Ask The Fellas

Guest ikweli

Diina said: Another question!; Let's say you meet a nice girl on the i-net (soompi for example), you're totally into her, you're both connecting great and you start msging eachother...then when you finally start having feelings for her and you're willing to start a (serious) relationship with her even tho it's a long distance one...you find out that the girl has been lying to you about everything! Her name, age, ethnicity, background, studies/work and even her looks!! The only thing that was true about her was her peronality and feelings for you.
What would you do?...keep in mind that you really like her..

(Reason I asked is because I know this really exists and people really do these kind of creepy things...for example 'catfish' the tv series...all about facebook lovers etc..)

Guest brokenmachine

If you thought a girl is 'really cool' (personality wise), is it also associated with 'not gf material'?

Guest brokenmachine

Thanks for replies! Just wanted to check that when 'cool' is used on a girl it's still a pretty positive thing :)

Guest hishari

Guys, it's Friday night and you're spending the evening in with your girl. She is a terrible cook. Would you rather eat her (not very good) dinner that she put in loads of effort into making, or just order delivery? 
I'm asking because i'm a mediocre cook. 

hishari said: Guys, it's Friday night and you're spending the evening in with your girl. She is a terrible cook. Would you rather eat her (not very good) dinner that she put in loads of effort into making, or just order delivery? 

Guest SlicedBread

hishari said: Guys, it's Friday night and you're spending the evening in with your girl. She is a terrible cook. Would you rather eat her (not very good)

Guest hishari

SlicedBread said:If she had already cooked, I'd eat what she made. Otherwise, if she was just thinking about it, I would try to steer her towards take out. Failing that, I'd steer her towards making something easy & hard to mess up. :) 

Guest SlicedBread

hishari

said:

SlicedBread

said:

If she had already cooked, I'd eat what she made. Otherwise, if she was just thinking about it, I would try to steer her towards take out.

Failing that, I'd steer her towards making something easy

:)

Guest HERMIT

hishari said: Guys, it's Friday night and you're spending the evening in with your girl. She is a terrible cook. Would you rather eat her (not very good) dinner that she put in loads of effort into making, or just order delivery? 

Guest hishari

HERMIT said:
Well, it depends upon her own attitude towards her own cooking.  If she actually realizes she is a bad cook but continually tries to put in the effort, then I'll likewise put in the effort to eat it.  Yet, because she has this attitude, I would likewise feel more comfortable to directly throw out some constructive criticism if I thought it actually merited it.  But on the flip side, if she was actually oblivious to her cooking and actually fancied herself a decent cook, then I would obviously have to take a different approach.  Sure, I'll still eat the food but I'd certainly have to be more delicate in how I'd criticize it.  Now, if she's a real hothead or quick to getting her feelings hurt .... well, I guess I better crack out the jumbo size Sriracha sauce and hope for the best.