How To Avoid The Sun - Bi (rain)

JohnnyMoon

태양을 피하는 방법
Hello all.

I don't know if many of you watch Comedy Central's "Colbert Report", but I ran across one segment of his show where he talks about Bi (Rain), the Korean singer, and how Bi beat him to be the #1 on the list of "Time's Most Influential People". As you may know, Bi was chosen as one of Time's 100 Most Influential People of 2006.

Stephen Colbert also makes his own remix off Bi's song, "How to Avoid the Sun". It's really funny, you guys should watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4_0Jm_18c

Anyway, watching this clip reminded me of his song... and I sang a snippet of it, about two minutes of it. Feel free to listen by clicking on the link below and comment =]

Soundclick

Guest babiixru

oh boy, i missed listening to your singing!

well... i have no criticism to say ><

the emotion sounds really good, and you sound really on pitch. but i don't know the song well, but even then, sometimes you just can tell if someone goes a little flat/sharp etc. WAH you're so good. how long did you take voice training for?

wow, that was a pretty dumb video of steven colbert. great way to make fun of korean pop culture. -_-

Your voice is so much higher than Rain's. LOL ~

The run in the beginning was very smooth. You've gotten a lot better at that stuff now. :D

Great clip! Post more !

Guest cindy-yang

Lol. Stephen Colbert's mv was funny!

<3 i love the one you sang <3

good job.

cant wait to hear another from you ^^

Guest luvjunjin0819

i'm excited! it's been a lil while since u've posted anything & I must say.......WOWWWWWWWWWW! this sounds awesome!

great job! :D

Guest sarang-hyesung

LOl. yes i saw that MV thingy on youtube..

it was funny..

i like your version too!! ^^

Guest fantasiimaker

Hahaha thanks Johnny XD that was a scary, but pretty funny video.

I haven't heard you sing for a while! *listens*

Whoo~ that signature soulfulness is still there ^_^ Sorry but...I prefer your voice over Bi's. *is attacked by Bi fans* XD;

I think you could've put just a little bit more attitude and energy into the song, but I really liked the flowing of your singing with the beat.

Any chance you'll try a Se7en song now? Haha ^^

Guest milkbunny

whao this is my first time hearing you sing, wow your voice...i fell for it <33 , awesome job..I replayed your version abt 10 times hahaha

Thanks for the comments! babiixru, i never had significant voice training, but I was in school choirs and went out to various choir competitions last year.

As for the Colbert video, I hope Bi fans don't take much offense to it. I felt rather happy that Bi was included Stephen's show - it proves how much Korean impact has been made known in America than ever before. At least that's my opinion, haha.

Keep listening and leave comments =]

Guest lovablekrnstar63

wow. amazing voice..

& i havent seen the stephen colbert clip

it's hilarious, though

Guest I <3 SUNGMIN

You sound like you're like holding yourself in.

practice on your emotions, and try to sing this song with more 'feeling' and mre 'effort'

some parts of this song, needs to sound STRONG, you know what I mean?

Overall, it was great, just try to practice that song more.

please PM me or something if you're going to record it again after you pratice, I would like to hear it.

Oh, and your voice sounds like it would match this song very well.

^^

Guest aznguy212

Johnny~!!!

can you gimme the link to download the instrumental music for that song?

I've been searching for instrumentals for a lot of korean songs!!

please tell me~

and you sing super great!!!!

I'm a guy and I'm like "whoa!! This guy is kicking my richard simmons in singing! Gotta improve and beat him out of the competition!"

that last part was a lie...but yea...awesome voice you got going on...

Guest geneyoonit

niice runs

i cant do this style of style ><

im not really a fan of bi, but u handled this song pretty well~

finish it pleeeeeeeeeeez~ :D

You sound like you're like holding yourself in.

practice on your emotions, and try to sing this song with more 'feeling' and mre 'effort'

some parts of this song, needs to sound STRONG, you know what I mean?

Overall, it was great, just try to practice that song more.

please PM me or something if you're going to record it again after you pratice, I would like to hear it.

Oh, and your voice sounds like it would match this song very well.

^^

Great point. I feel like just about every recording I have to hold myself back because in order to generate that 'feeling' I need to put emphasis and stress on the words, which for some reason turns into static for the recordings I make with below par equipments =T But yeah I agree, this song could use more emotion into it. Thanks for the comment =]

aznguy, PM me and I'll try to upload the inst for you.

Thanks for the comments guys =] I appreciate them!

Guest ny-sw / ny_sw.

I've got to say..

that Stephen Colbert clip was friggin hilarious.

And your voice is absolutely amazing and you pull this song off well, but yeah, as someone said earlier, you sound too reserved at parts.

Great job. :]

Archived