Bánh Mì, A Vietnamese Submarine Sandwich

Peekabooitzme

I LOVE IT>________<

here in australia we usually call it vietnamese roll/ pork roll (월람빵) ..and they sell it at the viet bakeries

SO YUMMY..esp with fresh bread

i likle it HOT with chilies, and everything in it all the veggies..so fresh and nice...i usually eat the pork one

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MoonChild

are these sandwiches a French invention or Vietnamese & French ?

I think it's a combination of French because of the type of bread ,and the pate spread [both French in origin]

the type of meats and veggies are more asian influence / viet

Banh Mi is definitely a Vietnamese dish and creation. Although it use some of the French ingredients such as the French inspired baguette and paté. I don't know if it is because the French bakeries where I lived suck or not, but I don't like the way they made their baguettes versus the way Vietnamese stores made it. For one thing, their baguettes get hard as a brick after you leave them out for a day, and I can leave plain banh mi outside for a week and the inside is still soft and the outside still crunchy.

Yum. Banh mi is good, especially when i'm in a hurry to get somewhere. I usually go to Lee's Sandwiches too, but that's not exactly the best places to get banh mi. If i have time, i'll usually go down to garden grove & find one of those little banh mi shops ^^

I loveeeeee banh mi! I used to eat dat biet a lot, but now it changed to that chicken one at Banh Mi Saigon. <3

Goodness, I can never get tired of banh mi. I love the meat with the red border or something, lol, but don't know what they're called. It's not thit nuong.

Mmmm....I could so go for some of that right now too. Yes, I love these sandwiches! They are the best sandwiches ever! I don't eat the pepper though.

Guest pajnra

i love those sandwhich. they're the best..i like eating the carrots because they're soaked in something so they're sweet.

Guest MY SOUR JELLiE BEANS :D

I like those but I hate the ones from Lee's though LOL I like the ones from Banh Mi Cali here in Garden Grove/Westminster haha

Guest Broken_Heart

I love eatting banh mi and cha lua. I don't live near Lee Sandwich and my mom is lazy to make them :(

Guest rapunzel283

I'm not a fan of thit nguoi, I usually get chicken :P...

And I don't like pate, I like xiu mui :D

Someone from Adelaide! Tell me, is Banh Mi Tay Do still open?

I used to love that place ._.

They make the best nem nuong ever! <333

But the BEST banh mi thit I've ever had was in VietNam, at Banh Mi Thit Thanh Thai, across the road from my mum's childhood house in Duc Hoa, Long An. For less than $0.50 (~5000D), you got this amazinggg banh mi thit. You see the bread coming straight from the oven (where they still use coal ovens), and they don't put a lot of anything in it, but they're soooooo good! <333

Guest My_Redemption

YESS! i LOVE them! i had one this morning! lmaooo. it's soooo darn good. i eat it with hot sauce. yummm :D

Guest greentea:vee xo

I eat banh mi almost every sunday. It's so yummy, and I take out the jalepenos out too. so hot x_x

Archived