I liked the challenge that was presented to GY by having to portray a child in an adult body and the adjustments the character had to make in order to fit in. How fast he had to grow, how much he had to improve, how hard he would have to convince everyone the person inside is the same as the person on the outside. Being able to portray this type of role is difficult and not every actor has the skills necessary to pull it off, but GY did it quite flawlessly. No, the drama itself wasn't very good. In fact, it was a downright mess, but I enjoyed GY's performance and his chemistry with LMJ and I would rewatch it. Not for the plot, but for GY and LMJ.

CP is, indeed, a great drama. It's my favorite one out of all the dramas I've seen over the past thirteen or fourteen years. His chemistry with YEH is really spectacular too and his character in the drama... Oh my. Hehehe.

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(236, 183, 20); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px;"Gong Yoo – Full of Charms

공유

*This article may contain personal feelings

Gong Yoo shown on the screen has been a textbook actor who shows stable acting and great voice; doing his best for the role he was given. His charms ‘The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince’ was only the glory of the past.

However, Gong Yoo I met at the stage greeting of <The Suspect> was a great-looking man. I did not expect him to be that charming. First of all, his ratios were perfect with long legs, and small head. And once you start watching his passionate acting in <The Suspect>, you get to wonder what his limits would be. In short, he has perfectly transformed from the ‘sweet guy’ into the ‘action guy.’

He uploaded his selfie of watching <The Suspect> in 4D – it shows how much he loves his work. He is a great actor who can overcome his limits.

공유

Gong Yoo turned into twins – he also has a cute side

He also has great fan service spirit as well

Gong Yoo’s chocolate muscles that make you gasp

공유 셀카

Gong Yoo, proud of watching his movie in 4D

공유핫팩

Hot pads turned into ear muffs. Cuteness was added to his intense looks.

Photo provided by Management Soop

credit Get It K

shalini577

said: New fan of Gong Yoo here!!! Yoooo hooooo

:)

I never thought I would like any other hero more than Han Ghul but Tae -In!! Oh God! Tae in! I am not able to get over Tae-In. Watching it second time, Even tho Han Gul is way hotter, Tae-In is so sweet! . I am yet to watch anything post military, I am afraid, what if he has changed too much? Is he still as charming as before? I am reading the early forum pages < 100. Are the crazy yoo gals still around?

:)

I loved to read all their droolings .

Guest shalini577

Watching Biscuit teacher - 3rd time... do people ever get over Yoo fever? is there a cure or is it for life :D 

Guest marikolah

I personally suspect that the Hong sisters are fans of "Star Biscuit" too. "Big" has similar story elements...teacher/student love thing but with a twist! And they keep casting the Gongs in their dramas. Haha.

Guest shalini577

ha ha yeah!!! thats so true!  :) :) Big did feel like star biscuit many times...ah ! that student, he doesnt look like a student at all.. star candy - so yum :D  So i thought may as well watch biscuit again than watch Big which is going all over the place...I finished Big tho, forwarding any scene which din have yoo in it :P 

Guest shalini577

I know you guys have seen this before, but oh god!  this is for when I need a quick fix for my addiction, at work for example :D ( but this is very like Han kyul isnt it? Oh so hot.)

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!!! I was watching almost all Gong Yoo's dramas and movies, and I really love him from head to toes!!!! Can someone tell me where can I watch his last movie "The Suspect" here in USA??? Thanks!!! :-h

Guest marikolah

@pafaccio‌ http://www.fandango.com/thesuspectkorean_170142/movieoverview You can put in your zip code to find a theater that is close to you. If there is a Koreatown in your city, I bet you'll be able to watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Yoo Narrates for Barrier-Free Version of Animated Movie “Approved for Adoption”Gong-Yoo-800x450.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo generously lent his voice to narrate screen commentary for a ‘barrier-free’ version of the movie “Approved for Adoption” (original title “Couleur de peau: Miel”) so that the visually and hearing impaired can enjoy the film as well.

Barrier-free versions allow the blind and the deaf to watch along with other moviegoers by providing commentary for what is happening on the screen, as well as Korean subtitles on the screen.

Last month, at a recording studio, Gong Yoo focused his efforts on the script to completearrow-10x10.png the narration. Although it was the actor’s first time doing screen commentary narration, it was reported that he surprised the staff members by successfully finishing the recording in less than two hours.

On his first-time experience with narrating, Gong Yoo shared, “I’ve had a lot of interest in barrier-free films for some time and I was lucky to be given this great opportunity to help. In order for the viewers to not miss anything, I put in all of my effort to speak clearly and calmly while I was recording the narration.”

The original version of this animated film has previously been invited to 80 film festivals and has been awarded 23 times. “Approved for Adoption” premiered in theaters on May 8 and the barrier-free version will be released on May 13. 

Gong-Yoo-narration.jpg

Cr: Soompi News

class="at_title" style="padding: 0px 14.65625px; margin: 0px; font-size: 32px; list-style: none; line-height: 38px; letter-spacing: -0.04em; clear: both; text-align: center; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Noto Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Yoo, Records Commentary Narration Of Movie "Skin Color = Honey" For The Disabledgog-yoo-records-movie-for-the-disabled.j

Actor Gong Yoo recorded the commentary narration for the barrier free movie "Skin Color = Honey" for the blind.

A barrier free movie is one that explains the screen for the visually impaired people and Korean subtitles for the visually impaired people.

Gong Yoo, who did his first set of recording last month for the movie, wore a casual outfit and seriously committed to the recording. Even though it was his first time doing a screen commentary, he finished his portion in 2 hours, shocking all the staff members.

Gong Yoo said, "I was always interested in barrier free movies and I was lucky enough to be given this opportunity so I decided to help the disabled through this. I tried to read as clearly as possible so that anyone who watches it could enjoy it."

"Skin Color = Honey" will be released tomorrow.

© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Guest thesillyashy

shalini577 said: Watching BIG, but its not the same as Coffee Prince! Why did they cast him as a kid? Grrrrr!  I mean - its such a waste of talent....He'd make such a wonderful strong character, if given a chance.  I loved biscuit teacher - expecially the last 4-5 episodes were just... sooo satisfying. Coffee prince was really great, except for the last episode. I m keeping one fine day for later. :) I think I wil l watch coffee prince again and then biscuit teacher again.. and then coffee prince :D  Its a pity the crazy fan girls of pages 500-700 are not active anymore.. I want to spazzzzz :D I cant get over Han Kyul. Its an additcion which is eating into my healthy yoga time and book reading time since more than 2 months now. When will I get over it? 

K-drama Fandom: K-drama Helped One Fan Feel Less Lonely When She First Arrived In The U.S.

Sally Oky

When Sally Oky first moved to the U.S. from Nigeria two years ago, she was lonely and by her own admission a little depressed, but k-dramas helped her get over that.

"Each time I watch a k-drama I just feel like I am in another world and I get so relaxed, forgetting about all my troubles," said Oky, a pre-med student in Seattle.

The 20-year-old's first introduction to k-dramas happened about two years ago when she looked over at the screen of a fellow student in her college library. She wondered what the student was laughing about.

"I asked her what she was watching and then she told me that it was 'Dream High.' I was like oh, wow," she said. "When I got home that evening I wanted to see what was so funny. So I googled 'Korean drama.' OMG, anyone who knows me knows I love colorful and cute things. As soon as I saw the faces on these dramas that I had to pick from I got excited."

She randomly picked the drama "Big," starring Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung, and it was a lucky pick. She loved it.

"I loved this drama so much because it was age-appropriate, romantic, cute, funny, and loving," said Oky. "The words aren't doing my emotions justice."

Oky thinks that American television has a lot to learn from k-dramas in terms of the way they portray romance. Less can be more when it comes to creating dramatic romantic tension.

"They can express it more PG," she said.

Since "Big" she has seen dozens of dramas and stays up to date with the latest drama news.

Watching the dramas made her more curious about Asian culture, which she knew little about when she first moved to America. Now, she is learning the Korean language and has plans to visit South Korea next year.

"I have visited several Korean restaurants and am planning on going to a k-pop concert," she said.

Oky fell in love with k-pop when she first heard it. Her favorite k-pop bands include EXO, both K and M, Shinee, 2NE1, BigBang, B.A.P, IU, miss A and f(x).

Her favorite dramas so far have been "School 2013," "The Heirs," "You Who Came From Another Star," "You're The Best Lee Soon Shin," "Flower Boy Ramen Shop" and "Pretty Man."

If there were one actor that she would describe as her bias it would be Lee Jong Suk.

"My shout out would definitely go to Lee Jong Suk oppa," said Oky.

Cr: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/22082/20140514/k-drama-fandom-k-drama-helped-one-fan-feel-less-lonely-when-she-first-arrived-in-the-u-s.htm

Guest thesillyashy

I am currently watching One Fine Day with our dearest oppa in it. The show's not that great! Bleah fashion but boy, he's totally grab the attention when he's in suit! His long legs! 

Gong Yoo turns into a charming barista20140528094921_5385328fdd284_1.jpg
Actor Gong Yoo turned into a barista.

Gong Yoo is currently active as an advertisement model of a coffee brand, and on May 28th, behind cuts from a new advertisement shooting were unleashed.

The photos show Gong Yoo showing a sharp and charming look, wearing a white shirt and a black tie.

During the shooting, Gong Yoo participated in a coffee roasting process as well, and it is said that he kept his eyes on every parts of the process.

Gong Yoo brewed coffee after the roasting was done, and it is said that he delivered a glass to every staffs, who participated in the shooting.

A representative said, "All of the female staffs, who participated in the shooting, were extremely excited to watch Gong Yoo participating in coffee roasting process with a serious attitude."

Meanwhile, Gong Yoo is deciding his sequel at the moment.
/Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com |  May 28 2014