The movie which was released at local cinemas on Aug 4 has taken in $1.17 million at the box office, distributors Golden Village Pictures and Clover Films said in a statement on Thursday (Aug 11).

This makes it the only Korean movie which has ever crossed the million-dollar mark in Singapore. The only other Korean movie to come close to a million bucks was 200 Pounds Beauty (2007) which brought in $980,000 for Singapore cinemas.

Over in its home country, Train to Busan also broke the record for garnering 10 million admissions in the shortest span of time, and is also the first Korean movie to clock 10 million admissions at South Korean theatres this year.

Train to Busan stars Gong Yoo, who plays a divorced father taking a train from Seoul to Busan with his daughter (played by Kim Soo An) so she can see her mother. A virus outbreak in the train then turns passengers into zombies and all hell breaks loose.

The Straits Times rated the move three-and-a-half stars out of five, calling it "fresh", "suspenseful" and "truly imaginative".

Internationally, the film has also been well-received beyond the region, with a 96 per cent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and an impressive four-and-a-half star rating on We Got This Covered. The New York Times called it "a public-transportation horror movie with a side helping of class warfare", and named it a NYT Critics' Pick in July.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/train-busan-becomes-first-korean-movie-cross-1-million-mark-singapore#sthash.gMvarlJk.dpuf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, princess nour90 said:

New Record for Train To Busan :w00t:

Train to Busan becomes first Korean movie to cross $1 million mark in Singapore

busan2.jpg

SINGAPORE - It seems Singaporeans never tire of zombies.

Following the success of zombie horror films such as 28 Days Later (2002) and World War Z (2013), South Korean director Yeon Sang-ho's Train to Busan has become the top-grossing Korean movie of all time in Singapore.

The movie which was released at local cinemas on Aug 4 has taken in $1.17 million at the box office, distributors Golden Village Pictures and Clover Films said in a statement on Thursday (Aug 11).

This makes it the only Korean movie which has ever crossed the million-dollar mark in Singapore. The only other Korean movie to come close to a million bucks was 200 Pounds Beauty (2007) which brought in $980,000 for Singapore cinemas.

Over in its home country, Train to Busan also broke the record for garnering 10 million admissions in the shortest span of time, and is also the first Korean movie to clock 10 million admissions at South Korean theatres this year.

Train to Busan stars Gong Yoo, who plays a divorced father taking a train from Seoul to Busan with his daughter (played by Kim Soo An) so she can see her mother. A virus outbreak in the train then turns passengers into zombies and all hell breaks loose.

The Straits Times rated the move three-and-a-half stars out of five, calling it "fresh", "suspenseful" and "truly imaginative".

Internationally, the film has also been well-received beyond the region, with a 96 per cent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and an impressive four-and-a-half star rating on We Got This Covered. The New York Times called it "a public-transportation horror movie with a side helping of class warfare", and named it a NYT Critics' Pick in July.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/train-busan-becomes-first-korean-movie-cross-1-million-mark-singapore#sthash.gMvarlJk.dpuf

congratulations Gong Yoo 

• Like 4

“Train to Busan” Climbs To 15th Place In Korean Box Office History

choi-woo-shik-ahn-so-hee-jung-yoo-mi-gon

The zombie apocalypse blockbuster “Train to Busan” has ranked 15th overall in Korean box office history.

On August 13, the Korean Film Council revealed that on the day before, 81,419 viewers watched 1,494 screenings of “Train to Busan” in 521 theaters, beating out “Avengers: Age of Ultron” and entering the top 15 box office hits of Korean national history.

Even after reeling in 10 million viewers by July 19, the film still continues to attract an audience of 70,000 to 80,000 on weekdays, and 15,000 to 20,000 on weekends. With Korea’s National Liberation Day coming up on August 15, the film’s total audience count is expected to skyrocket to 11,000,000 people.

Starring Gong Yoo, Ma Dong Seok, Jung Yoo Mi, Choi Woo Shik, and Ahn So Hee, the film tells the story of passengers on a KTX to Busan attempting to survive a zombie virus outbreak.

“Train to Busan” is the first live action and third feature-length movie of director Yeon Sang Ho who was behind animation films “King of Pigs” in 2011 and “The Fake” in 2013.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/14/train-busan-climbs-15th-place-korean-box-office-history/

• Like 3

Song Kang Ho Teases Gong Yoo About Never Buying Dinner

song-kang-ho-gong-yoo-2-800x450.jpg

Actor Song Kang Ho pokes fun at his friend and junior actor Gong Yoo.

On the August 14 broadcast of MBC’s “Entertainment Relay,” the cast of upcoming film “The Age of Shadows” sit down for an interview.

During the show, actress Han Ji Min shares a story from when they filmed the movie and says, “On Song Kang Ho’s birthday party, Gong Yoo treated us to beef.”

song-kang-ho-gong-yoo-han-ji-min-tae-goo

Song Kang Ho reveals, “Gong Yoo is famous for not doing staff dinners. That instance of buying beef was extremely rare. I ate food from him for the first time then,” leaving Gong Yoo dumbfounded.

Gong Yoo attempts to explain, “Let me clarify. I have no opportunity to buy him meals because he’s always doing it first.”

Song Kang Ho hilariously responds, “That’s because you never do.”

Their film “Age of Shadows” is set to premiere in September.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/08/14/song-kang-ho-teases-gong-yoo-never-buying-dinner/

• Like 4

Gong Yoo’s Hit Movie Train to Busan Crosses 10 Million Moviegoers in South Korea in Milestone Succcess

ogo.jpg

The last month couldn’t have gone any better for K-actor Gong Yoo as he just netted the biggest career success of his already impressively popular achievements. The hit zombie on trains movie Train to Busan just crossed the 10 million viewer mark in South Korea, making it only the 14th movie in the history of South Korean box office to do so, as well as the first movie in 2016 to rake in such success. It’s done more than 2015’s two 10 million plus viewer box office winnerA Violent Prosecutor, and can possibly surpass Assassination as Train has only been in the theaters since July 20th and still has a few week legs to go. This summer has been full of big name and/or big budget K-movies and the runway success of Train is truly an achievement, especially as the movie is also doing well overseas and building on its buzz.

ogo2.jpg

The Korean production company is now in talks with over a dozen Western movie companies to remake the movie, which isn’t a terrible idea since Train is a mashup of Western upgrades to the zombie genre and the Korean hit train circling the globe movie Snowpiercer. This one actually can work in a remake setting, just maybe don’t transplant it onto a plane or boat.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/08/14/gong-yoos-hit-movie-train-to-busan-crosses-10-million-moviegoers-in-south-korea-in-milestone-succcess/

• Like 3