Cutie*Songstress Songs!!!!! ^_________^

Guest Cutie*Songstress

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cutie*Songstress

Hahahaha...thank you!!! =P I really love imitating...and it's really fun...I can do Ayu, Koda Kumi, Jade, BoA, Otsuka Ai, Namie Amuro, and bunches more...but I have to say, I'm most comfortable singing Koda Kumi...n_n that's closest to my true style. I can even do anime voices...I'm reallllllly good at imitating 'Ask Ketchum' from Pokemon...XD kinda embarassing.

Guest juki_love

^ yea ur voice is more koda kumi compared to the others that you've written~~

i really hope u can post some new songs^^

would u mind singing a BoA song? i would love to hear one from you++

well actually any songs are fine +__+ coz i want more~~

Guest Cutie*Songstress

Awwwwwwwww...thank you so so much! n_n And I'm gonna be posting 'MeriKuri' on my musik page soon, hope u check it out. =)

• 2 weeks later...

Hahahaha...thank you!!! =P I really love imitating...and it's really fun...I can do Ayu, Koda Kumi, Jade, BoA, Otsuka Ai, Namie Amuro, and bunches more...but I have to say, I'm most comfortable singing Koda Kumi...n_n that's closest to my true style. I can even do anime voices...I'm reallllllly good at imitating 'Ask Ketchum' from Pokemon...XD kinda embarassing.

I don't like coming out of "lurking mode" but when Rilani told me that someone singing Ayu and Koda Kumi surfaced on SF, I just had to see what "everyone" was talking about.

Ok...I've seen you on SI before...check out some songs...hey, not too bad...pretty sexy.

Please don't try to sound like someone else already popular. It's been done and quite frankly, it's rather boring.

Do you get what I'm trying to say? From one singer to another, I'm just saying that you should "take a walk off the beaten path". Go find out what your true voice is. Because for a lot of people (and most of them don't even have the courage to say it...) it sounds like...you're pushing yourself to sound like these singers. That's not right. I used to do that too, and eventually, you're going to kill whatever originality that you had inside of you.

Don't imitate. Go your own way. It's fun...but don't let it be a habit.

Ok...that's enough from me. I'm going back into lurker mode.

lol i listened to a couple of your songs and i still don't know what your normal singing voice is HAHAh cos you use a different voice in each song.

Guest fantasiimaker

XDD I was half-hoping for Fiona's Cowell to show up soon.

JiHye pretty much took everything I had to say. To add on to it, you have a good strong voice, nice range, and you DO imitate quite well. (In my opinion at least,) it's pretty crucial to find your own style when singing covers, because people don't really need to hear the same song twice ^^;

Good luck with your future singing endeavors!

...now I wish Fiona would come out of lurker mode and post something <<;

Guest Cutie*Songstress

I love imitating, okay?! I have my own voice, I just like to try other styles too. One style gets boring after awhile...I like doing others too...that's what makes my voice unique, right? Not everyone can do that. And I don't force myself to sound like them...I never strain. It just comes from my heart and it flows naturally.

i don't think imitation is what makes your voice unique. It's what makes it less so.

What makes your voice unique is your ability to, in your own style, do a variety of different styles. If using your own voice gets boring, then something is probably wrong and you should probably look into it. Imitation is good practice, ne, but it isn't the way to go.

Think of it from another perspective. Say and artist tries to draw in the style of all his idols, because he says his style feels boring. What should he do? He should try to make his style better.

Guest Cutie*Songstress

I know that!!! But imitating is a hobby, it's not what I'm gonna do all my life!!! I have my own style and it's okay...but I like singing other styles too. If U could do that, then I believe u would too. Don't blame me just because I like to be open-minded and creative and just try out other styles too! They help my own voice grow.

I know that!!! But imitating is a hobby, it's not what I'm gonna do all my life!!! I have my own style and it's okay...but I like singing other styles too. If U could do that, then I believe u would too. Don't blame me just because I like to be open-minded and creative and just try out other styles too! They help my own voice grow.

Um...no. They don't help your voice grow. Trust me. They don't. All they do is stunt your creativity. YOUR creativity. And "singing in other styles"? I think you used the wrong term here. What you're doing is not "singing in other styles". What you're doing is "imitating other singers" who are famous just because they sound different. Really, the world doesn't need another Ayu or Koda. -_-;;

IF we could do that, then we would. <_< Bad choice of words there, sister. If you're referring to Sou, me and Lisa... <_< VERY very VERY bad choice of words. WE can do it. In fact, the fact that WE CAN do it, is the fact that we DON'T do it. WE don't have to flaunt the fact that we can sound like other "famous" singers. All we do is sing. ORIGINALITY is the key here.

*God...why am I doing this?!*

*slinks back into lurker mode*

Thanks Fiona. <3<3

If you want to sing in another style, try out some rock, or some trip hop, or some underground pop. What you're doing now is artist hopping, and that leaves you without a personal vocal identity.

and personally, I don't like to admit that I'm good at imitating. It's a skill to some, perhaps, but to a lot of people, it's not something to be proud of. Personally, I would be horrified if everytime I sang something, someone said "wow, you sound just like her."

Unless it's Lisa saying I sound like Ringohime. Then it's okay. xDD <3<3 because it's only because of a similar vocal character and pronunciation-- not an overall attempt at imitation of a style.

There's not really a point in arguing it, ne. If it's what you want to do, then, by all means, do it. Have fun, ne. ^^ <3

Guest Paradox Alchemist

Oi vey. Yeah. What Sou-hime said. If what's how you get your kicks, then by all means, keep on it.

But is that the way you want to be a singer? To have people say "Gee, she sounds just like so-and-so!" ? Don't you wanna branch out a bit? Don't you want people to say/think "There's only one of her out there!"

-_- I know I would.

Guest Cutie*Songstress

Well, believe me. It does help my voice grow. U wouldn't know 'cause U'R NOT ME!!! Koda helps me with my deeper notes, Ayu helps me with my high ones...it's MY technique and not everyone can do it...if u wanna go ahead and say u can do it, be my guest...but u'r lying. U don't know my voice and it's techniques. I've had people ask if I've had vocal lessons because I sound so clear and beautiful...but NO. I haven't...because my singers are my vocal coaches. I learn keys -n- notes by listening to them. They DO help me grow. It is unique that I can sound like other singers...no one else I know can. And really...I like it. Tons of people out in the world wish they could sound like their idols...and I can!!! It's a gift, a blessing...not something bad. I have my own voice and style...but I like to practice other ones too...it's not a horrible thing...just let me do it my way. Let me be me. Stop trying to tell me what to do. Some things that u may do don't work for everybody. U don't know everything about singing. U may think u do, but u'r wrong. No one is ever going to know u...no one is ever going to know ur name...u won't be a singer if all u can do is put down other people. Turns out I can sing like me AND my idols...that's amazing...it's unique. So why blame me if I wanna show it off a little? U would too if u could do it. Oh...but that's right, U CAN'T!

Guest Cutie*Songstress

XD Yeah...we need to stop all this arguing...people, stop being rude and insulting my singing style just 'cause u can't do it. =)

Anyways! =P I'll be posting more songs on my musik page soon!!! n_n Hope all the NICE people who didn't insult me go and check 'em out.

Guest tsububu

It is true, that some music nowadays lack an element of emotion, its whatever sounds good.

Some songs are suited to different voices.

Ultimately I believe music should be something that should be sung from the heart. :). It is after all an art. But if this is your hobby then all I can say is keep at it -,^

Guest sikkony

Well, believe me. It does help my voice grow. U wouldn't know 'cause U'R NOT ME!!! Koda helps me with my deeper notes, Ayu helps me with my high ones...it's MY technique and not everyone can do it...if u wanna go ahead and say u can do it, be my guest...but u'r lying. U don't know my voice and it's techniques. I've had people ask if I've had vocal lessons because I sound so clear and beautiful...but NO. I haven't...because my singers are my vocal coaches. I learn keys -n- notes by listening to them. They DO help me grow. It is unique that I can sound like other singers...no one else I know can. And really...I like it. Tons of people out in the world wish they could sound like their idols...and I can!!! It's a gift, a blessing...not something bad. I have my own voice and style...but I like to practice other ones too...it's not a horrible thing...just let me do it my way. Let me be me. Stop trying to tell me what to do. Some things that u may do don't work for everybody. U don't know everything about singing. U may think u do, but u'r wrong. No one is ever going to know u...no one is ever going to know ur name...u won't be a singer if all u can do is put down other people. Turns out I can sing like me AND my idols...that's amazing...it's unique. So why blame me if I wanna show it off a little? U would too if u could do it. Oh...but that's right, U CAN'T!

Hmmmm that's quite harsh and rude.

And to be honest, even if Fiona and Sou and others were agreeing to your idea, I still stand strong that imitating is bad. Anyone can too, imitate to an extent - who can't? But it's not about imitating. We are all born with different voice timbre, different physical makeup and different singing ability. By imitating you are forcing sounds that your body isn't naturally producing. I doubt your vocal build up is the same as Koda Kumi and Ayu (2 people here - it'd be impossible to have two different vocal build up anyways). Hence, you shouldn't be creating sounds like them unless you were going for the style. I also don't see the originality in imitating other singers heh.

And I totally agree with Fantasiimaker, Sou and Fiona (and those others who agree with these girls because I didn't read the whole thread).

This is also an open discussion forum. There is no need to put down other people like you have done. No one has shot you down yet unlike you have to others. Most here are just expressing their views on your rendition. If you can't handle the truth, tough. Either don't post at all, or eat it.

Archived