Ask The Fellas

Guest iilysium

Oh! and another question.

It seems that girls are OK with checking out other girls/acknowledging they're good looking, but guys can't seem to do that. Whenever I comment on how handsome a guy is, the other guy with me will say something like, "IDK I don't check out dudes" or "I'm not gay so I don't check out guys".

Is that true? Do you guys honestly, in your head, not even consider if the other dude is handsome looking at all? Never think, "Gee, that dude is a handsome bastard". Or is it just reaction formation?

@iilysium
no probably not, only if I knew I would escape from it or if I wouldn't be totally messed up afterwards, which is, well impossible. I guess the smarter response would be- "no, I can't catch" I'm no Bruno Mars :/
no, I probably won't chew her leg off either. I'll try to break the chains though. so it'd still be clamped in, but at least free. yeahhhh...you ask all these provocative questions that totally cross the line, I hope you don't mind that for me, they also cross my line of selfish "common" sense, and I'm gonna say, "no, I'm not going to do it."
One of my best friends, she's a girl, she hates it when I check out other girls. meanwhile, I'm totally ok with checking out guys, but I'm not gay, I can do that neutrally... she's just insecure and kinda jealous, so I have to tone it down a bit when talking about girls I'm interested in around her. so what's up with this? I don't care how handsome a guy is in a negative sense, I'm just happy for him, and admire it, but I do get jealous of other guy's girlfriends...sh*x.

who's that in your pic? is that really you? she's beautiful..

Guest jammer25

Ashley-Kat said: Here's where I'm confused: Why would you keep showing a girl pictures and videos of KPOP girl groups she isn't really interested in and saying "OMGGGG so HAWT. Look at her!!!" [i'm not bi, I don't want to look at girls... if it was a cool MV or dance then I get it. But if not... why would you show me?] 

Guest NitsujN_RN

@Ashley-Kat - He's being insensitive and disrespectful, probably trying to impose his "perspective" of a pretty girl onto you, in turn, trying to make you feel jealous and giving himself a ego boost. It's an ego game when either sex tries to compliment and acknowledge another attractive opposite sex in front of them (i.e. boyfriend is talking about how smart another girl is in front of girlfriend). Don't play into that situation. So mock him indirectly by showing him a picture of a guy in a girl's wig and be like "OMGGG, so hawt! Would you look at this beauty?" 
He'll get the message.

iilysium said: Oh! and another question.

It seems that girls are OK with checking out other girls/acknowledging they're good looking, but guys can't seem to do that. Whenever I comment on how handsome a guy is, the other guy with me will say something like, "IDK I don't check out dudes" or "I'm not gay so I don't check out guys".

Is that true? Do you guys honestly, in your head, not even consider if the other dude is handsome looking at all? Never think, "Gee, that dude is a handsome bastard". Or is it just reaction formation?

Ashley-Kat said: Here's where I'm confused: Why would you keep showing a girl pictures and videos of KPOP girl groups she isn't really interested in and saying "OMGGGG so HAWT. Look at her!!!" [i'm not bi, I don't want to look at girls... if it was a cool MV or dance then I get it. But if not... why would you show me?] 

Guest iilysium

@iilysium

no probably not, only if I knew I would escape from it or if I wouldn't be totally messed up afterwards, which is, well impossible. I guess the smarter response would be- "no, I can't catch" I'm no Bruno Mars :/

no, I probably won't chew her leg off either. I'll try to break the chains though. so it'd still be clamped in, but at least free. yeahhhh...you ask all these provocative questions that totally cross the line, I hope you don't mind that for me, they also cross my line of selfish "common" sense, and I'm gonna say, "no, I'm not going to do it."

One of my best friends, she's a girl, she hates it when I check out other girls. meanwhile, I'm totally ok with checking out guys, but I'm not gay, I can do that neutrally... she's just insecure and kinda jealous, so I have to tone it down a bit when talking about girls I'm interested in around her. so what's up with this? I don't care how handsome a guy is in a negative sense, I'm just happy for him, and admire it, but I do get jealous of other guy's girlfriends...sh*x.

who's that in your pic? is that really you? she's beautiful..

Nah, my point of asking these questions is coz they're pretty extreme, and I'm sure a good portion of people wouldn't do it. So I'm just curious about honest answers and I appreciate the honesty.

Yeah that's me, when I'm not an alpaca. Thank you.

@iilysium Well i know ladies do check out other ladies if they are really pretty( frm my sister and friends), guys hmm i think its more of a pride issue/ being alpha so if theres another  better looking/attractive guy is in their presence they probably wouldnt care cause whats in the guys mind is just women-unless they are gay. Also, i dont think guys would intentionally check other guys out it has to be in a situation where they are in your line of sight e.g. the corridor or something.
Edit : Well theres a difference when guys are alone or with friends, most usually would "appear" to be more confident when with friends than alone so yeah u would expect their reactions.

Guest SlicedBread

iilysium said: Is that true? Do you guys honestly, in your head, not even consider if the other dude is handsome looking at all? Never think, "Gee, that dude is a handsome bastard". Or is it just reaction formation? 

@diina independent ladies to me a gemini at least is the first thing i look for besides intelligence lol, well i know other guys who rather have a dependent girls on them so it really depends.
@oooroosay Asking a lady out as a joke if there was a purpose i have done it before if not i would rather treasure the time alone lol.